Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER (31240 Views)

I’ve Never Seen INEC Server, But Yakubu Says It Exists - Osita Chidoka / Atiku, PDP Hacked INEC Server – APC Alleges / INEC Server Shows Buhari Lost 2019 Election - Atiku, PDP Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 31, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

So you think the opposition cannot pay the whistleblower 100 years salary to testify ? And fyi whistleblowers do not go to jail. Lastly, he can give his deposition by video securing his personal safety.

Let's face the real issues here : Buhari, Oshiomole INEC and APC are thieves and Atiku will prove it in court.

Even if pdp want to go the whistleblowing lane ,i still strongly believe they av no case, since when did inec servers that carrying elections result, these is 1st of its kind, both the constitution & jugdes are inexperience
Pdp would only land themselves in criminal conduct, presenting classified information to a contesting party is even a crime & against ethics of profession.. so even if atiku has the money ..is the witness ready to throw his/her life away for atiku. lets imagine he/she is ready. for the consequences.
Inec can kill these case before it sees the dawn of a day by adding waterprint to whatever they have and challenge the authencity of whatever evidence pdp is presenting in court. infact these case is more of pdp vs inec ,will inec watch n let pdp erase whatever image they av left in the eyes of the world ...we shall see.
i still don't believe the whole server story bullshit... results are enter manually & stored

4 Likes

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Osyxcel(m): 7:47am On Mar 31, 2019
peacettw:

I totally agree with you. It is really a pity. I wish they had reported to the police at least. That would have been a solid evidence. You simply can't claim that every security agency is compromised.. This is complicated

Yes, every security agency is compromised. They report directly to the Executive and they are not independent.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Neoteny(m): 7:47am On Mar 31, 2019
The so-called whistleblower is a shoddy website https://www.factsdontlieng.com/ hastily setup on March 12 2019 by a private domain service. I've said it elsewhere days ago that PDP did not hack the server; they setup this crap and think Nigerians are daft (well, some are, like Pachukwudi44 and Tuniski et al). The screenshots were obtained from the dubious website above.

The following places serious doubt on the server being real:

1. What sort of Admin enables NETBIOS over TCP/IP on a sensitive server?! Highly unlikely INEC has any legacy applications.

2. "Select from live results"? Results are not pushed live, they're collated then sent to the server

3. "Select from domestic observers?" Since when do observers collate results and/or update INEC's server?

4. The list of users is odd. Anonymous user? Why would INEC have an anonymous user? Also what the heck is HR doing on a server dedicated to presidential results? The named user list is concocted rubbish.

5. Look at the IP addresses; default router addresses and subnet. No DHCP. What kind of inept LAN admin does INEC use?

6. Really? An organizational server running Core i5 with 8Ggbs of RAM? Even my aging gaming PC is Core i7 with 32Gbs RAM. This is clearly a low-end desktop, with a weak NIC. One would think INEC would have at least a Core i9 or Xeon CPU.

7. A government entity like INEC would, or should, run Linux server OS like Red Hat Enterprise, SUSE, Ubuntu Server, Mageia, Oracle Linux etc. Definitely not Windows Server, and an old one at that (released 2013).

8. "inec@INEC"? HAHAHA! That's a bit too on the nose!

9. "Presidential Results Server 1". INEC's Admin must be an NYSC Corps member.

This reliance of PDP on the above website is another act of desperation and a very weak one at that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by peacettw: 7:50am On Mar 31, 2019
Osyxcel:

Yes, every security agency is compromised. They report directly to the Executive and they are not independent.

Using the same logic, the whistleblower act is compromised as well and shouldn't be used by PDP at will since it involves the government

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Ratello: 7:53am On Mar 31, 2019
ihimiray:
who told u they don't go to jail.. Remember Julian assange.. Why is he on the run and hiding in another country...

Julian is more of a blackmailer cum whistleblower that hacks into top officials or celebrities private lives this is a different case scenario please
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 31, 2019
modik:

Your submission looks baseless.

The whistle blower is a Nigerian who wants to protect his vote. However, in law, the source and means of obtaining a verifiable evidence is never subject of adjudication provided the evidence is authentic.

That alone has absolved the whistle blower from any injury at law.

Except inec comes out with superior evidence that the server report is not genuine which I doubt they can prove.

Deal with it.

You are speaking Bullocks. If an evidence is illegally obtained, it's not admissible in law. Why do you think they stopped using the word "hacking"? Because it is illegal.

BTW, why is Edward Snowden on the run?

3 Likes

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:55am On Mar 31, 2019
ericsmith:

Even if pdp want to go the whistleblowing lane ,i still strongly believe they av no case, since when did inec servers that carrying elections result, these is 1st of its kind, both the constitution & jugdes are inexperience
Pdp would only land themselves in criminal conduct, presenting classified information to a contesting party is even a crime & against ethics of profession.. so even if atiku has the money ..is the witness ready to throw his/her life away for atiku. lets imagine he/she is ready. for the consequences.
Inec can kill these case before it sees the dawn of a day by adding waterprint to whatever they have and challenge the authencity of whatever evidence pdp is presenting in court. infact these case is more of pdp vs inec ,will inec watch n let pdp erase whatever image they av left in the eyes of the world ...we shall see.
i still don't believe the whole server story bullshit... results are enter manually & stored

Leave us with our 'no case'. Get your lawyers to defend INEC. See you in court
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by tuniski: 7:55am On Mar 31, 2019
Neoteny:
The so-called whistleblower is a shoddy website https://www.factsdontlieng.com/ hastily setup on March 12 2019 by a private domain service. I've said it elsewhere days ago that PDP did not hack the server; they setup this crap and think Nigerians are daft (well, some are, like Pachukwudi44 and Tuniski et al). The screenshots were obtained from the dubious website above.

The following places serious doubt on the server being real:

1. What sort of Admin enables NETBIOS over TCP/IP on a sensitive server?! Highly unlikely INEC has any legacy applications.

2. "Select from live results"? Results are not pushed live, they're collated then sent to the server

3. "Select from domestic observers?" Since when do observers collate results and/or update INEC's server?

4. The list of users is odd. Anonymous user? Why would INEC have an anonymous user? Also what the heck is HR doing on a server dedicated to presidential results? The named user list is concocted rubbish.

5. Look at the IP addresses; default router addresses and subnet. No DHCP. What kind of inept LAN admin does INEC use?

6. Really? An organizational server running Core i5 with 8Ggbs or RAM? Even my aging gaming PC is Core i7 with 32Gbs RAM. This is clearly a low-end desktop, with a weak NIC. One would think INEC would have at least a Core i9 or Xeon CPU.

7. A government entity like INEC would, or should, run Linux server OS like Red Hat Enterprise, SUSE, Ubuntu Server, Mageia, Oracle Linux etc. Definitely not Windows Server, and an old one at that (released 2013).

8. "inec@INEC"? HAHAHA! That's a bit too on the nose!

9. "Presidential Results Server 1". INEC's Admin must be an NYSC Corps member.

This reliance of PDP on the above website is another act of desperation and a very weak one at that.
Stop over laboring yourself on a matter that will be decided at the courts without Your input.

That to me is actually daftness!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by gotnel: 7:56am On Mar 31, 2019
All these ranting by pdp and atiku are just children playing games. Atiku lost his polling unit to Buhari with good marginal point.
Did Inec comes to Yola on the morning of presidential election to come and rig elections on the street Atiku is living?
Atiku is not a democrat as he claims to be.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 31, 2019
chiedu7:

there is no need to rig in ss for PDP

Lol. That was the dumbest thing to say. The voter turnout in the SS and SE in 2015 was 99%. That was heavy rigging.

3 Likes

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Neoteny(m): 7:57am On Mar 31, 2019
tuniski:

Stop over laboring yourself on a matter that will be decided at the courts without Your input.

That to me is actually daftness!!!

Donkeys like you think the courts are populated with asses, no doubt.

Unfortunately for you some of us consider matters critically, not accept them as blind dogma because we're a hope, however tenuous, that we've a case.

Your Onnoghen is no longer there to facilitate your desperate fraud.

5 Likes

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Ratello: 7:57am On Mar 31, 2019
ericsmith:

You know nothing if I were INEC by now "my own Presidential result conducted since February 23rd ought to have been out to counter Atiku's/PDP's version" so what is INEC waiting for. INEC waited too long here and now will be forced to defend themselves which makes their case tougher.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 31, 2019
Diamondwriter:

Correction: After filling d manual result sheets, we transmitted the results electronically through the smart card reader....

That was a big lie.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 31, 2019
Jidibia:

Mention the security agency that attend to whistle blowers issues that is not compromised? All these agencies are partisans and we all saw the role they played in the just concluded general elections.
We can only progress as a nation when we collectively condemn what is wrong and support what is right irrespective of our sociocultural differences or religious/political affiliations.

Lol. Please stop embarrassing yourself. The security agents are compromised and the only trustworthy person is atiku. Can you tell that to the court? It's like saying you don't trust the legal system and resort to jungle justice.

5 Likes

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by adebvla: 8:03am On Mar 31, 2019
MrMcJay:
Atiku rested his appeal on inadmissible evidence. I knew right from time that he would have serious problems tendering this hacking and leak story.
How do you tender?
Through who?
Oya, present your witness for cross-examination na.

There is a reason Buhari refused to sign the amended Electoral Act that stated that only the results transmitted by card readers are admissible.

Assuming Buhari signed that, he would have lost the election cos Atiku planned to manipulate INEC's servers and put the figures he's displaying about as the actual figures.

Physical collation and transmission finished his plans.

Bros, let's even forget about 'hacking'. Right from day one, I knew the "evidence" was illegally obtained, and I know damn well (although I'm not a lawyer), that an illegally obtained evidence isn't admissible in a court of law.

Secondly, one almajiri on the first page claimed that the "evidence" was obtained using the Freedom of Information (FOI) act to request it. I couldn't control my laughter. The slowpoke thought FOI will just be issued to a random, unnamed and inconsequential INEC staff? No, it won't. It'll be issued either to the organisation, INEC directly, or with INEC chairman as a co-responder.

These people don't know the sort of wahala they've put themselves in. Aside from all these, the 'results' on the nonsense server are no brainer. How can only Atiku and Buhari share all the total accredited votes in 33 states, including Kwara State, my dear Kwara. I'm 99.9% confident that my neighbor voted Fela Durotoye, so in the results they presented as evidence to court, if only Atiku and Buhari were the ones that shared all accredited votes in Kwara without Durotoye having at least one, then Atiku's server results in total BS, which it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by modik(m): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2019
schoolboij:

You are speaking Bullocks. If an evidence is illegally obtained, it's not admissible in law.

BTW, why is Edward Snowden on the run?

That is different case entirely.

What is at stake here is social justice and repugnancy test.

Any illegitimate act by INEC to enthrone illegitimate government cannever stand legitimacy test.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by tuniski: 8:04am On Mar 31, 2019
Neoteny:

Donkeys like you think the courts are populated with asses, no doubt.

Unfortunately for you some of us consider matters critically, not accept them as blind dogma because we're a hope, whoever, tenuous, that we've a case.

Your Onnoghen is no longer there to facilitate your desperate fraud.
I repeat you are over reaching. Whether you insult people or not, the matter will be decided one way or the other. It is called justice.

Daftness is insulting people cos they are making valid position different from yours. Or are you a member of the bench that will handle the case?

I repeat, the crust of the matter is whether card reader accredited 37m+ whereas inec results as declared is under 30m. All Your long low talk doesn't address that Only inec will.

The server angle is Secondary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Akiara: 8:08am On Mar 31, 2019
peacettw:

I totally agree with you. It is really a pity. I wish they had reported to the police at least. That would have been a solid evidence. You simply can't claim that every security agency is compromised.. This is complicated

How can you report to an organisation that is directly supervised by the Government you want to unseat?

Boko Haram killed in Niger Republic and Chad...immediately their Military Chiefs were sacked. In Nigeria Burutai is left to roam aimlessly, deploying Military Personnel to election venues.

So the fact that PDP had a mole in inec to counter the obvious APC Mole (Yakubu) ...is deftness.

Forget all the rants of Afonja Yoruba on all platforms...it shows that FEAR of the Obvious.

Atiku won the Election.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Akiara: 8:10am On Mar 31, 2019
tuniski:

I repeat you are over reaching. Whether you insult people or not, the matter will be decided one way or the other. It is called justice.

Daftness is insulting people cos they are making valid position different from yours. Or are you a member of the bench that will handle the case?

I repeat, the crust of the matter is whether card reader accredited 37m+ whereas inec results as declared is under 30m. All Your long low talk doesn't address that Only inec will.

Guy you sabi Book...

grin
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by peacettw: 8:11am On Mar 31, 2019
Akiara:

How can you report to an organisation that is directly supervised by the Government you want to unseat?

Boko Haram killed in Niger Republic and Chad...immediately their Military Chiefs were sacked. In Nigeria Burutai is left to roam aimlessly, deploying Military Personnel to election venues.

So the fact that PDP had a mole in inec to counter the obvious APC Mole (Yakubu) ...is deftness.

Forget all the rants of Afonja Yoruba on all platforms...it shows that FEAR of the Obvious.

Atiku won the Election.

I don't have anything more to say. Let's see how it pans out in court. I wish both parties luck.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by gmec23(m): 8:12am On Mar 31, 2019
codedguy1:

Thank you for this submission. Peacettw is just being clever by half by saying the whistleblower should report to a govt agency when we all know if he carries that evidence to police, efcc, dss, immigration, customs, nscdc, nia etc that that would be the end of his evidence and probably his life.

A thief stole something and you carry evidence against him to his associates. Taa.

You couldn't have put it more clearly jor
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by fredoooooo: 8:13am On Mar 31, 2019
Happy Orubebe day o ... Happy wailers day , Happy next level wailing . An old man with no iota of shame

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by alert01(m): 8:13am On Mar 31, 2019
peacettw:

My dear, I know nothing since I am not a lawyer. Most of the information I have comes from watching law related series like Boston Legal, Suits, House of Cards etc.

Hacking into a government server is a crime. And that alone can send you to jail. I did some online studies in programming and I know that if one took the pains to hack into a government server, then it will be silly not to alter the results to serve your purpose.

That alone is why PDP needs a better story than saying that the document was hacked. Now they are coming up with the whistleblower story which has lots of holes already. I don't know who heads the think tank team of Atiku but surely they can do better

Don't mind me I was pulling your leg in the first place. It's law cringey to hack an organization's server all in the name of monitoring an election's result, who does that. Atiku is a smart man I suppose and should of course come up with evidence more logical than mere hacking INEC server which to me might land him in trouble in saner climes.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by imam07: 8:17am On Mar 31, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

So you think the opposition cannot pay the whistleblower 100 years salary to testify ? And fyi whistleblowers do not go to jail. Lastly, he can give his deposition by video securing his personal safety.

Let's face the real issues here : Buhari, Oshiomole INEC and APC are thieves and Atiku will prove it in court.
This is a wild goose chase.
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 31, 2019
Ratello:

You know nothing if I were INEC by now "my own Presidential result conducted since February 23rd ought to have been out to counter Atiku's/PDP's version" so what is INEC waiting for. INEC waited too long here and now will be forced to defend themselves which makes their case tougher.

What are you talking about? INEC presidential result is already out. Why do you think they declared Buhari winner?

3 Likes

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Neoteny(m): 8:22am On Mar 31, 2019
tuniski:

Nope, Donkey

The server matter is primary. All along all we hear is all about the INEC server declaring your useless Atikruk president. If this is the kind of case you pin your wispy hopes on then you'll fail spectacularly....again.

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Ratello: 8:25am On Mar 31, 2019
schoolboij:

What are you talking about? INEC presidential result is already out. Why do you think they declared Buhari winner?

........who is talking about their mumu results already doctored undecided undecided I am talking about the real things on their site which by now ought to have been on display since February. Abi you no dey understand simple logic ni?
Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by bluefilm: 8:25am On Mar 31, 2019
schoolboij:

Obviously, you haven't realised that some people here don't have any brain at all.

Don't waste your precious time responding to such people.

Leave them to continue to dine and wine in their unending stupidity.

At least, that's what I normally do when I come across them.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 31, 2019
Ratello:

........who is talking about their mumu results already doctored undecided undecided I am talking about the real things on their site which by now ought to have been on display since February. Abi you no dey understand simple logic ni?

Who are you to know the real or unreal thing? Are you the INEC chairman? And do you think INEC will upload something different from what they released to their server? Who does that?

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by contigiency(m): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2019
peacettw:

Nah. Just thinking like a layman. Both parties can use information as they will. And I am also inviting everyone else to pitch in as well. I am open to corrections

I just read through the whistleblower act passed in 2016.

In a nutshell, whistleblowers should report to the authorities in order to ensure their safety and concealment of their identity but this one chose to report to Atiku.

In situations, where a whistleblower can prove that monies have been stolen, he or she is entitled to a fraction of that money, otherwise, no renumeration is guaranteed in unrelated matters. Again, our whistleblower stands to benefit financially if he reports to Atiku.

And so on.

Perhaps the strangest thing here is that this INEC official turned whistleblower had chosen to give this document to Atiku rather than report to the authorities.
Isn't he a government official? Who better to protect your interest if not the government or the Police? Pray, what reasons did he have to go to Atiku? Was he being financially compensated to release the document? Or is he simply a matyr looking out for the public interest in ensuring that our mandate is well protected?

No one knows but he sure has a lot of questions to answer

The summary of this whole rubbish from Atiku is that he should just hunt down the so called whistle blower and collect back his money. Because he ended up doing a dirty job that will make him loose the case. Otherwise, how can Atiku and all the SANS he gathered, go to court and tender such a poor and shoddy job where in most states, the number of Accredited voters equalled the sum of Atiku and buhari's votes. No invalid and votes for other parties. In the case of Abia state, only Atiku's and Buhari's votes exceeded the number of accredited voters not to talk of invalid and votes for other parties.

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: We Didn’t Hacked INEC Server But Got Our Info Through A WHISTLEBLOWER by Jidibia(m): 8:38am On Mar 31, 2019
schoolboij:

Lol. Please stop embarrassing yourself. The security agents are compromised and the only trustworthy person is atiku. Can you tell that to the court? It's like saying you don't trust the legal system and resort to jungle justice.
Lol.... I know you guys here just write for the likes and nothing more.
Let the sitting begins first then you will know if they reported to the appropriate channel(s) or not. Please I don't have time to argue with APC sentimental e-warriors.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi Election: Yahaya Bello Leads Wada With Over 200,000 Votes After 15 LGs / Rythm Festival Of Arts And Culture Organised By Zahra Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos / You Are A Barefaced Treasury Looter - PDP To Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.