Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1579427 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2010
Tea farms around Kericho

Lovely countryside landscape.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2010
South Rift pics

Approaching Ongata Rongai town.

Ongata Rongai.

Somewhere around Nkoroi.

Kiserian town.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2010
Mount Kenya National Park - Cental Province

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3uV30vGIkg
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by joseeric: 10:13am On Jan 21, 2010
Where are photos of Nairobi's industrial area?And Thika as well.I saw Nairobi has a really very big area purely under manufacturing industries along mombasa road and enterprise roads.

Post some here.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2010
Do you folks know that another word for paradise is Kericho, Kenya.
@gallivant Why did you drop mwanamwiwa along the way. Good job still in spite of the name.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2010
Do you folks know that another word for paradise is Kericho, Kenya.
@gallivant Why did you drop mwanamwiwa along the way. Good job still in spite of the name.

Thanks naliakar.I didnt choose to I was banned.Talk of African tyranny,I have not been given any reason why such action was taken against me!! angry
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:17pm On Jan 21, 2010
Where are photos of Nairobi's industrial area?And Thika as well.I saw Nairobi has a really very big area purely under manufacturing industries along mombasa road and enterprise roads.

Post some here.

Mombasa road:

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2010
Industries around Mombasa Road(I will get Industrial area pics later on)

New industrial developments coming up inthe area.

More residential and industrial developments.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2010

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2010
New industrial park.

Gateway Business Park

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2010

The Sameer business centre project. One of the BPO centres coming up in the city.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2010

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2010
Located just off the Mombasa Road and overlooking the famous Nairobi Game Park, Ole Sereni Hotel is strategically positioned between the Airport and the city center, at an area fondly known as a ‘place of tranquility’ (Ole Sereni) by the Maasai.

The Hotel offers visitors exactly what its name denotes, combining all the best aspects of a modern City Hotel and a traditional bush Lodge, Ole Sereni captures the essence of Nairobi which is the only city in the world that boasts a Game Park within its precincts.This is evident as guests view animals at the waterhole in the Park from the Restaurants, Bar, Swimming Pool and selected parts of the Hotel. Combining all the best features of a modern City Hotel and a traditional Wildlife Lodge, the Ole-Sereni is named after the Maasai name of the area, meaning ‘place of tranquility.

cool cool

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:00pm On Jan 22, 2010
UN Africa HQ ,Gigiri Suburb

[img]http://www.iisd.ca/ozone/mop15/pix/nov14/gigiri.jpg[/img]

UNEP Conference Hall

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2010
Village Market

[center][/center]
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2010
Construction site,CBD

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
Upperhill Nairobi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:24pm On Jan 22, 2010

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2010

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2010
@naliakar.
So good for Thika road. is anything happening on the Outer Ring Road front. This road has been a nightmare and would love it to have a four to six lane expansion from the airport to Ruaraka.

Northern & Eastern Bypass | Nairobi | Under Construction

Newspaper renders

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2010
gallivant:

Thanks naliakar.I didnt choose to I was banned.Talk of African tyranny,I have not been given any reason why such action was taken against me!! angry

Gallivant

They did that to me but I completed the complaints form, submitted it, and they restored it immediately (they have a link to that on the banned notice). I think Seun's system has a way of reading some aspects of visual and audio postings as spam and thus automatically (though  inadvertently) suspends the poster.
This could be the reason because all you have done is shown the beauty of Enkare Nai-lopi I hope my interlocution of Maa language makes sense. As the moderator why because I don't want to believe that as Nigerians we have suddenly become envious of beauty outside our homeland. More so when in the case of Nairobi, the attractions make Lagos  and/or Abuja look like foils against which Nairobi's progress can be measured.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2010
I have looked at the graphic rendition of the bypasses and although it is a laudable effort, I am worried that they are built so close to the city and before long (considering Nairobi's rapid radial expansion) they will be inner city roads rather than bypasses. I am assuming that I understand what a bypass is. Ethiopia not so long ago embarked on a similar project by construction a ring road around the city named after a Beautiful Flower. It was way outside the limits of the CBD and gave room for expansion.
The southern bypass literally cuts through the park and hives off built up areas of Ongata Rongai. which for me is effectively part of NBI proper.

Good projects though.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 8:17am On Jan 23, 2010
@naliakar

i was also wandering why gallivant decided to drop mwanamiwa on the way but since then he has given us some in site.

@gavillant

nice work men,you deserve head of state commendation awards.

the last postings has given a different impression of Kenya,its a modern country and very soon Nairobi will over take jorbug or cairo to be the prime african city capital.

nairobi is growing so rapidly both in infrastructure and skyscapers.am also amazed with the expasion of kisumu city airport.i gonna visit nairobi in april.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2010
@Chinook
Hujambo. What is in a name, ? I wonder who said that. Gallivant is doing what I believe Balala should have initiated long ago. there is as much about Nairobi and Kenya on this thread than you will get anywhere else. And it has a story character to it. Mwanamwiwa/Gallivant and Nairaland deserve a pat for this and many other threads on this section. When I metamorphose from being an Enugu citizen into a Kenyan (if/when it happens) I will get back to Nairobi.

@ Gallivant.

Great pictures. I love Nanyuki. next time you go back get some photos of The Sportsman's Arms Hotel (middle class) but popular and always full of young British army recruits on training reveling in all manner of good and bad ways.

Down towards Archers camp and Samburu are marvelous lodges which you have posted. however, there used to be a great lodge called Sweet Waters around that place. Did it change its name or management. One of the Survivor episodes was shot around that point.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:01am On Jan 24, 2010
I have looked at the graphic rendition of the bypasses and although it is a laudable effort, I am worried that they are built so close to the city and before long (considering Nairobi's rapid radial expansion) they will be inner city roads rather than bypasses. I am assuming that I understand what a bypass is. Ethiopia not so long ago embarked on a similar project by construction a ring road around the city named after a Beautiful Flower. It was way outside the limits of the CBD and gave room for expansion.
The southern bypass literally cuts through the park and hives off built up areas of Ongata Rongai. which for me is effectively part of NBI proper.

Good projects though.

Thanks.If you check clearly the National park is left intact and there are plans to fence it.The designs were undertaken with utmost attention placed on the environment and future expansion of the city.The orginal designs were changed after Prof Wangari Maathai and her Greenbelt crew raised concerns over possible destruction of wetlands.Ongata Rongai and Athi River are now officially part of Greater Nairobi area.Everything which is on the way of the bypass and other land which was originally meant for roads has already been demolished because they were there illegally in the first place.These designs were already in place in the 90s.Some casualties include Nakumatt Thika and lots of palatial homes in westlands and Lavington.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:09am On Jan 24, 2010
nice work men,you deserve head of state commendation awards.

the last postings has given a different impression of Kenya,its a modern country and very soon Nairobi will over take jorbug or cairo to be the prime african city capital.

nairobi is growing so rapidly both in infrastructure and skyscapers.am also amazed with the expasion of kisumu city airport.i gonna visit nairobi in april.

Thanks.We are playing catch up from the wasted years of Mr Moi.Africa has so much pontential it pisses me off when I see its citizens suffering.Anyway, we look forward to your visit,enjoy.I wouldnt mind the commendation award but if they keep up the good work,I can live without it. wink
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:14am On Jan 24, 2010
Great pictures. I love Nanyuki. next time you go back get some photos of The Sportsman's Arms Hotel (middle class) but popular and always full of young British army recruits on training reveling in all manner of good and bad ways.

Down towards Archers camp and Samburu are marvelous lodges which you have posted. however, there used to be a great lodge called Sweet Waters around that place. Did it change its name or management. One of the Survivor episodes was shot around that point.

I will post more pictures of Nanyuki and Naivasha later on.Thanks for the infor about Nanyuki,it will make it easier for me.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:26am On Jan 24, 2010
Coast Province cool

Lamu Town

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:28am On Jan 24, 2010
Palace Hotel, Lamu - Coast province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:34am On Jan 24, 2010
Beach House Lamu

Kizingoni Wazi Dubu House

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:35am On Jan 24, 2010
Peponi Hotel - Lamu, Coast Province.

[B]Shela, a smaller town at the ocean shore[/B]

[B]Lamu airfield[/B]

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.