Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,193 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! (9318 Views)

REPORT: Yar'adua Is Brain-Damaged / President Yar'adua Is Dull? / Yar'Adua Is Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 9ja4eva: 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2007
savesoul:

Dont suprised if Yar'adua himself orders EFCC to Arrest Obasanjo and his Fraudulent Crew on June 1st. You bet It!!, Umaru is just a Chameleon he would soon change his colour. No doubt he is a Good and truthful Man, he might be the one we need in Nigeria. Remember, Hausas na "Chop i Chop", The national cake would definitely get to you

Na true u talk oh.I feel so too.Its PDP people dnt want nt Yar Adua per see.Lets see what happens anyway.I hope he shocks us all.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Icon(m): 12:13am On Apr 24, 2007
I won't be surprised too if that happens. The same way Obasanjo turned against Babangida after he got to ASO rock. But who knows, it might be all have been a script. But I'm kind of sure Yaradua will not prove to be the puppet that others have predicted him to be. EFCC might end up visiting OTA farm soon.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by IykeD1(m): 12:20am On Apr 24, 2007
Could this be a taste of things to come? Please lets sheath the swords and work
towards a better Nigeria. . .

http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=44&a=25354
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 9ja4eva: 12:28am On Apr 24, 2007
Looks good for the police force but what happens to EFCC?Yar Adua might be a big revelation after handing over.Lets see what happens
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by samsilo(m): 1:00am On Apr 24, 2007
I have discussed this election result with many people and the conclusion almost all the time has been the same.The electoral process has been compromised definitely, but knowing Nigeria it is not only one party that does this.Also with good reasons setting sentiments aside Yar'adua is the best man for President.
Pat Utomi would be the ideal candidate but not in real life Nigeria.We need a disciplined and if not totally uncorrupt ,at least
sincere , modest ,focused and determined president to heal the wounds Obasanjo and his henchmen have unleashed on the minds of Nigerians. If you take note there has not been much criticism of the person of Yar'adua, rather it has been about the mechanism and method of his emergence both at the primaries and these elections.
I strongly believe he will surprise Nigerians and serve a purpose in our history, just like Obasanjo who since 1999 has helped to make the possibility of military rule in Nigeria far fetched
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 9ja4eva: 1:02am On Apr 24, 2007
Till he proves us wrong i dont see him as credible.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by babadee(m): 1:39am On Apr 24, 2007
was there any other possible outcome to this elections? hell no!!!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by nigeria1: 2:34am On Apr 24, 2007
NigeriaONE.com
I just read that Obasanjo is about to name Nuru ribadu new IG of police,  It would be wonderful,

On the election,  Ok , let assume they rigged it but still other candidate could not win,  Please start listing on this site why on earth nigerian would want to vote for Atiku

Two ,  also please name where in the south buhari would win, ??/

The opposition was not strong for the the PDP to loss the election, even if they present a dog, they would win,  We do not have opposition in Nigeria,

Look I called my old aunty and ask who she voted for, she said she voted for obasanjo?? Do you know most Yorubas in the rural area did not know Obasanjo was not contesting,  ,  And why would a yoruba man vote Atiku would opposite a yoruba man,  So let me quickly analysis why if they repent the voting Yar adua would still come up on top,

Take yorubaland  7 state,  at least none would vote for Atiku because of $110 million scam,  and they would not vote buhari,   remember Obasanjo is Yoruba,

So even if PDP loss 1 state , he would still have 6 state,

Now hausa 8 state without kaduna,  If buhari wins 6 state and PDP wins 2 state,
Yar adua total would be 6 +2= 8

Middle belt,  The PDP would confidently win  Benue, kogi, taraba and nassarawa and kaduna, Niger  states == 6 state,   Now PDP total is 8 + 6 == 14 state

In south south  if PDP wins only 4 of the 6 state and loss 2 state ,  PDP total would still be 14 + 4 == 18  states  , 

And in igboland if PDP loss all the state ,  PDP total would still be 18+ 0 == 18 states, 

PDP would still produce the president,   even if you bring a cat to represent them,

What to do next is if the supreme court accept the result , is get good people who are ready to build Nigeria into the govt, We have to start building our country and not tear it apart, 

what should the next economy plan,   and engineering facilties to build, 
How to will attract investment, ?/
How do we build a metroline in Lagos state to check the transport problem,
How to we make our education system better,   etc,
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by outlaws(m): 5:08am On Apr 24, 2007
cool
I didn't vote, so I aint sweating. New president, now what? Another four years of Politics and then another election and then what? The circle continues. What's the point?
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by uchetobi(f): 7:43am On Apr 24, 2007
Well. while we dint exactly vote for yaradua. He is the best candidate out of everyone that contested. Even though we dont exactly like PDP lets keep an open mind
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by egoldman(m): 7:47am On Apr 24, 2007
uchetobi:

Well. while we dint exactly vote for yaradua. He is the best candidate out of everyone that contested. Even though we don't exactly like PDP lets keep an open mind

Exactly my point .
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by con9ja: 8:17am On Apr 24, 2007
I am happy Yar'adua won and i believe he'll perform and surprise nigerians, he just needs to make sure he surrounds himself with the right people.

On INEC, i don't understand why we are expecting a perfect electoral body from an imperfect system, we seem to forget that the people that make up INEC are actually nigerians so what do you expect,
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by pisces20: 8:44am On Apr 24, 2007
@ topic
i knew it angry angry
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by zexyworm: 8:45am On Apr 24, 2007
[size=15pt]The million dollar que$tion:[/size]

[size=15pt]Will Yar'Adua go after those crooks who put him in power?[/size]

Yes people, I'm referring to the likes of Odili, Uba, etc. who were there at his global press conference, opening champagne bottles!!

I personally doubt it, But let's see if Yar'Adua has balls.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by oluite(f): 8:50am On Apr 24, 2007
@ topic
he's d most credible.dont like his party though!
@uchetobi n egoldman
exactly what i think
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by beeola5(f): 9:27am On Apr 24, 2007
I personally dont know why you all sound surprised not after the outcome of the gubernatorial.When there is power,everything becomes a do or die affair.I believe the blind must have forseen the results.The only good thing about the appointment is that he seems to be the only person with a clean past and at least a good enough reputation among the strong contestants,so let's just pray and hope he performs.If i were to be granted my wish,i would have been the happiest if Donald Duke had won the PDP primaries and then you know, or would have wished that Pat Utomi had enough power and influence to get there but all these are just a bunch of IFs.So basically,i'm happy Obasanjo is neither handing over to fraudulent Atiku (did i hear you call them birds of a feather) nor to a little too mean Buhari (you know what i mean). Lets just hope nobody has to take a cup of tea or eat forbidden apple anymore in a stance to setting things right or covering an obvious truth in the politics of the nation anymore.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Elgaxton(m): 9:51am On Apr 24, 2007
I'm surprised u guyz are surprised,

People should know that Y'aradua is credible enough, just that nobody wants anything to do with OBJ(PDP), that's just

the groove, Yaradua has no shaking @ all!, Seun how far now?
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by docokwy(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2007
OGUN: Ballot snatcher dies 7 days after election
Daud Olatunji, Abeokuta - 24.04.2007

http://www.tribune.com.ng/24042007/news/news12.html

A suspected political thug, popularly called Aja-gunmale, who allegedly led a gang to snatch ballot boxes in Abeokuta South Local Government Area during April governorship and House of Assembly elections, died seven days after the election and was buried by his colleaques amidst gun shots

The news of his death which came as a surprise to the people in Abeokuta on Friday evening owing to his display of super power which he reportedly used to terrorized people in the area.

Nigerian Tribune who witnessed his burial on Friday accounted that the deceased who was accused of leading the team to steal some ballot boxes during governorship and House of Assembly elections was honoured with sporadic gun shots in the air by his ncolleaques.

Speaking with Nigerian Tribune one of his neighbours who pleaded anonymity said the deceased had become a dreaded to the people in the area saying that every early mourning he released gun shot in the air to wake people in the area.

He also disclosed that the deceased who was believed to be working for a prominent political party in the state distributed dangerous weapons early in the mourning of the elections.

Nigerian Tribune however gathered that the deceased fell sick the second day of the governorship election which the symptom was described as spiritual before giving to thje ghost on Friday.

It was also learnt that his death has sent a spine to the bone of some of the perpetrators of the act on Saturday because the deceased was believed to have possesd super power.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by GNature(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2007
   Yar'Adua's Record as Katsina State Governor - Reuters 

KATSINA, Nigeria (Reuters) - The poor farmers, camel herders and market traders of far northern Katsina state give their governor credit for new roads and schools but few are so impressed that they want him to be Nigeria's next president.

Umaru Yar'Adua, who is little-known beyond the remote expanse of semi-desert he has governed for almost eight years, emerged as the ruling party's presidential candidate last month.
   This makes him the front runner to succeed President Olusegun Obasanjo at the helm of Africa's most populous country and biggest oil producer after elections in April.

Back home in Katsina, there is little enthusiasm.
   "He has tried. But in my village we still have no water and no power," said Dalha Tasiu, a subsistence farmer, as he loaded jerrycans of brown water from a stagnant reservoir onto an ox-drawn cart. He was taking the water home for drinking.

Asked who he would vote for in April, Tasiu did not hesitate: "Buhari," he said.
   Muhammadu Buhari, a former army dictator who is also from Katsina, is a top opposition candidate. It was much easier to find Buhari supporters than people who would vote for Yar'Adua.

Elders say this is partly because the governor is reclusive.
    "He has kept to himself. People complain that they don't know him, they don't see him. He is not accessible,"
said Ibrahim Coomasie, a respected state elder who knows Yar'Adua.

Many Nigerians are convinced Obasanjo backed the discreet Katsina governor so he could continue to pull the strings after the elections, but Yar'Adua's supporters and critics in his home state agreed that he would be no puppet.
   Opponents called him headstrong while loyalists preferred the word resolute. Civil servants said he was a micro-manager who had ultimate control over what went on in every department.

Born in 1951, Yar'Adua comes from a famous political family.
   His father was a minister in the first government after independence and his older brother was number two in Obasanjo's military regime in the late 1970s. Umaru Yar'Adua was a chemistry teacher until he went into business, then politics, in the 1980s.

MIXED PICTURE

Katsina is a traditional, Muslim state and one of the poorest in Nigeria. Farmers grow millet, sorghum, or beans in tiny plots dotted around the flat, barren landscape. They live in mud-brick villages, mostly without electricity or water.
   More than a quarter of children die before their fifth birthday, according to the state's statistics from 2004.

Against this backdrop, Yar'Adua's record as governor offers a mixed picture. Everyone agrees he has built new roads and added much-needed classrooms to many schools, but critics say his administration has been disappointing in other key areas.

Yar'Adua says food security is a priority for Nigeria, but his government has not delivered it to Katsina. In 2005, foreign aid workers fed thousands of severely malnourished children in emergency camps in Katsina for months during a food crisis.

Almost no irrigation projects have come to fruition, while potable water remains in short supply. Even in the state capital, the taps run dry daily and residents rely on young boys who push carts loaded with jerrycans of water from boreholes.

The Jibiya dam and reservoir were built more than 15 years ago but not a drop of water flows through the network of cement irrigation canals because there is no fuel to run the pumps.

State government officials said the dam was a federal project and therefore it was not up to them to deal with it. But local farmers said the state government should have stepped in.

VALUE FOR MONEY?

Katsina's budget grew during Yar'Adua's time, as did other state budgets, thanks to high oil prices that boosted Nigeria's export revenues. The state's projected spending in 2006 was 41.3 billion naira ($322 million), 30 percent more than in 2005.

Yar'Adua's opponents said there was not enough to show for the money spent for eight years and the priorities were wrong.

The state government headquarters, a sprawling complex of air-conditioned offices powered by generators, is the most expensive project completed by the administration to date.

The total cost was $29 million, of which $17 million was contracted to Lodigiani, a company chaired by a cousin of Yar'Adua
. The top civil servant in the state ministry of works -- also a cousin of the governor -- said the contract was signed before Yar'Adua's time and he just revived it when in office.

State house of assembly members complained the government had never presented audited accounts as required by law. The state finance commissioner said these would be ready soon.

The general hospital in the state capital boasts a new dialysis unit, but health workers questioned whether this was a priority in a state facing acute problems in basic healthcare.
   They said the addition was perhaps connected to Yar'Adua's own health. He suffered from a severe kidney condition a few years ago although friends say he has recovered.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Mosetra(f): 10:21am On Apr 24, 2007
Fellow nairalanders, i think for once Nigerians should accept the results of the polls and the emergence of Umaru Musa Yar' Adua in good faith. The electoral process was flawed in many ways no doubt. But then, i know a lot of you agree that he is the best man for the job. In the interest of peace, development and sustainability of our very fragile democracy, let us think of how to forge ahead inspite of the numerous social problems we have rather than always joining some very selfish politicians to run down Nigeria by asking for the cancellation of the entire exercise.

One thing that has not ceased to beat my imagination is why people will fight with all they've got to ensure the death of the third term and yet be calling for the cancellation of the elections which can only lead to either the continuation of this present administration or installation of an interim government. Can Nigerians begin to learn to think straight? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase! shocked
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by McKren(m): 10:28am On Apr 24, 2007
One thing that has not ceased to beat my imagination is why people will fight with all they've got to ensure the death of the third term and yet be calling for the cancellation of the elections which can only lead to either the continuation of this present administration or installation of an interim government. Can Nigerians begin to learn to think straight? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase

u could not have said it better
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by londoner: 10:40am On Apr 24, 2007
I dont kniow much about the candidate, but from people here, it sounds like the lesser of the three evils won, the process was not ideal I mean using intimidation/voter exclusion etc is not a good sign at all, but I have seen dirty tricks even in America. If the other two candidates were people we know before and know them to be against national interest, Yar Adua may be the silver lining in the still dark cloud. I hope this administration will deliver what they should to the people and I hope that if they fail, the people will have the sense of responsibility to vote them out.

It is actually the voter who delivers democracy, not the president.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 9ja4eva: 10:52am On Apr 24, 2007
zexyworm:

[size=15pt]The million dollar que$tion:[/size]

[size=15pt]Will Yar'Adua go after those crooks who put him in power?[/size]

Yes people, I'm referring to the likes of Odili, Uba, etc. who were there at his global press conference, opening champagne bottles!!

I personally doubt it, But let's see if Yar'Adua has balls.

He shld do it oh.Lets c.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by opuro(m): 11:30am On Apr 24, 2007
Gnature and 50kobo why must BBC confirrm it b4 u believe it ,when NTA the largest network in africa has confirmed it. And what is shorking about Yaraduas victory? TO ME HE DESERVED IT.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Okeamu1(m): 11:44am On Apr 24, 2007
OBJ trusted atiku and now he can see the challenge atiku has against him, I wont be surprise if yardua turns against OBJ due to pressure, This hausa men, little is really know about them in nigeria. they r not loud mouth like the igbos and yorubas, they have one hearth and can easily give their life just like the talebans. , My only fear on Yardua is imposing some religious ethics to the whole nigeria.

Even though he may not want to do this, out of pressure from north, he might be tempted to do this. Hausa muslism are very commited and i wont doubt seeing this in his administration
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by opuro(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2007
Gnature and 50kobo why must BBC confirrm it b4 u believe it ,when MTA the largest network in africa has confirmed it. And what is shorking about Yaraduas victory? TO ME HE DESERVED IT.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by GNature(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2007
opuro

I don't have access to NTA here, that's why wink
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 9ja4eva: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2007
Oke_amu:

OBJ trusted atiku and now he can see the challenge atiku has against him, I wont be surprise if yardua turns against OBJ due to pressure, This hausa men, little is really know about them in nigeria. they r not loud mouth like the igbos and yorubas, they have one hearth and can easily give their life just like the talebans. , My only fear on Yardua is imposing some religious ethics to the whole nigeria.

Even though he may not want to do this, out of pressure from north, he might be tempted to do this. Hausa muslism are very commited and i wont doubt seeing this in his administration

Yu r right.We jst hope he uses all his tricks positively.I cnt wait to see him turn against Obasanjo
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Jakumo(m): 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2007
Hey Golibe, what is the point of your post ? Is Buhari about to release a reprise of B.B. King's blues standard entitled

" If it wasn't for bought votes, I wouldn't have no votes at all ", featuring blistering instrumental solos by the legendary " Light Finger" maestro himself, Atiku "Guitar-Watson ".
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 9ja4eva: 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2007
lmao.Abeg no use laf finish me.He was jst advertising
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by egoldman(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2007
Mr. Golibe:

Hello people! Checkout the latest NIGERIAN MUSIC DOWNLOAD WEBSITE.
This is designed to sell Nigerian music on the Internet to Nigerian music fans in Diaspora,
and also to other Naija music FANS abroad.
Take care advantage of this opportunity to sell yourself to the world with out hassles.
show da world who u really are!!!

Visit: www.golibe.com

You might as well tell any body who ought to know about this!!!

Which kain nonsense be this ? Dont you know how to navigate through the forum to the appropriate section ? commot here jare angry angry angry
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by KAYTOBEI: 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2007
The greatest and most stinking legacy Obasanjo is leaving behind is the 2007 elections. A total manifestation of a madness groomed and nurtured for 8 years. I just wonder if Yar'Adua has a consciense embedded in that calm and collected look of his. He is a pious man, no doubt, but how can peity dwell among ugly-looking vultures and hyenas, I wonder! Albright of the National Democratic Institute declared the elections as the worst in the world, a world which includes the Democratic Republic of Congo where elections were held relatively fair even at the point of a rebel's gun. Ondo was a robbery, Edo was a disaster, Ekiti an eyesore, infact the whole country boiled silently as oppression and intimidation danced on our national stage. Obasanjo claims not to be corrupt, but he has just proved that an incorruptible man can rig elections, intimidate the electorate, impose a puppet on the country, dine with Adedibu, clink glasses with a rogue known as Anenih, and smile in fulfillment of a personal agenda achieved in a chaotic environment. Wole Soyinka once said that The man dies in every man who keeps quiet in the face of tyranny. I think this quote needs to be narrowed to a particular animal called man - Obasanjo. The man in him is dead, so is his rest. I hail this forum. It's my first time, I hope my contribution is gud enough to be welcomed as a new member.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okupe Condemns Opposition Governors’ Visit To Maiduguri / Kashamu To Distribute Rams, Motorcycles In Ogun / Biafra - Proposed Plan Nnamdi Kanu Has For All Ethnic Nations In Biafraland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.