Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students (39001 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Pictures Of Canaanland And Covenant University's 15MW Gas Plant / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by grandiose4ever: 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2019
The students of Covenant University are speaking out on how Covenant university which is meant to produce good Christians is actually turning itself out to be a tool for the devil...

Due to the many choking religious laws, many students are coming out en mass to disavow Christianity and what it stands for...

The new regulations which states that a person would be deprived of exams if he fails to attend enough chapel services is causing much anger in many quarters. Especially for final year students who may be faced with the potential of accruing an extra year if the regulation stands.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by icebird25(m): 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
*Dear Lord*
My fellow nairalanders and I are �% ready�
Pls blow the �trumpet for the rapture ����������

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by HigherEd: 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2019
Eh I can't even lie when it comes to this one....

I have never seen a place where people reject religion as hard as the school was trying to push it, like Covenant University.

One of my class mates in 200 level who relocated to University of Waterloo, Canada after having an extra year(academic reasons) told me he was never going to church again. In his words "All of the church I have attended here is enough to cover for my life time." That statement hit me hard!
I only know how many arguments about God's existence I made in that school. And each time most of these Atheist argue I see Christians fleeing. It's like they are more knowledgeable than the average Christian. Which is very unfortunate!

During NYSC days many CU grads refused to affiliate with NCCF because they see it like another version of Covenant University.

With all of the rules and all it was still Covenant University that graduated Etinosa - the one who stripped on live IG.

And this is a lesson to Christians. Christianity must never be forced on people, it always blows back! The inquisition and many other errors of the church are proofs that it never works. Christianity must always be a choice...

364 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by psylliumhusk1: 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2019
HigherEd:

I have never seen a place where people reject religion as hard as the school was trying to push it, like Covenant University.

One of my class mates in 200 level who relocated to University of Waterloo, Canada after having an extra year(academic reasons) told me he was never going to church again. In his words "All of the church I have attended here is enough to cover for my life time." That statement hit me hard!
I only know how many arguments about God's existence I made in that school. And each time most of these Atheist argue I see Christians fleeing. It's like they are more knowledgeable than the average Christian. Which is very unfortunate!

During NYSC days many CU grads refused to affiliate with NCCF because they see it like another version of Covenant University.

With all of the rules and all it was still Covenant University that graduated Etinosa - the one who stripped on live IG.

And this is a lesson to Christians. Christianity must never be forced on people, it always blows back! The inquisition and many other errors of the church are proofs that it never works. Christianity must always be a choice...

Coming to full knowledge and acceptance of Christ happens when one is convicted by the Holy spirit. Not by compulsory church meeting and courses .Same happens to Pastors kids.
Most times God let's us that think we have seen it all hit rock bottom first ,then we crawl back looking for him...e.g. look at the life of Sarah Jake Robert's and other pks

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by grandiose4ever: 9:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
The point I realise this was when Living faith invited Covenant university students for one church service.

Oyedepo kept on preaching and wouldn't stop. The next thing guys started vexing o.. And where like Oyedepo should round up his message and let them go back to their hostel... Naim Oyedepo face us that day o from pulpit. Not funny day o.

Thing is many of these folks are coming from irreligious homes. Pele Pele ni gbogbo nkan o. The school needs to focus on outreach rather than coercion.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by JamesUSA(m): 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
cheesy
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Alejocs: 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
Becoming an atheist is normal.

Infact, exiting the fraudulent abrahamic religions which was imposed on us by the whiteman and embracing reasoning (agnosticism, skepticism) is the first step to spirituality.

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Tripitaka: 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
I like to think that religious convictions are personal choices. Shoving it down my throat will neither make me loathe nor love a given religion.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
This school is an Olosho land

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
Once you enter the school, you have made a covenant to be controlled!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Kwamecron(m): 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
Ooh boi
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by aku626(m): 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
I’ve always feared this. Youths must be able to make up their own mind not you doing it on their Behalf. Best lead in the direction or show them the path to righteousness

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by SaintM90(m): 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2019
Shey they didn't see federal university to attend like we all did?
Abeg nobody should disturb our peace!!

Enjoy ur covenant alone

I hate buhari and APC shocked cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by datola: 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2019
Covenant University is nothing but a glorified secondary school boarding house.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by BrutusOj(m): 10:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
It can only be in Naija. Some people will come here to say, if you can not keep to their rules and regulations, leave the school. Most of these guys regretting being sent to that school never choose the school but their parents made the choice. A school should be a school, a bible college should be a bible college.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by MrSix: 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
OK Na
Na them sabi

Check my signature
I sell USA used laptops
Pay on delivery within Lagos only

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by ClearFlair: 10:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
Study and stop complaining. Or did PDP bite you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by AngelicBeing: 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2019
HigherEd:

Spot on

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by RTSC: 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
Your parents are paying half a million every year as tuition.

Fucck what you believe. They are paying for a service which is The limitations of your personal liberty.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by DigitB: 10:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
Stupid students deceiving themselves.

You should have acquainted yourselves with the school's rules and regulations before applying for admission.

There are many universities in Nigeria where no one would force God on you.

Mtchewww

11 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by lolaben(m): 10:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
I so much worry for we so called Christians are the ones complaining. The Muslims that are going there are not complaining. SMH. Go there, focus and get a world class education. Period!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:42pm On Apr 26, 2019
HigherEd:

Freezer don tire , na una next.
Please which University graduated Evans the kidnapper?
Sugar?
Tonto?
Cossy?
El rufai?
Lai Mohammed?
Are the schools responsible for their personal behaviors?
Etinosa claimed she is depressed and took alcohol to calm herself down which was responsible for her action.
How does CU come in now?
Are Cossy's and Tonto's parents irresponsible that is why their children misbehave?
Did Evans father train him to be a kidnapper?
Misbehavior is something personal

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by qanda: 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by ClearFlair: 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
SaintM90:
Shey they didn't see federal university to attend like we all did?
Abeg nobody should disturb our peace!!

Enjoy ur covenant alone

I hate buhari and APC shocked cool

Increase the hate till you burst cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by SaintM90(m): 10:44pm On Apr 26, 2019
ClearFlair:

Increase the hate till you burst cheesy

Quote kee you there grin shocked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by ClearFlair: 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
datola:
Covenant University is nothing but a glorified secondary school boarding house.

Producing world class graduates

10 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by IMAliyu(m): 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2019
Ok... Happens when you force faith down someone's throat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by XavierD(f): 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2019
You knew Covenant University too well, yet you enrolled.

You should have told them so before you graduated nah.

CU is not a secular school. It is a Christian Pentecostal school.

Just like you cannot attend a seminary school, a convent or Islamic school and not abide by the rules. No one forced you to enter in the first place.

And guess what, your opinion doesn't even count. One billion hate messages can either shake Bishop Oyedepo nor CU

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A HND Holder Go For Masters? / Strange Test Econometrics Question In UNILAG / 30 Students Of Ambrose Alli University Took Exams, Graduated While Living Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.