Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,792 members, 7,844,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students (39042 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Pictures Of Canaanland And Covenant University's 15MW Gas Plant / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by MissRaine69(f): 5:09am On Apr 27, 2019
Too much of anything is never healthy for anyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by dowjones(m): 5:49am On Apr 27, 2019
MrSix:
OK Na
Na them sabi

Check my signature
I sell USA used laptops
Pay on delivery within Lagos only

what has that picture got to do will laptop sales?

Is something wrong with you ?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Kirinwa: 5:52am On Apr 27, 2019
HigherEd:
Eh I can't even lie when it comes to this one....

I have never seen a place where people reject religion as hard as the school was trying to push it, like Covenant University.

One of my class mates in 200 level who relocated to University of Waterloo, Canada after having an extra year(academic reasons) told me he was never going to church again. In his words "All of the church I have attended here is enough to cover for my life time." That statement hit me hard!
I only know how many arguments about God's existence I made in that school. And each time most of these Atheist argue I see Christians fleeing. It's like they are more knowledgeable than the average Christian. Which is very unfortunate!

During NYSC days many CU grads refused to affiliate with NCCF because they see it like another version of Covenant University.

With all of the rules and all it was still Covenant University that graduated Etinosa - the one who stripped on live IG.

And this is a lesson to Christians. Christianity must never be forced on people, it always blows back! The inquisition and many other errors of the church are proofs that it never works. Christianity must always be a choice...

If it becomes a choice then its no longer a christian or seminary school. Let them go to a regular university.

Being an atheist is not a threat because finally the person's soul will cry terribly in hell forever. No one will blame covenant university for being in hell. Its a personal choice too.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Kirinwa: 5:59am On Apr 27, 2019
ImaIma1:

Seminary school is not a university. Their aim there is to seek God.

CU is a university. Is that how Christian universities abroad operate?

Have you been abroad or even to a Christian university there?
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by paddyofboss(m): 6:27am On Apr 27, 2019
MrSix:
OK Na
Na them sabi

Check my signature
I sell USA used laptops
Pay on delivery within Lagos only

U sell laptops or clear gutters. I don't understand the pic following ur comment
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Martinez39(m): 6:34am On Apr 27, 2019
XavierD:
You knew Covenant University too well, yet you enrolled.

You should have told them so before you graduated nah.

CU is not a secular school. It is a Christian Pentecostal school.

Just like you cannot attend a seminary school, a convent or Islamic school and not abide by the rules. No one forced you to enter in the first place.

And guess what, your opinion doesn't even count. One billion hate messages can either shake Bishop Oyedepo nor CU
They knew it was a christian school but they never expected that the church life would be exhaustively and forcefully shoved down their throat.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by paddyofboss(m): 6:36am On Apr 27, 2019
Jman06:
Please, how does Tonto Dike misbehave Evans, I know is a kidnapper. Cossy? OK, you can say she flaunts her unclothedness sometimes. But Tonto? I don't really get!
Tonto I know u are the one behind this moniker. U misbehave..leave Churchill alone oponu

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Martinez39(m): 6:37am On Apr 27, 2019
johnie:
Please, help me understand.

Are they complaining about the discipline being imposed on them or the religion being imposed on them?
The religion is heavily and exhaustively imposed on them.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by datola: 6:41am On Apr 27, 2019
ClearFlair:

Producing world class graduates

Where are the world class graduates
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by MrSix: 6:51am On Apr 27, 2019
paddyofboss:

U sell laptops or clear gutters. I don't understand the pic following ur comment

Guess your attention was captured. Ain't it? Moreover, the picture was for my comment, not the advert.
Pardon me anyway.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by MrSix: 6:51am On Apr 27, 2019
dowjones:

what has that picture got to do will laptop sales?

Is something wrong with you ?

Guess your attention was captured. Ain't it? Moreover, the picture was for my comment, not the advert.
Pardon me anyway.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by paddyofboss(m): 7:04am On Apr 27, 2019
MrSix:

Pardon me anyway.
I see nice strategy...thumbs up
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Ubdavis(m): 7:09am On Apr 27, 2019
ClearFlair:

Increase the hate till you burst cheesy

To get admission Into federal uni na beams ?
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Ubdavis(m): 7:11am On Apr 27, 2019
Adult should be of liberty to choose what they want for themselves so long as it doesn't infringed the law and the right of others...
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by whitebeard(m): 7:14am On Apr 27, 2019
highcollide:
Becoming an atheist is normal.

Infact, exiting the fraudulent abrahamic religions which was imposed on us by the whiteman and embracing reasoning (agnosticism, skepticism) is the first step to spirituality.
and this agnosticism and skepticism was formed by a whiteman or a blackman..! Wake up nigga..!!
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by osuofia2(m): 7:19am On Apr 27, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Freezer don tire , na una next.
Please which University graduated Evans the kidnapper?
Sugar?
Tonto?
Cossy?
El rufai?
Lai Mohammed?
Are the schools responsible for their personal behaviors?
Etinosa claimed she is depressed and took alcohol to calm herself down which was responsible for her action.
How does CU come in now?
Are Cossy's and Tonto's parents irresponsible that is why their children misbehave?
Did Evans father train him to be a kidnapper?
Misbehavior is something personal
Or Abdul mutalab
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by ImaIma1(f): 8:11am On Apr 27, 2019
Kirinwa:

Have you been abroad or even to a Christian university there?

I have never been to Covenant University but I know what goes on there. Do I have to go to a Christian Uni abroad to know how they function?

What is your point?
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 27, 2019
XavierD:
You knew Covenant University too well, yet you enrolled.

You should have told them so before you graduated nah.

CU is not a secular school. It is a Christian Pentecostal school.

Just like you cannot attend a seminary school, a convent or Islamic school and not abide by the rules. No one forced you to enter in the first place.

And guess what, your opinion doesn't even count. One billion hate messages can either shake Bishop Oyedepo nor CU

You missed the point entirely. No one is saying their opinions count and no one is even asking the University to change its rules. They are only saying the school breeds newer generations of atheist.

How hard he that to understand and move on?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by lolaben(m): 8:16am On Apr 27, 2019
Jaynom:

Quality Education? Yes! WORLD CLASS? No! If you see WORLD CLASS EDUCATION You go Run! Visit ANY of the TOP 500 UNIVERSITIES in the World and your Jaw will disconnect from your Skull in AWE!

Friend Covenant is 636 as at DEC 2018, no 1 in Nigeria, it is only a matter of time.

2018-12-29
3 Nigerian higher institutions ranked among top universities in the world
Tell your friends

Covenant University ranks 636 in the world and going by the ranking, it is now the best university in Nigeria.

Three Nigerian Universities have been rated by The Times Higher Education World University Rankings among the top tertiary institutions in the world in its 2019 ranking.

The institutions are; the University of Ibadan, Covenant University and the University of Nigeria.

The ranking was released on Wednesday at Times Higher Education’s World Academic Summit at the National University of Singapore.

Covenant University rated 636 in the ranking while the first university in Nigeria, the University of Ibadan, ranked 677 on the list
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 27, 2019
whitebeard:
and this agnosticism and skepticism was formed by a whiteman or a blackman..! Wake up nigga..!!
How can a state of the mind be formed by a human?

It's like asking if faith was formed by a whiteman or blackman.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by queiii: 8:19am On Apr 27, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Freezer don tire , na una next.
Please which University graduated Evans the kidnapper?
Sugar?
Tonto?
Cossy?
El rufai?
Lai Mohammed?
Are the schools responsible for their personal behaviors?
Etinosa claimed she is depressed and took alcohol to calm herself down which was responsible for her action.
How does CU come in now?
Are Cossy's and Tonto's parents irresponsible that is why their children misbehave?
Did Evans father train him to be a kidnapper?
Misbehavior is something personal

which depression? which alcohol? you're friggin' slow if you believe she didn't consciously record her nude

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by nanizle(m): 8:20am On Apr 27, 2019
Kirinwa:

If it becomes a choice then its no longer a christian or seminary school. Let them go to a regular university.

Being an atheist is not a threat because finally the person's soul will cry terribly in hell forever. No one will blame covenant university for being in hell. Its a personal choice too.

It's disappointing you still fall for this hell nonsense in 2019!

Free your mind. Religion is only a tool to control and exploit people.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2019
Kirinwa:

this is 2019 and people still buy The Idea Of Hell.

You Have Not Finished Living The one life you have and you're already restricting your life because of another life which you're unsure of. Is it not greed?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by TheIkoro(m): 8:36am On Apr 27, 2019
The farther you are from the Christianity of this most accursed of all generations, the closer you are to Christ.

I once was ALMOST kidnapped - literally! - in the largest of Oyedepo's churches in Ikadan, just after one of its pastors threatened all I knew then to be family. Of course, The Fool that is his Christianity would thou believe that is an example of the Love that Christ preached whilst on earth.

The evil that Christians do is buried almost as thoroughly as this most accursed of all generations strives to bury The Naked Truth. The good they claim to do is trumpeted all over the media to deceive The Blind and The Fool.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Kirinwa: 8:41am On Apr 27, 2019
nanizle:

It's disappointing you still fall for this hell nonsense in 2019!

Free your mind. Religion is only a tool to control and exploit people.

You will be shocked. The ruler of this world has blinded the eyes of men. Seems he doesn't want to endure his eternal purnishment alone.

Your opinion, your choice.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Kirinwa: 8:43am On Apr 27, 2019
ImaIma1:

I have never been to Covenant University but I know what goes on there. Do I have to go to a Christian Uni abroad to know how they function?

What is your point?

They don't have religious rules and regulations and they don't have dressing code? Tell me more.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Youngstar76(m): 8:49am On Apr 27, 2019
BrutusOj:
It can only be in Naija. Some people will come here to say, if you can not keep to their rules and regulations, leave the school. Most of these guys regretting being sent to that school never choose the school but their parents made the choice. A school should be a school, a bible collage should be a bible collage.

*college
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by princfred(m): 8:56am On Apr 27, 2019
HigherEd:

I have never seen a place where people reject religion as hard as the school was trying to push it, like Covenant University.

One of my class mates in 200 level who relocated to University of Waterloo, Canada after having an extra year(academic reasons) told me he was never going to church again. In his words "All of the church I have attended here is enough to cover for my life time." That statement hit me hard!
I only know how many arguments about God's existence I made in that school. And each time most of these Atheist argue I see Christians fleeing. It's like they are more knowledgeable than the average Christian. Which is very unfortunate!

During NYSC days many CU grads refused to affiliate with NCCF because they see it like another version of Covenant University.

With all of the rules and all it was still Covenant University that graduated Etinosa - the one who stripped on live IG.

And this is a lesson to Christians. Christianity must never be forced on people, it always blows back! The inquisition and many other errors of the church are proofs that it never works. Christianity must always be a choice...

You make beautiful posts when you don't lie. Dont get it twisted take that as a compliment .
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:03am On Apr 27, 2019
Atheist are better than christainity

Atheist Will not ask you money to buy private jet for God.

Atheist will not buried human being alive in their house,

If you know you know, Islam is the best

Qoute me wrong and let me talk to you personally.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by mondayaudu(m): 9:04am On Apr 27, 2019
Two of my cousins graduated from the University. Unfortunately, they are more of atheist now. I tried to convince them but seems they already made up their mind. Their Christian walk is Neither hot nor cold. One told me last month that he will soon join Jehovah witness. I am not very happy the way their Christian Faith has dwindled. I hope the school will understand that they are creating more harm than good. All the world leading universities are Christian founded. However, none is creating new set of atheist. Anything taking to far has implications.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by greatcrown: 9:12am On Apr 27, 2019
HigherEd:

I think the problem is the foundation of the children.

The parents failed in their part and they are trying to cover that up by sending the children to CU.
However, I think it's too early to conclude that CU had failed in this regard. What I see now is initial reaction which is expected.
I'm sure over time they will come around, though maybe not all of them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Esther Ruby Daniel Wins Medals In Indian University / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv / Hilarious Picture Of A Nursery School Kid Dancing SHOKI!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.