Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity (89882 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by Empiree: 4:56am On Apr 25, 2021
GreatThings:

Okay Thank Jesus its Friday.

"knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation" 2 Peter 1:20 - If you did the research you will see translations that said No prophecy in the scripture comes from a prophets own interpretation, it means a prophet cannot interpret his own prophecy and write it as scripture, he has to give the prophecy as he received it from God.

If you read the whole chapter Peter was talking to people who were doubting the second coming of Jesus Christ. He was saying that the prophecies about the second coming that he and the prophets in the old testament gave were directly from God without them adding their own interpretation to it.
Don't worry, the vatican has given up on his return. He's dead. Your Bible I quoted confirmed he's dead. Whether he's coming back or not is irrelevant. What's relevant is what you believe about him. From some ISLAMIC literature that claims his return, his return is not in favor of christianity or christian. Hadith tells us that he's coming back to break the cross.

Breaking cross is symbolic which means Jesus will return to debunk Christianity. But we really don't need that because Quran already told us Christianity is not religion from God nor religion of Jesus.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you(muslims) as a just ruler, he will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the Jizya tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts).

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 2476
In-book reference : Book 46, Hadith 37
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 3, Book 43, Hadith 656

Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by Empiree: 5:08am On Apr 25, 2021
GreatThings:
In the bible there are themes. Another place where Personal interpretation was clearly stated was with Paul:
15 But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace. Then it pleased him 16 to reveal his Son to me[e] so that I would proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles.

When this happened, I did not rush out to consult with any human being.[f] 17 Nor did I go up to Jerusalem to consult with those who were apostles before I was. Instead, I went away into Arabia, and later I returned to the city of Damascus.

18 Then three years later I went to Jerusalem to get to know Peter,[g] and I stayed with him for fifteen days. 19 The only other apostle I met at that time was James, the Lord’s brother. 20 I declare before God that what I am writing to you is not a lie.

21 After that visit I went north into the provinces of Syria and Cilicia. 22 And still the churches in Christ that are in Judea didn’t know me personally. 23 All they knew was that people were saying, “The one who used to persecute us is now preaching the very faith he tried to destroy!” 24 And they praised God because of me.

26 I am writing these things to warn you about those who want to lead you astray. 27 But you have received the Holy Spirit,[a] and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit[b] teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ. - 1 John 2;:26 - 28

I can give so many other examples.

For the last part. Islam you people believe you are like slaves or something in your religion.
In the bible YES We are made in the likeness of God.
The bible says we are a Royal Priesthood, a holy nation. Every Christian is in every present moment seated with God in high places.

Jesus is the firstborn back from the dead. Guess why Jesus is called the firstborn, every other person who believes in Jesus gets raised with him. This is what Paul was talking about in the scripture you quoted about resurrection ( I can go into more detail in that if you like) that the power in resurrection is what gives us hope as Christian of life beyond this world. So we have many second, third fifth, 1 million borns. And in accordance with the human nature of God we are elevated in the spiritual hierarchy by faith.

In the bible human beings are higher than the angels. Angels are to minister to human beings and carry out the will of God.

Lastly Catholics do not claim the extra books are inspired. They are called Aprophycal books, they preserve history and show good morals. The living God is firmly in charge of his church and the books he wants everyone to read.

I hope this help you.
It is sad your believe and quoted Mr. Paul. Paul that admitted he's a liar.

"Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?". Romans 3:7

This verse smoove proves that churches are fool by deception. I'm smithery verse, Paul was a chameleon.

1 Corinthians 9:20,

"To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law."

If he was written drunkard he was also drunk. I got more lies of self acclaimed "Apostle Paul"
Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by GreatThings: 6:21am On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by GreatThings: 6:39am On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by GreatThings: 7:16am On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by MadamExcellency: 7:31am On Apr 25, 2021
Empiree:
It is sad your believe and quoted Mr. Paul. Paul that admitted he's a liar.

"Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?". Romans 3:7

This verse smoove proves that churches are fool by deception. I'm smithery verse, Paul was a chameleon.

1 Corinthians 9:20,

"To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law."

If he was written drunkard he was also drunk. I got more lies of self acclaimed "Apostle Paul"

Stop misinterpreting the Bible by injecting your confirmatory bias.

The quotation you referred was not a personalized statement of Paul's life. The statement began with "if" from the Bible version you used but on the contrary it's a general question alluding to inescapability of anyone from judgement by justifying oneself.

Let see the Bible reference you quoted from Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Since your lies bring great honor to God by showing how truthful he is, you may ask why God still says you are a sinner. You might as well say, “Let's do something evil, so that something good will come of it!” Some people even claim that we are saying this. But God is fair and will judge them as well. What does all this mean? Does it mean that we Jews are better off than the Gentiles? No, it doesn't! Jews, as well as Gentiles, are ruled by sin, just as I have said.
Romans 3:7‭-‬9 CEV
https://bible.com/bible/392/rom.3.7-9.CEV
Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by Empiree: 9:26am On Apr 25, 2021
MadamExcellency:

The quotation you referred was not a personalized statement of Paul's life. The statement began with "if" from the Bible version you used but on the contrary it's a general question alluding to inescapability of anyone from judgement by justifying oneself.

Since your lies bring great honor to God by showing how truthful he is, you may ask why God still says you are a sinner. You might as well say, “Let's do something evil, so that something good will come of it!” Some people even claim that we are saying this. But God is fair and will judge them as well. What does all this mean? Does it mean that we Jews are better off than the Gentiles? No, it doesn't! Jews, as well as Gentiles, are ruled by sin, just as I have said.
Is it not obvious that, clearly your Bible have contradictory versions?. You carefully chose CEV version... The only version that contradicted all other versions?. Kind James Bible is the most revered version of the bible and it quoted the similar as NIV I quoted earlier. So why accused me of twisting your Bible when, is fact, it is how it is translated there. Paul lied throughout his evangelism to promote his religion. This tactical lies is what today's christian evangelists use as well to bring people to church. That's, as long as church is full they don't care of the consequences.

Typical example was when we were in primary school. Teachers would tell us that muhammad is evil. That Muhammad doesn't like children of God and Muhammad can not give food to children.

To prove their point, during morning devotion they would tell us to pray in Muhammad's name to bring food(unfortunately Muslims don't pray in Muhammad's name) WITHOUT closing our eyes. We obeyed and teachers led the prayers. After several mins no food showed up. They said "you see, muhammad doesn't like children". They now tell us to close our eyes and pray in Jesus name. We did and prayed in Jesus name. While we CLOSED our eyes, they deligently put food they already prepared on our tables and asked us to open our eyes. By the time we opened our eyes we find food on our tables and everyone shouted "haàaaaaalelluyah", "thank you Jesus" They planted hatred of Islam in our heart. Awon werey. But many of us were not stupid. We knew their tricks. Here i am today as muslims. Christianity is filled with lies and manipulation.

It is called evangelism by lies

Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by Empiree: 9:38am On Apr 25, 2021
GreatThings:

I guess we have moved again.

I am impressed tho most people usually talk from the old testament because the new testament can really only be explained by the holy spirit.

So either you are copying this from somewhere or you genuinely tried to understand and could not.

THE BIBLE IS ONE STORY NOT A SET OF INSTRUCTIONS. PAUL IS WRITING A LETTER NOT TO YOU BUT TO THE CHURCH IN ROME.

So Bible is series of Paul's letter. If his letter was directed to church in Rome, how does this concern you a Nigerian?. It means Paul's religion (Christianity) is for Rome not africans. You are African practicing wrong religion. Your religion is ISLAM. Stop wasting your precious time.
Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by Empiree: 9:59am On Apr 25, 2021
GreatThings:

I actually want to be careful with answering this because you already have a position in mind.

If you had the old covenant books that you said earlier that you are trying to keep, you would know about the second coming prophesied in Daniel but I guess you don't. - Daniel 7:13;

The website is fake. The name is fake. Somebody is lying to you and you are letting the person.

I think an easy place to understand the bible is the old testament, even I could read it as a child to show how straightforward it is. You should start there to understand the Abrahamic faith.
There are 39 books, and you get to meet the original Jews, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob. Their sons, the tribes of Israel. I think what you have been getting is summary with personal interpretations imposed on, which as you just saw in the verse we went over is not recommended.
what I like most about you is that you consistently acknowledge old testament. I like that because unlike many of your fellow christians, they always run away from old testament bcuz it doesn't suit them. If I start with Old Testament now I hope you don't get to run away from it too?. Truly, old testament is original religious practices are. New testament is counterfeit by Paul. Paul changed religion of Jesus (Islam) to his own religion (Christianity). Evidence of this is located in your Bible

"Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God," ◄ Romans 3:7 ►

So you can see Paul changed Jesus doctrines.

✓ He's the one that cancelled Old laws and religion.

✓ He's the one that came up with the idea of "Jesus is lord and saviour". Jesus didn't say this.

✓Paul is the one that brought Christianity. He was a lawyer from Europe and travelled from Rome to middle east. He gathered information about Jesus to form his own religion.

✓ It was Paul who tells you to eat pork but old testament forbids consumption of pork.

✓ It was Paul who said you should not circumcise but in the old testament all prophets including Jesus circumcized.

✓ It was Paul that came up with the idea of "blood of jesus", "Jesus died for your sin".

✓ It was Paul who came up with praying in Jesus name. But Jesus already taught you how to pray. In thy lord's prayer, Jesus taught you to pray in the name of God but Paul said you should pray in Jesus name.

✓ Paul brought trinity not Jesus

All these and more are fake news from Paul. To prove my point, that Paul came up with Christianity, show me in the bible where Bible mentioned "Bible"?. Show me where Bible mentioned Christianity?. Depending on your responses, I will start showing you Islam in the Old testament.

Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by Empiree: 10:04am On Apr 25, 2021
GreatThings:

Lool, Got you with info you didnt know? Hahaha

I saw you go into extensive detail on this your position on banks on some post somewhere else on nairaland.

Cant find it so I thought I would reply here.

Anyway keep up the online therapy, its good to let it all out.
oh okay. Good to know you were able to read my archive. Yes, yellow there are so called ISLAMIC banking that take interest from back door. I have nothing to do with those. But then, they are still better in terms of interest
Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by GreatThings: 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
MadamExcellency:

You didnt even read my answer. I forgot you guys dont value knowledge of God in islam, just correct rules and regulations.

I will keep my replies short so you can understand it. First of all I used NLT, I mostly have used NLT throughout our conversation and you said CEV, you could not tell, so whatever point you were trying to make forget it. Maybe you should call some of your brothers over, it looks like you need some help.

7 “But,” someone might still argue, “how can God condemn me as a sinner if my dishonesty highlights his truthfulness and brings him more glory?” 8 And some people even slander us by claiming that we say, “The more we sin, the better it is!” Those who say such things deserve to be condemned.

Whoever is indoctrinating you has jam me. I have your time.

Read it in as many versions as you want Romans 3:8 it says the same thing people who say such things deserve to be condemned.

I am going to reply in one place, it looks like you cant keep track of everything.

I don't know what Primary school you went to but pele e. You are grown now do better for the next generation.

Nobody runs away from the old testament, its literally 2/3rds of the bible. ~40 out of ~66 books. Christians don't run away from it, don't deceive yourself.

Are you aware that Islam was brought by war to Nigeria in the 11th century. Okay lets ignore this your own religion that you refuse to confront. If you are not goin to confront it, I will leave you be.

Next, Again if you had the old testament, you literally have incomplete knowledge you would know that God made a convenant with ABRAHAM, a Jew. The only way to include everyone else in that convenant was through Jesus. Hence unless you become a born again Christian and include yourself in the covenant. Fam God's children are talking. Paul was talking to the church in Rome but ALL SCRIPTURE IS FOR BENEFICAL FOR.

Ehn, Ehn now we are entering normal muslim talking points of attacking Paul. You forget that Peter also wrote the new testament, James, Jude, Four witnesses, Mathew, Mark, Luke and John , claiming the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I really don't know why you guys attack only Paul. Lets say you dont agree with Paul, what of the others? They are literally all saying the same thing.

Peter on the blood of Jesus - 1 Peter 1:19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or spot.
Peter was literally the first person to deem that unclean foods had been made clean with his vision when he went to see Cornelius.

I can literally go on forever with other disciples

We went over the trinity already without any mention of Paul's letters please keep track.

It can be hard to let go of something that is a big part of your life, I am experiencing something similar now but God is greater than it all, even our past experiences. And since ultimately our life is to give praise to him, He will keep in perfect peace those who trust in him. Chase God's peace, trust God, he will never let you down, for all Christians all over the world to say GOD had never failed me. God will never fail you. If you have anything for me to pray for you let me know. God will answer.

[img]pic.JPG[/img]

Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by MadamExcellency: 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
Empiree:
Is it not obvious that, clearly your Bible have contradictory versions?. You carefully chose CEV version... The only version that contradicted all other versions?. Kind James Bible is the most revered version of the bible and it quoted the similar as NIV I quoted earlier. So why accused me of twisting your Bible when, is fact, it is how it is translated there. Paul lied throughout his evangelism to promote his religion. This tactical lies is what today's christian evangelists use as well to bring people to church. That's, as long as church is full they don't care of the consequences.

Typical example was when we were in primary school. Teachers would tell us that muhammad is evil. That Muhammad doesn't like children of God and Muhammad can not give food to children.

To prove their point, during morning devotion they would tell us to pray in Muhammad's name to bring food(unfortunately Muslims don't pray in Muhammad's name) WITHOUT closing our eyes. We obeyed and teachers led the prayers. After several mins no food showed up. They said "you see, muhammad doesn't like children". They now tell us to close our eyes and pray in Jesus name. We did and prayed in Jesus name. While we CLOSED our eyes, they deligently put food they already prepared on our tables and asked us to open our eyes. By the time we opened our eyes we find food on our tables and everyone shouted "haàaaaaalelluyah", "thank you Jesus" They planted hatred of Islam in our heart. Awon werey. But many of us were not stupid. We knew their tricks. Here i am today as muslims. Christianity is filled with lies and manipulation.

It is called evangelism by lies

I am not here to argue with you because the bible warns us not to unless it leads you to salvation and eternal life.

Bible passages are written in context. Losing the context makes the discussion meaningless. I am not interested in religion or religious differences rather freedom from sin, elimination of corruption and getting Holiness without which no man will see God

Back to your misinformation.

3:5-7. Paul put another argument on the lips of an imaginary opponent, a rhetorical device called “diatribe” (v. 5; for other examples of diatribe, see e.g., 2:3; 3:1; 6:1-2, 15; 9:19; 11:1, 11): “My unrighteousness (moral corruption) demonstrates just how morally excellent and virtuous God really is. Therefore, a person might object that since my sinfulness does God a favor by making Him look so good, He is not unjust or unfair (the likely meaning of unrighteous in this phrase), and therefore will not condemn me!” However, if a Jewish person could use this argument, so could a Gentile, for their lives were arguably more corrupt, and could make God look better still. Therefore, it would be unfair of God to judge Gentiles (the world, v. 6). But the Jewish people relished the prospect of God judging the Gentile world (e.g., Sir 36:1-10), and would not have conceded this point to Paul.

3:8. Some accused Paul of teaching that one should sin more to give God a chance to bring greater glory to Himself by providing more grace to counteract it. See the comments related to this in 5:20-6:2. But this is a misrepresentation of Paul’s views, and any Jewish antagonists who assigned this belief to Paul deserved the condemnation they received.

3:7 OBJECTOR: But if my sin brings glory to God, if my lie vindicates His truth, if He causes man’s wrath to praise Him, then how can He consistently find fault with me as a sinner?

3:8 Why wouldn’t it be logical to say-

PAUL: Let me interrupt to say that some people actually accuse us Christians of using this argument, but it is a slander.

OBJECTOR: Why wouldn’t it be logical to say, “Let us do evil, that good may come”?

PAUL: All I can say is that the condemnation of people who talk like that is well-deserved.

(Actually this last argument, stupid as it seems, is constantly leveled against the gospel of the grace of God. People say, “If you could be saved just by faith in Christ, then you could go out and live in sin. Since God’s grace superabounds over man’s sin, then the more you sin, the more His grace abounds.” The apostle answers this objection in chapter 6.)

3:9 OBJECTOR: Are you saying, then, that we Jews are better than those sinful Gentiles? Or the question may be, according to some versions, “Are we Jews worse than the Gentiles?” The answer in either case is that the Jews are no better and no worse. All are sinners.

That leads up to and parallels the next question in Paul’s presentation. He has shown that the heathen are lost; the self-righteous moralists, whether Jews or Gentiles, are lost; the Jews are lost. Now he turns to the question: Are all men lost?

The answer is, “Yes, we have already charged that all people are under the power of sin.” This means that Jews are no different from Gentiles in this respect
Re: Minutes Of 2010 Meeting Chaired By Pantami To Fight Christianity by Empiree: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2021
MadamExcellency:

Bible passages are written in context. Losing the context makes the discussion meaningless. I am not interested in religion or religious differences rather freedom from sin, elimination of corruption and getting Holiness without which no man will see God
I know Christian tricks very well. When you are cornered, that's when you come up with excuses like this. I didn't invite you. It was you that decided to join the discussions and you realized it isn't easy to engage Muslims.. Therefore you look for escape route.

Anyways, next time before you jump into discussion, be prepared. If you want to eliminate sin you must start with you and your household. I don't need your epistle. I know what the bible says. If you want to prove me wrong, a simply 2-3 passage of the bible context would have sufficed instead of quoting entire passage.

I am not here to argue with you because the bible warns us not to unless it leads you to salvation and eternal life.
this is not true. You said this to escape. What Bible says is in the book of Isaiah 1:18

"Come now, and let us reason together..."

Which means Bible gives room for dialogue

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? / Shehu Sani Accepts El-Rufai's Challenge, Goes To Kaduna Market Alone (Pics) / Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.