Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? (1866 Views)

How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? / Broke Lady Gets N2m From A Stranger To Celebrate Her Daughter's Birthday (Photos / Lady Exposes Her Best Friend Who Has Been Having Sex With Her Husband (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
They say that twenty friends can not be together for twenty years.

I once had a good friend from secondary school who was very close to me but it was never meant to last. We were very close friends from Jss1 till SS1.

I was a brilliant student during my primary school days and I excelled in debate competitions. I was later made a Prefect during my primary six.

My life changed when I went to a government secondary School and made new sets of friends, one of whom lived close to our house and with time, we became close friends.

But he was never serious with academics. He made me indulge in truancy and this affected my academics badly. Sometimes, I joined "bad boys" to jump through the window when a teacher whose period to take his or her subject comes because I haven't done my assignment. My results were bad.

I managed till SS1, we all went to the same "Science Class" but we wrote a screening examination which separated the "boys from the men" and I passed but my bestfriend and some friends I had from Primary School days didn't make it and they chose "Commercial" or "Arts". After the first term of SS1, I noticed an improvement in my results, coupled that my interaction with the said friend has reduced because we only went home together. sometimes, I stayed back to study with new friends I made and I began to withdraw from him and by SS2, our relationship wasn't that cordial.

The relationship nosedived when he had a challenge and dropped out, after repeating twice and before he came back to continue from where he stopped, I had written SSCE and graduated.

Though, I did assist him when it was tough for him but from a distance, there was little I could do. For over 7years, we lost contact.

From then on, the journey of life separated our parts further and it is just " hi", "Hello, how levels?" Kind of exchange of pleasantries.

We saw each other recently and we are almost strangers because he has changed - has kids etc but his idiosyncrasies hasn't changed. I have changed too - a man in every sense. And the relationship is not as it was anymore.

Share your experiences.

farano, lalasticlacla, rocktation, dominique, ishilove Om4J

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by iambijo(m): 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
Yes....

1 Like

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Davash222(m): 11:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

We saw each other recently and we are almost strangers because he has changed - has kids etc but his idiosyncrasies hasn't changed. I have changed too - a man in every sense. And the relationship is not as it was anymore.
How you manage to say ' I have change too' shows he's obviously doing better than you, no offence. Sometimes, life is not all about grades.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
Davash222:

How you manage to say ' I have change too' shows he's obviously doing better than you, no offence. Sometimes, life is not all about grades.

Not really. I am trying not to blow my trumpet.

Life is not all about grades but everyone has their path. Know it and follow it and leave distractions behind.
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Davash222(m): 11:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

I am trying not to blow my trumpet.
You also tried not to blow his trumpet too. The 'etc' means alot, you know?
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by badadvice(f): 12:02am On Mar 06, 2019
I had one beautiful dark skinned lady as a very close friend when i was 10 but we lost contact after 8 yrs of friendship cos they moved out of my neighborhood.
Sometime last month, i was walking with a friend when i heard my name from behind.
I turned and saw a light skinned lady walking hurriedly towards me.
She went like "hey (my name), long time".
And i was like "Hi, pls do i know you".
Then she dropped the bomb saying "(my name) its me vivian".
My jaw literally dropped cos the change in color over 5yrs of not being in contact was too much for me to bear and i couldnt hide my surprise.
Fortunately she mistook my being surprised at her new skin color for me being surprised that we bumped into each other after so many years.
I just played cool and we talked for a short while and exchanged numbers.
We talk on whatsapp now but i'm yet to ask her where she dropped the beautiful dark skin she once had.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by kingxsamz(m): 12:03am On Mar 06, 2019
That's if I've ever had a best friend before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by ladygudhead(f): 12:09am On Mar 06, 2019
how do people make best friends...really would want to have one .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by tobidipity(m): 12:16am On Mar 06, 2019
Plenty. I'm practically good at erasing people out of my life. Make I share some experience as sleep no gree come.
One thing I can never stand is a friend who backbites. I once have a best friend who stays in my neighborhood. We were so close that people think we were brothers. I would wake up in the morning and the next thing I'm thinking is going to his house. To cut long story short, we were working together at a factory that year. I misplaced the boss' money and was trying to convinve the boss to deduct it from my salary for 4months only for my so called best friend to go behind my back and tell the boss to deal with me. Till date, we don't greet not to talk of gist. I strangerzoned him straight. The recent one was a so called best friend who I had done a lot for in the past, asked me to leave his house (cuz his girlfriend wasn't comfortable with having me around). I had only scouted in his place for 3months and I promised him I will leave his place in a months time. The guy showed me hell even though I was the one feeding myself and him included when his around. As God answer my prayer way I comot, he thought we'll continue our friendship. When for my own mind, the friendship ended the day he asked me to leave his out without any tangible reason. Strangerzone straight.....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Abortions: 12:26am On Mar 06, 2019
Davash222:

You also tried not to blow his trumpet too. The 'etc' means alot, you know?
See the way u tackling OP, u be Ajax? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by lincsnuel: 12:39am On Mar 06, 2019
Poverty! We were once best friends but we're begining to part ways now!

1 Like

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Larryfest(m): 12:50am On Mar 06, 2019
There's nothing like best friends abeg...

1 Like

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by amaniro: 12:51am On Mar 06, 2019
Everybody actually has somebody like that. The fact remains that secondary school relationship no dey lasttongue

That's what many couldn't recognize.

1 Like

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by amaniro: 12:52am On Mar 06, 2019
Davash222:

..... what of if he had a kid out of wedlock...... Do you know his financial situation? Don't just narrow your thinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by xpac01(m): 12:53am On Mar 06, 2019
tobidipity:
Plenty. I'm practically good at erasing people out of my life. Make I share some experience as sleep no gree come.
One thing I can never stand is a friend who backbites. I once have a best friend who stays in my neighborhood. We were so close that people think we were brothers. I would wake up in the morning and the next thing I'm thinking is going to his house. To cut long story short, we were working together at a factory that year. I misplaced the boss' money and was trying to convinve the boss to deduct it from my salary for 4months only for my so called best friend to go behind my back and tell the boss to deal with me. Till date, we don't greet not to talk of gist. I strangerzoned him straight. The recent one was a so called best friend who I had done a lot for in the past, asked me to leave his house (cuz his girlfriend wasn't comfortable with having me around). I had only scouted in his place for 3months and I promised him I will leave his place in a months time. The guy showed me hell even though I was the one feeding myself and him included when his around. As God answer my prayer way I comot, he thought we'll continue our friendship. When for my own mind, the friendship ended the day he asked me to leave his out without any tangible reason. Strangerzone straight.....

Some brothers could betray their folks just like that. But luckily enough for me I can easily smell those kind of people from afar and will never even fix you as a friend let alone best friend.

1 Like

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by amaniro: 12:56am On Mar 06, 2019
badadvice:
I had one beautiful dark skinned lady as a very close friend when i was 10 but we lost contact after 8 yrs of friendship cos they moved out of my neighborhood.
Sometime last month, i was walking with a friend when i heard my name from behind.
I turned and saw a light skinned lady walking hurriedly towards me.
She went like "hey (my name), long time".
And i was like "Hi, pls do i know you".
Then she dropped the bomb saying "(my name) its me vivian".
My jaw literally dropped cos the change in color over 5yrs of not being in contact was too much for me to bear and i couldnt hide my surprise.
Fortunately she mistook my being surprised at her new skin color for me being surprised that we bumped into each other after so many years.
I just played cool and we talked for a short while and exchanged numbers.
We talk on whatsapp now but i'm yet to ask her where she dropped the beautiful dark skin she once had.

Indeed God carotone works wonderstongue
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by TheManOfTheYear: 12:57am On Mar 06, 2019
Madrid sold Ronaldo and replaced him with Akpororo (Vinicius Jnr)
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by edicied: 12:58am On Mar 06, 2019
If you check it its mostly distance that separate people most times sad

Which is why LDR cannot work!
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by anochuko01(m): 1:05am On Mar 06, 2019
amaniro:
Everybody actually has somebody like that. The fact remains that secondary school relationship no dey lasttongue

That's what many couldn't recognize.
big lie.....secondary school friendship lasts most...
just last night I called three of my secondary school friends and they were very shocked.
depends in the kind of school though and their kind if life.....like in OPs case.

Back to OP's question, the moment I see that our lives don't tally, I walk away. and I'm so good at doing that.
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by amaniro: 1:10am On Mar 06, 2019
anochuko01:

big lie.....secondary school friendship lasts most...
just last night I called three of my secondary school friends and they were very shocked.
depends in the kind of school though and their kind if life.....like in OPs case.

Back to OP's question, the moment I see that our lives don't tally, I walk away. and I'm so good at doing that.

Most people don't usually like talking to their secondary school mate. As in level Don change now. Nobody wants to remain in the past.
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 06, 2019
Oh yes I remember him vividly. Dude was about 2years senior to me, calm and quite responsible. My mum did all to make sure we were friends because everyone knew him as a good kid in the hood but something kept holding me back about him. I kept other friends and dude never fitted in our circle as we rolled. My best friend then who is now late didn't also like him around.
One day, a boy in my neighborhood reported to us that he wanted to molest him. Till this day, I never told my mum why I never liked to be friends with him and dude also gave up asking about me too.

1 Like

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 1:39am On Mar 06, 2019
cool cool She saw me a year after our graduation from secondary school and had the gut to ask me who I was. A girl that was so close to me in secondary school to the extent that she once put my phone on her bras and challenged me to put my hand in her bra and bring out my phone if I was a man truly. Unfortunately, I never did angry I regret it now. If I had taken up the challenge,I would have battered her ego terribly that day she asked me who I was by telling her that though she may not know me, her breasts do sad

Some girls are not loyal at all. sad

1 Like

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:51am On Mar 06, 2019
In Junior Secondary, I had a clique... we were 4 best friends. Three of us had an accelerated promotion from J1 to J3 except one person. I think it made her feel left out...made her feel as though she didn't belong. While we were in JSS3, she was in JSS2. With time, we began to drift apart... She even left our school for a boarding school in another town.

The three of us bonded and continued being best friends till this day... but the 4th one... Our relationship is so so so strained that if I were to call her to wish her a happy birthday tomorrow, it would be so awkward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 06, 2019
I have this friend of mine we started primary school together in a tender age and we grew close then cause we were always fighting for who will take first or second place in the class .. he was very intelligent and also a good runner , we were always visiting each other house to watch spider man 1 and 2 and it was fun and exciting..his parents loved us being together and it was just this brother hood feelings, eventually i left the primary school and i wrote a common entrance to a private secondary school which i later gained admission into and he was left to write common entrance in the primary school which was public and later he got admitted into a public secondary school ... things became hard for my dad when I was in jss2 in the private school and i later decided to drop and join the public train which i didn't like lol because have made friends with cool headed kids in my secondary school and i was like the boss of all bosses in my school because people feared and respected me after i knocked a senior out lol grin grin blood just they flow lol anyways i left the school and i joined my best friend in the secondary school which was public i did jss3 there and unfortunately his parent decided to move out from their former apartment to a new location so the got transferred and left the school angry wey i think say i don finally they with my best buddy to cut the long story short i they for another state as an hustler and an undergraduate and my parents at home don tell me say the guy don look for me come house for like 4 times and they didn't collect his number for the amounted time he came undecided i come home only on December time .. now am still waiting he comes back looking for me again because i so much love this guy he is the best friend that I can only trust rather than the fake friends we have this days embarassed usanga yellow powpow anywhere you they if you they read this post contact me abeg we still gat more to achieve because your old buddy won yarn you tori .. cool

2 Likes

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Ishilove: 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
I guess I am the one who is now a stranger to them because I am avoiding them.

I can't help it, I prefer my own company these days. Socializing is so dreadfully tedious.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Ishilove: 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2019
MajorJeffery:
Oh yes I remember him vividly. Dude was about 2years senior to me, calm and quite responsible. My mum did all to make sure we were friends because everyone knew him as a good kid in the hood but something kept holding me back about him. I kept other friends and dude never fitted in our circle as we rolled. My best friend then who is now late didn't also like him around.
One day, a boy in my neighborhood reported to us that he wanted to molest him. Till this day, I never told my mum why I never liked to be friends with him and dude also gave up asking about me too.
Emmm...oga, this one wey you write no follow. undecided

He was never your friend, not to talk of your best friend, before we now even reach 'stranger' side. The topic is about friends who are now like strangers embarassed grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
Lol, this reminds me of a best friend I had in Primary school. We were so close, teachers and students mistook us for sisters and the fact we bear the same surname added to this. We did things together, led the class together. We shared the first and second position between us sometimes I take punishment for her (I be the jagaban while she's the dove . cry )

Everything changed when my parents decided to enroll me for common entrance in another school because the proprietor forbade Primary 5 students from taking part. I passed the exam and got admission to another school while she stayed to continue primary 6. It was really heartbreaking for me. I wept but that didn't change anything....

Some years, I went back to my former school for my Senior Secondary education. I saw my friend, at first we clicked again but couldn't bond because I was a class ahead of her.She was in Jss3 and I was in sss1, we lived distance apart and She had made other friends while I was away. It all ended when she left the school.

Lol, ever since then I haven't made a best friend. I've been for everybody but for nobody. grin Eni mo ri no ba lo. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Kendumazy(m): 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
This is interesting!
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Seandisputed(m): 6:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
Met her through a female friend and with time we became very close that I knew basically everything happening in her life then. Had series of problems in her relationship and she ended it. She asked me out and i told her i wasn't ready for a relationship at that moment. That was the beginning of our drifting apart. I still miss her much
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
amaniro:

Most people don't usually like talking to their secondary school mate. As in level Don change now. Nobody wants to remain in the past.

Not true. I have friends from secondary school days that are close and we talk.
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by Ihatelove(f): 7:18pm On Mar 06, 2019
Yes I have a friend who was my bestie for four years until he pressed my boobs sad angry now we are strangers, we don't talk anymore
Re: Have You Had A Best Friend Who Is Now A Stranger? by amaniro: 7:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

Not true. I have friends from secondary school days that are close and we talk.

ion like it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Must Travel Now / I Need A Help About My Girlfriend / Are Women Now Using Rape As A Weapon Against Guys??? Guys Come And Comment Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.