Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,481,707 members, 5,618,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 26 May 2020 at 06:27 AM

What Is God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God? (2840 Views)

Jesus Christ Is God Almighty / Why Is God Always Angry In The Old Testament / Unified Field Theory-consciousness Is The Unified Field, Self Is God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is God? by Emmanystone: 9:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Male bonding
I already said.
But you said females aren't excluded.
You guys seems to be playing a game outside of here.

Anyways, let me mind my business.
Re: What Is God? by godisgood200: 9:13pm On Feb 23, 2018
budaatum:

A level headed atheist! Cheers to future gists.
Yes, i said that because, you actually converse instead of cuss. Them atheists here are flimsy and petty and. They start up threads, when Christians comment they respond with cusses.

One medal goes to ... TheHumanistHim.

1 Like

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Male bonding
I already said.
Lol!
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 10:57pm On Feb 23, 2018
Emmanystone:

Don't mind him. Cold is wiring his ass.
Re: What Is God? by Emmanystone: 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2018
budaatum:

Don't mind him. Cold is wiring his ass.
Oh, you guys are playing Chess online.

1 Like

Re: What Is God? by MuttleyLaff: 6:24am On Feb 24, 2018
Emmanystone:

budaatum:
Don't mind him.
Cold is wiring his ass.

Emmanystone:
Oh, you guys are playing Chess online.
It wasnt a secret
Even before I posted that "females aren't necessarily excluded and so welcomed too", the earlier invite was open to all
Re: What Is God? by Emmanystone: 8:17am On Feb 24, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

It wasnt a secret
Even before I posted that "females aren't necessarily excluded and so welcomed too", the earlier invite was open to all
I didn't see the invite. I don't understand the rules of Chess, so can't play it and won't enjoy it even if i watched you guys. So, enjoy your bonding.

Good morning brother.
Re: What Is God? by MuttleyLaff: 9:00am On Feb 24, 2018
Emmanystone:
I didn't see the invite. I don't understand the rules of Chess, so can't play it and won't enjoy it even if i watched you guys. So, enjoy your bonding
I didn't either understand the rules before too.
As a matter of fact, I wasn't even taught how to play it.
I learnt how to, from my uni days, watching guys come to play in my room then and asking questions, like, so that's how that moves erh etcetera, at which whoever I ask, replies back in affirmative.

The rule(s) is about going through a process of annihilation and the goal is to bring the king's head back, hung on a stake.

It's enjoying to watch, as much as playing it, is

Emmanystone:
Good morning brother.
Top of the day to you sister.
Re: What Is God? by Emmanystone: 9:27am On Feb 24, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I didn't either understand the rules before too.
As a matter of fact, I wasn't even taught how to play it.
I learnt how to, from my uni days, watching guys come to play in my room then and asking questions, like, so that's how that moves erh etcetera, at which whoever I ask, replies back in affirmative.

The rule(s) is about going through a process of annihilation and the goal is to bring the king's head back, hung on a stake.

It's enjoying to watch as much as playing it, is

Top of the day to you sister.
Yes sir. I love to watch the game of Tennis because i know their rules. Love Snooker too.i love soccer. These shd do lol
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2019
budaatum:

This is a secret, so don't tell anyone please. But if I had a god, this is one thread where I will scream it from the mountaintop, if I were that way inclined, and if anyone questioned me about my god, I will tell them to go suck on something for I do not have to justify my god to anyone!
But that shouldn't preclude me from saying what god is to me, so, here goes.

God fills gaps. Sorry theists, but it's a fact. When many try to describe what God is, you would find a gap of ignorance being filled. Take the creation of the universe for instance. Rather than claim, "I don't know how the universe was created", a religious person would claim God done it, but if they were honest, they would admit that they believe God done it, thereby filling a gap in their ignorance. The truth is, no one knows how the universe came into existence billions of years ago, but since it seems to work so well, it is logical to assume something was behind the existence of the universe, hence, God fills the gap.

A reading of the Christian scripture clearly states that no one has ever seen God. Jesus never showed anyone any God either, not even the Kingdom of God did he show. And as for Jesus being God, I'm afraid I do not get that from my Bible. To me, Jesus was the embodiment of God, and by that I mean he so followed what was taught in the God books of his day and time that he was as close to God as many got. He even went as far as saving many by teaching them better ways to exist and relate to one another, and in my opinion, worshipping him is meaningless if by worship, "do my will" is not meant. The clue for this is in his "even moreso than I have done shall you do", which includes even raising the dead and living everlastingly, which, considering people died before their 40th birthday in his day, our comfortable 70 years more than qualifies. As to evidence of raising the dead, go to a hospital and you might get my gist. Doctors save people's lives everyday through the knowledge that they have acquired.

To claim God is anything in particular is tantamount to creating an image, which we humans are very fond of. When we ask someone what their religion is, we are asking so we know what image of them we may hold in our heads. However, humans are not simple images as you may be able to tell by considering the little we know of even those who are very close to us. Yet, we can't help with our image making it would seem, for making images we must, with recognition that since our knowledge of God is limited and a gap filler, to claim God is any one thing in particular, is limiting God to our limited knowledge of God, when in truth, God is way much more than we conceive with our limited minds.

So, with that in mind, I am offering 951 Names and Titles of God as what God may be conceived to be, along with a pdf downlowd of One Hundred Names for God according to Katrina's Dream and Names of God in Islam. You may not agree with them all, but I'm certain you'd find a few that fit any conception of God that you might have ever conceived.

Do note though that God is in no way limited to all or any of these 'whats' that God is listed as being! In truth, we are figuring out daily what God is, and increasing in knowledge everyday. And to claim to know what God actually is, is just as foolish as saying, there is no God, in my opinion. For no one has truly seen God (unless you have, of course).

As to my screaming it from the mountaintop if I were that way inclined, I'm waiting to know what to scream since I am that way inclined.
Re: What Is God? by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 28, 2019
I haven't gone through all the pages yet... but my 4 legged stool follows grin

1. I I am that I am (soul)
2. Me (body)
3. Myself (mind)

These are all versions of the God that dwells in this human body; It's a trinity (Body, mind and soul)

4. gods

You need not worship me because you are another version of the above.

If I sound mad then I'm on the right track cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Living In A Simulation - New Evidence / Why Are There Many Different Religions. / Muslims Leave Islam After Reading The Qur’an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.