Stats: 3,155,969 members, 7,828,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? (47730 Views)

"If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:56am On Mar 16, 2019
LiveByNight:
[img]https://media1./images/41623c30893884b0cd1b2d696a3abd33/tenor.gif?itemid=9495358[/img]

Smh

The fact you have this mindset about being a their calls graduate shows you how limited your reasoning is.
You already sound defeated and uninspired

Dude alot of companies won't hire you when they spit this mindset in you
The fact that you think you are better than the op is sickening

Go tru ur post again and see what a disaster you re

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by lonelydora: 8:57am On Mar 16, 2019
Elthugnificent:
why didn't he employ only people with 3rd class?

What i mean is, he should not kill himself over grade. Just an inspiration

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Magic1: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
Hi, I finished with a Third Class degree in a Federal university and my question is, can I do masters or other higher qualifications....

Yes, but PGD first.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 16, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
The fact that you think you are better than the op is sickening

Go tru ur post again and see what a disaster you re

Oh shut it

I got a thirdie and have been living the dream from 6-7 figure jobs no msc .. no connection no help but God

So yes I am in a position to call him out for being a slave to his own opinions

Now you are too dumb to understand this comment being that you wanted to come off as being concerned you hastily displayed your stupidity

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by chccho(m): 8:59am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
how do I go about it... The duration, amount... Gimme some kind of idea pls...
U are already asking questions like a 3rdie!!!
Come on, u can't be expecting people to teach/feed u with everything, can't u make your research online or go to some universities and make enquiries This mindset can't get much done for u.
Anyways yes, u can do an Msc if u make up your mind and are determined to. Its all in the mind bro.

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Kingbones(m): 9:00am On Mar 16, 2019
OboOlora:
Education isn’t for everyone!

Op, if u r:
Hausa: go and be selling kilishi
Igbo: go n be selling cocaine
Yoruba: go n join MColuomo as political thug!
For your mind now.. You have make sense ehn

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by etrouble: 9:00am On Mar 16, 2019
sherylbakky:
PGD is doable, u can run ur masters after that. But pls dont lose ur self-esteem cos of ur grade, Ok? It doesnt hlp

He has no self esteem to lose. Anyone with a little self esteem will not go to school and fail out with a third class. Go and start learning Fashion Design before you get old and unable to learn again. I will tell you the truth even if it hurts, that's what makes a true friend. So, get angry if you want to. Later you will realize that you truly deserve to be flogged at the market square for wasting the nation and your parents resources.

But, do you also know that you can make a new decision and resolution to make a change? You can go for PGD, learn a trade or even start afresh. The decision is in your hand.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:01am On Mar 16, 2019
OboOlora:
Education isn’t for everyone!

Op, if u r:
Hausa: go and be selling kilishi
Igbo: go n be selling cocaine
Yoruba: go n join MColuomo as political thug!

You actually think that you've made sense
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 16, 2019
etrouble:

He has no self esteem to lose. Anyone with a little self esteem will not go to school and fail out with a third class. Go and start learning Fashion Design before you get old and unable to learn again. I will tell you the truth even if it hurts, that's what makes a true friend. So, get angry if you want to. Later you will realize that you truly deserve to be flogged at the market square for wasting the nation and your parents resources.

But, do you also know that you can make a new decision and resolution to make a change? You can go for PGD, learn a trade or even start afresh. The decision is in your hand.
Sorry, I'm not d Op, u sud av mentioned d Op...I only dropped my suggestion, u ar entitled to urs too
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Positivepoint(m): 9:04am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
Hi, I finished with a Third Class degree in a Federal university and my question is, can I do masters or other higher qualifications....

I have third class and I have being working with a Telecom company for 9 years. Currently at manager level.

The secret is start from contract employment gain experience plus a pgd and a masters degree u equal with a person with better grade.

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:04am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:
Even if you do PHD the highest you can get in Nigeria is Night shift supervisor in an Hotel in Lagos...

Salary 30k tops, excludes benefits like health,house but may be you can get allowance on Transport 200 naira per day x 30 days 6k so you should get up to 40k per month max!
Not bragging, but I got a third
Didn't even bother to upgrade yet

But I currently earn almost a mil monthly, with assurance of a raise soon by God's grace

This without connection

If I met people like you then, maybe I would have died
Thank God I didn't meet you

Remember, I'm not bragging

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by ajayiopy: 9:06am On Mar 16, 2019
Go to IDP in Yobe or Maiduguri, do volunteer job for a year and you cud get a deal
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2019
LiveByNight:

Oh shut it

I got a thirdie and have been living the dream from 6-7 figures .. no connection no help but God

So yes I am in a position to call him out for being a slave to his own opinions

Now you are too dumb to understand this comment being that you wanted to come off as being concerned you hastily displayed your stupidity
He didn't come here to be called out
Don't call him out, rather encourage him

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 16, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
He didn't come here to be called out
Don't call him out, rather encourage him

Noted

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by ednut1(m): 9:11am On Mar 16, 2019
To what end is the pgd So u go waste 3 years of ur life for pgd nd masters den go apply for graduate trainee jobs When u must hv passed the entry age or u forgot yankee masters holders self dey ground. Forget school bros focus on a trade or business

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:13am On Mar 16, 2019
Positivepoint:

I have third class and I have been working with a Telecom company for 9 years. Currently a manager level.

The secret is start from contract employment gain experience plus a pgd and a masters degree u equal with a person with better grade.
Perfect

Cc, LiveByNight

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by oruma19: 9:13am On Mar 16, 2019
Pgd first
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by dante0147: 9:15am On Mar 16, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Not bragging, but I got a third
Didn't even bother to upgrade yet

But I currently earn almost a mil monthly, with assurance of a raise soon by God's grace

This without connection

If I met people like you then, maybe I would have died
Thank God I didn't meet you

Remember, I'm not bragging

Bruv you don’t need to paint me black.. It’s in your destiny we were only gonna meet on Nairaland and not in person... Were you sleeping in school that would make you graduate with a THIRD CLASS ? Besides I own a real estate / construction company What you earn is like a peanut compared to the revenue generated in my
Company ! In my company there ain’t room for slackers so your third class degree is a No for me! Remember I ain’t bragging !!!
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by uuzba(m): 9:15am On Mar 16, 2019
your 3rd Class Degree shows that you are not interested in school. What do you still want Masters for?
They used to fail Masters too O!.
Better go and find work.
Seems you just looking for certificate.

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by deleo16(m): 9:16am On Mar 16, 2019
ednut1:
To what end is the pgd So u go waste 3 years of ur life for pgd nd masters den go apply for graduate trainee jobs When u must hv passed the entry age or u forgot yankee masters holders self dey ground. Forget school bros focus on a trade or business

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by collins011(m): 9:17am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:

What course did you study? I can get you masters in China.

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:18am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
join politics, you will Be the best among them, Buhari was very proud of fake waec, third class is a king, who Nigeria education help sef

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by deleo16(m): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:

I ain’t surprised about your friends .. THIS is Nigeria ! Besides I bet they got those jobs with the help of people ..
not all 3rd class graduate got a job by connection I know of one that works in a production company he followed the normal interview process

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:

Bruv you don’t need to paint me black.. It’s in your destiny we were only gonna meet on Nairaland and not in person... Were you sleeping in school that would make you graduate with a THIRD CLASS ? Besides I own a real estate / construction company What you earn is like a peanut compared to the revenue generated in my
Company ! In my company there ain’t room for slackers so your third class degree is a No for me! Remember I ain’t bragging !!!
Too many liars on this platform

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by fordunit(m): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2019
Oga, go and start a business. Have you not figured out yet that most of the firms insisting on 1st class graduates in Nigeria are owned by 3rd class graduates?

Start a business and apply for Masters via distant learning in UK. The cost is high but the quality of education and the weight of the certificate cannot be matched by any Nigerian university.

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by bot101(m): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:
Even if you do PHD the highest you can get in Nigeria is Night shift supervisor in an Hotel in Lagos...

Salary 30k tops, excludes benefits like health,house but may be you can get allowance on Transport 200 naira per day x 30 days 6k so you should get up to 40k per month max!

Hahaha!! Ignorant shit!! I work full time at a company in Lagos right now and started with a 150k salary and company accomodation and guess what? They haven't even seen my degree till date!! Don't know what I studied, and don't care to know, so in a nutshell, shut the Bleep up, and go find a bearing to your miserable life!!!

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by LucemFerre: 9:22am On Mar 16, 2019
Davash222:
Go and learn trade!!!

Lol... You always say this thing before me.
My friend go learn handwork. Forget that masters first.

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Xeexeex: 9:24am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
It is better you prioritize looking for masters abroad. There are some international courses in some countries which are tuition free and a degree from a reputable university abroad will suck the air out of the room of your third class. More focus will be on your acquired masters.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by uuzba(m): 9:25am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
My Brother in Law finished with 3rd Class. Upon the fact that his father (now late) was a Shell man.
They told him to go and learn work. Because nothing for him.
He suffererd small, threw away all the certificate and joined Pilot.
He showed a serious attitude for technical things. Oyibo noticed it during interview. And setlected him when other black Ogas wanted to send him away (He was serious in Technical things, He could make bedside lamp shade with his hands and sell it).
The trained him as pilot for Helicopter. Then later Aeroplane.
He later used his money to register for online MBa. But even him was not even interested in the MBa despite all the money he now has.

Don't decieve yourself. Go and learn work.

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by millionboi2: 9:25am On Mar 16, 2019
Davash222:
Go and learn trade!!!
mumu

Datz why u could die poor or average,if dis ur mentality that trading/entrepreneurship is for not too bright ppl........I pity ur children bcoz thy maybe nothing 4dem to inherite

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by sch(m): 9:25am On Mar 16, 2019
I cant not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker / Fatima Bombom-Sani Shines At Nigeria Law School, Breaks Record / 8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You!