Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,524 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER (31247 Views)

I’ve Never Seen INEC Server, But Yakubu Says It Exists - Osita Chidoka / Atiku, PDP Hacked INEC Server – APC Alleges / INEC Server Shows Buhari Lost 2019 Election - Atiku, PDP Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by rexwalters: 7:19am On Mar 31, 2019
odomanis:
The law protects the whistle blower. You cant reveal the identity of the whistle blower to the accused,in this case inec,apc and apc led fg
Don't be silly,it is only the FG that can protect the whistleblower,the whistle blower policy is the initiative of the same FG & it's agencies you are taking to court?

People should please remind pdp that they are not the ones that control the Federal Government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by stanliwise(m): 7:20am On Mar 31, 2019
peacettw:
Smart move. They can't say it was hacked cos that is a crime and hence the evidence won't be admissible in court.

But there is another problem. The whistleblower must be known otherwise this new story won't be taken seriously. Someone is about to be made infamous. Whoever the person may be, I know that his/her job will be on the line, and risks being sent to jail as well. In a sane country, the person will also need to be in protective custody to keep him safe. I don't see that happening in Nigeria.

Goodluck

Modified**
Perhaps we all should team up to create an iron clad story for PDP. How hard can this be?
The whistle blower is not needed, instead INEC should prove their innocence and then sue PDP for wrong accusation. If you're the whistleblower if you like bring your head forward as there are enough cutlass .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by peacettw: 7:21am On Mar 31, 2019
codedguy1:

Will that change the fact that the results he made available to the Atiku camp is false.

Yes he took a risk by supposedly blowing this type of whistle but if his evidence eventually gives victory to Atkins in the court would you say he did something bad or not?

We can never move forward when we allow injustice to prevail in our society.

INEC needs to prove the evidence is fake, then whoever the person is will then have to take the fall for providing fake evidence.

The little I know about lawyering is that you can't prove justice through illegal means. Take this hacking story for instance, why was it dropped? Cos the document was gotten through illegal means. Now this. Also being fraught with same issues?

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by BabaO2: 7:21am On Mar 31, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

So you think the opposition cannot pay the whistleblower 100 years salary to testify ? And fyi whistleblowers do not go to jail. Lastly, he can give his deposition by video securing his personal safety.

Let's face the real issues here : Buhari, Oshiomole INEC and APC are thieves and Atiku will prove it in court.
No evidence an individual can provide against an organisation, the individual or selected few will be termed as partisan or pdp moles in an independent commission.
In a sane clime, atiku should be facing serious crime charges in court for hacking or attempting to hack INEC database, there are substantial evidences that pdp used INEC templates to produce series of fake results

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Jidibia(m): 7:21am On Mar 31, 2019
codedguy1:

Thank you for this submission. Peacettw is just being clever by half by saying the whistleblower should report to a govt agency when we all know if he carries that evidence to police, efcc, dss, immigration, customs, nscdc, nia etc that that would be the end of his evidence and probably his life.

A thief stole something and you carry evidence against him to his associates. Taa.
You just killed it. That would be the end of his life and the evidence will be destroyed.
Fine, now that it has been made public and the whole world is aware now, the whistle blower can appear as a witness in the tribunal. And if anything happens to him then that shows APC stole the people's mandate.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by peacettw: 7:22am On Mar 31, 2019
stanliwise:
The whistle blower is not needed, instead INEC should prove their innocence and then sue PDP for wrong accusation. If you're the whistleblower if you like bring your head forward as there are enough cutlass .

This, they don't need a whistleblower. Most importantly, the PDP team needs to shut it and stop leaking their game plan for public consumption. It looks like they are grasping at straws here
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by tuniski: 7:24am On Mar 31, 2019
GavelSlam:

Much ado about nothing.

grin

Very much like Atiku's ambition...Dead in the water.
That is for the courts to decide not you. And if it is false or true as determined, it is called justice not DOA!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by omogidi234(m): 7:24am On Mar 31, 2019
Amitez:

FG approved whistleblowing law grin

grin grin grin cheesy grin. Agreed, but FG does not like competition!
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by codedguy1(m): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2019
Jidibia:

You just killed it. That would be the end of his life and the evidence will be destroyed.
Fine, now that it has been made public and the whole world is aware now, the whistle blower can appear as a witness in the tribunal. And if anything happens to him then that shows APC stole the people's mandate.

Thats what am trying to make peacettw understand.

In this country when people prefer to go with armed robbers than police is the same police you want someone to go for protection.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Jidibia(m): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2019
BabaO2:

No evidence an individual can provide against an organisation, the individual or selected few will be termed as partisan or pdp moles in an independent commission.
In a sane clime, atiku should be facing serious crime charges in court for hacking or attempting to hack INEC database, there are substantial evidences that pdp used INEC templates to produce series of fake results
Did I just read PDP moles in INEC? When INEC itself is partisan? Common say something better.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by buhariguy(m): 7:26am On Mar 31, 2019
inoki247:
The FG will soon say Whistleblower Fighting Back...
you they mind thief atiku,

APC has 100 whistleblowers that tell them how buhari massively won the election.

this is absurd,

how can whistleblower tell you what does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by tuniski: 7:27am On Mar 31, 2019
rexwalters:
Don't be silly,it is only the FG that can protect the whistleblower,the whistle blower policy is the initiative of the same FG & it's agencies you are taking to court?

People should please remind pdp that they are not the ones that control the Federal Government.
'Control FG' is for nigerians not apc!
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by stanliwise(m): 7:27am On Mar 31, 2019
peacettw:

This, they don't need a whistleblower. Most importantly, the PDP team needs to shut it and stop leaking their game plan for public consumption. It looks like they are grasping at straws here
They are doing the leaking based on desperation.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Jidibia(m): 7:28am On Mar 31, 2019
codedguy1:

In this country when people prefer to go with armed robbers than police is the same police you want someone to go for protection.
Lol..... Don't kill me with laughter this morning. The Nigerian Police are worst than criminals. Trust them at your own peril.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by peacettw: 7:28am On Mar 31, 2019
codedguy1:

embarassed I wish you will understand where I am driving at. I understand the risks perfectly well but then again the risks will still be there when the whistleblower shows up which he will.
Since he has decided to tow his path, why not follow the right path from the onset?
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Jidibia(m): 7:28am On Mar 31, 2019
tuniski:

Control FG is for niherians not apc!
God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by bluefilm: 7:29am On Mar 31, 2019
Jidibia:

You sound LIKE your moniker. The govt that stole the people's mandate right? And that is the reason the person did not report the case to those partisan security agencies because they will get him killed.

Nwoke m, shut up.

Mechie onu Biko.

Stole which mandate?

Did you even go out to vote to start with?

It is rigging whenever and wherever APC wins but free and fair whenever and wherever PDP wins.

What manner of stupid mentality is that? sad

Well sha, I wish atiku the Cameroonian good luck.

Let's just watch and see how he proves to all and sundry beyond every reasonable doubts that his so called mandate was actually stolen.

Jokers!
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by chuksbogus2001: 7:30am On Mar 31, 2019
GavelSlam:
Cannot be substantiated and would be duly thrown out of court .

Just the way you said in the case of INNOSSON and GTB

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by ramalex(m): 7:30am On Mar 31, 2019
modik:

Your submission looks baseless.

The whistle blower is a Nigerian who wants to protect his vote. However, in law, the source and means of obtaining a verifiable evidence is never subject of adjudication provided the evidence is authentic.

That alone has absolved the whistle blower from any injury at law.

Except inec comes out with superior evidence that the server report is not genuine which I doubt they can prove.

Na soh!

What are the conditions bounded by law on being an authentic whistleblower?

What happens in this case if blows the whistle other than what is signed into the law?

NB: base ur facts on the law of whistleblowing in the constitution to avoid ambiguity n confusion.

Deal with it.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by codedguy1(m): 7:31am On Mar 31, 2019
peacettw:

The little I know about lawyering is that you can't prove justice through illegal means. Take this hacking story for instance, why was it dropped? Cos the document was gotten through illegal means. Now this. Also being fraught with same issues?

What is the illegal means here? Whistleblowing or the fact that the guy did not take it to the 'authorities'

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 31, 2019
He went to the government, he went to senate president, who is the chairman of Atiku campaign, abi senate president no be part of government?
peacettw:

Nah. Just thinking like a layman. Both parties can use information as they will. And I am also inviting everyone else to pitch in as well. I am open to corrections

I just read through the whistleblower act passed in 2016.

In a nutshell, whistleblowers should report to the authorities in order to ensure their safety and concealment of their identity but this one chose to report to Atiku.

In situations, where a whistleblower can prove that monies have been stolen, he or she is entitled to a fraction of that money, otherwise, no renumeration is guaranteed in unrelated matters. Again, our whistleblower stands to benefit financially if he reports to Atiku.

And so on.

Perhaps the strangest thing here is that this INEC official turned whistleblower had chosen to give this document to Atiku rather than report to the authorities.
Isn't he a government official? Who better to protect your interest if not the government or the Police? Pray, what reasons did he have to go to Atiku? Was he being financially compensated to release the document? Or is he simply a matyr looking out for the public interest in ensuring that our mandate is well protected?

No one knows but he sure has a lot of questions to answer

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by bluefilm: 7:35am On Mar 31, 2019
rexwalters:

You dey mind dem?

Don't even bother to remind them.

They are too dumb to see the obvious.

Let them keep on entertaining us with their wailing.

Ndi nzuzu.

Whistle blowing gbukwaa unu ncha dia sad

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by peacettw: 7:35am On Mar 31, 2019
codedguy1:

What is the illegal means here? Whistleblowing or the fact that the guy did not take it to the 'authorities'

The latter. If onnoghen can go for a "no-case submission" in his trial because the CCT didn't go through the proper channels to prosecute him then same should apply here as well
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Jidibia(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2019
bluefilm:

Nwoke m, shut up.

Mechie onu Biko.

Stole which mandate?

Did you even go out to vote to start with?

It is rigging whenever and wherever APC wins but free and fair whenever and wherever PDP wins.

What manner of stupid mentality is that? sad

Well sha, I wish atiku the Cameroonian good luck.

Let's just watch and see how he proves to all and sundry that his so called mandate was actually stolen.

Jokers!
Who is this uncultured being? With your type in this country, this country is hopeless. Anyways, I would not trade words with you this beautiful Sunday morning. I don't have to answer you whether I vote or not because you are not a reasonable someone I should discuss politics with. All you guys know in this country is politics of hate and bitterness.
Those that lost their lives during the elections, what happened to their killers? I guess you have forgotten about them right? Obagwu.....

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by modik(m): 7:37am On Mar 31, 2019
ramalex:
Na soh!

What are the conditions bounded by law on being an authentic whistleblower?

What happens in this case if blows the whistle other than what is signed into the law?

NB: base ur facts on the law of whistleblowing in the constitution to avoid ambiguity n confusion.

The evidence before court of competent jurisdiction is the subject of adjudication not the merit of obtaining it.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by ramalex(m): 7:37am On Mar 31, 2019
peacettw:

True but my worry is this. If this is to be addressed through legal channels then this whistleblower (which thinking about it is not the right term to use here) needs to known to the authorities. The same authorities the "whistleblower" didn't go to in the first place to report to.

I don't know if it is too late now but Atiku and co should find a way to file this complaint to the police or another central intelligence. It's a pity

You are thinking so right...Salute!
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by peacettw: 7:38am On Mar 31, 2019
flavnwokem:
He went to the government, he went to senate president, who is the chairman of Atiku campaign, abi senate president no be part of government?

Hmmm
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by ogatboy(m): 7:40am On Mar 31, 2019
iammo:
cool

Leaking classified information would get the whistle blower thrown out of inec, and the court would need him to show up and testify .

I strongly believe buhari's men headed by keyamo had bribed or intimidated Atiku / PDP legal team to give a silly evidence / witness so as to jeopardise the case

How does voting data become a classified information. What is the security importance or otherwise??

Its not classified and they can request access to verify the information.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by ramalex(m): 7:41am On Mar 31, 2019
modik:

The evidence before court of competent jurisdiction is the subject of adjudication not the merit of obtaining it.

Is there a place of veracity and validity of evidences b4 adjudication in a competent court of law?

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by bluefilm: 7:43am On Mar 31, 2019
Jidibia:

Who is this uncultured being? With your type in this country, this country is hopeless. Anyways, I would not trade words with you this beautiful Sunday morning. I don't have to answer you whether I vote or not because you are not a reasonable someone I should discuss politics with. All you guys know in this country is politics of hate and bitterness.
Those that lost their lives during the elections, what happened to their killers? I guess you have forgotten about them right? Obagwu.....

Anu ohia.

Ewu nwuru anwu.

What have you personally done for this country to change the so called hopelessness situation for the better?

Idiots sitting comfortably in their shitty situation and looking for someone to blame for their miserable conditions.

People like you shouldn't even be commenting on election matters since you guys don't even bother yourselves with voting in the first place.

Onye nzuzu.

Stolen mandate gbukwee gi dia. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home Order: Fear, Anxiety In Southeast / What Emir Sanusi, Soludo And Ezekwesili Said About Nigeria's Economic Crisis / Toyin Saraki Meets Olusegun Obasanjo At The UNGA In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.