Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,591 members, 7,770,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:35 AM

Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life (6899 Views)

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Wife Brings Fake Father To Represent PZ’S Baby Moment Winner / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by MrsSiena1(f): 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2010
A mother who nursed her premature baby back from the dead has been describing how she refused to give up even though doctors had told her he would not survive. Kate Ogg gave birth to twins in a hospital in Sydney, Australia.

They were delivered at 27 weeks, weighing just 2lb, and though Mrs Ogg's little girl Emily was healthy, her brother Jamie was not breathing.

After battling to save him for 20 minutes, medical staff told her he had not survived.

"The doctor asked me had we chosen a name for our son," said Mrs Ogg.

"I said 'Jamie' and he turned around with my son already wrapped up and said: 'We've lost Jamie, he didn't make it, sorry'.

"It was the worst feeling I've ever felt. I unwrapped Jamie from his blanket. He was very limp."

Mrs Ogg told Channel 7's Today Tonight programme that she wanted to hold him next to her skin.

"I took my gown off and arranged him on my chest with his head over my arm and just held him.

"He wasn't moving at all and we just started talking to him.

"We told him what his name was and that he had a sister. We told him the things we wanted to do with him throughout his life."

After two hours, he began showing signs of life.

"Jamie occasionally gasped for air, which doctors said was a reflex action," Mrs Ogg explained.

"But then I felt him move as if he were startled, then he started gasping more and more regularly. I gave Jamie some breast milk on my finger, he took it and started regular breathing normally."

"I thought 'Oh my God, what's going on?' A short time later he opened his eyes. It was a miracle.

"Then he held out his hand and grabbed my finger. He opened his eyes and moved his head from side to side. The doctor kept shaking his head saying: 'I don't believe it, I don't believe it'."

It is thought that the warmth of Mrs Ogg's body acted like an incubator to keep the baby warm and stimulated.

It adds weight to the theory of "kangaroo care", named after the way marsupials care for their young in their pouches.

Some experts believe a skin-to-skin approach is more beneficial than taking newborn babies into intensive care incubators.

Jamie is now a healthy five month old.

His father David told the Channel 7 programme: "Luckily I've got a very strong, very smart wife. She instinctively did what she did. If she hadn't done that, Jamie probably wouldn't be here."
Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100827/twl-mum-s-miracle-cuddle-brings-baby-bac-3fd0ae9.html

Isn't God awesome. This story goes to show that one shouldn't give up. If you refuse to die no one will bury you.

1 Like

Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by MissyB1(m): 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2010
God is God!
Another thing that shouldn't be downplayed - Maternal Love. It's a big deal.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Outstrip(f): 1:09am On Aug 28, 2010
Truly a miracle. God is good
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Ranoscky(m): 11:32am On Aug 28, 2010
Mrs Ogg, be happy for d rest of ur miraculous lyf, for God has shown u d reason y HE is wordy of our praise!!!
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by zenatta: 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2010
(1) because nothing is impossible only believe

(2) I have shown you the power of my work so that you can inherit the heritage of the heathen

God said.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by sessy2(f): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2010
FAITH! dats all i can say. God is great.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2010
This one nor concern god. There must be a rational explanation for this.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by princeella: 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2010
Only Believe, With God all things are possible! The Level of Christian Faith in Australia in recent years is paying off. Thank God for that child.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Tudor6(f): 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2010
Rubbish. . .the baby wasnt completely dead.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for a TRULY dead man to come back to life. No one has ever risen from the dead be you Jesus or yaradua.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by horny4u(f): 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2010
The power of faith is in all of us.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by johndavid1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2010
this one take style fear me oh d tin don give me faith by force
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by jokingmary(m): 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2010
God is good
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by zenatta: 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2010
michelin89:

yes there is, " known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world": she refused to register the bad report. As far as the mother was concerned, none would be barren in the land. Pure emotion, pure force, pure violence in belief! shikena
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by naijacutee(f): 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2010
Maybe she prayed, maybe she was just cuddling her baby to say her final goodbyes - we will never know. What we know is that studies show that the quickest cure for a neonate (premature baby) suffering from hypothermia is a mothers hug - in the same way that a breastfed child is less likely to fall sick than a bottlefed child.  So yes, we are fearfully and wonderfully made. What I do not agree with is that is is as a result of Australia's "christian heritage". There are many countries with "christian heritages" where children have died at birth - what will you say about God in these situations? This lady might not even believe in God in the first place!
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by DejiYesufu(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2010
michelin89:

Nairaland is full of atheists. Someone should open a 'blog' for them.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2010
DejiYesufu:

Nairaland is full of atheists. Someone should open a 'blog' for them.

How about we open a "rehab" for you? undecided
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by maclatunji: 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2010
It is a miracle not because the baby woke up, but for the fact that the woman was inspired not to accept the doctors verdict that the baby was dead and unconsciously took steps to revive him. The formula is simple.

Doctor tries to revive child but failed. (Science)
Grieving mother by stroke of luck and divine providence revives baby. (God factor)

It is not good to throw away science, however not everything that exists can be explained or has been discovered by science. For example, no matter the extent to which science advances will there be a time in this life when people will see God. You just have to accept he is there.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by hackney(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2010
God is forever faithful sha.
(whether people like it or not)
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Smi1(m): 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2010
LOL God indeed !! please let's get serious, This follows last week's shock deaths of six premature babies and if I may ask why God didn't show up to save the poor babies ? Nigerians it's time we must act and stop counting on that imaginary God.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by oladayo042: 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2010
S@mi:

LOL God indeed !! please let's get serious, This follows last week's shock deaths of six premature babies and if I may ask why God didn't show up to save the poor babies ? Nigerians it's time we must act and stop counting on that imaginary God.
Take the shortest route to heaven and ask your questions there.

God is great.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2010
This is interesting.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by aniscoblue: 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2010
God is good,this awesome i praise GOD FOR this is a great miracle
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Fiscabally(m): 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2010
So emmtnal,happy 4 her though!
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2010
We thank God for the life of the innocent baby.

This is truly the age of miracles.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by 1104(f): 11:17pm On Aug 28, 2010
[size=14pt]GOD HAS FURTHER INCREASED THE FAITH I HAVE IN HIM TO 3000+[/size]
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by ezego3(m): 11:55pm On Aug 28, 2010
WOW. I'm impressed how nairalanders have converted this story to a Christianity miracle story where nothing in the story suggests this.

It wasn't even mentioned a single prayer was made by the woman but she just did what she had to do. Unlike these nairalanders who would have requested their pastor was called before doing anything by when the baby would have passed away.

Ignorance and stupidity is a disease that has destroyed some people to the joy of pastors (especially the chubby highflying Nigerian ones)
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Ivynwa(f): 2:39am On Aug 29, 2010
Just like I exclaimed after reading that miraculous story-----Alleluiah!

@190
Sweetheart please hold on to that 3000+ faith God just increased for you and run with it. Hoping it makes you stop philandering and being mischievious in NL. Where is your babe Omotola? Omonwa please help us ensure that that faith stays overnight at least or you can take him to a certain Holy Japhet church in the thread below so that they can do"Bamitism" on him. (laughing) grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-492875.64.html
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by pops1(m): 2:52am On Aug 29, 2010
I read this story in the metro newspaper and tears filled my eyes. There are so many things unfathomable to man; above the intelligence of science and philosophy . They are simply called miracles. God uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise.
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by salimorte(f): 8:16am On Aug 29, 2010
Isnt this just pure human science?
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Ranoscky(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2010
Oladayo

WOW!!! Your reply to S@mi is 1 of the most amazin words i'v ever heard, i love dat!!!

S@mi, u know d shortest route to heaven ryt? undecided GOOD!!! It'll be an Excitin moment n a gr8 day to share with us what God replied u after askin him dat question in heaven, so wen r we to expect d answer from u? undecided

N by d way, u said it's tym we must act, Act what? N who r we actin to? GOD? undecided Anywayz, until u com back from your heavenly journey! U'll make a succesful journey to heaven b'cos, dia's no hold up on d way. y not go today? undecided
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Tudor6(f): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2010
God is a Murderous Basterd.

Baby dies mysteriously
Saturday, July 3, 2010
The Gazette

Montreal police say they have launched an
investigation into the death of a 20-month-
old baby boy in Verdun late yesterday
afternoon.

According to Montreal police Constable
Olivier Lapointe, the child was found by his
mother in his crib shortly after 4 p.m.

Emergency responders could not revive the
baby and he was pronounced dead in a
hospital a short time later, Lapointe said.
He added that it's standard procedure to
launch an investigation in cases when a
young child dies and the cause is not
immediately apparent.

The boy's parents were being interviewed
by investigators yesterday evening, and
crime scene technicians were dispatched to
the family's home on 3rd Ave.
An autopsy will also be performed to help
determine the cause of death.
© Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

God is WICKED
Re: Mum's Miracle Cuddle Brings Baby Back To Life by Tudor6(f): 9:12am On Aug 29, 2010
Sad story.  . . . God is a blood sucking psycopath
Baby born with fatal defect dies after
removal from life support

By LEIGH HOPPER Copyright 2005 Houston
Chronicle

The baby wore a cute blue outfit with a
teddy bear covering his bottom. The 17-
pound, 6-month-old boy wiggled with eyes
open and smacked his lips, according to his
mother.

Then at 2 p.m. today, a medical staffer at
Texas Children's Hospital gently removed
the breathing tube that had kept Sun
Hudson alive since his Sept. 25 birth.
Cradled by his mother, he took a few
breaths, and died.

"I talked to him, I told him that I loved him.
Inside of me, my son is still alive," Wanda
Hudson told reporters afterward. "This
hospital was considered a miracle hospital.
When it came to my son, they gave up in six
months ,  They made a terrible mistake."
Sun's death marks the first time a hospital
has been allowed by a U.S. judge to
discontinue an infant's life-sustaining care
against a parent's wishes, according to
bioethical experts.

A similar case involving
a 68-year-old man in a chronic vegetative
state at another Houston hospital is before
a court now.
"This isn't murder. It's mercy and it's
appropriate to be merciful in that way. It's
not killing, it's stopping pointless
treatment," said William Winslade, a
bioethicist and lawyer who is a professor at
the Institute for the Medical Humanities at
the University of Texas Medical Branch at
Galveston. "It's sad this (Sun Hudson case)
dragged on for so long. It's always sad
when an infant dies. We all feel it's unfair,
that a child doesn't have a chance to
develop and thrive."

The hospital's description of Sun — that he
was motionless and sedated for comfort —
has differed sharply from the mother's.
Since February, the hospital has blocked the
media from accepting Hudson's invitation to
see the baby in the neonatal intensive care
unit, citing patient privacy concerns.
"I wanted y'all to see my son for yourself,"
Hudson told reporters. "So you could see he
was actually moving around. He was
conscious."

On Feb. 16, Harris County Probate Court
Judge William C. McCulloch made the
landmark decision to lift restrictions
preventing Texas Children's from
discontinuing care. However, an emergency
appeal by Hudson's attorney, Mario
Caballero, and a procedural error on
McCulloch's part prevented the hospital
from acting for four more weeks.

Texas law allows hospitals can discontinue
life sustaining care, even if patient family
members disagree. A doctor's
recommendation must be approved by a
hospital's ethics committee, and the family
must be given 10 days from written notice
of the decision to try and locate another
facility for the patient.
Texas Children's said it contacted 40
facilities with newborn intensive care units,
but none would accept Sun. Without legal
delays, Sun's care would have ended Nov.

Sun was born with a fatal form of dwarfism
characterized by short arms, short legs and
lungs too tiny to sustain his body, doctors
said. Nearly all babies born with the
incurable condition, often diagnosed in
utero, die shortly after birth, genetic
counselors say.

Sun was delivered full-term at St. Luke's
Episcopal Hospital, but Hudson, 33, said she
had no prenatal care during which his
condition might have been discovered. He
was put on a ventilator while doctors
figured out what was wrong with him, and
Hudson refused when doctors
recommending withdrawing treatment.
"From the time Sun was born ,  he was on
life support because his chest cavity and
lungs could not grow and develop the
capacity to support his body. He was slowly
suffocating to death," Texas Children's said
in a statement today.
Texas Children's contended that continuing
care for Sun was medically inappropriate,
prolonged suffering and violated physician
ethics. Hudson argued her son just needed
more time to grow and be weaned from the
ventilator.

We give Glory to God, he has killed again.

Over 500,000 innocent babies die every year in the U.S from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. . . . God is indeed Good!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help: Boyfriend & Girlfriend Fighting Over Intimacy. / Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? / Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.