Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues (35167 Views)

I Can No Longer Use Some USSD Codes On My Xiaomi Phone. Help Please / This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones / These Three Infinix Devices Will Receive Android 8 Oreo OTA Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by nigeriapenbase: 7:13pm On May 27, 2019
TechNews By Topmag.Pw

Huawei has been hit with plenty of blows that doesn’t look good at all, One Of the Blow include the loss of chip designer ARM from the UK

Chip designer ARM has sent a memo to employees telling them to cease “all active contracts, support entitlements, and any pending engagements” with Huawei because of “US origin technology” in ARM’s designs. ARM’s technology is the foundation for most mobile chipsets and without it Huawei wouldn’t be able to develop its own chips.

ARM has officially stated only that it is “complying with all of the latest regulations set forth by the US government”. Huawei has also responded by stating that, “We value our close relationships with our partners, but recognise the pressure some of them are under, as a result of politically motivated decisions.”

Huawei has been de-listed from the SD Association and no longer appears on its list of members. That means that Huawei can no longer officially use microSD cards or microSD slot in its devices. The ban doesn’t impact the smartphones Huawei already has on the market, but it will impact upcoming devices. Android devices commonly have microSD card slots, and that is seen by many as one of the big benefits of Android devices over iPhones.

The SD Association is the non-profit that controls the standards for SD products. It controls all formats from full-size SD to the microSD cards used in smartphones. Companies who aren’t a member can’t officially produce smartphones, tablets, or other devices using the standards or media. It’s also worth noting that Huawei had previously been moving away from microSD cards and slots to something it developed in-house called NanoMemory. It’s unclear if that NanoMemory tech uses any patents that might be restricted.

Read More Here: http://topmag.pw/2019/05/27/huawei-devices-will-no-longer-use-sd-card-slots-as-u-s-restraining-orders-continues/

4 Shares

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by hisgrace090: 7:48pm On May 27, 2019
China started this banning war, I'm watching to see the outcome.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by KIDfurniture(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2019
H
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by TheMoniker: 9:40pm On May 27, 2019
grin

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by naijapips04: 9:41pm On May 27, 2019
The war is all about who controls 5G. This war is way bigger than Huawei.

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Danelo(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2019
Huawei mate 20 pro for sale

#25,000 only grin

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Respect55(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2019
This is serious

5 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by anonymous1759(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2019
... Flawed all Howaei needs is to increase the inbuilt memory capacity. grin it's becoming shameful that the US is scared of competition they do anything in their power to bring you down. They can just wake up one morning and create what does not exist and put the Blame on you for their selfish interest. I pity people who asslick them and see them as Saints. I dislike the western world with passion. I stand with Howaei. IPhone and Samsung has turned many girls into olosho and some of them are even vomiting money right now all in name of i want to use upgraded phone. I love the Chinese they never let the western world dictate for them or influence their tradition. I love their simple lifestyle. It's in Nigeria we copy and paste and we want to live like the westerners and it's doing us more harm than good.

141 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by HAkorehdeh(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2019
US really wanna ruin these people fa. I was planning on buying the P30 before, now I'm probably gonna stick to my iPhone.

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 27, 2019
One of the reasons why they say US rules the world

34 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by vandertommy: 9:42pm On May 27, 2019
This is not looking good

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by JoshuaKay(m): 9:42pm On May 27, 2019
Inside life...

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 27, 2019
I reckon
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by driand(m): 9:43pm On May 27, 2019

Never corner a wild animal, it would do anything to survive....

A word is enough for the wise

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by AkataYeriYeri: 9:44pm On May 27, 2019
vandertommy:
This is not looking good
Another OS is coming.
Fandroids should get ready grin grin
Shay e na iOS dy Male fandroids visit the toilet before . Get ready

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by aku626(m): 9:44pm On May 27, 2019
Just when Huawei has touched the skies the powers that be strike with fury.

8 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 27, 2019
some APC idiot on niaraland were saying Nigeria can afford a trade war with the US when they threatened to sanctioned those who will disrupt the election. even China is already crying.
the US is and will remain the only order that the world obey

51 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by holysainbj(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2019
See Countries fighting tech wars but our politicians are here polithiefing.

Who did we offend in Nigeria? The person suppose don dey pity us by now na

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by trapQ: 9:45pm On May 27, 2019
I'm with US on this.

China banned top American sites for years and no one batted an eye. America is only repaying the favour.

Moreover non-Chinese businesses are always frustrated by the Chinese govt.

God bless America.

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by OCTAVO: 9:45pm On May 27, 2019
Oh.
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by bettercreature(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2019
naijapips04:
The war is all about who controls 5G. This war is way bigger than Huawei.
Its very sad but they can only delay it China will rule the world
America has lost its leadership position.America’s present generation are not intelligent

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Starboytwo(m): 9:46pm On May 27, 2019
Who really wants this land
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by lloyds(m): 9:47pm On May 27, 2019
Indeed the 3rd World War will be cyber.

America clearly knows that if China is not curtailed, she will overtake them in tech sphere I'm just the next few years.

But, the truth is, these arrows from the US are too late. . These Chinese guys have added a lot to their game.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by vengertime: 9:47pm On May 27, 2019
Americans are bullies, but China will match their madness soon.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Ernerstdavid55(m): 9:47pm On May 27, 2019
Danelo:
Huawei mate 20 pro for sale

#25,000 only grin
haha bro na panic sal

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by AngelicBeing: 9:47pm On May 27, 2019
Obaofusa:
Hahaha.

.God bless America soon all the useless Islamic countries and atheist countries will die.

God bless all the Christian countries and God bless America
tongue

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Ernerstdavid55(m): 9:48pm On May 27, 2019
Werey people no be only sd dem for ban sim card tooo omo ale us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by supertech24(m): 9:48pm On May 27, 2019
Let USA do whatever they like, Chinese people are full of Brainy people,, China will take over soon no matter what

CHINA IS THE KING OF TECHNOLOGY, USA MUST NOTE THAT

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 27, 2019
People like to pretend that nobody listens to Trump, but the truth is that when Trump cough, whoever the cough is direct at will surely feel the breeze no matter what.

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Whatsapp Keeps Their Word, Now Free (pics) / Just Got Myself A Brand New Phone...What Do You Think? / 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.