Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu (23392 Views)

Apostle Suleman: IGP Didn’t Order Probe On Me / Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument / Victor Uwajeh: US War College Confirms Buhari Didn’t Submit Any Credentials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Tenny93: 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Monday said that President Muhammadu Buhari never ordered security agencies to shoot Nigerians summarily.

Speaking with journalists in Abuja at the end of the APC caucus meeting, he said, that the President was misinterpreted.

He said that the President at the meeting only reinforced that those involved in ballot box snatching will be doing it at the risk of their life.

He said “I was in that meeting; the president was just reinforcing the fact that if you are out there snatching ballot boxes, and causing destructions, you are at risk of your own life. Whatever happens to you; no president will give an order that his own citizens should be shot summarily, No! No, its okay, emotions are running high these days. Any individual including myself can be misinterpreted.

“These are not his words; he is a law abiding person and he understands categorically and clearly what rule of law is and the lives of individual citizens that he is in that office to protect. Now, let me run this; he has been fighting Book Haram, kidnappers and all these before this election, did you hear him asking them to be shot and executed summarily?”

He said; “By law we should continue to energise our people; it depends on our resources. Because the Electoral Act allows us to do that; and ask led us to stop campaigning only 24 hours before the actual election. And once you changed the date to Feb. 23, you have given us the opening to campaign and energise.

“If you a garden and you don’t nourish with water, the grass will remain dormant; we don’t want our party to remain dormant.

“This is ability of leadership to convert adversity to opportunity and prosperity and that’s it; that’s what we must do,” he said.

Asked if the postponement has cast doubt on the credibility of INEC, he said “It depends on how it is handled and the process. How the process is managed; you can convert a crisis–a situation of adversity to an opportunity and progress.

“The INEC, under the law, they are empowered to postpone, cancel and do whatever is necessary to ensure free and fair election. No party other the anger, the disappointment, no party can reverse that. So, we are ready for Feb. 23,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-didnt-order-nigerians-to-be-shot-summarily-tinubu/amp/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Stealthwaterz(m): 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2019
Aha Before?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2019
I hope Buhari concedes defeat peacefully this Saturday

And if he doesn't , We put him on a date with the ICC .

Nigeria must be great again .

150 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Kwamecron(m): 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
I don hear

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Lagosbynature: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
Okay who did? Buhari is exhibiting strange anti-democracy signs.
Dear Inec and Buhari, don't you dare rig 2019 Elections - Sowore reacts to postponement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by hisexcellency34: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
c
Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by freemanbubble: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
Okay

He pain me say i nor go fit vote that day

Na alhaji Atiku aguero Abubakar straight

But anyhow sha make i enjoy the work of an apo 2 when them choose me to do

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by hisexcellency34: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
This froggie sha. He will defend Buhari even if he sleeps with his wife all because of 2023

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by TheFreeOne: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
Tinubu is just trying to cover up for Buhari.

IMO i won't shed tears for anyone who allows himself be used to snatch ballot boxes and get killed.

Moreover Nigerians aren't surprised of such order from a president under whose leadership bloodletting has become a norm.

33 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by uzhofficial: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
Don't worry 4 more days.
Ironic 4+0=Daura

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by olujastro: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
I trust the media to twist that comment enough to maximise political capital out of it. PMB simply said any thug willing to engage in snatching ballot boxes on Saturday must be willing to do it at the risk of losing his life.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by SouthSouth1914: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
From one lie to another!! APC your days are numbered like the fingers on our hands...

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
Buhari is a killer and a monster

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by MadeInTokyo: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
grin grin grin
Thief-nubu liar

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Yopcity: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
Buhari is always associated with blood-shed, how this blood sucking demon became nigeria's president in 21st century still amazes me.

O God who did we offend ?

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by asawanathegreat(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
Naija must move forward

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by maclatunji: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
In any part of the world, you are liable to be shot when trying to run away with an electoral machine. Ask the police in America.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by GistkitNG: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
Am tired of this country self grin

See Also:

73-year-old Politician Marries 25-year-old Pretty Lady

https://www.gistkit.com/naija-news/73-year-old-politician-marries-25-year-old-pretty-lady/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by davodyguy: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
I hope Buhari concedes defeat peacefully this Saturday

And if he doesn't , We put him on a date with the ICC .

Nigeria must be great again .
He can't lose

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
if anyone gets shot

it will be the dollard and his family

nonsense and ingredient undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
In a leaked audio few years ago. Wike told ayodele fayoshe to kill anybody he can kill... But bubu is not a wicked man.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Effiongdbest: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
Nigerians have looked back these 4 years and what we have seen is only total darkness and misery. Life has been so miserable within just 4 years of only one man Buhari, is it the herdsmen killings, bokoharam killings, disunity, nepotism, python dance on armless protesters, Shitte Muslims killings, Poverty capital of the world, what have we not seen withing just 4 years of this man Buhari, what??.

Anyone thinking of voting Buhari again may all these calamity listed above follow your immediate family from generation to generation, non shall escape it till eternity. Amen

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by SenatorJnr02: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
Buhari said Abacha was not a looter but Atiku.
After sometime, he asked us to come for trader's moni.
We asked for the source and he said it was the money recovered from Abacha. We asked for the one recovered from Atiku. No answer. Since the definition of looting has changed, one day we will recover money from none looter like Mamman Daura, Abba Kyari, Tinubu, Oshiomole, and Ganduje.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by davodyguy: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
GistkitNG:
Am tired of this country self grin

See Also:

73-year-old Politician Marries 25-year-old Pretty Lady

https://www.gistkit.com/naija-news/73-year-old-politician-marries-25-year-old-pretty-lady/
Atiku?
Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by HaryoBamex(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
If u like don't send, you are going back to daura
Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by davodyguy: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
asawanathegreat:
Naija must move forward
to the next level

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by DMerciful(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
Like body bag .....Like Bubu

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Valfrankie(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
Buhari is a known Murderer. Bloodshed means nothing to him

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Bryan88(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
dats a fat lie...Buhari ordered them to kill summerily...Buhari is a murderer.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by Yinxies(f): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2019
maclatunji:
In any part of the world, you are liable to be shot when trying to run away with an electoral machine. Ask the police in America.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu by osazeeblue01: 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2019
Oral B is talking nonsense.
APC never again will they rule Nigerians.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari / APC Presidential Primary: Dimeji Bankole Steps Down, Supports Tinubu / Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.