Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students (39044 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Pictures Of Canaanland And Covenant University's 15MW Gas Plant / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by ImaIma1(f): 9:42am On Apr 27, 2019
Kirinwa:

They don't have religious rules and regulations and they don't have dressing code? Tell me more.

Why don't you research for yourself? And see if they force them to attend service and rule their lives like kids.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by TempleHouse: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2019
If you have chosen to be an angel of the Devil, you have no place to apply for Convenant University admission in the first place.
So all the furore about being an Atheist is just a distraction from the most lazy students and their families.
Can you smoke cigarette ABU or BAYERO Universities in the North Tell me !
There is a rule which every Students must follow and anyone who had matriculated to abide by the University must comply or look for another University.
It is as simple as that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 27, 2019
XavierD:
You knew Covenant University too well, yet you enrolled.

You should have told them so before you graduated nah.

CU is not a secular school. It is a Christian Pentecostal school.

Just like you cannot attend a seminary school, a convent or Islamic school and not abide by the rules. No one forced you to enter in the first place.

And guess what, your opinion doesn't even count. One billion hate messages can either shake Bishop Oyedepo nor CU

Wow! One of the best comments so far.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2019
Una just dey know. I could remember one guy that I met during NYSC, he called CU & Landmark University schools of hypocrites.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Kbels(f): 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2019
This is what happens when the church schools are too expensive for the average church member to afford their fees. The schools are attended by children of the rich and famous who are not so religious. Because spirituality isn't enforced in most of the homes they come from, they now see the University's rules on spirituality as been too strict and would naturally rebel.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Aidejay(m): 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2019
Oppression comes in many forms what you call moulding religious morality has been a cover for oppression for many years. some times I regret my condition but when I consider somethings I say to my self thank God me wey no like rubbish before I go come go one place called convenanat University wey Dem go dey oppress me
smiley I am so grateful thank you Jesus
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by enamuer1(m): 3:05pm On Apr 27, 2019
the question is all this students complaining ,are they even ready to learn at all, d schools primary objective is to raise morally standard students,using d school platform to raise better people with good morals,but most of them don't want this and at d end they will later become nuisance in d society. my second question what percent were those complaining.

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by BlackSpanner: 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:
Una just dey know. I could remember one guy that I met during NYSC, he called CU & Landmark University schools of hypocrites.

Hmmn. Interesting. Do you mind giving us more details please, for those of us that don't really know
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by whitebeard(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
highcollide:
How can a state of the mind be formed by a human?

It's like asking if faith was formed by a whiteman or blackman.
..define faith.."
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by MrSix: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2019
paddyofboss:

I see nice strategy...thumbs up

Lols...

I hail oh
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by redsun(m): 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
The secret is true and interactive education. Because they are analytically taught, they are becoming free from the bondage of fundamental ignorance/delusion that is the bane of blackman's existence.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
BlackSpanner:

Hmmn. Interesting. Do you mind giving us more details please, for those of us that don't really know
The guy said, they impose strict religious rules yet the students are into drugs, fornication and other vices. There was a time his laptop was seized because, he was listening to Fela and Bob Marley's song, in fact he stopped attending church services after he graduated but he is a theist.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by BlackSpanner: 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

The guy said, they impose strict religious rules yet the students are into drugs, fornication and other vices. There was a time his laptop was seized because, he was listening to Fela and Bob Marley's song, in fact he stopped attending church services after he graduated but he is a theist.

Haba!!! That is too much na. Datz why I still prefer public university. But when the money is there, school abroad. No need trying to cage an adult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2019
What do you expect from spoiled kids that lack sound Christian values.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
BlackSpanner:

Haba!!! That is too much na. Datz why I still prefer public university. But when the money is there, school abroad. No need trying to cage an adult
Brother, I only prefer few private universities in Nigeria, though I graduated from a public university.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by CodeTemplar: 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2019
Martinez39:
They knew it was a christian school but they never expected that the church life would be exhaustively and forcefully shoved down their throat.
The laws were clearly spelt out and there is no shoving down of rule in students throat man.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by mollie12: 12:48am On Apr 28, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

So one guy assesses all the students of two schools, in two different locations, with population in the hundreds, and gives them one label, and you believe him?

In other words, you believe one human being is powerful enough to conduct a psychological or otherwise assessment of hundreds of individuals separated by space and time?

Please demonstrate better critical thinking skills.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:59am On Apr 28, 2019
mollie12:

So one guy assesses all the students of two schools, in two different locations, with population in the hundreds, and gives them one label, and you believe him?

In other words, you believe one human being is powerful enough to conduct a psychological or otherwise assessment of hundreds of individuals separated by space and time?

Please demonstrate better critical thinking skills.
You should be the one to do that by yourself. Forcing religious belief on students with no changes, yet they continued with the social vices. I had met graduates of all these missionary (Christian and Muslim) universities many of them are bunch of hypocrites.
Guy go back and do the critical thinking for yourself and stop denying a clear fact.

Don't even bother to mention me, I can see you are here to defend your hypocritical school(s).

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by mollie12: 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

You should be the one to do that by yourself. Forcing religious belief on students with no changes, yet they continued with the social vices. I had met graduates of all these missionary (Christian and Muslim) universities many of them are bunch of hypocrites.
Guy go back and do the critical thinking for yourself and stop denying a clear fact.

Don't even bother to mention me, I can see you are here to defend your hypocritical school(s).

I never attended either of the mentioned schools - I have no dog in this fight. So I'll make this my last post and unfollow. If you feel like continuing the argument you will only be talking to yourself.

It was highly nauseating and ignorant to lump hundreds of students (so you've encountered some hypocrites, how many and what proportion of the total percentage of the school population? Up to 5%?) under the hypocrite tag. You can't know that many people well enough to jump to that conclusion, and you smear the reputation of those that are not aligned that way to others. It is very maligning behaviour, and I hope you don't have to face an experience where you are answering for the sins of members of your tribe/race or group (that you never partook in) before you learn how serious such an allegation is.
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2019
mollie12:

[s]I never attended either of the mentioned schools - I have no dog in this fight. So I'll make this my last post and unfollow. If you feel like continuing the argument you will only be talking to yourself.

It was highly nauseating and ignorant to lump hundreds of students (so you've encountered some hypocrites, how many and what proportion of the total percentage of the school population? Up to 5%?) under the hypocrite tag. You can't know that many people well enough to jump to that conclusion, and you smear the reputation of those that are not aligned that way to others. It is very maligning behaviour, and I hope you don't have to face an experience where you are answering for the sins of members of your tribe/race or group (that you never partook in) before you learn how serious such an allegation is.[/s]
Trash!
Re: Covenant University Producing Many Atheists - Students by wealthtrak: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
grandiose4ever:
The students of Covenant University are speaking out on how Covenant university which is meant to produce good Christians is actually turning itself out to be a tool for the devil...

Due to the many choking religious laws, many students are coming out en mass to disavow Christianity and what it stands for...

The new regulations which states that a person would be deprived of exams if he fails to attend enough chapel services is causing much anger in many quarters. Especially for final year students who may be faced with the potential of accruing an extra year if the regulation stands.

Rebellion... WTH! shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Esther Ruby Daniel Wins Medals In Indian University / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv / Hilarious Picture Of A Nursery School Kid Dancing SHOKI!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.