Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? (47384 Views)

"If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hi, I finished with a Third Class degree in a Federal university and my question is, can I do masters or other higher qualifications....

3 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Davash222(m): 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2019
Go and learn trade!!!

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
PGD is doable, u can run ur masters after that. But pls dont lose ur self-esteem cos of ur grade, Ok? It doesnt hlp

429 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by ayenika1: 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2019
Try as much as possible to do PGD in your required field. For instance, if you intend studying Chemistry at Master's level, let your PGD also align with Chemistry for easy Master's application. Best of luck bro..!

87 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by kinibigdeal(m): 9:39pm On Mar 15, 2019
twentyk:
Hi, I finished with a Third Class degree in a Federal university and my question is, can I do masters or other higher qualifications....

You will need to go for PgD

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
sherylbakky:
PGD is doable, u can run ur masters after that. But pls dont lose ur self-esteem cos of ur grade, Ok? It doesnt hlp
self esteem ke, that's not even remotely related.... I knew I could do better, besides my "thirdie was not academically related... I just want to know how it works... I'd googled up much on the PDG.. embarassed

Studied political science...
Davash222:
Go and learn trade!!!
offcourse, I have and nd I'm still learning self...

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
kinibigdeal:

You will need to go for PgD
how do I go about it... The duration, amount... Gimme some kind of idea pls...
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
twentyk:
self esteem ke, that's not even remotely related.... I knew I could do better, besides my "thirdie was not academically related... I just want to know how it works... I'd googled up much on the PDG..
Just an advice...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2019
twentyk:
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by kinibigdeal(m): 11:56pm On Mar 15, 2019
twentyk:

Pgd is 18months I think. As per the amount, I have no idea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by martolux(m): 5:05am On Mar 16, 2019
"I knew I could do better, besides my "thirdie was not academically related" how??

15 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 16, 2019
[img]https://media1./images/41623c30893884b0cd1b2d696a3abd33/tenor.gif?itemid=9495358[/img]

Smh

The fact you have this mindset about being a their calls graduate shows you how limited your reasoning is.
You already sound defeated and uninspired

Dude alot of companies won't hire you when they spot this mindset in you

3 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Oblongata: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2019
May your heart desires be yours. .

Go for PGD or advanced diploma

But if I were you, i would go for another degree or same degree in a distant learning University (like noun),

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by medexico(m): 8:33am On Mar 16, 2019
The masters might help you
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by asobo: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2019
Sure but that's after you must have supplemented it with a PGD. Cheer up, It's not the end of life bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by sotall(m): 8:34am On Mar 16, 2019
Go and learn a skill

5 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by dante0147: 8:34am On Mar 16, 2019
Even if you do PHD the highest you can get in Nigeria is Night shift supervisor in an Hotel in Lagos...

Salary 30k tops, excludes benefits like health,house but may be you can get allowance on Transport 200 naira per day x 30 days 6k so you should get up to 40k per month max!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by garetz: 8:34am On Mar 16, 2019
Of course, You can do your masters

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by lonelydora: 8:35am On Mar 16, 2019
Whatever your plan is, always remember the world is run by people who didn't go to school.

Don't lose your self-esteem. A friend of mine who had 3rd class back in school now employs some of his classmates who had 1.1, 2.1, and 2.2 in his group of companies

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:35am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
grin grin grin you can do mistress no be only masters

Go do postgraduate studies first joooor

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by OboOlora(f): 8:35am On Mar 16, 2019
Education isn’t for everyone!

Op, if u r:
Hausa: go and be selling kilishi
Igbo: go n be selling cocaine
Yoruba: go n join MColuomo as political thug!

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by money121(m): 8:35am On Mar 16, 2019
Ok
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by kennyjam: 8:35am On Mar 16, 2019
Ok
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by patrice1235: 8:36am On Mar 16, 2019
Of course you can
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 16, 2019
Depends on the 3rd class GP.

If its 2.8/4 you can.

If its 2.8/5 you can't

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Thermodynamics(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2019
Try to study outside Nigeria, the Nigerian educational system has victimized a lot of people, there are so many graduates out there who were given less than what they deserve.
Do your masters outside Nigeria to prevent stories.
If you don't have the money, there are countless scholarship you can apply for, don't worry about your grade, the whites don't discriminate like us.

5 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Eliteklaus(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2019
Try a foreign university, maybe in Benin republic
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by hakeem4(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2019
Yes you can do. But I would advice you to get work experience first

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards - 2017/2018 / BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education / Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.