Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,882 members, 7,844,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students (39045 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Pictures Of Canaanland And Covenant University's 15MW Gas Plant / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Jaynom(m): 10:55pm On Apr 26, 2019
I agree
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Notion(m): 10:55pm On Apr 26, 2019
Some people sha...there are rules and regulations in every institutions created if you can't keep to them, then that place is not for you no body forces you to attend the school. These are the core values the schl is know for it should not be a case study any more, go there study hard for five or four years and leave the school you won't die obeying those rules.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2019
psylliumhusk1:

Coming to full knowledge and acceptance of Christ happens when one is convicted by the Holy spirit. Not by compulsory church meeting and courses .Same happens to Pastors kids.
Most times God let's us that think we have seen it all hit rock bottom first ,then we crawl back looking for him ...e.g. look at the life of Sarh make Robert's and other pks
This is what I hate about the average Christian. They always speak like this with confidence like they're the spokesman of God or they know the mind of God. Then they open the other side of their mouth and say God works in mysterious ways.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by stasius: 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
Very true.

All the covenant university graduates/friends I have are either agnostic or atheist. They have zero regard for religion and sacred things!

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Lantosed: 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
Anything that has to do with faith should not be forced down the throat of anyone, it should be a matter of free and choice. Because too much of anything is bad, no only bad but it will only result to the opposite which you're driving against in the first instance. In every thing in life there must be moderation.
I think I relate to this when I was young my mum used to forced me to night vigil of all kinds, 21 days, 7 days... and we will go to school the following morning, this made me hate night vigil. Lol i used to say with the no of night vigil I've had, ain't go no to any vigil no more.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by YungMillionaire: 11:21pm On Apr 26, 2019
Religion is a tool of spirituality. If it works for you, embrace it. If it does not work for you drop it like hot akara. I am done with religion. It is an absolute waste of my time and energy. Those who still find it valuable, I have no problem with them - to each his/her own.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Flickzvill(m): 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
Madona and Caritas university is not excluded o these ones are worst they turn simple Catholic doctrine to do or die afair I am so sorry for this country

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by NOHOLDSBAR: 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
Another glorified high school trying to push out more brainwashed religious zombies, as if we don't have enough of that already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Jaynom(m): 11:39pm On Apr 26, 2019
lolaben:
I so much worry for we so called Christians are the ones complaining. The Muslims that are going there are not complaining. SMH. Go there, focus and get a world class education. Period!!!
Quality Education? Yes! WORLD CLASS? No! If you see WORLD CLASS EDUCATION You go Run! Visit ANY of the TOP 500 UNIVERSITIES in the World and your Jaw will disconnect from your Skull in AWE!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by ruggedtimi(m): 11:39pm On Apr 26, 2019
Got an admission into that shithol school, changed my mind. Right from the interview i knew this school wasnt meant for me

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by GRACEGLORY: 11:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
XavierD:
You knew Covenant University too well, yet you enrolled.

You should have told them so before you graduated nah.

CU is not a secular school. It is a Christian Pentecostal school.

Just like you cannot attend a seminary school, a convent or Islamic school and not abide by the rules. No one forced you to enter in the first place.

And guess what, your opinion doesn't even count. One billion hate messages can either shake Bishop Oyedepo nor CU

Don’t mind them
The moment they’re restricted from their waywardness, they become antagonists.
The school went through them all. Unserious fellows.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by johnie: 11:50pm On Apr 26, 2019
Please, help me understand.

Are they complaining about the discipline being imposed on them or the religion being imposed on them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by piagetskinner(m): 11:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
Yeh... I can relate. most CU guys I have met have no spirituality whatsoever

Na them de go brothels strip clubs do shinsha smoke weed etc

I know there are others who still have great Christian values, and have stuck with it, and are growing daily in Christ

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by darkelf: 12:13am On Apr 27, 2019
Lantosed:
Anything that has to do with faith should not be forced down the throat of anyone, it should be a matter of free and choice. Because too much of anything is bad, no only bad but it will only result to the opposite which you're driving against in the first instance. In every thing in life there must be moderation.
I think I relate to this when I was young my mum used to forced me to night vigil of all kinds, 21 days, 7 days... and we will go to school the following morning, this made me hate night vigil. Lol i used to say with the no of night vigil I've had, ain't go no to any vigil no more.

Agreed without reservation.

That's why it is called FAITH; Personal believe and not forced

Oyedepo knows this yet chooses to enforce his own rules

It only exposes Oyedepo's lack of faith in God's ability to work in the hearts of the students. Thus, he is trying to help God by forcing people to go to church, be spiritual etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by ImaIma1(f): 12:26am On Apr 27, 2019
XavierD:

Just like you cannot attend a seminary school, a convent or Islamic school and not abide by the rules. No one forced you to enter in the first place.

And guess what, your opinion doesn't even count. One billion hate messages can either shake Bishop Oyedepo nor CU

Seminary school is not a university. Their aim there is to seek God.

CU is a university. Is that how Christian universities abroad operate?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Jman06(m): 12:31am On Apr 27, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Freezer don tire , na una next.
Please which University graduated Evans the kidnapper?
Sugar?
Tonto?
Cossy?
El rufai?
Lai Mohammed?
Are the schools responsible for their personal behaviors?
Etinosa claimed she is depressed and took alcohol to calm herself down which was responsible for her action.
How does CU come in now?
Are Cossy's and Tonto's parents irresponsible that is why their children misbehave?
Did Evans father train him to be a kidnapper?
Misbehavior is something personal
Please, how does Tonto Dike misbehave Evans, I know is a kidnapper. Cossy? OK, you can say she flaunts her unclothedness sometimes. But Tonto? I don't really get!
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by myhotjobz: 12:34am On Apr 27, 2019
2019 University Scholarships

The Scholarship opportunity is open to Undergraduate and Master students in tertiary institutions globally to promote academic excellence in their various disciplines. Students who show outstanding performance in our online (e-test) qualifying assessments will be awarded study grants and other scholarship awards.The registration portal is available on https://www.scholar.com.ng/

Eligibility
 Candidates must be a registered student in a University/Polytechnic.
 Candidates must have a CGPA not less than 2.0 in a 5pt scale or 1.5 in a 4pt scale.
 Candidates registering as Masters Students must have a Minimum of a Second Class (Lower) degree not less than 2.80 in a 5pt Scale.

Registration

Candidates will be required to register online and pass our pre-assessment e-test to qualify for the National Assessment scheduled to hold between 1st-3rd July, 2019.The portal will be opened for registration on 17th April,2019 and will close on 28th of June,2019.

Rewards
Outstanding Students will be Awarded Study Grants, Scholarship Opportunities and Cash Prizes

To begin application click here
https://scholar.com.ng/register

Kindly Circulate this to all Undergraduate and Masters students in Private/Public Universities/Polytechnics

https://myhotjbz.com/job/news/details/dominahl-technologies-launches-scholarship-for-undergraduate-and-masters-students

grandiose4ever:
The students of Covenant University are speaking out on how Covenant university which is meant to produce good Christians is actually turning itself out to be a tool for the devil...

Due to the many choking religious laws, many students are coming out en mass to disavow Christianity and what it stands for...

The new regulations which states that a person would be deprived of exams if he fails to attend enough chapel services is causing much anger in many quarters. Especially for final year students who may be faced with the potential of accruing an extra year if the regulation stands.

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by topstone4: 12:37am On Apr 27, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Sugar?
Tonto?
Cossy?
El rufai?
Lai Mohammed?
Etinosa claimed she is depressed and took alcohol to calm herself down which was responsible for her action.
How does CU come in now?
Are Cossy's and Tonto's parents irresponsible that is why their children misbehave?

What they are saying is this: if forceful worship has any benefit, it would have reflected in the way Etinosa lives her life. Since she lives bad despite attending CU, it is an indication that forceful worship isn't necessarily the way to God

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 27, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Sugar?
Tonto?
Cossy?
El rufai?
Lai Mohammed?
How does CU come in now?

religion should also something personal... that's the logic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by koolaid87: 12:58am On Apr 27, 2019
Being an atheist doesn't make one a criminal nor misbehave

Ijawwomaninoyo:

Sugar?
Tonto?
Cossy?
El rufai?
Lai Mohammed?
How does CU come in now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by uuzba(m): 12:59am On Apr 27, 2019
icebird25:
*Dear Lord*
My fellow nairalanders and I are �% ready�
Pls blow the �trumpet for the rapture ����������
God is Love. God made the whole world because he loves us and wants us to share in this love.
All he wants is for us to live in love, helping, and teaching each other. To be like him.
God so much loved us that he sent Jesus Christ into this same world to show us how to live in live and attain eternal life in heaven.
Heaven is a place of love. You cannot claim to love God whom you cannot see whilst you are busy practicing hatred on your neighbor (whom God also made and wants to save) whom you can see.
You must love the Lord your God with your whole mind and heart...and you must love your neighbour as yourself. These are the Two greatest commandments.
... A new commandment I give to you: Love one another as I have loved you...
-
Now, do you think there is any form of hatred for anyvody in heaven?
You only hate sin/wrong doing. But you cannot hate the person doing it.
..."and pray for your enemies*....

All this I have written out of the Bible. Check your statement again. Is there any love in such statement? Don't let them tell you in heaven to go away, that you still have hatred in your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by AZeD1(m): 1:12am On Apr 27, 2019
XavierD:

You are missing the whole point of the message.

If God can give man freewill why will man try to force religion on people?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by advocate666: 2:43am On Apr 27, 2019
Glory be Satan.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 27, 2019
Takeaways

1.Many people are sent to Christian schools to be 'cured' of their 'atheism'. Well, the truth is, when you send your child to Covenant or any other school for 'quick fix religion cure' , you are guaranteeing that the child will not only become more convinced as an atheist, but would convert others.

Once knew a Muslim who got born again. As he puts it, it was God who convinced him, not some Christian spouting arguments about faith.

2.I'm not surprised that , as HigherEd puts it, Christians are not ready to give an answer (1.Peter 3 vs 15). Most churches do not prepare young christians in this country to defend their faith. Youth programmes are always about 'how to be a good christian so that you do not disgrace mummy and daddy'..not 'how to be a prepared Christian'. At least, we now have the internet, and a wide variety of christian apologetics are online....not like before when you had to look all over for a good book on 'arguing for the faith'

Also, many Christians don't read stuff...outside the 'good Christian books'....and as a result when someone throws 'davinci code' or tells them that 'Constantine invented Christianity'...they have no answer...so they run far far away.

Same thing for evolution....no exposure to arguments against evolution (not the young creationist things, by the way), no exposure to arguments against mythis propagated about the history of science (Gallileo was punished by the church...forgetting that the scientific establishment of his day too also opposed him), and so on.

We Christians should wake up

3.Finally, having long church sermons does not a Christian school make. Having children packed off to programme after programme does not good christians make.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 3:07am On Apr 27, 2019
DigitB:
Stupid students deceiving themselves.

You should have acquainted yourselves with the school's rules and regulations before applying for admission.

There are many universities in Nigeria where no one would force God on you.

Mtchewww

I suspect most of them did not choose covenant...their parents sent them there with the hope that Covenant would fix their child and make their child more religious.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by LordPsalm(m): 4:28am On Apr 27, 2019
grandiose4ever:
The point I realise this was when Living faith invited Covenant university students for one church service.

Oyedepo kept on preaching and wouldn't stop. The next thing guys started vexing o.. And where like Oyedepo should round up his message and let them go back to their hostel... Naim Oyedepo face us that day o from pulpit. Not funny day o.

Thing is many of these folks are coming from irreligious homes. Pele Pele ni gbogbo nkan o. The school needs to focus on outreach rather than coercion.
Not necessarily irreligious homes. The Church teacges what they never practice (Love). Only tithe n seed sowing. They force it down ur throat n even threaten u. An averafe Christian can't defend his faith, so they easily fall off. I basically learned A LOT about Christianity n God outside the church.
Same message everyday. It sucks

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by CodeTemplar: 4:35am On Apr 27, 2019
prince3009:
Once you enter the school, you have made a covenant to be controlled!
You make it sound like an occult system where the details of the covenant are concealed until you enter into it. Covenant University doesn't do that, instead they lay down the rules plainly for you and it is up to you to abide by them if you signed up for them at admission time.
Many folks come from irreligious home where they aren't user to the harsh discipline that goes with serving God acceptably. On the other hand, Oyedepo himself has put his own children through tougher religious discipline and expect the students to cope with lesser ones he lays down.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by CodeTemplar: 4:39am On Apr 27, 2019
datola:
Covenant University is nothing but a glorified secondary school boarding house.

just like some foreign schools.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by CodeTemplar: 4:41am On Apr 27, 2019
BrutusOj:
It can only be in Naija. Some people will come here to say, if you can not keep to their rules and regulations, leave the school. Most of these guys regretting being sent to that school never choose the school but their parents made the choice. A school should be a school, a bible collage should be a bible collage.
Same way many others where forced into cultism and a shrine should be a shrine while a school should be a school.
If you ask me, I prefer a system that lays down the rule openly to you than one that forces you into a dark world.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by DigitB: 4:44am On Apr 27, 2019
tactius:

I suspect most of them did not choose covenant...their parents sent them there with the hope that Covenant would fix their child and make their child more religious.

If that is the case, then the problem is from the parents.

Church can not easily fix a child if the parents failed to give them proper home training.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by udemzyudex(m): 4:45am On Apr 27, 2019
NA by force to go covenant? Is it the only private university in Nigeria?

Na wa oo
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by tee4naija(m): 5:03am On Apr 27, 2019
ClearFlair:

Producing world class graduates

Just wish I understood your definition of "work class ".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Esther Ruby Daniel Wins Medals In Indian University / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv / Hilarious Picture Of A Nursery School Kid Dancing SHOKI!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.