Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? (47745 Views)

"If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
self esteem ke, that's not even remotely related.... I knew I could do better, besides my "thirdie was not academically related... I just want to know how it works... I'd googled up much on the PDG.. embarassed

Studied political science... offcourse, I have and nd I'm still learning self...
How do you guys study an easy course that doesn't involve calculation and still come out with third class. You obviously were not reading.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 16, 2019
mide419:

Hi,
Please see below our Undergraduate and Post Graduate entry requirements.
The tuition fees are on the attached course lists.
We have 3 intakes in a year - January, May and September (September is the Major Intake
when most courses are available)
We have a Campus in Coventry (All Courses) , Scarborough (Undergraduate with low tuition and
flexible entry requirements) and London (our Business Campus - students interested in the
London Campus Business courses and MBA will not be required to have years of experience to
be admitted)
We accept As and Bs in WAEC/WASSC, NECO, GCE, IGCSE + A Levels result and
other accepted country specific O'Level results directly into year 1.
Please note that we now accept applications from under 18 applicants (17,16,15 - subject to
approval) directly into year 1.
Our students do not need to write IELTS provided they have at least an C6 English Language
result in their O'Level result. (Please send only your WAEC, NECO or GCE result if you have
one. DO NOT SEND BOTH WAEC AND IELTS)
We accept 2:1 and 2:2 for postgraduate studies. Students with a 3rd class go to the 3rd year of
related courses in Scarborough and CU Coventry, get a brand new degree after one year from a
list of related courses (attached) and proceed for their masters.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if your application is rejected just to be sure as some
applications are rejected because of badly written personal statement or when it is
impossible to contact a student.
We also offer one year top up program for registered nurses and HND holders and we also offer
the Global Leaders program which afford our students opportunity to travel outside of the UK
during their study with us.
The following courses were previously available to UK/EU students only, but will now be
available to international students:
• BSc Adult Nursing
• BSc Children and Young People’s Nursing
• BSc Learning Disabilities Nursing
• BSc Mental Health Nursing
Please do not hesitate to contact me for further inquiries 07030246270 (whatsapp available)
Thank you.
Regards,

Your school seems to compromise way too much to d extent it seems shitty & desperate for students. Sorry if you feel offended but that was just my observation from what you posted

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by EngrKem: 10:11am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:

Bruv you don’t need to paint me black.. It’s in your destiny we were only gonna meet on Nairaland and not in person... Were you sleeping in school that would make you graduate with a THIRD CLASS ? Besides I own a real estate / construction company What you earn is like a peanut compared to the revenue generated in my
Company ! In my company there ain’t room for slackers so your third class degree is a No for me! Remember I ain’t bragging !!!
For pets sake!! U probably didn't go to a good uni or read a professional course if not, u would understand better! Try Unilag,UI, Oau n Unn!the 3rdies here wlll lecture u sef! @Op, if u finished wth 3rd in a professional course like engineering, law etc! U can achieve anything u want because u r latently intelligent abi natio . Don't mind ppl like dante

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by bot101(m): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2019
millionboi2:
u are d illiterate not to have known dat thy is no much difference btw mama put and Mr Biggs xpt packaging,so u can learn from me by pickin up dat family known line and transform it...I'm a graduate,proudly an Entrepreneur,I can afford to pay u 200k salary so mind wat u type here.....it irritates me wen ppl under paid employment boast about dia salary.

Ppl like u will be busy making noise in ur neighbor hood and ignorantly intimidating ppl who don't know how poor u are.yes! bcoz u are limited in time and in cash.

Please in ur next quote,b4 u use d word illiterate in d quote,go back to ur dictionary and ch.bheck d real meaning of illiteracy.

Buhahahaha!!!!! I understand you very well, you probably own a a fried indomie joint down the next street and therefore are an 'entrepreneur'. Also, if you know the smallest thing about entrepreneurship, then you won't even have this mindset in the first place as it is the mindset of a failure waiting to happen...if it already hasn't happened.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by maybel(m): 10:15am On Mar 16, 2019
martolux:
"I knew I could do better, besides my "thirdie was not academically related" how??
I guess this is the reason he had third class in the first place. He wouldn't take advice from anyone
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Frezhkid10(m): 10:18am On Mar 16, 2019
What about HND...can I get direct entry for msc with my HND??
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by millionboi2: 10:19am On Mar 16, 2019
bot101:

Buhahahaha!!!!! I understand you very well, you probably own a a fried indomie joint down the next street and therefore are an 'entrepreneur'. Also, if you know the smallest thing about entrepreneurship, then you won't even have this mindset in the first place as it is the mindset of a failure waiting to happen...if it already hasn't happened.
if at all for any reason u wouldn't take action over ur decision,let it not be fear....OK

To fear failure is to end average#Shalom
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by ttmax09(m): 10:19am On Mar 16, 2019
StoneLucifer:
Nobody gives third class degree holder employment these days and nobody admits 3rd class for masters degree directly. Go for PGD first and go and establish a trade..
In private establishment bah. Cos i know quite a number of people that are 3rd class holders and working in federal ministries and immigration and co

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by blaqtom(m): 10:21am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:
Even if you do PHD the highest you can get in Nigeria is Night shift supervisor in an Hotel in Lagos...

Salary 30k tops, excludes benefits like health,house but may be you can get allowance on Transport 200 naira per day x 30 days 6k so you should get up to 40k per month max!
obi c wetin u align
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 10:23am On Mar 16, 2019
Haha, I don't let such comments bother me at all... I knew I'd get the stick bringing it here, and I have also gotten some good info's already....

I had known before long I was having an extra,Made some mistakes which I paid in FULL,not necessarily academics cuz I didnt have no single carryover...issues with my project though...

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by quickberry(m): 10:27am On Mar 16, 2019
HAkorehdeh:
Forgive me for this! But if you're really interest in schooling, you wouldn't have graduated with a third class. You don't have to do what others are doing. How about looking into what your interested in? What suits you yourself as a profession.
I've never seen any job taking a third class even with masters. You better find something else you are passionate about. Book is not fit everybody and no be everybody go work for office.

Pot calling kettle black

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 10:32am On Mar 16, 2019
uvie66:
are you OK, a third class means you barely got 50% in all your modules, in other words you struggled. How then can you can you do or cope with the advanced stage of the course.
that was not the true representation of things,i struggled, but not with my academics. The more reason I'd like to embark on the advanced stage of things....
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by bot101(m): 10:33am On Mar 16, 2019
millionboi2:
if at all for any reason u wouldn't take action over ur decision,let it not be fear....OK

To fear failure is to end average#Shalom

Nah...that's not what I am saying. The moment you look down on others (like you've done to people with paid employment), that very moment, your failure as an employer of labour begins because guess what, your staff are in that class of people, and will inevitably be the cause of your business failure. Also, if you recruit staff based on academic qualifications, and not skill, you will be on the losing end because skill trumps academic qualifications anyday, anytime!!

There are certain risks true entrepreneurs never take because they amount to gambling. You take informed risks (even though there's a fear of failure) which greatly reduces chances of failure. Uninformed risks on the other hand (gambling) has a much higher chance of failure as well as the same fear factor of informed risks. Skill over certificate is one of these informed risks, because you can already measure staff performance even before they start working with you, cost less to manage and train, and have higher output/better results. Looking at certificate on the other hand, especially in a Nigerian society where grades are literally bought with money, is a perfect recipe for disaster!!!! Look beyond the certificate!!!!

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by PennywysCares(m): 10:33am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
Hi, I finished with a Third Class degree in a Federal university and my question is, can I do masters or other higher qualifications....
this question you brought to social media shows you brain is really a very dull one
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 16, 2019
Cumpel1615:
and who told u 2.8 is a third class?

Actually 2.7/4 is 3rd class in my school. 2.8/4 is a weak lower
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 16, 2019
You can. Do a PGD, pass well and you can do a masters. I know of someone who had a third class in Chemistry, he did a PGD, masters and went on to do a PhD in record time. it can be done
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by bong4(m): 10:37am On Mar 16, 2019
In Nigeria, you have to do a PGD before your masters. And you must have an upper credit at least. What is your discipline?
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 10:38am On Mar 16, 2019
CirocBoi:

Just be connected, I know someone with 3rd class that works in chevron
it's not even about this one.... Everybody knows someone in chevron big companies etc... It's not about pity or anything,i just would like to seek more knowledge is all...
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Besto(m): 10:38am On Mar 16, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
Depends on the 3rd class GP.

If its 2.8/4 you can.

If its 2.8/5 you can't

How is 2.8 on a 5 gp scale, a 3rd class.

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by quickberry(m): 10:39am On Mar 16, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Actually 2.7/4 is 3rd class in my school. 2.8/4 is a weak lower

Which school is that?
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2019
PennywysCares:
this question you brought to social media shows you brain is really a very dull one
thanks for the patronage
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by sommyboi(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2019
When you think of how badly people speak of you because of your grade, remember Wole Soyinka and keep pushing.

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by royalnose: 10:41am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:
Even do PHD the highest you can get in Nigeria is Night shift supervisor in an Hotel in Lagos...

Salary 30k tops, excludes benefits like health,house but may be you can get allowance on Transport 200 naira per day x 30 days 6k so you should get up to 40k per month max!
Werey! Leleyi o
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by ttmax09(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:

Bruv you don’t need to paint me black.. It’s in your destiny we were only gonna meet on Nairaland and not in person... Were you sleeping in school that would make you graduate with a THIRD CLASS ? Besides I own a real estate / construction company What you earn is like a peanut compared to the revenue generated in my
Company ! [s]In my company there ain’t room for slackers so your third class degree is a No for m[/s]e! Remember I ain’t bragging !!!
Why do people always think that 3rd class graduates are academically dull. Let me tell u a story, During my undergraduates days 1 of the best guys in my class did graduate with a 3rd. Dude was good practically, bt couldn't cope with the academics reason being that he was not a good crammer. And sure u know if you ain't a good crammer nothing for u in Nigeria uni's. To cut the long story short dude is now in Canada working with a multinational. PS this guy helped most of us with our project back then.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by awoluyi(m): 10:42am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:
Even if you do PHD the highest you can get in Nigeria is Night shift supervisor in an Hotel in Lagos...

You are a Destiny limiter one should run away from.

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by jetz(m): 10:43am On Mar 16, 2019
You re not alone, do your pgd den go for masters besides na who you know sure pass for naija now even with your pass with the right connections you re set for life
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by dante0147: 10:49am On Mar 16, 2019
awoluyi:

You are a Destiny limiter one should run away from.

Destiny limiter ? I bet you have ever helped anyone in your life... Swine!
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by bencliff2017: 10:50am On Mar 16, 2019
Na only God fit forgive you
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by AlphaT1(m): 10:51am On Mar 16, 2019
kinibigdeal:

Pgd is 18months I think. As per the amount, I have no idea
PGD is only two semesters.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by dante0147: 10:53am On Mar 16, 2019
ttmax09:
Why do people always think that 3rd class graduates are academically dull. Let me tell u a story, During my undergraduates days 1 of the best guys in my class did graduate with a 3rd. Dude was good practically, bt couldn't cope with the academics reason being that he was not a good crammer. And sure u know if you ain't a good crammer nothing for u in Nigeria uni's. To cut the long story short dude is now in Canada working with a multinational. PS this guy helped most of us with our project back then.

I never thought so at first until the guy said some words that made me feel 3rd class holders are dull but I have always known not all of them are...
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by frozen70(f): 11:02am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
Hi, I finished with a Third Class degree in a Federal university and my question is, can I do masters or other higher qualifications....

Don't take my advice personal
You would have read very hard to get a second class be it higher or lower than spending more to get a masters

Most labour markets are after first degree not second degree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) / Madonna University Builds Nigeria’s Longest/largest Exams Hall / University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.