Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

House Of Rep' Married Women Can Now Choose Their Origin From Father Or Husband - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Of Rep' Married Women Can Now Choose Their Origin From Father Or Husband (24511 Views)

Take Your Children To Their Father Or Else - Man Tells Wife (pic/video) / If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? / Married Women, Do You Still Give Guys Your Contact? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Rep' Married Women Can Now Choose Their Origin From Father Or Husband by Josh44s(m): 12:54am On May 11, 2019
Neocotez:
What is will encourage our naija guys is having kids out of wedlock. This is because I see no reason a man will spend about a million naira paying for a dowry and yet the woman will decide to be an origin of her fathers land.

3.5m actually bro.
Re: House Of Rep' Married Women Can Now Choose Their Origin From Father Or Husband by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:28am On May 11, 2019
DexterousOne:
This is a dumb law undecided

Ancestry is traced from your father's end

That is where every one originally is from

How then will you trace your ancestry to.your husband side because you are married to him undecided

What kind of foolish country is this bikonu undecided

you see the bigger picture than most people

and also

what does the State one comes from has to do with marriage? and which use does it have to do with marriage on choosing your own state or husband ?

its all tribalism which makes us hate each more

one's state of origin (be it a country, State, town, city & tribe or race) can not be changed due to marriage its your identity with or without marriage

taking your husband or keeping your doesnt put more money on the table and neither will it if one dies
Re: House Of Rep' Married Women Can Now Choose Their Origin From Father Or Husband by pocohantas(f): 3:38pm On May 11, 2019
DexterousOne:
This is a dumb law undecided

Ancestry is traced from your father's end

That is where every one originally is from

How then will you trace your ancestry to.your husband side because you are married to him undecided

What kind of foolish country is this bikonu undecided

Someone with sense.

I don't understand how I stop being from my state of origin because I am married. My state of origin remains my father's place till death!
Re: House Of Rep' Married Women Can Now Choose Their Origin From Father Or Husband by dingbang(m): 5:34pm On May 11, 2019
They have just increased their level of confusion grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Rep' Married Women Can Now Choose Their Origin From Father Or Husband by tommysin16(f): 10:34pm On May 11, 2019
eazylion001:
after paying high bride price and other bills of both the lady and her family, you still wanna give her the chance to choose which origin to claim.

I think they should start paying our groom price if they want such privilege.
if u like pay 50 billion, it doesn't change her origin
Re: House Of Rep' Married Women Can Now Choose Their Origin From Father Or Husband by trapQ: 8:08am On May 15, 2019
Ehya.... didn't know about that. In my place (urhobo) it doesn't even happen.
lielbree:

I'm from Rivers State. Kalabari and Ikwerre. It's very common. I'm into politics, I've seen it affect a lot of women. That just get intimidated, feel out of place and drop out of the election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? / Things That Cause Regret In Old Age / Family Of Four Die In Their Sleep After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Kogi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.