Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days (52810 Views)

Temitayo Bello Bags 2nd PhD After 3 Masters, 3 Bachelor’s Degrees / Help, I'm Afraid I Could Be Expelled From School After 3 Years / FUTO Confirms Identities Of Students That Died During Foursome Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by jesmond3945: 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2019
walex1991:

Jesus is coming back, Abraham is not, Moses is not, Adam is not other prophets aren't by your words they're all false prophets. How did they know Jesus is coming back, well how did they know about the creation of Earth is genesis? The Bible gave accounts of happenings before Jesus life by your definition it is plagiarised? Surely the Holy books have been sent to you to serve as reminders and to bare witness to others that have been sent before and to preach the existence of God but since since y'all have turned a prophet of God to a god himself how do I expect you to think. Moses spoke to God himself and even his followers didn't call him God. And yeah it's in the Bible your holy spirit forbade preaching the gospel in Asia. Since you've done well in basing your Quranic hatred on online search I'm sure you can search that too
I didnt say they are false prophets. Mohammed is a prophet no doubt but Angel gabriel told him pbuh that Jesus would come back again. If that is true How would Jesus feel when He comes back and some people on this planet equate Him to the level of prophets. For someone to have the power to come back to this planet that means He is beyond a mere prophet. We never discussed creation, check our interactions but if we are going to discuss creation no problem. Read the torah very well, almost all the commands there are practiced by muslims today
Do not eat pork Lev 11: 7-8
Even the no alcohol is a pure new testament directive
Stone adulteres Lev 20 vs 10
In quaran 7 vs 10 Allah created in six days, is it not the same with the bible. Who wrote it first bible or quaran?
Don't you see the plagiarism? The same one in Jevoha witness' bible, the same in the book of mormon.
There is only one book, even the bible warned of such distortion to come in Rev 22: 18-19.
Come to think of it, why are you not reading the book of Mormon, since according to you it is a holy book? Or even Jehova witness bible?
Not even all the translated bibles are correct, some New Age proponents have started to distort the bible too. The only translation i respect is the old greek wordings and the king james and then somehow NIV. Other ones now are just Newage distortion.
In Acts 16 vs 6, their life was in danger if they went to Asia. God stopped them from going there. Are you telling me God is not sending people to Asian countries to preach and what becomes of them death. If you were a missionary don't you have the right to listen to the promptings of God to protect you from danger.
Also in another context is it not part of prophecy, right now can the Gospel be preached in Asia without someone loosing his life, common we see it in the news were Christians are mudered for preaching openly.
The only advise I would give you is this, forget quaran, forget Bible. Tell God Himself the you want to know the truth.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by vsound(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
This different of on the once you seen but be ware of the fake remade sold cheap in the market

1 Like

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Dami12345: 10:58am On Apr 20, 2019
CHESTER48:
some few years back I have been mastering how to charge chakra and astra project. Untill one. One night, the weather was cold, I laid down, trying to get my brain empty so I could concentrate on my breath and suddenly I opened my eyes to feel a very cold feeling of death, I stood up and noticed I was leaving my body, I looked by the left and saw a black looking thing, it immediately rushed me, took my legs I screamed and tried to run from it, but the grip was heavy I was able to free my self, I woke up with my heart beating, since then I have been scared to try astral projection. Upto now

Am curious on how you reached this stage .do enlight me pls.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 20, 2019
Dami12345:

Am curious on how you reached this stage .do enlight me pls.
first you have to stop believing all this Christianity folk tales. Cause they will only get u scared. Then read books about it. I'm sure it won't be had nonce u reach the vibration just pull from you body and you notice yourself floating.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Dami12345: 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2019
CHESTER48:
first you have to stop believing all this Christianity folk tales. Cause they will only get u scared. Then read books about it. I'm sure it won't be had nonce u reach the vibration just pull from you body and you notice yourself floating.

Na the process of I dey find. There is son much junk online I was hoping to avoid most of it by talking to someone who knows the path.

Of course I know Christianity is crap.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by hayoholla(m): 1:08pm On Apr 20, 2019
budaatum:
I'm going to laugh at your mention of Odysseus. If anything, it should have been included in your dead gods, at least the ideas about gods in Odysseus should be. A comparable god I can think of is the God in the first six books of the Bible. And in my opinion, if that God had not evolved into Jesus Christ, we'd have killed it off too as Jung advised we should all our gods. I wonder if you know what he meant by that? Least be said, Odysseus is a far less complete description of whatever God may possibly be.

Jacobniegowski is referring to Jung's God. Jung derived a lot of his understanding of God from his study of the Christian God and how it evolved from pre-Christian ideas. He also wrote about the similarities of gods since his focus was in understanding and treating the psychological effects of people influenced by religion. To be honest, if you understood Jung, you'd very likely understand what I'm saying which tempts me to ask you what Jung's you've actually read.

The little I remember of the book of Ptah reads like Proverbs and The Book of the All-Virtuous Wisdom of Yeshua ben Sira, and could hardly be claimed to be a complete description of God.

The Bible itself is merely an image of God as conceived by those who wrote it. Yet even they managed to convey the fact that their image does not adequately describe God and warned of the error of making images of God because they would never completely describe whatever God may be. Christ sure is written to have warned against thinking God is whatever you may have read or thought God may be when he is written to have said "humans should not live by bread alone or they'd die of malnutrition." John too made us aware that the Bible is not a complete description of God with his "[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+21%3A25&version=NIV]Jesus[/url] did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written". And the Quran, which you mention, also claims to be incomplete when it is written in Luqman 31:27 that, "If all the trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise".

All this suggest that one should read every word that proceeds from God if one wishes to know God, a daunting endeavour no doubt, which is why most just simply believe. But even if one can read all that God wrote, one still has to work out what books these would be. Knowing this, how you can possibly claim any one book adequately describes God in books which clearly say otherwise amuses me. And you've failed to mention way more detailed expositions of God like that of pre-Christian Plato - writings which influenced the understanding of God in the Bible and likely made it necessary.

So that leaves us with your unknowability of God. I suggest you speak from your own view and your own knowledge and opinion of God obviously gathered from what has been religionised into you. This I say because you mention a "God of religion", as in an understanding gotten from a "particular system of faith and worship", which to me is bread alone and not every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. You also show this inadequacy in your claim that "The Gods of religion is an invention to control people", when the evidence suggests the exact opposite. Or do you seriously think humans would be freer without the religious texts they read? Is it not true that one who knows is less likely to be controlled? Is it not true that those who do not read get enslaved and controlled by those who do read? I put it to you that you perhaps have not read!

Those who assume they cannot know God are the sort whom when God is said to have said to Moses, “Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. You are to worship at a distance, but Moses alone is to approach the Lord; the others must not come near. And the people may not come up with him”, don't say what buda says. Buda be like, "What the fuq, Lord! Has Moses got two heads?! Is it not you who created buda also? I'm coming up too. And I'm coming near you!" Those who do not go up with buda and Moses, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel will most surely be controlled by those who do go up the mountain.

I'm going to suggest to you that God is very knowable, or at least, one can know quite a lot about God. One can study every book said to have been written or inspired by or about gods to gain a better understanding, at least. Then there's that which in Christianity is called the Comforter, which Christ is said to be sending back to minister to one when he's returned to the Father. He might have meant one's own ability to comprehend and reason, but I assure you that dim eyes would have a hard job understanding unless they become as children who have no preconceived ideas, opinion, dogmas, or beliefs. It is this inability to reenter your mother's womb that makes you insist on your dogma that religion is a means of control. I'll leave you with anecdotal evidence that it isn't.

Christianity in Europe in medieval times was a means of education. Humans were brutes in those days and needed it. That same religion is what Europeans have used to free themselves as we can observe today. They have killed their Gods and moved on as they rightly should since its just a boat used to cross a river. Boats becomes useless and weigh one down if held on to after crossing the river. You'd find they weight would determine how far you walk and would act as a controlling influence. You are blaming the boat instead of the fools who can't let go and free themselves from it's unnecessary burden, I'll have you consider.

Budatum, I must confess I love your write-up above. But my question is are you arguing from a philosophical angle. Because, your argument lean in that direction. Musicwriter might have a vendetta against religion. But I think he's arguing for the necessity of doing away with our culture in favour of religion that does not concerns us, I think that his where he is right. Do we really need it. What happened to us going back to African spirituality, is there any crime in that. And from your write up, I can deduce you are a liberal man who believe there's truth in every school of thought. But why must it be the status quo. And we should ask ourselves this question too, has religion been found worthy to achieve spirituality, has it been found worthy to be a moral guideline to live a morally upright life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by calculator123(m): 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2019
musicwriter:

Well, I am here almost everyday and can provide books about ancient Africa and also origin of religion. Should you need it, email: kemeticphilosophy@gmail

But you must understand that ''I believe is not the same as I know.'' When you know something, you'll no longer need faith. Tomorrow is Monday. You don't need belief or faith to make that happen. Its better to know than to believe.

Belief put you in fear. Knowledge sets you free.
Incorrect mail
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by bodee(m): 11:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
musicwriter:

Well, I am here almost everyday and can provide books about ancient Africa and also origin of religion. Should you need it, email: kemeticphilosophy@gmail

But you must understand that ''I believe is not the same as I know.'' When you know something, you'll no longer need faith. Tomorrow is Monday. You don't need belief or faith to make that happen. Its better to know than to believe.

Belief put you in fear. Knowledge sets you free.
Please Sir, you said it's high time we left religion for spirituality. Sir, please I would like to know the difference between religion and spirituality. Most importantly, what does spirituality entail? Thanks in anticipation of your earnest reply Sir?
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 21, 2019
Dami12345:

Na the process of I dey find. There is son much junk online I was hoping to avoid most of it by talking to someone who knows the path.

Of course I know Christianity is crap.
try something like. When you lie down and free it mind make sure everywhere is quite. Try it around 12 am or 1 am. Then think of things impossible. Like imagine your self flying. Or walking on water. Don't sleep off lol. Cause slept off so many times
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Dami12345: 10:27am On Apr 21, 2019
CHESTER48:
try something like. When you lie down and free it mind make sure everywhere is quite. Try it around 12 am or 1 am. Then think of things impossible. Like imagine your self flying. Or walking on water. Don't sleep off lol. Cause slept off so many times

Okay. I will. Thanks will give updates.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by musicwriter(m): 3:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
bodee:
Please Sir, you said it's high time we left religion for spirituality. Sir, please I would like to know the difference between religion and spirituality. Most importantly, what does spirituality entail? Thanks in anticipation of your earnest reply Sir?

Just in case you're not aware but I don't like that tag ''sir'' associated to me. Sir was a title that English people gave to slave traders, thieves, murders. Example; in 1919, a British man, Reginald, killed more than 10,000 people in India. He returned to England to a hero's welcome. His social status arose and he was called sir. The British people also gave him over $500 million to say say thank you.

So, when we call ourselves this title, we actually assume the supremacy of those that enslaved us!. In other words, we become our own enemy!. And this's why we can't get things right in Africa because we have adopted an alien perception of reality. Thus, are unable to understand ourselves and solution to our problems.

Now to your question.....................

Spirituality means exploring reality beyond religions. You would look for meaning of life beyond religions. But if you're not spiritual you'll think that your Christianity or Islam has figured out the meaning and purpose of life.

If you even go higher in spirituality, you could explore beyond science i.e metaphysics. A metaphysics (which is actually what I mean by spirituality) would choose ''knowledge'' instead of ''believing'' in something. He would try to understand how the mind works, how reality is generated and why you believe in what you believe. It allows you to understand that everything is all connected and that we're are all one with nature. Therefore, we're one and the same with God. We're not separate from God and we shouldn't be looking for God outside of ourselves.

A spiritual person understands that God cannot be limited by a so called holy book or doctrines. As a result, he would want to know more and more about what we call God, instead of a religious person that would be satisfied with ''just accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior'' or ''accept Muhammad as the messenger of Allah'' and all would be fine.

Spirituality helps you understand there's more meaning to life than Jesus or Muhammad. It gives common sense enough to understand that God would never ask for tithe or put a middle man between itself and us or put someone in hell. A spiritual person would understand that any such teaching must be false because it doesn't pass the test of common sense. If you're spiritual you would, for instance, understand that there's no difference between Christianity and Islam or other religions. They're all saying and doing the same thing at the end of the day.

The ancient people practiced spirituality, unfortunately, Europeans and Arabs came in and placed themselves in the position of God and claimed God gave them a book about himself. But that's a lie!. They wrote the books themselves to control people.

This guy did a nice job trying to explain how a spiritual person may understand the real God. See https://jacobniegowski.com/the-real-god/
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by musicwriter(m): 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
calculator123:

Incorrect mail

Gmail should end with gmail.com . Thanks for your kind understanding.

1 Like

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by calculator123(m): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
musicwriter:

Gmail should end with gmail.com . Thanks for your kind understanding.
Email sent
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
musicwriter:

A metaphysics (which is actually what I mean by spirituality) would choose ''knowledge'' instead of ''believing'' in something. He would try to understand how the mind works, how reality is generated and why you believe in what you believe. It allows you to understand that everything is all connected and that we're are all one with nature. Therefore, we're one and the same with God. We're not separate from God and we shouldn't be looking for God outside of ourselves.

This made me think of something I'd written some while back. I wonder what you make of it.

musicwriter:

This guy did a nice job trying to explain how a spiritual person may understand the real God. See https://jacobniegowski.com/the-real-god/
But it's this that I felt to respond to since you caused me to read it again. I wonder if you have come across Mysterium Coniunctionis. It is Volume 14 of Jung's Collected Works and is subtitled An Inquiry into the Separation and Synthesis of Psychic Opposites in Alchemy. I must say that it does what it says on the cover. I wonder if he might have explained it better himself.

Here's a pdf download.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
hayoholla:

Budatum, I must confess I love your write-up above. But my question is are you arguing from a philosophical angle. Because, your argument lean in that direction. Musicwriter might have a vendetta against religion. But I think he's arguing for the necessity of doing away with our culture in favour of religion that does not concerns us, I think that his where he is right. Do we really need it. What happened to us going back to African spirituality, is there any crime in that. And from your write up, I can deduce you are a liberal man who believe there's truth in every school of thought. But why must it be the status quo. And we should ask ourselves this question too, has religion been found worthy to achieve spirituality, has it been found worthy to be a moral guideline to live a morally upright life.
Respect. That's why I have not got round to replying you till now. The fact you appear to see what's there has made me take time to consider my response. So, here goes.

No, I am not "arguing for a philosophical angle" (on the assumption that by "philosophical angle", you mean "looking at it philosophically" ). The angle one looks at a thing determines what one sees. If one does not move to other angles, one might believe one has seen, yet, if one moved to other angles it might seem different. So, move around to different angles and look again, at least, just in case, would be my preferred angle; and not just standing in one angle assuming what I see is what another sees or what is there even. In biblespeak, I eat not only bread for fear of becoming malnourished. One should not limit one's angles just as one should not limit oneself to the use of only the five senses. Hermetically, materialistically, spiritually, gnostically, agnostically, atheistically, sceptically, cynically, logically, rationally, irrationally, fundamentally, critically, stupidly, religiously, philosophically etc, are just a very few other angles one could consider looking from, is my leaning and what I would argue for, at least for those who wish to be well nourished.

I don't think Musicwriter has a vendetta against religion. He just seems to think that religion is used to control which makes me think he views religion from limited angles and wonder if it is from the angle of the controlled. Merely reading the scripture debunks this notion. Religion is simply the continuous teaching or practise of doctrine. I wonder if Music might consider that it is the teaching of wrong doctrines (of single view wrong angles), that he disagrees with. I get this feeling from his opposition to "belief", which we share (though not acknowledged by either of us yet). I never could stand hearing people saying they don't believe gods exist, for instance. I was a "gods do not exist except in the minds of those in whom they have been created" atheist for most of my life until recently when I decided to create god in my own mind and become a theist.

Most Nigerians have not considered religion otherwise but from a believing angle. Even atheists do it when they limit religion to belief and see theism as believing. Imagine taking a believing attitude about any fiction you've ever read! Even as a child I had difficulty with that. I'll illustrate. Many read how Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden and got kicked out for being disobedient. It comes so early in the book that it sort of puts one at the angle through which the rest of the book might be seen. That angle clearly is, 'if one disobeys one's lord one will suffer', and is a fundamental belief of most readers of that story. A cynical angle however might make Adam and Eve appear enslaved somewhere and kept ignorant and naked until they were freed by a snake. You might see how one view might enslave one while the other might show one the enslaver from whom one must free oneself. Another angle, the childish one perhaps, might be that of the snake freeing slaves and cause one to go about freeing other people. All angles are not controlling angles, is my point, despite the predominant accepted angle being one of control as Music pointed out. However, that can only be said in complete disregard of the snake, and our Lord Jesus Christ, in my opinion. Neither was controlling. There might be value in looking at scripture and religion from a different angle and even from multiple angles at once, is what I'd have considered.

Regarding going back to "African Spirituality", you might want to consider my view as expressed here. The summary would be, 'We can't go back to some horrible nasty brutal past, nor are we maintaining some status quo. Onward everybody! Evolve!' Except some think the past was rosy. I wonder if that's due to the lack of a historical angle in the Nigerian education system. Regardless, you still can't go back to the past. Least not without a time machine or something of the like.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Amujale(m): 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
Obatala
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Amujale(m): 12:13am On Jul 11, 2019
The Jesus character was invented by the Romans

He takes out of various older characters, the most popular is Horus and this due to the striking characteristics they both possess.

The obvious one is the Mother-Child relationship,

Isis and Horus
Mary and Jesus

Then you have them using similar terminology:

"I am Horus in glory . . . I am the Lord of the Light . . . I am the victorious one . . . I am the heir of endless time . . . I, even I, am he that knoweth the path of heaven"

Then you have the "Ankh", according to Ancient Egyptians is supposed to be the symbol of re-birth or reincarnation. The one Horus is holding in the depiction below.

The authors of Abrahamic text plagerized Ancient Egyptian text and religious concepts as they did with various many others.

These similar pattern is also identified with relationships between Jesus and Krishna, Jesus and Buddha e.t.c

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by deltateam: 3:54am On Jul 11, 2019
@ musicwriter

These Gods are the personification of the Sun resonance frequency. The Allegory of the Son (Sun) as the Light of the World. The Savior of Mankind, from Darkness.

The Sun (Son) Shines and Darkness comprehendeth it not. He (Sun) rises in the morning (Morning Star) and shall return again in the clouds (every other morning). Jesus is also called Light of the world, but in essence, it is the Sun. Christianity is the worship of the Sun.

There are always different dispensations, and in every dispensation, a story is told, to unite the world and continue the Sacrifice on 25th of December every year. Jesus was not birthed that day. But was arranged in such a way that the killing of animals to free the Souls to Soul is done on that day. It is a ritual that must be conducted. But what it really is, is that to keep the nuclear fusion of the Sun controlled, much quanta of energy has to be generated by freeing up Souls which are quanta of energy and as the energy is attracted through our Portal (Gateway Star - Sol) which is our Sun, the fusion process is continually synthesized while the Conscious Spirit returns to Source and Beyond for those who are Player Characters, while the Non-Player Characters cease to exist after recycling.

So, there are different levels of understanding of the energy generation which must keep the Universe in Play, which is illustrated in Religions, but as you go further and you become Spiritual and get trapped in thinking religion is the only level of scam, but you meet with ritualistic spirituality, another level of the decoy, before you finally get to the Electric Universe Model and the Holographic Simulation level of understanding. That is when you begin to understand the nature of Soul and its relationship to Sol (Sun) and how the exchange of ions and electrons is functional in the fusion process in keeping the Matrix running and the Game of Life hosted in the Universe. The blueprint of our universe is a toroidal field of energy with a gyroscopic plane at the center where we reside.

The Jesus Christ in Christianity, does not really exist as it is preached. But a Spiritual Master must always be used to design a story in other to keep humanity hooked to morality while promoting Love and Light. Every of those Masters and Savior were designed using an existing wise man, it really did not matter which name, cos as long as the name goes through invocation of mass consciousness, magic will always happen.

I want you to understand that time is not linear. Time is just the tracking of allocation of frame of duration to enable us stay on our feet and play our roles. There are always people who will live in the Dark Ages even in 22nd Century despite the advancement in technology, but what is happening at the moment is that the Old System has been phased out as a New World Order has been designed to move the civilization away from the Worship Programs of the Anu's Dynasty to shared culture of the Galactic Federation of Beings. At the moment, there are many ET/Alien civilization who are trying to hijack our plane of existence from the original owners and the new technologies are here because more advance ET civilization is against the worship programs of the Orion Dynasty that designed our bodies.

We must understand that the ETs are not really against us, they are fascinated that we were treated as slaves and those who are free from Religious controls of the Elohim are being activated to act as gateways, energy generators and Antennae for broadcast of new sets of frequencies to help channel different data into our world. Soon enough this planet will be unrecognizably beautiful.

I can see the future, and it is fuccking beautiful. But Religions and the Worship/Savior Programs of our earlier designers have to give way to a more robust relationship with a different race of ETs who are ready to exchange technologies with us and have fair deals with us.

Enjoy your time under the sun.

Happy Sun Day, the Day of the worship of the Sun ,....

See how you are using worldly wisdom to discern the things of the spirit. It doesn't work that way.
Jesus is depicted as the Lion of the tribe of Judah. These are merely figurative expressions.

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/3-19.htm&hl=pcm-NG

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-18.htm&hl=pcm-NG

Op to set you right finally.Bible called Christians the light of the world. Is it the light you know?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biblegateway.com/passage/%3Fsearch=Matthew+5:14-16&version=KJV&interface=amp
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2019
binary007:
How many of the listed gods above went to heaven? @op

Or what are they doing with their lives at present.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by musicwriter(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
deltateam:

See how you are using worldly wisdom to discern the things of the spirit. It doesn't work that way.
Jesus is depicted as the Lion of the tribe of Judah. These are merely figurative expressions.

Op to set you right finally.Bible called Christians the light of the world. Is it the light you know?

Its you that needs be set right, cause you're languishing in an alien religion used to enslave your ancestors. I don't know when you all would come out of this since you're satisfied with your bible book of indoctrination, therefore, allergic to new knowledge from historical research.

It is important you note that the bible you've quoted is not a book of knowledge when taken outside your church. Example; figurative, metaphoric, allegorical expressions originated from real life situations NOT from your bible. Figurative and metaphoric use in speech such as ''the light of the world'' had been in use for thousands of years to refer to other gods when nobody knew of Jesus or Mary or Joseph.

John is a lion (meaning John is a strong man) came to be used that way because our ancestors over thousands of years of seeing the lion knows that its a strong animal. It is from those real life situations that today's ''John is a lion'' figurative, metaphor were derived.

So, are all figurative, metaphoric, allegorical derived from the SUN. Light of the world speech originated because ancient people worshiped the SUN. The SUN was one of the earliest God worshiped by humanity because ancient people could see for themselves that the sun is literally the light of the world. It is, indeed, from this real life situation that your Jesus and other gods like Mithra were called the light of the world.

Jesus is a European pagan god representing the Sun. And what day do you worship it? SUNday!!. The day of the SUN!!.

Sunday is the day the pagan god Mithra was was worshiped in ancient Europe. When the Roman empire morphed Mithraism and other religions together, they created Christianity but they retained the day of the worship of the pagan sun god Mithra. That's why your Jesus is called the light of the world. So, you see, the figurative use today didn't fell from the sky, it has a history.

The following books are for anybody who want to research more about the origin of Christianity.

Bible myths and their parallel in other religions- T.W Doane
Christianity before Christ- John G Jackson
The sixteen crucified saviors- Karsey Graves
101 Myths of the Bible: How ancient scribes invented biblical history- Gary Greenberg
NAILED: Ten Christian myths that show Jesus never existed at all- David Fitzgerald.
Myth and ritual in Christianity- Alan Watts
Anacalypsis- Godfrey Higgins

And if you don't have time and want a summary, the below documentary and lecture explains the African origin of Christianity, and all other religions for that matter.

The origin of all religions - Dr. Robert Bauval
How Europeans hijacked African spirituality to control the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NisfS4x1R4

The origin of all religions - Dr. James Small

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB8qZQ_SkLw

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Amujale(m): 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
Romulus: Roman state deity, has death and resurrection celebrated annualy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Amujale(m): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
Zalmoxis: Thracian deity, Eastern and South Eastern Europeans believe that his death and resurrection assures them of eternal life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by bodee(m): 11:15am On Mar 22, 2021
musicwriter:

Just in case you're not aware but I don't like that tag ''sir'' associated to me. Sir was a title that English people gave to slave traders, thieves, murders. Example; in 1919, a British man, Reginald, killed more than 10,000 people in India. He returned to England to a hero's welcome. His social status arose and he was called sir. The British people also gave him over $500 million to say say thank you.

So, when we call ourselves this title, we actually assume the supremacy of those that enslaved us!. In other words, we become our own enemy!. And this's why we can't get things right in Africa because we have adopted an alien perception of reality. Thus, are unable to understand ourselves and solution to our problems.

Now to your question.....................

Spirituality means exploring reality beyond religions. You would look for meaning of life beyond religions. But if you're not spiritual you'll think that your Christianity or Islam has figured out the meaning and purpose of life.

If you even go higher in spirituality, you could explore beyond science i.e metaphysics. A metaphysics (which is actually what I mean by spirituality) would choose ''knowledge'' instead of ''believing'' in something. He would try to understand how the mind works, how reality is generated and why you believe in what you believe. It allows you to understand that everything is all connected and that we're are all one with nature. Therefore, we're one and the same with God. We're not separate from God and we shouldn't be looking for God outside of ourselves.

A spiritual person understands that God cannot be limited by a so called holy book or doctrines. As a result, he would want to know more and more about what we call God, instead of a religious person that would be satisfied with ''just accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior'' or ''accept Muhammad as the messenger of Allah'' and all would be fine.

Spirituality helps you understand there's more meaning to life than Jesus or Muhammad. It gives common sense enough to understand that God would never ask for tithe or put a middle man between itself and us or put someone in hell. A spiritual person would understand that any such teaching must be false because it doesn't pass the test of common sense. If you're spiritual you would, for instance, understand that there's no difference between Christianity and Islam or other religions. They're all saying and doing the same thing at the end of the day.

The ancient people practiced spirituality, unfortunately, Europeans and Arabs came in and placed themselves in the position of God and claimed God gave them a book about himself. But that's a lie!. They wrote the books themselves to control people.

I will be highly ungrateful if I don't appreciate you for this. Thanks a lot and I'm deeply sorry for the late response/acknowledgement.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Obc1234(m): 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
musicwriter:

That's a good question.

And the answer is because ancient people first worshiped the sun, which they conceived as sitting in the center of the universe. They called the sun the light of the world. It ended up in Matthew 5:14-16. They called it the bright morning star. It ended up in Revelation 22:16.

They were able to calculate the suns life rotation and they realized the sun passes through 12 constellations (star systems)- Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. See attached image.

They divided the time into 12 ages; just like the Chinese still say they're in the age of dragon and later they'll enter another age according to their calculation. By the way, that's how the 12 disciples later emerged.

The sun is permanently in the center, so they believed the sun had crucified itself at that location to save humanity. See attached image.

Its not difficult to see how the idea of a cross could drift into the mind of an artisan to use a cross emblem as the representation for all the crucified saviors- see below how I cut out part of the image. That's how they arrived at a cross.

This video throws more light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXU05I1yQ1M

Note: Nobody died on the cross, ancient people didn't understand it that way, rather they understood it symbolically as I explained with the sun. In neighboring Benin republic, the voodoo initiate still die for 3 days and resurrects on the 3rd day. Till today, they still symbolically commemorate the death and resurrection of an initiate!.

Imperialist Europeans are the ones who harnessed these ancient myths and anthropomorphized it to control the world. And the reason they made it that way is so they can say they witnessed the resurrection of Jesus and, therefore, should sit on the top hierarchy of the belief system they created- which is how the catholic church was born. It remained the only one universal church until about 1054 AD or thereabout when it began to disintegrate.

See below image, and do watch that video for more information.
Everytime ancient people did this or that without any record, when did writing started self
They want to copy Jesus, changing story daily
Come with another propaganda Biko, this one is not working
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 1:05am On Jan 15, 2022
musicwriter:

The real God cannot be known, because its unknowable.

But that's the thing. There is no "real God".

Everything we read about gods are created by human beings. And we have so many gods because humans in different locations have different needs to conceive their gods with.

And we abandon inferior gods for superior gods, at least mindful people do. I.e. Zeus for Yahweh, Yahweh for Jesus, and my own tribes abandonment of Sango, Ogun and Sopona for Jesus Christ and Mohammed.

When one finds treasure in a field, one sells ones idols and uses the money to buy the field. We after all do benefit from the allegories we read.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by LordReed(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2022
musicwriter:
Here are names of Gods throughout history that are said to have died and resurrected.

OSIRIS
An Egyptian, Ethiopian, Sudanese God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 5,000 YEARS before Jesus.

HORUS
An Egyptian, Ethiopian, Sudanese God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 3,000 YEARS before Jesus.

BUDDHA
An Indian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 600 YEARS before Jesus.

KRISHNA
An Indian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 900 YEARS before Jesus..

ZARATHUSTRA
An Iranian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 1,000 YEARS before Jesus.

HERCULES
A Greek God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 800 YEARS before Jesus.

MITHRA
An Iranian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 600 YEARS before Jesus.

DIONYSUS
A Greek God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 500 YEARS before Jesus..

THAMMUZ
A Babylonian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 2,000 YEARS before Jesus.

HERMES
A Greek God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 200 YEARS before Jesus.

ADONIS
A Phoenician God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 200 YEARS before Jesus.

JESUS CHRIST
A Roman God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 1-30 AD.

Source: World history.

Top books on this topic could be found below. Right click on the links to make sure you have the exact book.

The world's sixteen crucified saviors- Karsey Graves

Christianity before Christ- John G Jackson

Who Is This King of Glory? a Critical Study of the Christos-Messiah Tradition- Alvin Boyd

Bible myths and their parallel in other religions- T.W Doane

Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed at All- David Fitzgerald

Jesus Never existed- Kenneth Humphreys

Caesar's Messiah: The Roman conspiracy to invent Jesus- Joseph Atwil

101 Myths of the Bible: How ancient scribes invented biblical history- Gary Greenberg

Anacalypsis VOL 1 & VOL 2- Godfrey Higgins

Jesusjnr2020 take note. LoLz.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2022
musicwriter:

BUDDHA
An Indian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 600 YEARS before Jesus.

I never noticed this, and doubt it's true!

Where's your source, music? Below is mine.

https://factsanddetails.com/world/cat55/sub355/entry-6452.html

1 Like

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by crystalmoon(m): 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2023
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Amujale(m): 10:29pm On May 21, 2023
As it’s being established beyond any doubt, the fact that there are various characters from back in the days who are said by their followings, to have died and resurrected, in my mind there are only a handful that could even be really mentioned as to be qualified as such, our great God being one of these entities that befits such qualification and there’s RE.

Re performs splendour and might, daily strengthening our very existence just being there in a precious humble.
Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by Estobi(m): 5:29am On Sep 19, 2023
@Budaatum and @Musiclover you guys are amazing and reminiscing about all you guys have wrote. I would love to see you brothers in person to learn more practically on spirituality.

For my own little contribution musiclover have a point that religion is used to control people and from another angle it has led to search for the truth which is questioning your faith.

I will use myself as an example; I've been tossed like locust in life struggling in Lagos ups and downs but nothing to show for it. My life was Chaotic with all faithfulness as Christian to the extent that I've to travel to my hometown in Anambra where I discovered the root of my problems. I started to see that religion has been used as a cover for evil-doers...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days by budaatum: 11:00am On Oct 16, 2023
Estobi:
@Budaatum and

See my profile please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 Stupid Grammar Mistakes That Even Smart People Make. / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.