Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo (11935 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo At Segun Awolowo's 25th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter / UNDENIABLE Greatness Of GEJ Revealed. Your Eyes Must See This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by mensdept: 4:11am On Sep 02, 2010
Lol, the Unfinished greatness of Awolowo grin grin grin
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 02, 2010
Beaf:

I am not interested in the cheap abuse flying around here, I only need to say one thing and leave. . .
Awo was a tribalist who caused immense problems and bloodshed in the former Midwest.

You are right. He was responsible for everything. Even impotent ibos who can't get their wives pregnant, it was all his fault.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 02, 2010
Beaf:

Because, I found a civilised person to talk to.

Yes things really worsened years after because of the politics of oil, but that does not absolve Awo. And I agree totally, he did well for his people, but for us, he was a real disaster.
There are still tensions in Warri, but the inter ethnic bloodshed has since stopped.
Awolowo issue has been discussed so many times on this forum but i don't seem to know why you are flexing your muscle here maybe you just want to make me look dumb to your student anyways i initially ignored you because of your ''Awolowo was a tribalist approach '' but now let's roll.
Awolowo had nothing ''PERSONAL'' to do with the change and it was acknowledged that Nnamdi Azikwe had earlier supported the change in public.so beaf should stop this tribalistic accusation on Awolowo.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 02, 2010
www.itsekiri.org/files/communique/communique_details.php?selected_id=79· The 16th Olu Akengbuwa died on 14th
June 1848 and there was an 88-year
interregnum. By 1851 the British had come
into Itsekiri country and they stayed put till
Independence in 1960. At the reinstatement
of the monarchy in 1936 (after 88 years)
Warri was the name of a province in
Nigeria. The British could not allow Itsekiri
to have their Olu called “Olu of Warri” since
the Urhobo, Ijaw, Kwale & Isoko
administered from the Province would
rightly be enraged that the Itsekiri Olu was
recognized as their King. Thus the Colonial
Government recognized him at coronation
in 1936 as Olu of Itsekiri. Itsekiri agitation
on this matter continued till 1951. As
Independence drew near, the British left the
locals to direct affairs; thus in 1951, the
Western Region Government in its wisdom,
having regard to the historicity of the
Itsekiri claim, dropped the name ‘Warri’,
from the Province, replaced it with ‘Delta’
and conceded Warri as Itsekiri homeland.
Thus the title of the Itsekiri Olu rightly
became ‘Olu of Warri’. The other ethnicities
rejoiced to have ‘Delta’ replacing ‘Warri’ as
their province, while the Itsekiri on their
part rejoiced that they had got back their
ancient name and title. The change had
nothing personal to do with Chief Awolowo
as the Ijaw and Urhobo have so
shamelessly claimed. Even Dr. Nnamdi
Azikiwe, then opposed to Chief Awolowo,
had openly canvassed the change in earlier
years in his Press
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Awolowo issue has been discussec so many times on this forum but i don't seem to know why you are flexing you muscle here maybe you just want to make me look dumb to your student anyways i initially ignored you because of your ''Awolowo was a tribalist approach '' but now let's roll.
Awolowo had nothing ''PERSONAL'' to do with the change and it was acknowledged that Nnamdi Azikwe had earlier supported the change in public.so beaf should stop this tribalistic accusation on Awolowo.

It's a waste of time trying to reason with these people. They dish out insults and then ask for a civil debate. The only way you can get them to think is to ridicule their stupidity.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by komando1: 10:07am On Sep 02, 2010
@ Aigbofag
I hope you were'nt refering to Igbos in your last post.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by T9ksy(m): 1:25pm On Sep 02, 2010
@ Bluetooth, thanks for the info. and the link. Now that's what I came here for- to learn. Am a true shon of the shoil, smiley I do not want anyone to abuse my father and mother hence i would not put myself in a situation where such abomination will occur. If someone say AWO is a tribalist then the onus is on me to prove the person wrong, if I can . However if i do not have the fact to counter his claim, then i 'll look for it. If in the end the person still choose to call Awo a tribalist then that's his/her palavar. That would not necessitate me calling the person's parent a slowpoke 'cause i know that the obvious response would be for that person to retort in kind. I know my parents are not morons as am not a slowpoke, so why go down that route? waste of time and emotions.

Bluetooth on Today at 06:07:08 AM
Awolowo issue has been discussec so many times on this forum but i don't seem to know why you are flexing you muscle here maybe you just want to make me look dumb to your student anyways i initially ignored you because of your ''Awolowo was a tribalist approach '' but now let's roll.

Bluetooth, no one can make you look stupid unless you let them. Anyway, does the info you provided on the topic sounds stupid to you? Hell no, well not to me anyway as i have learnt something new today.Thanks to you. This is a marketplace of ideas and as such we will always have opposing opinions. we need them as that's the only way we can grow as a group. How boring and stagnant would it be if we all think alike, Talk about herd-mentality!!!

@Aigbofa,
I think the most effective way of manifesting someone's ignorance is by providing them with facts whilst remaining calm and gracious when they resort to childish tantrums because they have no other means to counter your incontrovertible veracity. If you fall in to their trick, before long it will be back to name-callings whilst the main discourse is relegated to the rubbish bin.

To all, please just take it easy. if someone calls you names, thank them and move on. you don't gain nada by abusing each other on this forum. There are many who come here to read but do not contribute. what impressions do you think you give them wehen all you do is bicker among yourself like market-women, apologies to market-women. Even they when need be, sit down and have constructive arguments among themselves for the progress of their young generations. A word is enough for the wise,
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by komando1: 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2010
LOL. You are hitting your head on a brickwall.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by komando1: 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2010
The above @ T9sky
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by komando1: 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2010
@T9ksy:
Truth is that the dudes, bk, aigbofa and blacktooth just love a scrap. They go smoke Igbo, and then come around to post ish about Igbos.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by T9ksy(m): 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Komando, No harm in trying, !

looks to me like u too love to scrap with them.

btw wat's smoking igbo got to do with childish behaviours?

i smoke igbo too but i don't talk BS.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by komando1: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2010
T9ksy!
Well congrats! You have succeeded in sanitizing this thread.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by koruji(m): 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2010
T9ksy:

@Komando, No harm in trying, !
looks to me like u too love to scrap with them.
btw wat's smoking igbo got to do with childish behaviours?
i smoke igbo too but i don't talk BS.
You will soon learn that no matter how much you try some of these people on NL will take their imbecility to a new level. Just look at this thread about Awo and check the very first reply. Once they provoke you then they will start playing the victim as if what they wrote were invisible. For your future need - believe me you will need it- I recommend leaving their ethnic group out of your counterattack, but everything else is on the table according to how far they want to take it.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by Beaf: 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

www.itsekiri.org/files/communique/communique_details.php?selected_id=79· The 16th Olu Akengbuwa died on 14th
June 1848 and there was an 88-year
interregnum. By 1851 the British had come
into Itsekiri country and they stayed put till
Independence in 1960. At the reinstatement
of the monarchy in 1936 (after 88 years)
Warri was the name of a province in
Nigeria. The British could not allow Itsekiri
to have their Olu called “Olu of Warri” since
the Urhobo, Ijaw, Kwale & Isoko
administered from the Province would
rightly be enraged that the Itsekiri Olu was
recognized as their King. Thus the Colonial
Government recognized him at coronation
in 1936 as Olu of Itsekiri. Itsekiri agitation
on this matter continued till 1951. As
Independence drew near, the British left the
locals to direct affairs; thus in 1951, the
Western Region Government in its wisdom,
having regard to the historicity of the
Itsekiri claim, dropped the name ‘Warri’,
from the Province, replaced it with ‘Delta’
and conceded Warri as Itsekiri homeland.
Thus the title of the Itsekiri Olu rightly
became ‘Olu of Warri’. The other ethnicities
rejoiced to have ‘Delta’ replacing ‘Warri’ as
their province, while the Itsekiri on their
part rejoiced that they had got back their
ancient name and title. The change had
nothing personal to do with Chief Awolowo
as the Ijaw and Urhobo have so
shamelessly claimed. Even Dr. Nnamdi
Azikiwe, then opposed to Chief Awolowo,
had openly canvassed the change in earlier
years in his Press

The Western Nigeria government carried out the change, that is beyond debate.
Ask yourself who was in charge of the Western Nigeria government at the time and your question is answered. Was is Zik or Awo?
It is really incredibly simple.

Anyways, as I said, we thank God that we are finding accommodation between ethnic groups in Delta state today. We have had both Urhobo and Itsekiri governors; come 2015, we should have either an Igbo or Ijo governor. We aren't into this childish tribalistic crap that you guys are carrying out here. No! More sense and progress comes out of talking; indeed, Delta state is the richest in Nigeria by some margin in GDP per capita, despite being the third from top of oil producers. Nigeria needs to learn from us.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by koruji(m): 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2010
komando.:

T9ksy!
Nobody is deceived by your new found religion of peace. The fact is you guys set out to derail a thread celebrating Awo's greatness, and you did - any thread can be derailed as you only need a couple incorigibles. There is a thread on Alaigbo's extent that was allowed to continue without derailment. Even I learnt a couple of things about that part of Nigeria. A few Igbos on NL has decided they will derail anything Yoruba.

Note that the law of reprocity is a balanced one!
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by koruji(m): 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2010
komando.:

T9ksy!
Nobody is deceived by your new found religion of peace. The fact is you guys set out to derail a thread celebrating Awo's greatness, and you did - any thread can be derailed as you only need a couple incorigibles. There is a thread on Alaigbo's extent that was allowed to continue without derailment. Even I learnt a couple of things about that part of Nigeria. A few Igbos on NL has decided they will derail anything Yoruba.

We 'll see your real attitude when the next Awo thread is opened, but note that the law of reprocity is a balanced one!
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by komando1: 3:03pm On Sep 02, 2010
Quote from warlord Koruji:
Nobody is deceived by your new found religion of peace. The fact is you guys set out to derail a thread celebrating Awo's greatness, and you did - any thread can be derailed as you only need a couple incorigibles. There is a thread on Alaigbo's extent that was allowed to continue without derailment. Even I learnt a couple of things about that part of Nigeria. A few Igbos on NL has decided they will derail anything Yoruba.Note that the law of reprocity is a balanced one

Sniff sniff. Do I smell rumblings of a tribalist cyberwar in the air? I had better go and polish my assault rifle.LOL. Seriously you people sent 'mens dept' this morning. We walked him out. So your hands aint clean. And no Igbo came here to derail anything. Stop being a crybaby.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by Dede1(m): 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2010
Besides the fact that Awo had overflowing admires among the stock of his people, I relatively noticed few achievements to his name without government coffers. Yet many deluded individuals would want us to believe otherwise.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by koruji(m): 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2010
komando.:

Sniff sniff. Do I smell rumblings of a tribalist cyberwar in the air? I had better go and polish my assault rifle.LOL. Seriously you people sent  'mens dept' this morning. We walked him out. So your hands aint clean. And no Igbo came here to derail anything. Stop being a crybaby.
Always thinking up conspiracies. Nobody sent anybody - that's #1. #2 Stop claiming more than you really are - nobody can walk anyone out of any thread. Cyberspace sanity depends on individuals who decide to act one way or other. Many of you here are like drool in the mouth crazed dogs.

By the way I read what 'mens dept' said on that thread, and it was not some derailment comment. He could have been Igbo - he simply said a discussion of your geographical extent is not worthwhile. I disagree with him, and so did you. Somebody told  him, appropriately, not to post on the thread if it is not important.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by komando1: 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2010
Quote from 'general' Koruji
koruji:Quote from: komando. on Today at 03:03:57 PMSniff sniff. Do I smell rumblings of a tribalist cyberwar in the air? I had better go and polish my assault rifle.LOL. Seriously you people sent  'mens dept' this morning. We walked him out. So your hands aint clean. And no Igbo came here to derail anything. Stop being a crybaby.Always thinking up conspiracies. Nobody sent anybody - that's #1. #2 Stop claiming more than you really are - nobody can walk anyone out of any thread. Cyberspace sanity depends on individuals who decide to act one way or other. Many of you here are like drool in the mouth crazed dogs.By the way I read what 'mens dept' said on that thread, and it was not some derailment comment. He could have been Igbo - he simply said a discussion of your geographical extent is not worthwhile. I disagree with him, and so did you. Somebody told  him, appropriately, not to post on the thread if it is not important.

Ok boy. That's it! You win a cookie. Now run along while adults think of important things to do. Run along now. Run along.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by MetalGong4: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2010
hahahahahahaha . . . lol grin grin grin

The last fight is now between KOMANDO (d actor) and KORUJI ( d boss ) . . . . lol
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by abadaba(m): 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2010
MetalGong4:

hahahahahahaha . . . lol grin grin grin

The last fight is now between KOMANDO (d actor) and KORUJI ( d boss ) . . . . lol
You know he is not a match to Komando. Koruji should go and play with his mates in the zoo, noth with Komando.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by bkbabe97y(m): 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2010
abadaba:

You know he is not a match to Komando. Koruji should go and play with his mates in the zoo, noth with Komando.

Youre really proud of Komando!?!? shocked Lol. Yall Ibos are sick! lol. This monkey that everyone chose to ignore is now yalls Messiah!? lol. Well, Ojukwu was also once hailed as the second coming of Christ. . . . . .
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by bkbabe97y(m): 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2010
Aigbofa:

You are right. He was responsible for everything. Even impotent ibos who can't get their wives pregnant, it was all his fault.

komando.:

@ Aigbofag
I hope you were'nt refering to Igbos in your last post.

Nah, he was referring to the Mongols. Dumb Ibo effer!

hahahahaha.lol
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by abadaba(m): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Youre really proud of Komando!?!? shocked Lol. Yall Ibos are sick! lol. This monkey that everyone chose to ignore is now yalls Messiah!? lol. Well, Ojukwu was also once hailed as the second coming of Christ. . . . . .
If there should be an election between you and Komando, he will defeat you hands down as far as nairaland is concerned.
Anyway, before the voting starts, I cast my vote for Komando.
Kommando 1: 0 Bk.
next.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by bkbabe97y(m): 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2010
abadaba:

If there should be an election between you and Komando, he will defeat you hands down as far as nairaland is concerned.
next.

Definitely, if STU*PIDITY, IMBE*CILITY, AND DIM-WITTEDNESS were the criteria being used to judge, then, even I gotta conceded that ur boy will smash me hands down.

P.S: Look at how foolish u r, typical Ibo man! Conducting and casting votes in the same election.lol. fool! grin
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by komando1: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2010
@ Bkhomo
Famous satellite pictures tell me that you( a man) are currently wearing bikini and aigbofag is fantasizing about you and , You like it. The disgusting thing is that aigbofa is also a man. Shameless fruitcakes.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by bkbabe97y(m): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2010
abadaba:

next.

I too vote for KOMANDHOMO!

kOmmanhomo 2: 0 BK

next.

hahahahahahaa.lol. fools!
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2010
"Adekunle danced and petted his mascot, a small mountain goat named “Ojukwu”."

Poor little Emeka, he bit more than he could chew.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by komando1: 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2010
Quote from Bkhomo:
I too vote for KOMANDHOMO! kOmmanhomo 2: 0 BKnext.hahahahahahaa.lol. fools!

Unfortunately I am not gay like you, sucking your fathers diick all day, only to come hear, drunk with spermatozoa.
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by bkbabe97y(m): 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2010
Aigbofa:

"Adekunle danced and petted his mascot, a small mountain goat named “Ojukwu”."

Poor little Emeka, he bit more than he could chew.

Lol. I almost died with laughter when I saw that in the original interview!lol
Re: Unfinished Greatness Of Awolowo by komando1: 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2010
@ bk
Comando stoped you from posting your anti Igbo threads. Comando will stop you again. When last did you post a crime thread in the politics section eh? LoL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Government Didn’t Give Me Any Contract – Metuh / "How I Paid N12 Million Into Justice Ajumogobia's Company Account" - Witness / Bayelsa APC Members Petition Mala Buni In Protest Against Timipre Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.