Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos (18439 Views)

The Silent Richest Igbo Man / A Soldier Killed A Man, See The Soldier That Killed Him / Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
Osagyefo98:

The boy is from cross river

Fear him

Cc

Senatordave1

grin ok
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Ilovemystate: 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2019
Joromi12:
mr Ernest is one of the reasons diamond bank had to go under. He owes several banks huge loans running into billions of naira which he cannot service. All those planes and chopper are bot with loans and they generate so little to service it. He took over 30b from gtb for his lagos office go there and see how empty it is with no one renting it . He only uses 3 out of 15 floors how does he repay. All the money he took for neconde projects he no still pay. Diamond bank, union bank, access bank GTB bank he owes them all over 200m usd. Rich man my foot. How do i know I worked there lol

Otondo read more about Neconde he owns

ML 42 Asset Overview

OML 42 is located onshore West Delta with an area of 814 km2. OML 42 has 7 fields which have produced hydrocarbons and 5 undeveloped discoveries. The 2P reserves stand at 600 MMbbls.

Production in OML 42 commenced in 1969 and attained a peak gross production rate of about 250,000 boepd in 1974. Production, primarily of oil, from Egwa, Batan, Ajuju, Odidi and Jones Creek fields continued until early 2005 when the producing fields were shut in due to security issues in the Niger Delta area. At this time production stood at 50,000 bopd and 80 MMScf/d of natural gas. In February 2011, Batan and Ajuju fields, producing 15,000 bopd, were rehabilitated and re-opened by Shell (SPDC) before the divestment of its 45% interest to Neconde, while the 55% interest belonging to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), was assigned to the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), NNPC’s E&P subsidiary.

In early 2012, Neconde and NPDC agreed a work program to rehabilitate the remaining shut-in fields, namely, Odidi, Jones Creek and Egwa to reopen about 80 wells for production. In October 2013, rehabilitation works started in Odidi field and it was re-opened in October 2014. Odidi is currently producing at 22,000 bopd. Rehabilitation works at Jones Creek started in July 2014 and was completed in August 2015. Production from Jones Creek currently stands as 36,000 bopd. Egwa rehabilitation has commenced and is expected to complete in 2019 with production of 20,000 bopd.

In addition to oil, OML-42 has up to 6 TCF of gas resources that are planned to be developed in the next 4-5 years towards delivering about 500 MMScf/d to the domestic gas market. The gas development will also monetise a significant amount of condensate resources. Currently the NPDC/Neconde Joint Venture is rehabilitating the Odidi gas Central Processing Facility to bring the first tranche of 80 MMScf/d of gas to the domestic market by end-2018.
Facility Capabilities

OML 42 has a total of 7 flow stations with a combined capacity of 345,000 barrels of liquid per day. As at Q1, 2018, the Batan, Jones Creek and Odidi Flow Stations are operational, while Egwa will be re-opened in 2019. The liquids are transported to the Forcados Export Terminal via the Trans-Forcados Pipeline (TFP).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2019
IwantToShashe:

grin ok

He belong to the evil party apc

Cc

Senatordave1

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Ilovemystate: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2019
Gobowen E&P own by Nestoil group

Gobowen is an Oil and Gas Exploration and Production company. Gobowen holds a 45% interest in Oriri Marginal Field (OML 88) shallow offshore Niger Delta. In 2013, Gobowen acquired 51% participating interest in OPL 917 (onshore block).

Gobowen holds a major stake in the Neconde Energy Limited consortium which acquired the 45% equity in the Oil Mining Licence 42 (OML 42) in April, 2011. OML 42 contains 12 developed oil fields located in the swamps in the Niger Delta Area of Nigeria. Full production from the block is estimated at 100,000 – 150,000 barrels per day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Ilovemystate: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
kayfra:

"In May last year, the Chairman, Obijackson Group, Dr Ernest Azudialu-Obiejesi, said the group had yet to repay the $558m bank loan used to acquire 45 per cent interest in Oil Mining Lease 42 from Shell, Total and Agip Joint Venture in 2011, through which its upstream subsidiary, Neconde Energy Limited, was created."

Most indigenous oil companies are in debt to the teeth. So he isn't the only one in deep debt

https://punchng.com/indigenous-oil-firms-battle-for-survival-as-debts-hit-banks/
Yoruba media, even Dangote, Adenuga and other billionaires are seriously indebted to banks but they are serving their debts that's why AMCON couldnt list them on their list

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by kayfra: 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ilovemystate:

Yoruba media, even Dangote, Adenuga and other billionaires are seriously indebted to banks but they are serving their debts that's why AMCON couldnt list them on their list

Did you see AMCON anywhere in my post? He hasn't started paying the significant debt used in structuring OML42 as stated. It's not unusual for what he does. But he isn't servicing his loan
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Hedonisst: 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
dokiOloye:
lolz.
That means you don't know about Arthur.
What is Arthur doing with political patronage when he no longer has any business concern in Nigeria or can you name any?Triax airline n co have folded since naa.
Arthur has interests/oil wells in all these small African countries that discovered oil in the 90s till today and even in Texas too.
I know of all these cos I'm friends with one his PAs.

My brother, since you know his PA, let's arrange to meet him. I have something he would fund big time. Haven't been able to arrange a meeting since the last time I managed to see him.
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by senatordave1(m): 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Cc

Senatordave1
Julius malema,stop this childishness

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by senatordave1(m): 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2019
IwantToShashe:

IBU Onye Oraifite nwanne m ?
No sir,am not even ibo but i served at anambra.kindly caution osagyefo to behave himself.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by OMANBALA1: 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2019
Why havent Obiano mobilized these wealthy Omanbalas to fund a power project that will fix our electricity problems which has stagnated our industrial growth ? My philosophy is UMUNNA NWEZUO AKU!

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by senatordave1(m): 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Cc

Senatordave1
This isn't a political discussion thread,dont bring politics here or derail it with your infantile rants.the op didnt say that the thread is off limits to igbos alone.anyone who has a good knowledge of igbo businessmen can contribute

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by senatordave1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
OMANBALA1:
Why havent Obiano mobilized these wealthy Omanbalas to fund a power project that will fix our electricity problems which has stagnated our industrial growth ? My philosophy is UMUNNA NWEZUO AKU!
I agree with you but at the community level,these individuals have done a lot.one of the reasons why anambra is heavily urbanised and developed is because private individuals contribute heavily to community development without even waiting for government permission or move.perhaps,they should do more.i wish my state can copy the anambra model
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ilovemystate:

Can you show me Nestoil on Amcon list
i worked somewhere and had access to what i am saying. Ur showing me link smh
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ilovemystate:

Open this link and show me nestoil

FULL LIST: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim… Here are AMCON’s 105 top debtors

https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-ifeanyi-ubah-jimoh-ibrahim-here-are-amcons-105-top-debtors
have u heard of the term restructured loan Novice like u

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Airtimex(m): 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
zlantanfan:
Their you go again, dude has secured an ipo in the london stock exchange but isnt big enough to make it on forbes.

It isn't an issue of low profile or not (zugerberg, adenuga and a host of shy billionaire with IPOs are on Forbes once you have a big enough trading profile

What is the problem bro...

We have alot of things bothering us in this country, than discussing about Forbes and turning every thread into argument or tribal war...

This topic is supposed to be the richest in igbo land not according to Forbes. Let's try and live as one plz...we mustn't argue always plz
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
zlantanfan:
lol, seems you know the guy pretty well.

Damn I hate borrowers billionaires, from what you explained he is in deep debt mess.

Wait u mean 30billion for that office building alone?

When the almighty gherkin office building in London cost £800m
baba come the office its damn empty no one has rented in since it opened in 2016. So how e go pay back The planes and chopper too pple prefer bristow and one other one like that. If u work for these so called rich men u go cry for this country. People just dey take loan dey wont pay back. Ben bruce collect 11b den e no gree pay

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Ilovemystate: 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
Joromi12:
i worked somewhere and had access to what i am saying. Ur showing me link smh
You work there as a cleaner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
senatordave1:

This isn't a political discussion thread,dont bring politics here or derail it with your infantile rants.the op didnt say that the thread is off limits to igbos alone.anyone who has a good knowledge of igbo businessmen can contribute

Please don't contribute, avoid igbo

U not a good friend or a brother.
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ilovemystate:

You work there as a cleaner
and a cleaner knows about the business ba . U no get sense. Keep reading hype online u hear

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by zlantanfan: 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
Joromi12:
baba come the office its damn empty no one has rented in since it opened in 2016. So how e go pay back The planes and chopper too pple prefer bristow and one other one like that. If u work for these so called rich men u go cry for this country. People just dey take loan dey wont pay back. Ben bruce collect 11b den e no gree pay
u don't mean it.

Bristow has that private charter monopoly as always, i tend to believe you easily regard that aviation niche.

It seems he is better successful at oil/drilling industry how true is this?
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2019
zlantanfan:
u don't mean it.

Bristow has that private charter monopoly as always, i tend to believe you easily regard that aviation niche.

It seems he is better successful at oil/drilling industry how true is this?
was making money pre dat oil crash. Now the money e dey make no fit service hin loans . D man self smart has many companies so dem go dey share d loans lol
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Ilovemystate: 6:07pm On Mar 21, 2019
kayfra:

Did you see AMCON anywhere in my post? He hasn't started paying the significant debt used in structuring OML42 as stated. It's not unusual for what he does. But he isn't servicing his loan

Southwest with their silly propaganda and pull Igbo down syndrome he hasn't paid and AMCON yet to seize his properties, very bitter tribe

6 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by kayfra: 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ilovemystate:

Southwest with their silly propaganda and pull Igbo down syndrome he has paid and AMCON yet to seize his properties, very bitter tribe

What does anything in the post have to do with his igboness?

You said he is probably the richest igbo man and facts says you should look elsewhere. Dude is indebted to the gills and most importantly, he isn't paying the debt. So obviously insolvency issues. Look for another igbo man
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Ilovemystate: 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
Joromi12:
was making money pre dat oil crash. Now the money e dey make no fit service hin loans . D man self smart has many companies so dem go dey share d loans lol

Can you mention any billionaire in Africa without owing banks loans ??
?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ilovemystate:

Can you mention any billionaire in Africa without owing banks loans ??
?
if u take loans and you pay as at when due then ur really rich. But if u take loans and dont pay use it to buy many cars, buy jets and choppers u use mostly and cant pay back loans then u be scammer na. Go ask dozie wetin d man do hin bank .
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by senatordave1(m): 6:20pm On Mar 21, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Please don't contribute, avoid igbo

U not a good friend or a brother.
I am although my political affiliation and feelings may differ with that of most.that doesn't mean we cant relate in other aspects

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by gidgiddy: 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2019
I remember when Obiejesi started Nestoil with his wife. I'm happy he has grown from strength to strength

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by zlantanfan: 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2019
Joromi12:
I am quite certain the Nestoil Tower in vi would appreciate with time sha (but i won't do that for 30billion).

Those charter would always be a big drag back in Nigeria (but would do well in the uae/qatar).

If truly he has those assets at oml 42 then it was best investment. (Steady flow)

Sometimes boys just wan spread hand for everything which can purge
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
senatordave1:

I am although my political affiliation and feelings may differ with that of most.that doesn't mean we cant relate in other aspects

Ur political affiliation has not in anyway favours us rather it kills, fights and diminish us.

U can only relate well with trusted allies.
Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Ilovemystate: 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2019
Joromi12:
if u take loans and you pay as at when due then ur really rich. But if u take loans and dont pay use it to buy many cars, buy jets and choppers u use mostly and cant pay back loans then u be scammer na. Go ask dozie wetin d man do hin bank .

Show me where AMCON is chasing NESTOIL

READ BELOW ABOUT HOW AMCON IS CHASING ADENUGA

SPECIAL REPORT: Adenuga’s Mountain of Debt: Several firms, AMCON chase billionaire for unpaid bills

ConOil, owned by Nigeria’s second richest man, is being pursued by creditors for a combined debt of over $140.5 million by two foreign and one local companies, PREMIUM TIMES has learned.

Despite making several pledges to pay, ConOil and other companies owned by Mr. Adenuga have reneged on paying the debts, multiple sources in the oil and gas sector have told this newspaper.

Things have got so bad that some of the creditor companies have either commenced or are considering commencing legal actions to force the billionaire businessman to pay up, having exhausted all options to make him honour promises and agreements to do so.

In fact, one company successful secured an interim order from a federal court to place one of Mr Adenuga’s companies under receivership.

The increasing debt profile of the telecom and oil mogul, who increased his net worth by almost $5 billion in the last year, according to luxury lifestyle magazine, Forbes, has hit some of his creditors so hard that they had to shut down some of their operations.

One of such companies is Depthwize, a local oil servicing company, which is owed $40 million by ConOil.

The refusal of the management of ConOil to pay Depthwize, a small drilling contractor, has forced the company to lay off workers and shut down services on two of ConOil’s rigs until the money is paid, those familiar with the matter said.

“Depthwize says it can no longer afford the day to day running cost of working on the rigs,” one source said.

Similarly, American oil and gas firm, Baker Hughes, was forced to lodge a court petition to wind up one of Mr Adenuga’s companies, Belbop Nigeria Limited, over a USD $12.09 million bill they have been trying to get the company to pay.

Baker Hughes argued that in 2009, Belbop awarded it a contract for the provision of directional drilling, MWD/LWD services and supply of drilling fluids and drilling bits, logging cabin and surface acquisition system.

The company told the court that after it duly discharged its obligation and rendered all requisite services, Belbop refused to pay. Baker Hughes said it incurred a liability of $9.4 million in the course of executing the contract.

On April 12, 2016, Babs Kuewumi of the Federal High Court in Lagos placed an interim injunction on the accounts of Belbop, pending the determination of the suit.

The judge therefore appointed the Chief Registrar of the Federal High Court as the receiver/manager of Belbop until the substantive suit is determined.

Mr. Adenuga is also causing multinational oil firm, Total, headache over a $28.5 million debt it owed the French oil giant since 2009.

Although Total is trying to resolve the debt problem without litigation, the refusal of Mr. Adenuga to pay the debt has forced the company to stop work on the OML 136 gas field. Total is ConOil’s technical partner in the project.

At a meeting held with Total in November 2015, it was agreed that ConOil would pay the $28.5 million dollars owed before January 31, 2016.

That meeting, which minutes is in the possession of PREMIUM TIMES, was chaired by Mr. Adenuga and attended by four executives from Total.

But those familiar with the matter told this newspaper Mr. Adenuga’s company was yet to pay up. All attempts by Total to make him release the money have failed, insiders said.

Some said they were baffled by Mr Adenuga’s refusal to pay Total the $28.5 million, which would have seen work commenced on the lucrative oil field.

The OML 136 asset is considered one of the largest gas fields in Nigeria, with a proven reserve of 11 trillion cubic feet (TCF) of gas.

The exploration of the oil assets can boost Nigeria’s economy by creating jobs and would have yielded massive return to Total and ConOil, experts say.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205953-special-report-adenugas-mountain-debt-several-firms-amcon-chase-billionaire-unpaid-bills.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by Ilovemystate: 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
Joromi12:

The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) has given a clean bill to Nestoil Plc with regard to an earlier impression that it had been barred from accessing credit from banks

https://allafrica.com/stories/201209220527.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos by kayfra: 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ilovemystate:

The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) has given a clean bill to Nestoil Plc with regard to an earlier impression that it had been barred from accessing credit from banks

https://allafrica.com/stories/201209220527.html

In 2012. 7 year old news

Dude isn't paying his debt as of last year. It takes time for bad loans to get to AMCON. Hopefully, his business will turnaround and he'll be solvent yet again.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogbu Emmanuel, EBSU SUG President Spent N10m Given To Students By Governor Umahi / ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers / Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.