Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,780 members, 7,851,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:16 AM

Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency (32407 Views)

Photos Of Danjuma Goje And His New Wife / Danjuma Goje Remarries Younger Wife / Saraki, PDP Plot To Install Goje As Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by Haniy218(m): 7:56am On Mar 03, 2019
DabuIIIT:

Please do you have for Europe?
We don’t have Europe sure link. Europe is 50 50 with us
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by OmoEpe(m): 7:56am On Mar 03, 2019
helinues:

What if Ike Ikeremadu defects to Apc?

APC will NEVER give it to a PDP defector again not after Saraki show of shame in the last senate

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by kabshina(m): 7:57am On Mar 03, 2019
Your analysis may be correct but Ali ndume becoming SP
emmygoldlee:
I believe APC will care extraordinary careful this time around for PDP not to pull the 2015 stunt again, for me i see lawan becoming the sp, Rocha and kalu don't stand a chance because they are not ranking senators, Omo agege might pick the dsp, Gbeja will become speaker and deputy speaker will come from north central

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by QuotaSystem: 7:58am On Mar 03, 2019
helinues:

Never.

3 Likes

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by DabuIIIT: 8:03am On Mar 03, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Never.

But you will readily accept a boko haram Ali Ndume.

God please,get me out away,far from this dirty hell shtthole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by OmoEpe(m): 8:05am On Mar 03, 2019
Efewestern:
What's wrong with some northerners?, must they drag power every single time?, what happens to Equity?, I once supported omo-agege, but not any longer, the seat should be zoned to SE period.

You guys like reaping where you don't sow. Your sense of entitlement is appalling. You made a choice so stick by it. Am Omoagege is more preferable than any SE candidate

Easterners are like spoit brats that will always want to eat their cakes and have it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by kach17(m): 8:06am On Mar 03, 2019
SEGLIZ:

is there any senator from the ss/se? if the is, that the best bet.
Rochass and Orji Uzo Kalu are south east senators now under apc
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by chocolatelady(f): 8:07am On Mar 03, 2019
mynamewilfred:
Are you an alien in this country?
You have Okorocha from Imo even though is currently suspended. I tell is the only duly fitted person from the East, as he single handedly brought APC to the region.
You have OUK from Abia, this is another choiced candidate from the East.
You have Omo-Agege from the SS specifically from Delta, a die hard fan of Mr President.
So what then are you saying that this no senator from these extractions?

Senators from the south east, Orji Uzo and Rochas are first timers in the senate. Unless the senate rule for selecting their president has changed . The rule says that the senator must have been in the senate at least for the second time. The only person that qualified for the post in the east is Andy Uba but igbos with their politcal naviety voted him out. Though I am not sure that apc will allow him becos he defected from pdp to apc recently and may not want a repeat of saraki. For south south, Omo Agege is quialified to lead but I dont think they will allow him becos of the mace theft he was linked to last year, thats already a stain on his personality unless he proved otherwise that he did not have anything to do with the mace theft. So for me, the seat should go to North East to someone that has the most experience in the senate and staunch member of the apc not juist defectors from pdp to apc at the dying minute to prevent what happened in 2015. The seat should be between Lawan and Ndume. For speakership, Gbajabamila is the most qualified for the position. Apc shouldnt allow what happened last time to repeat itself again becos Atiku is very sad and will likely do anything to hijack the senate from PMB but God pass am.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by QuotaSystem: 8:16am On Mar 03, 2019
Efewestern:
What's wrong with some northerners?, must they drag power every single time?, what happens to Equity?, I once supported omo-agege, but not any longer, the seat should be zoned to SE period.

Lol do you remember the adage about reaping where you sowed?

I'm sure you do wink

3 Likes

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by adanny01(m): 8:16am On Mar 03, 2019
helinues:
Can't Apc zoned the senate president to either SS/SE?

For what reason, we told SS and SE you dont play politics with outspoken hate, they refused.

How can that region be dumb enough to repeat the 2015 mistake in 2019. The lack of political wisdom will continue to rob that region their right.

Akpabio deserves the Senate president but Akwaibomites dont deserve it, hence they will not have it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by QuotaSystem: 8:21am On Mar 03, 2019
DabuIIIT:

But you will readily accept a boko haram Ali Ndume.

God please,get me out away,far from this dirty hell shtthole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop getting overly emotional.

I don't like or trust Ndume one bit, but the man was cleared of all BH allegations.

Ikweremmadu is PDP through and through, he alongside Sarakid tried to frustrate PMBs presidency. He is also from the SE which has little to zero investment in the ruling party, and continues to tread the antagonist path even after Atikus defeat. OUK stands a much better chance if the region is eventually considered.

Get real.

5 Likes

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by adanny01(m): 8:22am On Mar 03, 2019
helinues:

You sound childish with that suggestion.

3 Likes

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by imam07: 8:22am On Mar 03, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

You have a point
if two brothers entered a room to settle an issue and when both came out laughing. It shows they did not tell themselves the truth.
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by MyMouth(m): 8:24am On Mar 03, 2019
emmygoldlee:
I believe APC will care extraordinary careful this time around for PDP not to pull the 2015 stunt again, for me i see lawan becoming the sp, Rocha and kalu don't stand a chance because they are not ranking senators, Omo agege might pick the dsp, Gbeja will become speaker and deputy speaker will come from north central
This makes more sense, igbo may be given Senate leader and most likely SSG

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by adanny01(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2019
herzernIsHere:
For the sake of justice. The Senate presidency seat should be conceded to the SE zone.

Haba!

Where were they when the majority were choosing APC. The only person who could have been senate president with no much contest and would be acceptable to PDP was refused by his people in Akwaibom.

2 Likes

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by DabuIIIT: 8:27am On Mar 03, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Stop getting overly emotional.

I don't like or trust Ndume one bit, but the man was cleared of all BH allegations.

Ikweremmadu is PDP through and through, he alongside Sarakid tried to frustrate PMBs presidency. He is also from the SE which has little to zero investment in the ruling party, and continues to tread the antagonist path even after Atikus defeat.

Get real.

Will you northerners smile and say all is well if we have a president,senate president,speaker HOR and CJN all from the south? Will the Acf and nef be cool with that?
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by QuotaSystem: 8:28am On Mar 03, 2019
adanny01:

For what reason, we told SS and SE you dont play politics with outspoken hate, they refused.

How can that region be dumb enough to repeat the 2015 mistake in 2019. The lack of political wisdom will continue to rob that region their right.

Akpabio deserves the Senate president but Akwaibomites dont deserve it, hence they will not have it.

Lol they're already experimenting for 2023 again by mocking northern beggars out of frustration and recording it for consolation after Obis defeat.

They will meet again smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by DabuIIIT: 8:30am On Mar 03, 2019
chocolatelady:
Senators from the south east, Orji Uzo and Rochas are first timers in the senate. Unless the senate rule for selecting their president has changed . The rule says that the senator must have been in the senate at least for the second time. The only person that qualified for the post in the east is Andy Uba but igbos with their politcal naviety voted him out. Though I am not sure that apc will allow him becos he defected from pdp to apc recently and may not want a repeat of saraki. For south south, Omo Agege is quialified to lead but I dont think they will allow him becos of the mace theft he was linked to last year, thats already a stain on his personality unless he proved otherwise that he did not have anything to do with the mace theft. So for me, the seat should go to North East to someone that has the most experience in the senate and staunch member of the apc not juist defectors from pdp to apc at the dying minute to prevent what happened in 2015. The seat should be between Lawan and Ndume. For speakership, Gbajabamila is the most qualified for the position. Apc shouldnt allow what happened last time to repeat itself again becos Atiku is very sad and will likely do anything to hijack the senate from PMB but God pass am.

So this country is made up of the north and west only,huh?

So only the north and west must be in power!
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by QuotaSystem: 8:32am On Mar 03, 2019
DabuIIIT:

Will you northerners smile and say all is well if we have a president,senate president,speaker HOR and CJN all from the south? Will the Acf and nef be cool with that?

Actions have consequences.

Northerners are smart enough to never play such myopic politics of putting all eggs in one political basket. This is a lesson the SE has stubbornly refused to learn due to hatred for Buhari.

As you can see we are always evenly spread across both parties so that question is invalid as it is a practical impossibility.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by adanny01(m): 8:35am On Mar 03, 2019
BillGoldberg:
[b]
Now, South East I believe has 2 APC Senators! South South has more than 3!

The problem with that region is that you lack wisdom politically.

Are you aware that senate rules says to qualify for senate president, you have to be a returning senator.

A first term senator cannot be senate president.

Now tell me, how many are qualified from the SS and SE. Or how influential they are in the party or their regions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by adekolaelect(m): 8:36am On Mar 03, 2019
[quote author=BillGoldberg post=76299755]Lol... Fooolish Igbos in APC, have you people "Sawn What Am Seen? Hope you guys are now seeing through this useless party called APC? 2015, they said there was no Igbo APC senator and so they can't zone to the South East!

Now, South East I believe has 2 APC Senators! South South has more than 3! But have you noticed how all the names being mentioned are mostly Notherners and Westerners! If we tell you guys that these people are highly undemocratic, it will be like Easterners are bigots! Ndigbo have seen through this people and known that it is just a sham! There js nothing truthful about this hopeless, useless party! I can never be deceived.
Believe me.

Just tell me how the President is North, Senate President North, Speaker is North, Deputy speaker North, Chief Justice North, Court of Appeal North, Code of Conduct Tribunal North, Attorney General North! Let me not even discuss the defense of this nation! Are you seein it now?

So basically, the executive, legislature and judiciary is hinged in the North! Ndigbo wow! Southerners are really smart!

Ndigbo have you seen that nothing in APC for you! At least PDP gave you guys s stop all the grammars politics is not abt sentiments but popularity ,games and numbers .see it now you were abusing south west peoples of supporting APC you want them to stop Osinbajo and support your Obi can you now see how selfish you are.

2 Likes

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by Deltatoto: 8:40am On Mar 03, 2019
Elnino4ladies:
Why not Ovei Omo-Agege
im a deltan ovie is a tout that seat needs a cool headed guy.david mark remains d best sp in the history of our democracy
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by Deltatoto: 8:41am On Mar 03, 2019
Efewestern:
lol that’s if federal character exist under buhari it’s dead buhari can even give sp to his brother from north west
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by contigiency(m): 8:45am On Mar 03, 2019
BillGoldberg:
Lol... Fooolish Igbos in APC, have you people "Sawn What Am Seen? Hope you guys are now seeing through this useless party called APC? 2015, they said there was no Igbo APC senator and so they can't zone to the South East!

Now, South East I believe has 2 APC Senators! South South has more than 3! But have you noticed how all the names being mentioned are mostly Notherners and Westerners! If we tell you guys that these people are highly undemocratic, it will be like Easterners are bigots! Ndigbo have seen through this people and known that it is just a sham! There js nothing truthful about this hopeless, useless party! I can never be deceived.
Believe me.

Just tell me how the President is North, Senate President North, Speaker is North, Deputy speaker North, Chief Justice North, Court of Appeal North, Code of Conduct Tribunal North, Attorney General North! Let me not even discuss the defense of this nation! Are you seein it now?

So basically, the executive, legislature and judiciary is hinged in the North! Ndigbo wow! Southerners are really smart!

Ndigbo have you seen that nothing in APC for you! At least PDP gave you guys senate President for a long time whether a first timer senate or not!

Have you guys noticed how Yorubas and Notherners on this forum are smartly changing the rhetoric to "they are senate first timers"? Do you guys now believe me when I say these people are lewd and shrewd?

But there is an option you can always activate.

There is a young man God sent you to free you. Mere mention of that man sends shivers down there spine. They fear him a lot and funny enough, the young man is fearless! They are scared that finally, there is somebody to lead the Youths from Igboland. But will the elders give him the needed support?

You guys saw how fanatic Buharis fans are. Same number of morrons and imbecciles have been voting this mad man since 1999! Nobody called them ethnic bigots! If it were to be an Igbo people now, everybody will be opening gutter mouth!

You guys see how fanatic Tinubus fans and supporters are! 3 bullion vans filled with dollars were seen in his house, it is his money! But let them catch an Igbo man with 10,000 dollars at the airport... All hell will let loose.

Ndigbo, these people are not taking you serious because you guys are not taking yourselves serious. There is nothing that pains Nigerians like to see a smart, unadulterated Igbo man who sees through the sham called Nigeria. This country is designed to muzzle you guys out. Forget the fake love!

This is not your country!

N.B
For animals that will try to tell me that I shouted "Atikuloot or Atikulate" do go through my posts! I never supported PDP or APC. I never voted. But am pro PDP though because I see them as more democratic and unifying!

Stop being stupidly emotional and preaching hatred for a matter you lack good knowledge of. Please this also goes to those who are also saying that it should go to the south East. The house has a standing rule which makes it compulsory that for anybody to be a Senate president or speaker, he or she must be a ranking member. By that, it means that you are not coming as a lawmaker for the first time. I have checked the list of those who won in the south East for both senate and the house of representatives in APC, they are all first timers. They are going as lawmakers for the first time, that automatically disqualifies them from being Senate president or speaker of the house of representatives.

So let's state the obvious truth and stop passing falsehood. And you can't say they should change the law because of people who despite knowing the law, ignored that and chose the other side.

As an Igbo man, I sincerely wished we were not politically naive as we have exhibited in 2015 and again in 2019 by forbidding to play the right politics even when the obvious was staring at us. We had some returning members of the national assembly in APC from the south East who contested, but We pushed them aside either in the primary election or in the election proper.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by adanny01(m): 8:48am On Mar 03, 2019
helinues:

Ngige warning them was a scam message we we all knew.. No major political party will zone their presidential candidates to SE in 2023 ( It's glaring).

Omo-agege is too rascal to me. Lawan is not a bad choice ( Experience is there).

But with your submissions, nothing for SE , are they Gabonese? Abi se no longer one Nigeria Ni?

They made their choice by hating anything APC and this is an APC government.

2 Likes

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by celeiyke: 8:53am On Mar 03, 2019
Nation newspaper- godson of Tinubu who worked harder to defeat PDP. A person who delivered 500k votes. What a joke. Tinubu is in no way bigger than Shettima
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by adanny01(m): 8:55am On Mar 03, 2019
kach17:
Rochass and Orji Uzo Kalu are south east senators now under apc

They are not ranking senators so do not qualify.
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by chocolatelady(f): 9:02am On Mar 03, 2019
DabuIIIT:

So this country is made up of the north and west only,huh?

So only the north and west must be in power!

My dear, I am an igbo lady but the truth must be told ,my people are political naive. They voted Ngige out in 2015 who would have become the senate president as a returning senator and now did the same thing to Andy Uba. So they shouldnt cry foul when they see the obvious staring at their face. Out of hatred for PMB and apc, they voted their own out so they should learn. We can cry from now till June but that will not change the fact that senate has rules for electing their president. I wonder how igbos believe that them and south south region can give Atiku victory in the election. My dear, conduct this election 1000 times, PMB will beat Atiku same times. I knew right from the day they picked Atiku as their candidate and I said that if pdp does that mistake of picking him, that the election will be a walk over for PMB becos Atiku is no match for PMB. Let him go to court but that does not mean that PMB did not beat him blue black in the whole of north and south west.

7 Likes

Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by Divine200: 9:14am On Mar 03, 2019
Ovie omo agege is the most suitable for this position if they follow the zoning policy.
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by labani06(m): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2019
Inshaa'Allah sen Goje is the Next Senate president
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by yaki84: 9:19am On Mar 03, 2019
SEGLIZ:

I won't but laugh. you and I know that won't work, it is case of one beaten twice shy. the antecedent of saraki serving as mole would go a long since all his antics was undermining the same government he served.
I love ike, he is calm, cool and a nationalist from my perspective. if kalu made through he might be a better alternative since Godswill didn't pull through. to this is a deliberate attempt by ss/se to marginalize themselves.
it was enough for them to have position their men on both side to stand at a vantage point to clinch the third seat of the federation. it is unbecoming of them to work against the tide it's high time they seize the use of single basket for trading and the politics of hate and bitterness.
bros r u aware there is one omo agege n also a ranking senator?
stop this madness of akpabio. who even told u apc were going to cede SP position to south south?
national chairman of the party is from south south n u expect them to cede senate presidency to there.
were u blind when oshio annointed george akume as senate president?
if atall they r ceding it to south south, omoagege is thr from delta.
Re: Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency by SEGLIZ: 9:32am On Mar 03, 2019
DabuIIIT:

Must you be there b4 to there? Atr they heaven made? The way you guys reason sha!

my brother don't take personal we all are putting one plus one together so to make the country work. it is not how we reason but what is on the statuesque (I stand to be corrected). it has being in rule and guidelines of legislature, you come in for the first time to head proceedings or post. you do you findings we all learn everyday I'm an open book.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Lyon Declared Winner Of Bayelsa Governorship Election / Students Trapped In Abia By Lockdown Receive Palliatives From Abia Govt (Photos) / Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.