Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? (47728 Views)

"If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by bot101(m): 9:42am On Mar 16, 2019
millionboi2:
mumu

Times dat ur salary by 12months datz wat some entrepreneur use to buy goods monthly and make more turn.

Its foolishness/cowardice to pick salary over profit.

Lol, let's stay on track here and not digress. We are all educated I believe (although the Nigerian education system is utter crap, so I'll understand if you can't argue intelligently), so you probably know we aren't discussing entrepreneurship vs paid employment. We are discussing degree level vs salary attached. Stop being an illiterate.

PS: I didn't even apply for the job, and rejected offers from 4 different companies between my fourth year in university (2016) and now. So, if you can't see beyond inaccurate qualifications of your intelligence level by people who aren't properly equipped to make that decision, then maybe, just maybe, they are right about your intelligence level...equivalent to ink on paper.

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by castrol180(m): 9:43am On Mar 16, 2019
LiveByNight:
[img]https://media1./images/41623c30893884b0cd1b2d696a3abd33/tenor.gif?itemid=9495358[/img]

Smh

The fact you have this mindset about being a their calls graduate shows you how limited your reasoning is.
You already sound defeated and uninspired

Dude alot of companies won't hire you when they spot this mindset in you

Why are you always filled with bitterness and sorrow that makes you type anyhow here?

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by EngrKem: 9:44am On Mar 16, 2019
lielbree:

I finished with 3rd class too. Yes you can do masters. You have to do PGD first. I just completed mine and I've gotten admission for masters.

All the best.
Which uni and how many years was ur pgd?
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by dante0147: 9:48am On Mar 16, 2019
irumole1975:

Lol. Right but you typed with your brain shut

Why?

The only on I know that comment thrashly on Nairaland is Victorian. Don't join her pls

It’s you who needs deliverance to have your brain reopened because I wonder how my comment of which I wasn’t in anyway referring to you, affects yours closed brain?
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Davide020(m): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
Hi, I finished with a Third Class degree in a Federal university and my question is, can I do masters or other higher qualifications....
YOU GET Primary 6 Result you won go do master abi?
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by ernesterioo(f): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2019
yes you can , with a third class you can apply for a masters degree in personnel psychology (M.PP) in the university of Ibadan. it is a professional course tho . you can pm me for more details, apart from this course, we have some other professional courses that accept third class

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 16, 2019
castrol180:

Why are you always filled with bitterness and sorrow that makes you type anyhow here?

See this one ? If you lack comprehension skills and now you are typing rubbish

[img]https://media1./images/41623c30893884b0cd1b2d696a3abd33/tenor.gif?itemid=9495358[/img]
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Bin4ry: 9:50am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
Hi, I finished with a Third Class degree in a Federal university and my question is, can I do masters or other higher qualifications....

Find small change and go to a college abroad if you cant afford a UNI
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 9:51am On Mar 16, 2019
LiveByNight:

Smh

The fact you have this mindset about being a their calls graduate shows you how limited your reasoning is.

you saying nonsense ..
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
you saying nonsense ..

Shut up

If you don't know anything
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Godsknight(m): 9:54am On Mar 16, 2019
Oooops:
OP, pls take this from someone that has done a PGD before. Don't waste your time and money.
PGD is a waste of time.
I'll tell u why:
First they tell you it 18months. Trust me u will spend much longer. It can get up to three years. Universities don't pay attention to PGD students hence na anytime dey like dem dey attend to them. I spent close to three years for PGD at Unizik. Still even waiting for the result since 2014.

Secondly, you spend a while lot of money. You may think you'll pay ur fees maybe once or twice, trust me it can get up to thrice, d fees don't stop from one story to another.

Thirdly even if you do 4 PGD's the first point of call when applying for anything is your first degree. When it doesn't meet their 1.1 or 2.1 your PGD doesn't matter. PGD doesn't cover your first degree by anymeans. Only few firms or properly lecturing MAY give u audience.

My Advice
Apply for a D.E start from 300level and get a good first degree.
Or Go do professional courses, well known ones. The ACA, the ICAN, belong to a professional body, etc.
you are very correct sir... Uniben business administration dept is the worst when it comes to running PGD. My brother, most departments don't pay serious attention to PGD students. I see running PGD in some departments as a waste of financial resources. At least one will pay tuition fee for three or four sessions

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Harbeeorlar(m): 9:54am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:
Even if you do PHD the highest you can get in Nigeria is Night shift supervisor in an Hotel in Lagos...

Salary 30k tops, excludes benefits like health,house but may be you can get allowance on Transport 200 naira per day x 30 days 6k so you should get up to 40k per month max!

To the best of your reasoning or believe. I finished with 3rd class and i am earning 140k. Its not all about grade/qualification, your potential/skill is needed somehwere

4 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by dante0147: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2019
bot101:

Hahaha!! Ignorant shit!! I work full time at a company in Lagos right now and started with a 150k salary and company accomodation and guess what? They haven't even seen my degree till date!! Don't know what I studied, and don't care to know, so in a nutshell, shut the Bleep up, and go find a bearing to your miserable life!!!

If I don’t give a fu(k if you work or not, or how much you collect then what makes you think I would give 2 fu(ks? You are just a retarded fellow with no single epitome of reasoning and mind you I don’t blame your so called company for employing you without checking your credentials because people who are myopic and don’t reason work together... I am sure if they get to see your result you Only God knows what would happen..

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by dante0147: 9:56am On Mar 16, 2019
Harbeeorlar:

To the best of your reasoning or believe. I finished with 3rd class and i am earning 140k. Its not all about grade/qualification, your potential/skill is needed somehwere

Good for you.. Think about 3rd degree holders including the one who started this post cause if he had a clue he won’t start this post in the first place and even talking about going for masters you didn’t go too before you got your 140k job..
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by awelas252(m): 9:56am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:

Yes, you can do masters, but you have to do Pdg for one year. However, you should not allow the issue of third class to bother your. You can end up becoming a prof if you wish.

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 9:57am On Mar 16, 2019
lonelydora:
Whatever your plan is, always remember the world is run by people who didn't go to school.

Don't lose your self-esteem. A friend of mine who had 3rd class back in school now employs some of his classmates who had 1.1, 2.1, and 2.2 in his group of companies
my self esteem is very very intact... Made a costly mistake back in school, like I said it was not academically related and I think I Sabi book small....

I just want to know if it won't deny me some opportunities, and from what I can seduces from yesterday, it's very doable, though with a longer time frame....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by EngrKem: 9:57am On Mar 16, 2019
etrouble:

He has no self esteem to lose. Anyone with a little self esteem will not go to school and fail out with a third class. Go and start learning Fashion Design before you get old and unable to learn again. I will tell you the truth even if it hurts, that's what makes a true friend. So, get angry if you want to. Later you will realize that you truly deserve to be flogged at the market square for wasting the nation and your parents resources.

But, do you also know that you can make a new decision and resolution to make a change? You can go for PGD, learn a trade or even start afresh. The decision is in your hand.

Fvck off! Everything has a grade! 3rdie is just a grade and there is a place for excellence for him just like the 1st n 2.1 if he determines! Work place exploit is different from classroom

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:57am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:

If you don’t believe people can do big things then I don’t think you see your self doing big things ... Do you know me? Have you ever met me ? To call me a liar that shows how myopic and block headed you are as a person... because I won’t call you a liar knowing too well I have never met you neither have I had anything to do with your filthy THIRD DEGREE LIFE! I don’t need to start trading words with you knowing too well you have nothing to bring to the table except your third degree brain ... Keep basking in the euphoria of your third degree you hungry waif...
bro, big boys don't come to Nairaland bragging

Besides, big boys aren't this petty

that's how I got to know you are telling lies

I'll ignore you nextime

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Isoduwa(m): 9:57am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:

No ...but you can do house boy �� everybody nor fit be master
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by grandstar(m): 9:58am On Mar 16, 2019
ayenika1:
Try as much as possible to do PGD in your required field. For instance, if you intend studying Chemistry at Master's level, let your PGD also align with Chemistry for easy Master's application. Best of luck bro..!

twentyk

what if he read Yoruba? grin
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:00am On Mar 16, 2019
LiveByNight:

I never did contract employment , I guess we all have different stars

I started with custodian allied and from there to African petroleum from there the rest was history

My point Is never felt bad of inferior
I looked life in the eye and took her own
.that's the spirit one needs to succeed
i believe you bro
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by twentyk(m): 10:00am On Mar 16, 2019
Oooops:
OP, pls take this from someone that has done a PGD before. Don't waste your time and money.
PGD is a waste of time.
I'll tell u why:
First they tell you it 18months. Trust me u will spend much longer. It can get up to three years. Universities don't pay attention to PGD students hence na anytime dey like dem dey attend to them. I spent close to three years for PGD at Unizik. Still even waiting for the result since 2014.

Secondly, you spend a while lot of money. You may think you'll pay ur fees maybe once or twice, trust me it can get up to thrice, d fees don't stop from one story to another.

Thirdly even if you do 4 PGD's the first point of call when applying for anything is your first degree. When it doesn't meet their 1.1 or 2.1 your PGD doesn't matter. PGD doesn't cover your first degree by anymeans. Only few firms or properly lecturing MAY give u audience.

My Advice
Apply for a D.E start from 300level and get a good first degree.
Or Go do professional courses, well known ones. The ACA, the ICAN, belong to a professional body, etc.
thank you
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 16, 2019
lonelydora:
Whatever your plan is, always remember the world is run by people who didn't go to school.

Don't lose your self-esteem. A friend of mine who had 3rd class back in school now employs some of his classmates who had 1.1, 2.1, and 2.2 in his group of companies

Which one be 1.1 again?

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by dante0147: 10:02am On Mar 16, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
bro, big boys don't come to Nairaland bragging

Besides, big boys aren't this petty

that's how I got to know you are telling lies

I'll ignore you nextime

The truth they say is always bitter ... Lol That same Petty is what you can’t get with your THIRD DEGREE ceritificate !!! Live with that ! grin
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by kingreign(m): 10:02am On Mar 16, 2019
OboOlora:
Education isn’t for everyone!

Op, if u r:
Hausa: go and be selling kilishi
Igbo: go n be selling cocaine
Yoruba: go n join MColuomo as political thug!

A completely misplaced comment coming at the wrong time from the wrong person.

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by akaahs(m): 10:02am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
how do I go about it... The duration, amount... Gimme some kind of idea pls...
it varies from uni to uni, we paid 124k for now, i don't know if we gonna pay anoda amount. Pls that amount is only fees ooo. Mine is uni abuja civil engr. Hala me for any question.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by jericco1(m): 10:02am On Mar 16, 2019
northvietnam:

So u shameless had a third class in ordinary political science of all courses...

You are such a joke

this is unnecessary guy, if you have reasonable advice, give otherwise GTFO
BTW no course is "ordinary"......

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by chewbacca: 10:03am On Mar 16, 2019
LiveByNight:

Smh

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Mohammed5525: 10:03am On Mar 16, 2019
You must do pgd post graduate diploma it's just two years
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by bot101(m): 10:03am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:

If I don’t give a fu(k if you work or not, or how much you collect then what makes you think I would give 2 fu(ks? You are just a retarded fellow with no single epitome of reasoning and mind you I don’t blame your so called company for employing you without checking your credentials because people who are myopic and don’t reason work together... I am sure if they get to see your result you Only God knows what would happen..

Says a nobody to a company that has raised $480k in foreign investments, and currently raising another $1m from other foreign investors. Bro, you are very smart ooo!! Very very smart!!!

Side note to other readers: he probably doesn't know what foreign investment is, so y'all can advice him to Google it, at least he'd learn something new today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by ttmax09(m): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2019
Oblongata:
May your heart desires be yours. .

Go for PGD or advanced diploma

But if I were you, i would go for another degree or same degree in a distant learning University (like noun),
Let him google top up degrees. Some universities in Nigeria are doing it.

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by millionboi2: 10:08am On Mar 16, 2019
bot101:

Lol, let's stay on track here and not digress. We are all educated I believe (although the Nigerian education system is utter crap, so I'll understand if you can't argue intelligently), so you probably know we aren't discussing entrepreneurship vs paid employment. We are discussing degree level vs salary attached. Stop being an illiterate.
u are d illiterate not to have known dat thy is no much difference btw mama put and Mr Biggs xpt packaging,so u can learn from me by pickin up dat family known line and transform it...I'm a graduate,proudly an Entrepreneur,I can afford to pay u 200k salary so mind wat u type here.....it irritates me wen ppl under paid employment boast about dia salary.

Ppl like u will be busy making noise in ur neighbor hood and ignorantly intimidating ppl who don't know how poor u are.yes! bcoz u are limited in time and in cash.

Please in ur next quote,b4 u use d word illiterate in d quote,go back to ur dictionary and check d real meaning of illiteracy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is Your 2019 JAMB Score? / Akin Baruwa Jailed 21 Years For Raping Admission Seeker / Fatima Bombom-Sani Shines At Nigeria Law School, Breaks Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.