Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,146 members, 7,849,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings (14144 Views)

Governor Adeleke Suspends Mining Activities In Osun / FCT Minister Suspends Mining, Quarrying Activities In Abuja / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival In Plateau State Over Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Masaratixxx(m): 5:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
Blue3k:

Yeah the bandits rob illegal miners and fund themselves. Im sure they have protection racket going by now. The Zamfara situation requires permanent security in the region. The bandits just flee to other states during short opperations.

That your stuff is fake
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by ozo13(m): 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
Yauwa.u take the fight to them.
When I saw that long queue in Abuja train station yesterday I knew there was a serious problem in that axis that needed urgent attention.
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Blue3k(m): 5:43pm On Apr 07, 2019
Masaratixxx:

That your stuff is fake
Arizonaaddict1:
for where u see that misleading pictures

NOI poll is fake? I disagree since they go through trouble of telling you survey method. They're partnered with Gallup polling in the US who I trust. If you have better polling company or aggregate polling please share.
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by RZArecta2(m): 5:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
Useless, hypocritical government. We can't refine our Oil in the Niger delta but northerners can mine gold on their land and get a suspension when things get embarrassing to the govt grin
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Masaratixxx(m): 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2019
Blue3k:

NOI poll is fake? I disagree since they go through trouble of telling you survey method. They're partnered with Gallup polling in the US who I trust. If you have better polling company or aggregate polling please share.

Since it says ritual killings in South East is 3%, south south is 15% and south west is 4%, it's totally fake, I won't accept it even if God released it.
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by kikake: 5:51pm On Apr 07, 2019
saaron:
The ongoing genocide in Zamfara has absolutely NOTHING to do with mining activities. This move by buhari's APC Satanic govt is just a desperate attempt to change the narative about the true nature and culprits of Zamfara killings as it gain International attention, like the case of middle belt after their botched attempt to hide the genocide on Agriculture I.E Farmers herders clash.
What is happening is nothing but a fulani led massacre of harmless people just like what is happening in Middle Belt.

Changing narratives. Truth has become lie, and lie became truth under Buhari govt. Taqqiya is allowed in the Koran to tell the enemy any lie to defeat them. That's how Jihadidts conduct their operations.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Arizonaaddict1: 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2019
Blue3k:

Yeah the bandits rob illegal miners and fund themselves. Im sure they have protection racket going by now. The Zamfara situation requires permanent security in the region. The bandits just flee to other states during short opperations.
for where u see that misleading pictures
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Blue3k(m): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
Masaratixxx:

Since it says ritual killings in South East is 3%, south south is 15% and south west is 4%, it's totally fake, I won't accept it even if God released it.

Its an opinion poll. The poll asked whats the most common security issue in your area. The people surveyed simply think other issues are more common. I wont drag the issue further.

Btw:
SS said ritual killing is 3% and cultism is 15%.
SW said ritual killing 6% and 4% cultism.
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by grandstar(m): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2019
Now, everything makes sense.

I had been wondering what these bandits had been surviving on and why they were so we'll armed( They better armed than the army apparently)

I found it hard to believe cAttle rustling could sustain their activities. It's obvious mining is the key.

This just indicates the dire economic situation the country is in. The stealing of underwear and this Zamfara madness are products of a bad economy.

If the economy was strong and much more jobs, there would be less crime

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Blue3k(m): 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2019
grandstar:
Now, everything makes sense.

I had been wondering what these bandits had been surviving on and why they were so we'll armed( They better armed than the army apparently)

I found it hard to believe cAttle rustling could sustain their activities. It's obvious mining is the key.

This just indicates the dire economic situation the country is in. The stealing of underwear and this Zamfara madness are products of a bad economy.

If the economy was strong and much more jobs, there would be less crime

Yeah I posted about it months ago on my other account. IRIN did an investigative report on the subject. The bandits have muliple rackets from cattle rustling, kidnapping and conflict mineral trade. Lol it got front page but nobody cared. After Buhari won election the Zamfara issue became important for trolling.

The worst thing about illegal mining is fact the risk lead poisoning in drinking water which happened in 2006. The government knows about most of these issues. This just one of the reactions. I dont think Zamfara can have proper economy till it's safe snd reforms take place.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by bizzibodi(m): 7:49pm On Apr 07, 2019
Naijaalive:
Photos
Jeeez!See Gold!!
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by grandstar(m): 8:00pm On Apr 07, 2019
Blue3k:

Yeah I posted about it months ago on my other account. IRIN did an investigative report on the subject. The bandits have muliple rackets from cattle rustling, kidnapping and conflict mineral trade. Lol it got front page but nobody cared. After Buhari won election the Zamfara issue became important for trolling.

The worst thing about illegal mining is fact the risk lead poisoning in drinking water which happened in 2006. The government knows about most of these issues. This just one of the reactions. I dont think Zamfara can have proper economy till it's safe snd reforms take place.

What kind of reforms?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Blue3k(m): 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
grandstar:

What kind of reforms?

To security permanent police presence in region. Then see how they can incentivize miners, processors and ranchers to set up shop. Maybe form Export processing zone in state. The rest is about funding education and healthcare (vaccines) with taxes.

Since Yari wont be getting state police anytime soon these security reforms will tide him over. Sadly the ball is in federal governments court.

Chatham House: Security reform suggestions

• End Security votes
•Create US-style inspector general offices tasked with exposing corruption, revealing waste and protecting whistle-blowers.
• Consolidate the numerous security agencies and integrate each of them into either the military and police.
• Consolidate Military support functions by creating joint combat support agencies that could help the force improve its dismal ratio of non-combat elements to frontline units.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by betwo: 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
Nadem sabi sad
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by SomeHenro: 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2019
Thank we left mining site before this mess. Shifting base to Kebbi....Let's go for Manganese.
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Enyimbamercedes: 6:14am On Apr 08, 2019
The North silently mining their mineral resources quietly and keeping the proceeds.

In the south, they cannot mine their oil in peace with pythons coming to dance there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ban On Street Begging: Kano Arrests 500 Beggars / 18 Feared Killed In Edo Auto Crash. / Lekki International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.