Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days (52812 Views)

Temitayo Bello Bags 2nd PhD After 3 Masters, 3 Bachelor’s Degrees / Help, I'm Afraid I Could Be Expelled From School After 3 Years / FUTO Confirms Identities Of Students That Died During Foursome Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 16, 2019
CHESTER48:
also I forgot to say that when I left my body, my room was shining. The walls of my room was as if it had 4 colors. I was seeing heavy particles of dust. I was also hearing some strange noise tho before the black spirit attacked me. I remember going to church that week and a man told me I had a spirit that always follow me tho. Cause I usually have sleep paralysis and he told me it was the spirit but I don't believe him tho. Maybe the spirit is in my room. Cause I remember doing some dark magic in that room which I don't know if it worked. I once drew the circle of illuminati and kept a live pigeon there for 3 days with red candle at the names of the spirit I wanted to talk to. It was a long story. But after sacrifice of the bird and blood. Blah blah. I offered a peice offering to verify if there was a spirit. I slept that night only to dream about a man on white and another man on white. One said he was jesus the other said he was God. Jesus said the other was devil. But jesus wanted to kill me cause he brought out dagger to stab me before the other god rushed and pulled me out. Well upto now I don't know what happened. But I woke up and notice something standing in front of me on white. I went straight to my peice offering and noticed it has been eaten. Hahaha. Since that day I ran out of my room. Didn't sleep in my room for 2 weeks. Lol
NB: MY PEICE OFFERING WAS A LIVE RAT. The rat was eaten inside out. I placed the rat on a table with a candle stand. Red. All I know was the rat was eaten inside out. The bone was out and the rat body was fully intacked.

What did you want to talk to this demon about?
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
musicwriter:

If William Tydanle and John Hus were killed because they merely translated your bible to English; doesn't that tell you what an evil the book?
No it absolutely does not tell me the bible is an evil book at all!

Are you a Christian? I'm asking because you humanise the Bible (I'd say you deify it in fact, calling it evil!). What evil has the Bible ever done?

Isn't it true that Tyndale and Hus had immense admiration for the Bible and wanted to increase it's availability? Where they being evil?
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Danhumprey: 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
binary007:

Quote me again at your own peril!
Please, shift! Go one corner! Forming internet/keyboard warrior. nonsense!

Makes me wonder why you theists and religious folks, are so easily riled up.

Mtcheewww!
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

What did you want to talk to this demon about?
there was a time I loved magic. And I wanted to be performing for people. I didn't want to learn tricks, I wanted to actually do the magic for real. Like really making things dissappear even without my clothes on. Etc. Wanted it to be real and not trick. And he is not a demon he is my friend. His name is James. That was the name I choose to call him. He is good spirit. I still see him and talk to him. I mean if I have to talk to him ll have to get candles blood and some paper. Not anyhow paper. He writes to me in blood
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
CHESTER48:
there was a time I loved magic. And I wanted to be performing for people. I didn't want to learn tricks, I wanted to actually do the magic for real. Like really making things dissappear even without my clothes on. Etc. Wanted it to be real and not trick. And he is not a demon he is my friend. His name is James. That was the name I choose to call him. He is good spirit. I still see him and talk to him. I mean if I have to talk to him ll have to get candles blood and some paper. Not anyhow paper. He writes to me in blood

You probably attached a wandering spirit to yourself.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by musicwriter(m): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
budaatum:

No it absolutely does not tell me the bible is an evil book at all!

Are you a Christian? I'm asking because you humanise the Bible (I'd say you deify it in fact, calling it evil!). What evil has the Bible ever done?

Isn't it true that Tyndale and Hus had immense admiration for the Bible and wanted to increase it's availability? Where they being evil?

Bro, please take away emotion and just look at the bible itself and you'll see how it could be evil. But let me not dwell on that for now, I'll get to that.

The real purpose of the bible was for political control. At the time it was written, religious leaders controlled the state.

Ask yourself:-

Why is it that the greatest imperialists like Arabs, Rome, Britain produced the so called books of God?

The bible was written by an imperfect man!. God has nothing to do with it.

Watch below and you can figure it out.

William Tyndale
Born: 1494
Died: 1536

William Shakespeare
Born: 1564
Died: 1616

King James
Born: 1566
Died: 1625

Watch the dates. William Tyndale has just died about 70 years before William Shakespeare and King James were born. Shakespeare and King James were of the same age!. What does this tell you?

The king James bible was completed in 1611 when Shakespeare and King James were in their 40's. This means they lived their lives longing to fulfill the goal of their late comrade!. They were business associate and its not difficult to see how they'll produce the English bible at the lifetime of the greatest English author. In fact, King James was the biggest investors in Shakespeare's play company.

The website www.enotes.com on answering the question; What was King James I's relationship with Shakespeare's acting company?, wrote that Shakespeare aligned ''things with King James I since the new king of England had made a contract in 1603 with Shakespeare's acting company.''
https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-were-king-james-attitude-towards-kingship-its-371148

Another source, www.bl.uk, writes ''shortly after King James I took the throne, he announced that he would be the new sponsor of Shakespeare's theatre company, which renamed itself the King's Men.''
https://www.bl.uk/shakespeare/articles/royal-shakespeare-a-playwright-and-his-king?

Shakespeare even renamed his company "The King's Men" just to show you the king's wish was his command.

What am I driving at? The only reason Britain began translating the bible was to use it for their own imperialist goal. Britain began writing the King James bible in 1604 and in 1607 (3 years later) they acquired their first colony in Jamestown USA. The king James bible was finished in 1611.

In 1604, Britain began writing the king James bible.
In 1607, Britain began the business of slavery.
The first ship that carried the slaves they called it Jesus.
What does this tell you?

The slave masters thought that giving the slaves bible to read would make them docile and easy to control. That was the original purpose of their effort to translate it into English. Slavery would have begun 70 years earlier if William Tyndale was successful.

If you do your research, you'll throw away that bible into the dustbin.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by notttty(m): 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
CosmoDroid:

It is not everyone that can be helped.

Apart from that, we can not introduce Integration/Differentiation to a Primary one pupil.

The person under that username may be a child, and it is better to allow him grow organically and not startle his growth process with hard truths.
Allow him grow organically lol

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
musicwriter:

Bro, please take away emotion and just look at the bible itself and you'll see how it could be evil. But let me not dwell on that for now, I'll get to that.

The real purpose of the bible was for political control. At the time it was written, religious leaders controlled the state.
In my experience, only emotional people tell others not to be emotional. They usually say it when they have failed to manipulate others.

Another purpose of the Bible was to educate (indoctrinate, would be the more accurate word in its time). It's the entire purpose of religion in fact, to educate. Tyndale's translated only the New Testament and roughly half of the Old Testament which was described as heretical, since it did not promote an acceptable view of the King of England.

The English Bible was in fact completed by Miles Coverdale in 1535, and resulted in the Great Bible of 1539 which was the first authorized edition of the Bible in English, authorized by King Henry VIII of England to be read aloud in the church services of the Church of England.

What you fail to understand is that no one can control human beings. God tried it in the Garden of Eden and failed, so how please can an earthly king achieve such control? The church tried it too by keeping the Bible in a language the people on the street could not understand and then came along the Tyndale, Martin Luther, Coverdale, to rip down the veil they hid behind with the same Bible. Let's go further back, shall we, to the times of Jesus who is said to have fought against the controllers of his day. Another ripping down of the veil of control, would you not think? Did he not in fact say "the ability to control yourself is within you"? Then further still to the Garden of Eden where humans were freed by a serpent.

There is absolutely no doubt that some use the Bible to control others, but the truth is that it is those who have not read the book that get controlled. Read any of the Gospels and you'd clearly see Christ resisting control because he too had read the book, and without the indoctrination (interpretation) given by the authorised priests of his time, but from those in Egypt. The lesson of the Bible cannot be clearer when it is said that they who [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1%3A1-5&version=KJV]comprehendeth[/url] the Logos will live [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A16&version=NIV]eternally[/url]. It shows you how the controllers operate, and also teaches how one frees oneself.

Do note, if you "believe" the contents of any book instead of seeking understanding of it, you are indeed controlled and enslaved!

musicwriter:
If you do your research, you'll throw away that bible into the dustbin.
If you understand the research you've done, you'd know only fools burn books instead of learning from them.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by musicwriter(m): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
budaatum:

In my experience, only emotional people tell others not to be emotional. They usually say it when they have failed to manipulate others.

Another purpose of the Bible was to educate (indoctrinate, would be the more accurate word in its time). It's the entire purpose of religion in fact, to educate. Tyndale's translated only the New Testament and roughly half of the Old Testament which was described as heretical, since it did not promote an acceptable view of the King of England.

The Bible was in fact completed by Miles Coverdale in 1535, and resulted in the Great Bible of 1539 which was the first authorized edition of the Bible in English, authorized by King Henry VIII of England to be read aloud in the church services of the Church of England.

What you fail to understand is that no one can control human beings. God tried it in the Garden of Eden and failed, so how please can an earthly king achieve such control? The church tried it too by keeping the Bible in a language the people on the street could not understand and then came along the Tyndale, Martin Luther, Coverdale, to rip down the veil they hid behind with the same Bible. Let's go further back, shall we, to the times of Jesus who is said to have fought against the controllers of his day. Another ripping down of the veil of control, would you not think? Did he not in fact say "the ability to control yourself is within you"? Then further still to the Garden of Eden where humans were freed by a serpent.

There is absolutely no doubt that some use the Bible to control others, but the truth is that it is those who have not read the book that get controlled. Read any of the Gospels and you'd clearly see Christ resisting control because he too had read the book, and without the indoctrination (interpretation) given by the authorised priests of his time, but from those in Egypt. The lesson of the Bible cannot be clearer when it is said that they who [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1%3A1-5&version=KJV]comprehendeth[/url] the Logos will live [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A16&version=NIV]eternally[/url]. It shows you how the controllers operate, and also teaches how one frees oneself.

Do note, if you "believe" the contents of any book instead of seeking understanding of it, you are indeed controlled and enslaved!

If you understand the research you've done, you'd know only fools burn books instead of learning from them.

The bible was not inspired by God, it was inspired by politics of the day and need to control people. There's no knowledge in it more than you'll find in any well written literature. You're the one attaching God to it, not God.

God has nothing to do with religion!.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
musicwriter:

The bible was not inspired by God, it was inspired by politics of the day and need to control people. There's no knowledge in it more than you'll find in any well written literature. You're the one attaching God to it, not God.

God has nothing to do with religion!.
Please, musicwriter, I'd like you to show me where I attached God to writing or inspiring the Bible. It isn't a mistake I normally make since I happen to know gods don't write books!

My opinion is that the books in the Bible were written by human beings to educate human beings (about what they knew). Even before they made the Bible available in book form they'd been writing it in stone, an idea derived from god worship in Egypt to educate the masses. Chartes Cathedral, the Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Amiens and the recently burnt Notre-Dame de Paris are examples of key lessons from the Bible written in stone. It's modern form would be a library, the purpose of which is to educate people. Yes, you may find lessons taught in the Bible in literature, but I can't say you'd find so vast a collection in any single literature, though if you know any, educate me.

As to God having nothing to do with religion, I don't understand why you'd say that since as far as I know, religion has always been about some god or the other. Or have you come across a religion that does not involve the worship (or learning about) a god? If so, do please educate me.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by musicwriter(m): 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
budaatum:

Please, musicwriter, I'd like you to show me where I attached God to writing or inspiring the Bible. It isn't a mistake I normally make since I happen to know gods don't write books!

My opinion is that the books in the Bible were written by human beings to educate human beings (about what they knew). Even before they made the Bible available in book form they'd been writing it in stone, an idea derived from god worship in Egypt to educate the masses. Chartes Cathedral, the Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Amiens and the recently burnt Notre-Dame de Paris are examples of key lessons from the Bible written in stone. It's modern form would be a library, the purpose of which is to educate people. Yes, you may find lessons taught in the Bible in literature, but I can't say you'd find so vast a collection in any single literature, though if you know any, educate me.

As to God having nothing to do with religion, I don't understand why you'd say that since as far as I know, religion has always been about some god or the other. Or have you come across a religion that does not involve the worship (or learning about) a god? If so, do please educate me.

Sorry, if there was any misunderstanding on my part about God inspiring the bible, but the real scriptures didn't even make it into the bible. The real scriptures were destroyed in thousands. Two Roman emperors took turn to burn ancient African libraries in Egypt and Sudan.

If you're asking of other works of literature said to be inspired by God, then begin with the Koran. There still survived a part of the book of Ptah which is the oldest book in the world. Then there's the Greek Odyssey, which is better written than the bible. A sect in Greece actually do worship Odysseus the protagonist of that book.

The inscriptions on European walls you cited are modern. The meaning of God has already been destroyed by the time Europeans began writing all that. The real inscriptions are those in Egypt made by the ancient Egyptians who understood God with deep metaphysics and spiritually.

The Gods of religion is an invention to control people and put fear in them about missing heaven or going to hell. Its very unfortunate religion has bastardized the meaning of God in their various dogmas. When we talk about God, we're trying to explain the unknown, the essence, the first cause, the one. But we will never be able to explain it.

The real God cannot be known, because its unknowable. This guy did a nice job trying to explain the real God. See https://jacobniegowski.com/the-real-god/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by emmanuelmacrow(m): 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
Rom 13:1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Someone should read this and think deep into it
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
musicwriter:

Sorry, if there was any misunderstanding on my part about God inspiring the bible, but the real scriptures didn't even make it into the bible. The real scriptures were destroyed in thousands. Two Roman emperors took turn to burn ancient African libraries in Egypt and Sudan.

If you're asking of other works of literature said to be inspired by God, then begin with the Koran. There still survived a part of the book of Ptah which is the oldest book in the world. Then there's the Greek Odyssey, which is better written than the bible. A sect in Greece actually do worship Odysseus the protagonist of that book.

The inscriptions on European walls you cited are modern. The meaning of God has already been destroyed by the time Europeans began writing all that. The real inscriptions are those in Egypt made by the ancient Egyptians who understood God with deep metaphysics and spiritually.

The Gods of religion is an invention to control people and put fear in them about missing heaven or going to hell. Its very unfortunate religion has bastardized the meaning of God in their various dogmas. When we talk about God, we're trying to explain the unknown, the essence, the first cause, the one. But we will never be able to explain it.

The real God cannot be known, because its unknowable. This guy did a nice job trying to explain the real God. See https://jacobniegowski.com/the-real-god/
I'm going to laugh at your mention of Odysseus. If anything, it should have been included in your dead gods, at least the ideas about gods in Odysseus should be. A comparable god I can think of is the God in the first six books of the Bible. And in my opinion, if that God had not evolved into Jesus Christ, we'd have killed it off too as Jung advised we should all our gods. I wonder if you know what he meant by that? Least be said, Odysseus is a far less complete description of whatever God may possibly be.

Jacobniegowski is referring to Jung's God. Jung derived a lot of his understanding of God from his study of the Christian God and how it evolved from pre-Christian ideas. He also wrote about the similarities of gods since his focus was in understanding and treating the psychological effects of people influenced by religion. To be honest, if you understood Jung, you'd very likely understand what I'm saying which tempts me to ask you what Jung's you've actually read.

The little I remember of the book of Ptah reads like Proverbs and The Book of the All-Virtuous Wisdom of Yeshua ben Sira, and could hardly be claimed to be a complete description of God.

The Bible itself is merely an image of God as conceived by those who wrote it. Yet even they managed to convey the fact that their image does not adequately describe God and warned of the error of making images of God because they would never completely describe whatever God may be. Christ sure is written to have warned against thinking God is whatever you may have read or thought God may be when he is written to have said "humans should not live by bread alone or they'd die of malnutrition." John too made us aware that the Bible is not a complete description of God with his "[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+21%3A25&version=NIV]Jesus[/url] did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written". And the Quran, which you mention, also claims to be incomplete when it is written in Luqman 31:27 that, "If all the trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise".

All this suggest that one should read every word that proceeds from God if one wishes to know God, a daunting endeavour no doubt, which is why most just simply believe. But even if one can read all that God wrote, one still has to work out what books these would be. Knowing this, how you can possibly claim any one book adequately describes God in books which clearly say otherwise amuses me. And you've failed to mention way more detailed expositions of God like that of pre-Christian Plato - writings which influenced the understanding of God in the Bible and likely made it necessary.

So that leaves us with your unknowability of God. I suggest you speak from your own view and your own knowledge and opinion of God obviously gathered from what has been religionised into you. This I say because you mention a "God of religion", as in an understanding gotten from a "particular system of faith and worship", which to me is bread alone and not every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. You also show this inadequacy in your claim that "The Gods of religion is an invention to control people", when the evidence suggests the exact opposite. Or do you seriously think humans would be freer without the religious texts they read? Is it not true that one who knows is less likely to be controlled? Is it not true that those who do not read get enslaved and controlled by those who do read? I put it to you that you perhaps have not read!

Those who assume they cannot know God are the sort whom when God is said to have said to Moses, “Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. You are to worship at a distance, but Moses alone is to approach the Lord; the others must not come near. And the people may not come up with him”, don't say what buda says. Buda be like, "What the fuq, Lord! Has Moses got two heads?! Is it not you who created buda also? I'm coming up too. And I'm coming near you!" Those who do not go up with buda and Moses, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel will most surely be controlled by those who do go up the mountain.

I'm going to suggest to you that God is very knowable, or at least, one can know quite a lot about God. One can study every book said to have been written or inspired by or about gods to gain a better understanding, at least. Then there's that which in Christianity is called the Comforter, which Christ is said to be sending back to minister to one when he's returned to the Father. He might have meant one's own ability to comprehend and reason, but I assure you that dim eyes would have a hard job understanding unless they become as children who have no preconceived ideas, opinion, dogmas, or beliefs. It is this inability to reenter your mother's womb that makes you insist on your dogma that religion is a means of control. I'll leave you with anecdotal evidence that it isn't.

Christianity in Europe in medieval times was a means of education. Humans were brutes in those days and needed it. That same religion is what Europeans have used to free themselves as we can observe today. They have killed their Gods and moved on as they rightly should since its just a boat used to cross a river. Boats becomes useless and weigh one down if held on to after crossing the river. You'd find they weight would determine how far you walk and would act as a controlling influence. You are blaming the boat instead of the fools who can't let go and free themselves from it's unnecessary burden, I'll have you consider.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Sorry about the length of that. And I notice the controlling opinion of the poster before me. I insist, it is an error in understanding. We humans can't be controlled and a God worth its existence would surely have worked that out by now. Any god that attempts to control humans will fail and end up on your opening list of dead gods because we humans will kill it off just by not worshipping it.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by musicwriter(m): 1:15am On Apr 17, 2019
budaatum:
I'm going to laugh at your mention of Odysseus. If anything, it should have been included in your dead gods, at least the ideas about gods in Odysseus should be. A comparable god I can think of is the God in the first six books of the Bible. And in my opinion, if that God had not evolved into Jesus Christ, we'd have killed it off too as Jung advised we should all our gods. I wonder if you know what he meant by that? Least be said, Odysseus is a far less complete description of whatever God may possibly be.

Jacobniegowski is referring to Jung's God. Jung derived a lot of his understanding of God from his study of the Christian God and how it evolved from pre-Christian ideas. He also wrote about the similarities of gods since his focus was in understanding and treating the psychological effects of people influenced by religion. To be honest, if you understood Jung, you'd very likely understand what I'm saying which tempts me to ask you what Jung's you've actually read.

The little I remember of the book of Ptah reads like Proverbs and The Book of the All-Virtuous Wisdom of Yeshua ben Sira, and could hardly be claimed to be a complete description of God.

The Bible itself is merely an image of God as conceived by those who wrote it. Yet even they managed to convey the fact that their image does not adequately describe God and warned of the error of making images of God because they would never completely describe whatever God may be. Christ sure is written to have warned against thinking God is whatever you may have read or thought God may be when he is written to have said "humans should not live by bread alone or they'd die of malnutrition." John too made us aware that the Bible is not a complete description of God with his "[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+21%3A25&version=NIV]Jesus[/url] did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written". And the Quran, which you mention, also claims to be incomplete when it is written in Luqman 31:27 that, "If all the trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise".

All this suggest that one should read every word that proceeds from God if one wishes to know God, a daunting endeavour no doubt, which is why most just simply believe. But even if one can read all that God wrote, one still has to work out what books these would be. Knowing this, how you can possibly claim any one book adequately describes God in books which clearly say otherwise amuses me. And you've failed to mention way more detailed expositions of God like that of pre-Christian Plato - writings which influenced the understanding of God in the Bible and likely made it necessary.

So that leaves us with your unknowability of God. I suggest you speak from your own view and your own knowledge and opinion of God obviously gathered from what has been religionised into you. This I say because you mention a "God of religion", as in an understanding gotten from a "particular system of faith and worship", which to me is bread alone and not every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. You also show this inadequacy in your claim that "The Gods of religion is an invention to control people", when the evidence suggests the exact opposite. Or do you seriously think humans would be freer without the religious texts they read? Is it not true that one who knows is less likely to be controlled? Is it not true that those who do not read get enslaved and controlled by those who do read? I put it to you that you perhaps have not read!

Those who assume they cannot know God are the sort whom when God is said to have said to Moses, “Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. You are to worship at a distance, but Moses alone is to approach the Lord; the others must not come near. And the people may not come up with him”, don't say what buda says. Buda be like, "What the fuq, Lord! Has Moses got two heads?! Is it not you who created buda also? I'm coming up too. And I'm coming near you!" Those who do not go up with buda and Moses, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel will most surely be controlled by those who do go up the mountain.

I'm going to suggest to you that God is very knowable, or at least, one can know quite a lot about God. One can study every book said to have been written or inspired by or about gods to gain a better understanding, at least. Then there's that which in Christianity is called the Comforter, which Christ is said to be sending back to minister to one when he's returned to the Father. He might have meant one's own ability to comprehend and reason, but I assure you that dim eyes would have a hard job understanding unless they become as children who have no preconceived ideas, opinion, dogmas, or beliefs. It is this inability to reenter your mother's womb that makes you insist on your dogma that religion is a means of control. I'll leave you with anecdotal evidence that it isn't.

Christianity in Europe in medieval times was a means of education. Humans were brutes in those days and needed it. That same religion is what Europeans have used to free themselves as we can observe today. They have killed their Gods and moved on as they rightly should since its just a boat used to cross a river. Boats becomes useless and weigh one down if held on to after crossing the river. You'd find they weight would determine how far you walk and would act as a controlling influence. You are blaming the boat instead of the fools who can't let go and free themselves from it's unnecessary burden, I'll have you consider.

I am only interested in your last paragraph which is a kind of new belief system.

What I see is that you have a different view of God which is not what Christians like you believe. But I can assure you even that is your transition to eventually come to the conclusion religion is unnecessary. I was in that hiatus for some years until I let go. Again, your emotional attachment to it is what's holding you back. There was no Adam and Eve and a talking snake in a garden. Its a myth!.

Religion was never a good thing in Europe cause once it was made the religion of the Roman empire, Europe entered the dark ages. It lasted for almost 1,000 years and they nearly annihilated themselves in the name of religion, until they actually let go of religion and entered what they call the renaissance period. That renaissance which you appear to suggest in your last paragraph is exactly what we need in Africa now. Unfortunately, it cannot happen while you still adore the bible as divine. There's nothing divine about the bible, unless you create that in your mind. The bible is not divine to me or to millions of Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, etc, who don't believe it. You're the one creating it's divinity!.

Of course, people had more freedom in ancient times without religion. People would still have more freedom today if not given a religion.

In below video, Adeboye is threatening people they'll go to hell if they don't pay their tithes. Religion is the basis for creating the fear that would have them succumb to his will. Religion creates fear that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Anyone Not Paying Tithe Is Not Going To Heaven” – Pastor Adeboye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpCgpR6dETY

1 Like

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 3:11am On Apr 17, 2019
musicwriter:

I am only interested in your last paragraph which is a kind of new belief system.

What I see is that you have a different view of God which is not what Christians like you believe. But I can assure you even that is your transition to eventually come to the conclusion religion is unnecessary.
You obviously know nothing about buda or buda's reputation or thought. And it seems you fail to understand what I've written or you would not accuse me of "adoring the bible as divine". Did you miss where I said humans wrote it and that it was "merely an image of God as conceived by those who wrote it"?

You clearly do not know much about Europe or religion in general either. Religion did not start with Christianity, and just about every civilisation since the dawn of time has had one. It is how we civilised ourselves. Or did you not know that the works of Homer were the bible of it's time, serving as a means of civilising in the form of education, or rather, what should be believed, which was the form education took until very recently and currently in Nigeria? Were Zeus and Osiris not gods of religions that predated Christianity. Education as we know it evolved out of religion having been a reserve of priests. The failure of Egypt to extend that education to the masses is what killed off their god's with later Egyptians believing the text on their walls, which they could no more read, was written by aliens from out of space. Christianity is what helped solve this problem in Europe by forcing people to go to school every Sunday to learn. Or did you think the masses were educated in any other way?

Europe, prior to the ascent of Christianity was a lot worse than during any age prior including the so called Dark Ages. History is very clear on this fact. You just need look at average lifespans and percentage death rates to confirm this to be true. The Renaissance itself was a rediscovery of texts that predated Christianity brought back by conquering Muslims in the form of Islam, another religion, which helped rejuvenate Christianity with its new ideas and thought, and which culminated in the scientific age when people abandoned belief and used their senses to seek to know instead.

We Nigerians are currently going through our own Renaissance (though I would rather call it our Age of Believing), during which we are seeking to understand religious texts and the gods they introduce to us. It's what we do on here. We state our beliefs thinking they are facts, when in truth we are just stating beliefs gained from the texts we've read. Belief, in anything, however, is an indication of a rigid mind, a childish one that refuses to budge when superior knowledge comes along. Regardless, die it must, and this is indeed what happens to religions when we humans grow up and abandon them. Or would you claim this generation believes like the one before us? Yet, before religions die, they serve a purpose of enlightenment. And it is that enlightenment that frees. Thankfully, we are here 'religionising' by debating, discussing and learning, and I reckon we are much better off for it. If our parents had the opportunity we now have I assure you we would have evolved much further than we currently have. A time will surely come when the value we place in believing is killed off by our desire to know. Our children will will stand on our shoulders and see much further than we have just as we stand on those of our parents. Then shall we abandon our childish beliefs and evolve into the Age of Knowing. I, personally, cannot wait.

Meanwhile, here's a thread with similar sentiments as expressed here.

1 Like

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 3:22am On Apr 17, 2019
Regarding your Adeboye vid. Martin Luther debunked that idea 500 years ago with his Ninety-five Theses written to oppose the practice of clergy selling certificates believed to reduce the temporal punishment in purgatory for sins committed by the purchasers or their loved ones. Those who bother to read would know this and would therefore not be controlled (and deceived) by that nonsense Adeboye is sprouting.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by walex1991(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2019
jesmond3945:
you are already a christian because you are already passed 80% but you are still victims of the current distortion of biblical text. Just like Jevoha witness and Mormonism and Christian science. The difference between yours and the others is that your progenitor was in the 9th century while others were in the 18th century.
Unlike your Bible, the Qur'an doesn't have different versions, isn't an account of any of the disciples or followers, doesn't have any contradictions in any of the chapters, and is even a testament to the lives of messengers and prophets before prophet Muhammad (SAW). As Muslims we're encouraged to read the previous holy books, old testament (Torah), new testament(Injil) and the book of David (zabur) as well as other holy books before them. Please read, broaden your horizons, don't be one eyed
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by musicwriter(m): 10:18am On Apr 17, 2019
budaatum:

You obviously know nothing about buda or buda's reputation or thought. And it seems you fail to understand what I've written or you would not accuse me of "adoring the bible as divine". Did you miss where I said humans wrote it and that it was "merely an image of God as conceived by those who wrote it"?

You clearly do not know much about Europe or religion in general either. Religion did not start with Christianity, and just about every civilisation since the dawn of time has had one. It is how we civilised ourselves. Or did you not know that the works of Homer were the bible of it's time, serving as a means of civilising in the form of education, or rather, what should be believed, which was the form education took until very recently and currently in Nigeria? Were Zeus and Osiris not gods of religions that predated Christianity. Education as we know it evolved out of religion having been a reserve of priests. The failure of Egypt to extend that education to the masses is what killed off their god's with later Egyptians believing the text on their walls, which they could no more read, was written by aliens from out of space. Christianity is what helped solve this problem in Europe by forcing people to go to school every Sunday to learn. Or did you think the masses were educated in any other way?

Europe, prior to the ascent of Christianity was a lot worse than during any age prior including the so called Dark Ages. History is very clear on this fact. You just need look at average lifespans and percentage death rates to confirm this to be true. The Renaissance itself was a rediscovery of texts that predated Christianity brought back by conquering Muslims in the form of Islam, another religion, which helped rejuvenate Christianity with its new ideas and thought, and which culminated in the scientific age when people abandoned belief and used their senses to seek to know instead.

We Nigerians are currently going through our own Renaissance (though I would rather call it our Age of Believing), during which we are seeking to understand religious texts and the gods they introduce to us. It's what we do on here. We state our beliefs thinking they are facts, when in truth we are just stating beliefs gained from the texts we've read. Belief, in anything, however, is an indication of a rigid mind, a childish one that refuses to budge when superior knowledge comes along. Regardless, die it must, and this is indeed what happens to religions when we humans grow up and abandon them. Or would you claim this generation believes like the one before us? Yet, before religions die, they serve a purpose of enlightenment. And it is that enlightenment that frees. Thankfully, we are here 'religionising' by debating, discussing and learning, and I reckon we are much better off for it. If our parents had the opportunity we now have I assure you we would have evolved much further than we currently have. A time will surely come when the value we place in believing is killed off by our desire to know. Our children will will stand on our shoulders and see much further than we have just as we stand on those of our parents. Then shall we abandon our childish beliefs and evolve into the Age of Knowing. I, personally, cannot wait.

Meanwhile, here's a thread with similar sentiments as expressed here.

Christianity became the official religion in Europe in 325 AD. Europe enters the dark ages from 400 AD up to 1000 AD, some say up to 1200 AD. This's the worst hour is European history and why its appropriately called the dark ages. This's basic history, so don't tell me you don't know that.

And, of course, I've said several times that the ancient people had a better understanding of God. I said it was a spiritual practice at that time, not religious dogma as is today. Well established religions such as Christianity and Islam are actually a degenerated spiritual system that has lost the true essence.

No, we are not in our renaissance yet in Africa. We're drowning in ignorance at this time because we hold on to religion. This's our dark ages!. We cannot move ahead unless we drop religion and choose spirituality in exchange, then add rationality and logic. This's what we need in mass to enter our renaissance.

Apart from the above, every other thing you said is actually laying credence that religion is unnecessary. In fact, from the link you shared where you talked about faith and knowledge, you're actually expressing the same sentiment as myself when you put knowledge above faith. If you wrote that yourself or even understand it, then you sound a kind of contradictory here.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by jesmond3945: 10:23am On Apr 17, 2019
walex1991:

Unlike your Bible, the Qur'an doesn't have different versions, isn't an account of any of the disciples or followers, doesn't have any contradictions in any of the chapters, and is even a testament to the lives of messengers and prophets before prophet Muhammad (SAW). As Muslims we're encouraged to read the previous holy books, old testament (Torah), new testament(Injil) and the book of David (zabur) as well as other holy books before them. Please read, broaden your horizons, don't be one eyed
yea the bible was translated to make it accessible to the whole world. Imagine if i had to learn greek to read the bible, I wouldn't even bother and you would agree with me the English embraced christianity through the roman empire and they needed to translate to understand the religion which led to the beginning of translation. In Islam every one is forced to learn arabic, I now ask does God have only one language? Is the Hadith which talks about Mohammed not a holy book in islam? However, the quaran has translations in english which are all over the internet and you know the easiest way to spread a religion is to make its holy book easier to read no matter the language. As with any translation, the meaning might differ but the message is still the same and you would agree with me that the quaran is a distortion of the new testament and plagiarizes elements of the torah. Even 18th century men like Joseph smith of mormon concoted his own bible. I bet you if Joseph was alive in the time of Mohammed, Mormonism would have been one of the largest religion in the world.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by walex1991(m): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2019
jesmond3945:
and you would agree with me that the quaran is a distortion of the new testament and plagiarizes elements of the torah. Even 18th century men like Joseph smith of mormon concoted his own bible. I bet you if Joseph was alive in the time of Mohammed, Mormonism would have been one of the largest religion in the world.
what. Agree with you that the Qur'an is a distortion of what?
I can't help but laugh at your claim. Even you know the apostles gave contradictory accounts on some crucial events in the Bible, some facts are simply not accurate, and some were juts plain different from the other. The Qur'an however was sent to bare witness to the other holy books before it, to establish and authenticate the previous prophets so the Muslims wouldn't regard Muhammad as the only prophet of God, to establish that there have been others before him (Abraham Isaac Jacob Noah Ishmael Jesus etc) to inculcate and recognise them and their teachings. And the Hadith being the live and teachings of the life of the prophet isn't to be regarded as a substitute to the Holy Qur'an. Of course there are translations to the holy Qur'an different versions in fact, but make no mistake supplications from the Holy Qur'an should be made in Arabic so as to effect accuracy of meaning. That's why the Arabic text can only be printed in Mecca to avoid distortions unlike the different versions of English Bible we have today. While the Bible is writings of the accounts and happenings by the followers of Jesus, Qur'an was dictated by God through Angel Gabriel to the prophet Muhammad which is not a new thing because even Moses spoke with God directly and has been the only prophet in recording to do so.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 11:08am On Apr 17, 2019
musicwriter:

Christianity became the official religion in Europe in 325 AD. Europe enters the dark ages from 400 AD up to 1000 AD, some say up to 1200 AD. This's the worst hour is European history and why its appropriately called the dark ages. This's basic history, so don't tell me you don't know that.
You perhaps need to read a bit more history. It might have seemed dark from the conquered Roman Empire perspective who's writings give you Dark Ages but it was not dark at all.

The term ‘The Dark Ages’ refers to the period between the fall of the Roman Empire and the Renaissance: the 5th – 14th centuries. It has been suggested that this period saw little scientific and cultural advancement. However, the term doesn’t stand up to much scrutiny – and many medieval historians have dismissed it.
Labelling this large period of history as a time of little cultural advancement and its peoples as unsophisticated is a sweeping generalisation and regularly considered to be incorrect. Indeed, many argue that ‘the Dark Ages’ never truly happened.
Busting the ‘Dark Ages’ myth

Why do we use the term 'Dark Ages'? Far from 'dark', the early medieval period saw religious diversity and the invention of new forms of art. Dr Janina Ramirez, art and cultural historian, shares 5 facts…A very quick glance at the remarkable manuscripts, metalwork, texts, buildings and individuals that saturate the early medieval period reveals that ‘Dark Age’ is now very much an out-of-date term. It’s best used as a point of reference against which to show how vibrant the time in fact was.
5 things you (probably) didn’t know about the Dark Ages

The Migration Period was a period that lasted from 375 AD (possibly as early as 300 AD) to 538 AD, during which there were widespread migrations of peoples within or into Europe, during and after the decline of the Western Roman Empire, mostly into Roman territory, notably the Germanic tribes and the Huns. This period has also been termed in English by the German loanword Völkerwanderung and—from the Roman and Greek perspective—the Barbarian Invasions. Many of the migrations were movements of Germanic, Hunnic, Slavic and other peoples into the territory of the then declining Roman Empire, with or without accompanying invasions or war.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by musicwriter(m): 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
budaatum:

You perhaps need to read a bit more history. It might have seemed dark from the conquered Roman Empire perspective who's writings give you Dark Ages but it was not dark at all.

The term ‘The Dark Ages’ refers to the period between the fall of the Roman Empire and the Renaissance: the 5th – 14th centuries. It has been suggested that this period saw little scientific and cultural advancement. However, the term doesn’t stand up to much scrutiny – and many medieval historians have dismissed it.
Labelling this large period of history as a time of little cultural advancement and its peoples as unsophisticated is a sweeping generalisation and regularly considered to be incorrect. Indeed, many argue that ‘the Dark Ages’ never truly happened.
Busting the ‘Dark Ages’ myth

Why do we use the term 'Dark Ages'? Far from 'dark', the early medieval period saw religious diversity and the invention of new forms of art. Dr Janina Ramirez, art and cultural historian, shares 5 facts…A very quick glance at the remarkable manuscripts, metalwork, texts, buildings and individuals that saturate the early medieval period reveals that ‘Dark Age’ is now very much an out-of-date term. It’s best used as a point of reference against which to show how vibrant the time in fact was.
5 things you (probably) didn’t know about the Dark Ages

The Migration Period was a period that lasted from 375 AD (possibly as early as 300 AD) to 538 AD, during which there were widespread migrations of peoples within or into Europe, during and after the decline of the Western Roman Empire, mostly into Roman territory, notably the Germanic tribes and the Huns. This period has also been termed in English by the German loanword Völkerwanderung and—from the Roman and Greek perspective—the Barbarian Invasions. Many of the migrations were movements of Germanic, Hunnic, Slavic and other peoples into the territory of the then declining Roman Empire, with or without accompanying invasions or war.

I have no idea where you copied that from but it is not the standard view of the dark ages. Its an anecdotal opinion of whoever you're quoting.

Its not just a suggestion, the dark ages was indeed a period of ''little scientific and cultural advancement'' in Europe. This's when you have the barbarians, the plague, crusades, inquisitions, endless wars, etc. This was a period when Europe was at its lowest in ignorance. In fact, they (themselves) said that all knowledge was lost within that era. People could no longer read or write cause institutions like schools had been destroyed in wars. It was so bad that they had to go to the Middle East and North Africa to steal knowledge before they could learn to read and write again.

Research the Roman empire, barbarians, the plague, crusades, inquisitions, the dark ages, at least see documentaries on youtube. Documentaries are scholarly materials put in video, its recommended than quoting what one man said.

This thread has been derailed......

2 Likes

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
musicwriter:

I have no idea where you copied that from but it is not the standard view of the dark ages. .
Links are included.
A standard view is God wrote or inspired the Bible to be written. Standard views are not always the correct views. And Documentaries can be crap since they are usually not subjected to peer reviews!
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by musicwriter(m): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
budaatum:
Links are included.
A standard view is God wrote or inspired the Bible to be written. Standard views are not always the correct views. And Documentaries can be crap since they are usually not subjected to peer reviews!

Who peer reviewed the bible?
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by vsound(m): 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
You must testify of this product but be ware of the fake remade sold cheap in the market

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by jesmond3945: 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
walex1991:
what. Agree with you that the Qur'an is a distortion of what?
I can't help but laugh at your claim. Even you know the apostles gave contradictory accounts on some crucial events in the Bible, some facts are simply not accurate, and some were juts plain different from the other. The Qur'an however was sent to bare witness to the other holy books before it, to establish and authenticate the previous prophets so the Muslims wouldn't regard Muhammad as the only prophet of God, to establish that there have been others before him (Abraham Isaac Jacob Noah Ishmael Jesus etc) to inculcate and recognise them and their teachings. And the Hadith being the live and teachings of the life of the prophet isn't to be regarded as a substitute to the Holy Qur'an. Of course there are translations to the holy Qur'an different versions in fact, but make no mistake supplications from the Holy Qur'an should be made in Arabic so as to effect accuracy of meaning. That's why the Arabic text can only be printed in Mecca to avoid distortions unlike the different versions of English Bible we have today. While the Bible is writings of the accounts and happenings by the followers of Jesus, Qur'an was dictated by God through Angel Gabriel to the prophet Muhammad which is not a new thing because even Moses spoke with God directly and has been the only prophet in recording to do so.
What are the contradictory accounts if I may ask? you are just talking about contradiction without mentioning the exact contradictions. If the Quaran recognises the older prophets why does it raise Mohammed in a cult like manner above other prophets? If people insult other prophets muslims have no problem but when Mohammed is insulted, they take up arms. Who says you must pray in Arabic before God can hear you? is God now partial, only hear you when you speak Arabic but closes His ears when you pray in Hausa? No wonder the Arabs see themselves as superior beings, because they see that they are closer to God than other races. Imagine that God gave them the right to print his text and no one else. Thats why they call you Abeed, that when you see a black man you have seen Shaytan and that your head is like burnt resins, all these thinking reinforced in the quaran. A fellow Muslim on this thread said that Muslims believe that Jesus would come again, is it true?
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 2:39am On Apr 18, 2019
musicwriter:

Who peer reviewed the bible?
No one last time I checked. Reason why it should be read with s critical mind if you asked me. But then, peer revieweds must be read with a critical mind too, since peers might just be wrong or just not completely correct in their understanding. Besides, you're a peer too so you'd better.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by walex1991(m): 8:52am On Apr 18, 2019
jesmond3945:
What are the contradictory accounts if I may ask? you are just talking about contradiction without mentioning the exact contradictions. If the Quaran recognises the older prophets why does it raise Mohammed in a cult like manner above other prophets? If people insult other prophets muslims have no problem but when Mohammed is insulted, they take up arms. Who says you must pray in Arabic before God can hear you? is God now partial, only hear you when you speak Arabic but closes His ears when you pray in Hausa? No wonder the Arabs see themselves as superior beings, because they see that they are closer to God than other races. Imagine that God gave them the right to print his text and no one else. Thats why they call you Abeed, that when you see a black man you have seen Shaytan and that your head is like burnt resins, all these thinking reinforced in the quaran. A fellow Muslim on this thread said that Muslims believe that Jesus would come again, is it true?
now you're just plain insulting me but no problem. Don't misquote me (supplications from the holy Qur'an are to be made in Arabic you can pray to your God in any code you want) and you will never see a true Muslim insult any of the prophets, the Muslims don't have just one prophet we believe in all sent by Allah including the divinity of Jesus Christ. And why would you of sane mind want to insult any of the prophets? Even if you don't accept Muhammad as a prophet of God you don't have to insult him, this is how people incite hate in the form of religion. No where is it mentioned in the Bible or Qur'an that you should insult a prophet, you're not even told to insult a false prophet at that. You know nothing about his work so what is your judgement of him based upon?
And about the abeed or Abdul and your stupid claim the Arabic make devil black or something. I thought I was talking to a learned, sensible and responsible person, I didn't know you have so much hate in your heart. Well I'll clarify things for you. The first person to call to prayer in public during the time of the prophet was a black Man (Bilal ibn Rabah) Muslim aren't racists! The people who named you black are the guys that brought you the Bible from Europe take up your fight with them. Abeed (Abdul) is a term when used correctly to signify total ownership by God on man and we as Muslims are proud to be the servants of Allah I'm an Abdullah (servant of God) you can keep worshiping Jesus but Jesus isn't God!.
And contradictory claims in the Bible Ooooh don't even get me started. The biggest one Paul said a man shall be judged by faith alone he doesn't need to work (Romans 3:20) Nd we then go to James who said faith alone doesn't cut it you need to work (James 2:24)
And the hour Jesus was crucified was it the 6th hour or after the 6th hour (John 19:14) he was still in Pilate's court (Mark 15:23) already crucified.
About bearing witness (John 5:31) vs (John 8:14). Your Holy spirit banned the preaching of the gospel in Asia well guess what? The Qur'an was sent to the corner of the whole world so many other contradictions. And yes Jesus is coming back it's in the Qur'an. And since you've derailed to issuing personal insults in your previous reply, I won't be replying you again. Your head is not correct
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Emmah123: 9:32am On Apr 18, 2019
What if the history books about gods that were said to have existed, how Christianity was tactically created and forced down on people etc which you guys claimed to have read were actually written with the aim of painting Christianity the way you currently see it after all some history books were proven in the past to be false?
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by jesmond3945: 11:26am On Apr 18, 2019
walex1991:
now you're just plain insulting me but no problem. Don't misquote me (supplications from the holy Qur'an are to be made in Arabic you can pray to your God in any code you want) and you will never see a true Muslim insult any of the prophets, the Muslims don't have just one prophet we believe in all sent by Allah including the divinity of Jesus Christ. And why would you of sane mind want to insult any of the prophets? Even if you don't accept Muhammad as a prophet of God you don't have to insult him, this is how people incite hate in the form of religion. No where is it mentioned in the Bible or Qur'an that you should insult a prophet, you're not even told to insult a false prophet at that. You know nothing about his work so what is your judgement of him based upon?
And about the abeed or Abdul and your stupid claim the Arabic make devil black or something. I thought I was talking to a learned, sensible and responsible person, I didn't know you have so much hate in your heart. Well I'll clarify things for you. The first person to call to prayer in public during the time of the prophet was a black Man (Bilal ibn Rabah) Muslim aren't racists! The people who named you black are the guys that brought you the Bible from Europe take up your fight with them. Abeed (Abdul) is a term when used correctly to signify total ownership by God on man and we as Muslims are proud to be the servants of Allah I'm an Abdullah (servant of God) you can keep worshiping Jesus but Jesus isn't God!.
And contradictory claims in the Bible Ooooh don't even get me started. The biggest one Paul said a man shall be judged by faith alone he doesn't need to work (Romans 3:20) Nd we then go to James who said faith alone doesn't cut it you need to work (James 2:24)
And the hour Jesus was crucified was it the 6th hour or after the 6th hour (John 19:14) he was still in Pilate's court (Mark 15:23) already crucified.
About bearing witness (John 5:31) vs (John 8:14). Your Holy spirit banned the preaching of the gospel in Asia well guess what? The Qur'an was sent to the corner of the whole world so many other contradictions. And yes Jesus is coming back it's in the Qur'an. And since you've derailed to issuing personal insults in your previous reply, I won't be replying you again. Your head is not correct
First let me tell you that the only person who insulted you is your holy prophet itself.
Mohammed called you raisin heads Sahih Al Bukhary vol 1 no 662 and vol. 9 no. 256 and no 7142
Mohammed called you pug-nosed slaves Sahih Moslem vol 9 pages 46 and 47
Of course Arabs call you Abeed,so why are you in denial https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/beyond-trafficking-and-slavery/she-is-not-abid-blackness-among-slave-descendants-in-southern-tunisia/
I am still saying the same thing, what do you understand by supplication? It means prayer to God. Why would I have to pray to God in only one language if the quaran is the only acceptable holy book? That means God is partial and is not sensitive to other languages and cultures. If it is insult moslems do that a lothttps://www.timesofisrael.com/pakistani-pm-west-using-muslim-anger-over-blasphemy-to-spread-propaganda/
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/muslim-boys-virgin-mary-quran-punishment-jesus-lebanon-christianity-respect-lebanon-tripoli-saad-a8208031.html
Don't let me bring up videos of anti-blackness in Islam cause nairaland bots would ban me. You are just hating yourself in order to be accepted by the Arabs. Even black muslim scholars are calling out the racism in the Muslim world. Racism is also in Christianity as well but you would understand racism in Christianity is a cultural thing rather than religious as mentioned in quaran.
In Roman 3 vs 20 he mentioned the works of the law and not the works of faith as mentioned in James. For example, if I help you I am not bounded by law but I am bounded by faith. So in Romans 3 vs 20 if you extend it to James it means You would be judged by the Laws that govern FAITH and not the Laws that govern the Universe.
I can see you like to distort biblical text if you mentioned the time of Jesus Crucifixion; In Mark 15 vs 25 it says 9 in the morning he was crucified and in John He was with pilate can't you see his death spanned from Friday at noon to 9 in the saturday. The present commemoration of Good friday to easter which is 3 days is just a what it is symbolic but the actual events spanned from friday to saturday. You would also agree with me that the timing used in ancient times although similar in context but differed in structure.
John 8 vs 14 Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. So where was the preaching in Asia banned? You have even blasphemed against the Holy Spirit which is an unforgivable sin. You can insult Christianity but never lie or insult the Holy Spirit.
If Jesus is coming back don't you see that your quaran is just a plagiarized text, how did they know that Jesus is coming back? Finally if Jesus is coming back and Mohammed is not why don't you value Jesus above Mohammed?
I never insulted you but I am telling you what is in your holy book and what the Arabs think of you, travel Middle east and see for yourself.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by walex1991(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
jesmond3945:
First let me tell you that the only person who insulted you is your holy prophet itself.
Mohammed called you raisin heads Sahih Al Bukhary vol 1 no 662 and vol. 9 no. 256 and no 7142
Mohammed called you pug-nosed slaves Sahih Moslem vol 9 pages 46 and 47
Of course Arabs call you Abeed,so why are you in denial https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/beyond-trafficking-and-slavery/she-is-not-abid-blackness-among-slave-descendants-in-southern-tunisia/
I am still saying the same thing, what do you understand by supplication? It means prayer to God. Why would I have to pray to God in only one language if the quaran is the only acceptable holy book? That means God is partial and is not sensitive to other languages and cultures. If it is insult moslems do that a lothttps://www.timesofisrael.com/pakistani-pm-west-using-muslim-anger-over-blasphemy-to-spread-propaganda/
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/muslim-boys-virgin-mary-quran-punishment-jesus-lebanon-christianity-respect-lebanon-tripoli-saad-a8208031.html
Don't let me bring up videos of anti-blackness in Islam cause nairaland bots would ban me. You are just hating yourself in order to be accepted by the Arabs. Even black muslim scholars are calling out the racism in the Muslim world. Racism is also in Christianity as well but you would understand racism in Christianity is a cultural thing rather than religious as mentioned in quaran.
In Roman 3 vs 20 he mentioned the works of the law and not the works of faith as mentioned in James. For example, if I help you I am not bounded by law but I am bounded by faith. So in Romans 3 vs 20 if you extend it to James it means You would be judged by the Laws that govern FAITH and not the Laws that govern the Universe.
I can see you like to distort biblical text if you mentioned the time of Jesus Crucifixion; In Mark 15 vs 25 it says 9 in the morning he was crucified and in John He was with pilate can't you see his death spanned from Friday at noon to 9 in the saturday. The present commemoration of Good friday to easter which is 3 days is just a what it is symbolic but the actual events spanned from friday to saturday. You would also agree with me that the timing used in ancient times although similar in context but differed in structure.
John 8 vs 14 Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. So where was the preaching in Asia banned? You have even blasphemed against the Holy Spirit which is an unforgivable sin. You can insult Christianity but never lie or insult the Holy Spirit.
If Jesus is coming back don't you see that your quaran is just a plagiarized text, how did they know that Jesus is coming back? Finally if Jesus is coming back and Mohammed is not why don't you value Jesus above Mohammed?
I never insulted you but I am telling you what is in your holy book and what the Arabs think of you, travel Middle east and see for yourself.

Jesus is coming back, Abraham is not, Moses is not, Adam is not other prophets aren't by your words they're all false prophets. How did they know Jesus is coming back, well how did they know about the creation of Earth is genesis? The Bible gave accounts of happenings before Jesus life by your definition it is plagiarised? Surely the Holy books have been sent to you to serve as reminders and to bare witness to others that have been sent before and to preach the existence of God but since since y'all have turned a prophet of God to a god himself how do I expect you to think. Moses spoke to God himself and even his followers didn't call him God. And yeah it's in the Bible your holy spirit forbade preaching the gospel in Asia. Since you've done well in basing your Quranic hatred on online search I'm sure you can search that too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / Innoson Redeems Car-Pledge To Chigozie, IMSU's Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 215
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.