Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? (7405 Views)

Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 7:39am On May 10, 2019
Good day every one!

Straight to the matter.

I'm an Igbo guy currently dating an Urhobo girl whom I intend to marry. But the issue of custorm and tradition is becoming a barrier to my plans.

It is widely known that if an Urhobo woman cheats on her husband, her children including her husband may start falling sick and may die in the process if she doesn't confess.

Urhobo ladies are not buried in their husband's place, they're taken to their home town for burial, this I don't have issues with.

Is it also true that you must build a house for her people before she is buried?

Please, I need advice and information from Urhobo people and people already married to Urhobo ladies.

My girlfriend is a good girl, but my family keeps pointing at these traditions as a way of telling me to watch before I leap.

Advice please....

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by 1bunne4lif(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2019
hmm, the die matter I have heard but building of house, no idea

11 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 7:43am On May 10, 2019
urhobo wayo.

l hope u don't run away from ur house when u marry her, that's if she doesnt kill u in cold blood

5 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by mhizv(f): 7:45am On May 10, 2019
chenzen:
urhobo wayo.

l hope u don't run away from ur house when u marry her, that's if she doesnt kill u in cold blood

Don't mislead people!!

18 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Uka15(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2019
Lies. Your family doesnt want you to marry her, hence Conjuring whats not in existence to existence inorder to scare you away from marrying her.

Why not sit and discuss with your girlfriend your fears?.

16 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by QueenSekxy(f): 7:46am On May 10, 2019
Nonsense tradition.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 7:47am On May 10, 2019
[quote author=chenzen post=78261663]urhobo wayo.

You've had an experience about this before?
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 7:49am On May 10, 2019
Uka15:
Lies. Your family doesnt want you to marry her, hence Conjuring whats not in existence to existence inorder to scare you away from marrying her.

Why not sit and discuss with your girlfriend your fears?.
[color=#000099][/color]

You have a point!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 7:51am On May 10, 2019
chenzen:
urhobo wayo.

You have had an experience about this before?
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Mariangeles(f): 8:01am On May 10, 2019
SKYZZZ:
Good day every one!

Straight to the matter.

I'm an Igbo guy currently dating an Urhobo girl whom I intend to marry. But the issue of custorm and tradition is becoming a barrier to my plans.

It is widely known that if an Urhobo woman cheats on her husband, her children including her husband may start falling sick and may die in the process if she doesn't confess.

Urhobo ladies are not buried in their husband's place, they're taken to their home town for burial, this I don't have issues with.

Is it also true that you must build a house for her people before she is buried?

Please, I need advice and information from Urhobo people and people already married to Urhobo ladies.

My girlfriend is a good girl, but my family keeps pointing at these traditions as a way of telling me to watch before I leap.

Advice please....
@Jasonscoolari, your input is direly needed here
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Wallade(m): 8:17am On May 10, 2019
I thought those tradition have been abolished. I think it is unfair on the man and his kids that they get sick and die for the sins of his wife and their mother.

I also think it is unfair to require husband to bring back the dead body of his wife after death, even if she died abroad, and then ask him to build a house for the family yet again.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:24am On May 10, 2019
Wallade:
I thought those tradition have been abolished. I think it is unfair on the man and his kids that they get sick and die for the sins of his wife and their mother.

I also think it is unfair to require husband to bring back the dead body of his wife after death, even if she died abroad, and then ask him to build a house for the family yet again.

My brother I tire o!

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Wallade(m): 8:26am On May 10, 2019
SKYZZZ:

My brother I tire o!

If the tradition still holds then I would rather not marry an Urhobo lady.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by rokoto1986(m): 8:35am On May 10, 2019
THERE IS NO TRADITIONAL LAW IN URHOBOTHAT SAYS U MUST BUILD A HUX WEN SHE DIES, ONLY DAT SHE WILL BE BURIED IN HER PLACE WEN SHE DIES, because WE DNT SELL OUR WOMEN, DATS Y D RITE IS NT AS EXPENSIVE AS D IGBO'S, AND OUR WOMEN ARE HARDWORKING AND SUPPORTIVE. MY GUY IF U LUV UR WOMAN, DNT WASTE ANYTIME. URHOBO WOMEN ARE THE BEST SET OF WOMEN TO MARRY FRM. FOR THE ISSUE OF SLEEPING AROUND, OUR WOMEN RESPECT THEIR MARRIAGE VOWS, THEY DNT DO DAT

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Deepfeel(m): 8:39am On May 10, 2019

Same thing with idoma

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by miltonchux(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2019
Guy rush her with reckless abandon, Urhobo women are very supportive and she will stand with you to grow. It's a lie about building a house for her parents. There bride price is also cheap. Just go ahead, your inlaw also won't disturb you with expense like the way Ibo inlaw's stress one with bills.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by reservd(m): 8:45am On May 10, 2019
I dnt Knw if d consequences of a cheating wife on her family still exists bt I Knw d house tin is false. As for d burial stuff, my parents r urhobos, wen my mum died in 1991, she was buried in a Lagos cementary, I don't know if my dad broke any law bt burial ended and life went on

12 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:47am On May 10, 2019
rokoto1986:
THERE IS NO TRADITIONAL LAW IN URHOBOTHAT SAYS U MUST BUILD A HUX WEN SHE DIES, ONLY DAT SHE WILL BE BURIED IN HER PLACE WEN SHE DIES, because WE DNT SELL OUR WOMEN, DATS Y D RITE IS NT AS EXPENSIVE AS D IGBO'S, AND OUR WOMEN ARE HARDWORKING AND SUPPORTIVE. MY GUY IF U LUV UR WOMAN, DNT WASTE ANYTIME. URHOBO WOMEN ARE THE BEST SET OF WOMEN TO MARRY FRM. FOR THE ISSUE OF SLEEPING AROUND, OUR WOMEN RESPECT THEIR MARRIAGE VOWS, THEY DNT DO DAT
[color=#006600][/color]

My guy I agree with you, but I just need to shine my eyes by seeking advice from people before I go into it.

She's a good girl, a complete wife material

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:53am On May 10, 2019
But why will a man and his kids die for the sins of his wife and their mother respectively?

Anyway, I think you should confirm all these fears with the girl in question before going to the next level.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:56am On May 10, 2019
reservd:
I dnt Knw if d consequences of a cheating wife on her family still exists bt I Knw d house tin is false. As for d burial stuff, my parents r urhobos, wen my mum died in 1991, she was buried in a Lagos cementary, I don't know if my dad broke any law bt burial ended and life went on
[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks for your input.

I don't know if the custom of building house for inlaws varies from place to place among the Urhobo people.

Honestly, this stuff happened to a church member, my dad also asked someone about it and the person confirmed it that it also happened to their family member who married an Urhobo lady.

I'm a little confused right now
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:57am On May 10, 2019
SKYZZZ:
Good day every one!

Straight to the matter.

Advice please....
go and discuss with your gf undecided
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:59am On May 10, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
But why will a man and his kids die for the sins of his wife and their mother respectively?

Anyway, I think you should confirm all these fears with the girl in question before going to the next level.
[color=#006600][/color]

Bros I tire o!
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 10, 2019
mhizv:

Don't mislead people!!

what do u mean by m mislead?
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by reservd(m): 9:16am On May 10, 2019
SKYZZZ:

[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks for your input.

I don't know if the custom of building house for inlaws varies from place to place among the Urhobo people.

Honestly, this stuff happened to a church member, my dad also asked someone about it and the person confirmed it that it also happened to their family member who married an Urhobo lady.

Ask ur babe these questions or look for an urhobo elder in ur church or elsewhr for clarification bt I neva hear such bfr sha

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by olisehcom(f): 9:43am On May 10, 2019
You're concerned about what will happen when she dies?..

Relax bro, you'll die before her... No need to fret cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by rex444(m): 9:45am On May 10, 2019
My bro if she gives you satisfaction as a man and a friend and lover .... The rest is secondary cos she never dey die...maybe na you go first her die sef .......no be bad prayer oooo....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Royle2014(m): 9:46am On May 10, 2019
I am Urhobo. The building of a house thing is completely false.
The cheating thing is somewhat true, so it scares most Urhobo women into being very faithful, especially the ones that love her kids, it would be almost impossible for her to cheat if she knows fully well that her kids may die. However, tradition is gradually fading away and these "curses" are wearing off... Depends on the village u are marrying from, that cheating thing may have failed for them.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:53am On May 10, 2019
Booked
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:54am On May 10, 2019
QueenSekxy:
Nonsense tradition.
But I bet you it's ,more Bette than widows force to drink the water used in washing the body of their late husband. Such barbaric culture you Igbo's practices,you don't know if it's true or not,but you are typing crap here, hypocrite.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Ironcondom(m): 10:10am On May 10, 2019
bros marry her abeg... nothing like build house for the inlaws... na only the man pikin (boy) na him de build house for him papa when him papa died.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? by Nobody: 10:13am On May 10, 2019
SKYZZZ:

[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks for your input.

They are trying to scare u guy.. why not go there and find out from one of ur potential future in-laws ur close to? No need for all these Nairaland
matter. Go to the source or ask her to find out if the claims are true.. Which kind nonsense tradition go warrant u to build house for in-law Are they mad? Or them give u money hold?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Meet A Pastor Doing This To Your Own Mother, What Will You Do? (Photos) / How To Let The Younger Guy Down Gently / “no Naija Babe Can Ever Match My Curves!” – Ivorian Chic Shares Unclad Selfies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.