Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,521 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues (35217 Views)

I Can No Longer Use Some USSD Codes On My Xiaomi Phone. Help Please / This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones / These Three Infinix Devices Will Receive Android 8 Oreo OTA Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by martineverest(m): 10:04pm On May 27, 2019
WiFi association banned them from using wi-fi too.... microsoft have stopped supplying Huawei with windows 10

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by adecz: 10:04pm On May 27, 2019
Huawei should undergo a paradigm
shift, innovate, develop & target new markets
especially 3rd world countries, in
addition to the over 1bn Chinese market &
then drastically cut down prices.

With this strategy, US cannot compete
with them in the larger world market.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 27, 2019
I believe the issue of national interest as claimed by United States isn't a lie. At least we have seen instances where American products were banned in China. Some are still banned. You can't use Facebook, Google services and the rest. You can't use Google Map. In fact, the excuse they gave about GMap then is that it threatens their national security.

The Chinese looked for ways to force all major American companies to set up in China, yet everyone applauded such act. Why then are we condemning the US for protecting its own national security?

19 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Jaqenhghar: 10:05pm On May 27, 2019
What I find amusing is Niggerians too have an opinion. grin grin
Even citizens of a 4th world shithole where (internet and electricity is a luxury) want to weigh in on matters that they know nothing about grin grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by martineverest(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2019
lloyds:
Indeed the 3rd World War will be cyber.

America clearly knows that if China is not curtailed, she will overtake them in tech sphere I'm just the next few years.

But, the truth is, these arrows from the US are too late. . These Chinese guys have added a lot to their game.

lol...Chinese depend on USA far more than the reverse

6 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Abfinest007(m): 10:06pm On May 27, 2019
Obaofusa:
Hahaha.

.God bless America soon all the useless Islamic countries and atheist countries will die.

God bless all the Christian countries and God bless America
it has nothing to do with religion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by marvin906(m): 10:06pm On May 27, 2019
charliboy654:

They started it but never expected US to react this way, when they were busy banning all US products what did they expect.

oga china didn't banned all companies some refused to comply with china policy..
e.g Facebook and it's likes..
the US is accusing china and huawei of using their tech to spy on them when they are the king's of spying and data theft or is it not the same US that the Germans caught tapping into angel merkels phone aside from that the EU have been telling the US to bring evidence of Huawei spying buh till now nothing..
dude this is beyond what we know

11 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by cr7lomo: 10:07pm On May 27, 2019
bettercreature:
Its very sad but they can only delay it China will rule the world
;DAmerica has lost its leadership position.America’s present generation are not intelligent

China rule the world grin grin grin grin grin....u must be hallucinating grin

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 27, 2019
bettercreature:
America has lost its leadership position.America’s present generation are not intelligent

The only place China can rule is Africa. China ruling the world is nothing but a pipe dream because they are 100 decades behind the U.S.

7 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 27, 2019
Device will continue to be manufactured in China and will have everything a smartphone should have but will be devoid of Android OS because Google has to comply
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Platony(m): 10:09pm On May 27, 2019
Americans fear the Chinese more than any other set of people in terms of Technology.

Wetin concern Huawei with SD card. Even my guy's Letv X501 am using now doesn't have an SD card slot, has an in-built 32GB ROM, 3GB RAM, full metal body & its a superb China phone just like Xiaomi. Picture & Video quality na bomb!! Selfie Camera clear die!! Talk more of Huawei wey be Baba for Tech. grin

One thing I know for sure is; Huawei will overcome all these.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by udemzyudex(m): 10:10pm On May 27, 2019
hisgrace090:
China started this banning war, I'm watching to see the outcome.

This is exactly what I tell people,they started it first but people won't understand.

They should face the consequences too.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Timekeeper: 10:11pm On May 27, 2019
RTSC:

Whoever controls 5G, controls the world. Limitless capability.

When the US won the race for 4G technology, it added 100 billion dollars to their GDP.

If they win the 5G war, it would add 500 billion dollars to the American economy.

That is a lot of money that no superpower wants to let go.
If you are American, support Trump. If you are not American, China is who you should be rooting for.

Rubbish. China ko... God forbid.. Useless China that makes things hard.. How many Nigerians or African dey trip for China to go hustle... You no get sense... Even u sef dey look for opportunity to go Yankee

Root for China ko, sow for chinko ni.. Ode

11 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 27, 2019
Billy0naire:
For a company that launched 5G before American companies can even understand what 5G means, it will take the Chinese a few days to design something better, and I can guarantee that the Chinese will provide inbuilt memory in terabytes and knock SD out of relevance. And why need SD when you can link the phone directly to the cloud server for free?

Anyone who studies the Chinese history of resilience and hard work knows that the USA can not beat China. Because Americans can not beat Chinese when it comes to patience, resilience, hard work, and technology. The Chinese copied American brands and studied ahead of Americans.

In this war, Africans are debating who to stand with, because they are too lazy to join the AI race. It is a shame.

You don't know what you are talking about. A counterfeit can never be as good as the original. The U.S is 500 years ahead of China in terms of technology

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by udemzyudex(m): 10:15pm On May 27, 2019
JimohMomoh:
Dis Huawei guys are always involve in scandals, even after winning the contract to install CCTV in Pakistan they were is secretely streaming the streets of Islamabad to China until they were caught and asked to remove the chip from each CCTV.
They lied the chip was for diagnostic purposes.

They were also involved in Scandals in Poland

A lot of African countries including Nigeria are now hugely indebted to China. A new form of colonization will soon start.

This is what most people don't understand about China, they come as a friend and capture you then turn you to a slave.

6 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 27, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Flawed all Howaei needs is to increase the inbuilt memory capacity. grin it's becoming shameful that the US is scared of competition they do anything in their power to bring you down. They can just wake up one morning and create what does not exist and put the Blame on you for their selfish interest. I pity people who asslick them and see them as Saints. I dislike the western world with passion. I stand with Howaei. IPhone and Samsung has turned many girls into olosho and some of them are even vomiting money right now all in name of i want to use upgraded phone. I love the Chinese they never let the western world dictate for them or influence their tradition. I love their simple lifestyle. It's in Nigeria we copy and paste and we want to live like the westerners and it's doing us more harm than good.
they get most of their software from US companies and Trump has already made it clear that is the next stage they will target if China retaliate. China I'd already begging for talks but here is someone from a $hit-hole country who think it is easy fighting with US.
reading your post one can tell you don't even know how this recent war started

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by cr7lomo: 10:17pm On May 27, 2019
supertech24:
Let USA do whatever they like, Chinese people are full of Brainy people,, China will take over soon no matter what

CHINA IS THE KING OF TECHNOLOGY, USA MUST NOTE THAT

How is China king of technology...name one innovation by China....name one invention by China...Na people like u China de deceive... China na copy copy...they don't hv creative minds in China...they only copy from those that hv created

8 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 27, 2019
Platony:
Americans fear the Chinese more than any other set of people in terms of Technology.

Wetin concern Huawei with SD card. Even my guy's Letv X501 am using now doesn't have an SD card slot, has an in-built 32GB ROM, 3GB RAM, full metal body & its a superb China phone just like Xiaomi. Picture & Video quality na bomb!! Selfie Camera clear die!! Talk more of Huawei wey be Baba for Tech. grin

One thing I know for sure is; Huawei will overcome all these.

China is nowhere close to Russia in terms of technology talkless of America which is like 100 decades ahead of Russian. The only thing China can offer is cheap labor and low interest rate.

12 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 27, 2019
bettercreature:
America has lost its leadership position.America’s present generation are not intelligent
everyone will kowtow to America . if they can't do it with brain, they do it with trade war or money
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by martineverest(m): 10:19pm On May 27, 2019
adecz:

Huawei should undergo a paradigm
shift, innovate, develop & target new markets
especially 3rd world countries, in
addition to the over 1bn Chinese market &
then drastically cut down prices.

With this strategy, US cannot compete
with them in the larger world market.
what u don't know is that the average smartphone consist of parts that are made with intellectual property of america and it's allies....u can't see phones in those countries/continent.....most of the app developers are Americans,Europeans and Japanese.no major developers will make app for Huawei os.....and lastly,most countries don't trust Chinese with their spyware-ridden devices

5 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by udemzyudex(m): 10:19pm On May 27, 2019
marvin906:

oga china didn't banned all companies some refused to comply with china policy..
e.g Facebook and it's likes..
the US is accusing china and huawei of using their tech to spy on them when they are the king's of spying and data theft or is it not the same US that the Germans caught tapping into angel merkels phone aside from that the EU have been telling the US to bring evidence of Huawei spying buh till now nothing..
dude this is beyond what we know

It's vice versa, China have refuse to comply to what USA ask for so they are doing the needful.

No be only China Sabi ban oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by martineverest(m): 10:20pm On May 27, 2019
Mk93:

they get most of their software from US companies and Trump has already made it clear that is the next stage they will target if China retaliate. China I'd already begging for talks but here is someone from a $hit-hole country who think it is easy fighting with US.
any retaliation china makes will hurt Chinese economy further,not America's

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by cr7lomo: 10:21pm On May 27, 2019
Billy0naire:
For a company that launched 5G before American companies can even understand what 5G means, it will take the Chinese a few days to design something better, and I can guarantee that the Chinese will provide inbuilt memory in terabytes and knock SD out of relevance. And why need SD when you can link the phone directly to the cloud server for free?

Anyone who studies the Chinese history of resilience and hard work knows that the USA can not beat China. Because Americans can not beat Chinese when it comes to patience, resilience, hard work, and technology. The Chinese copied American brands and studied ahead of Americans.

In this war, Africans are debating who to stand with, because they are too lazy to join the AI race. It is a shame.

Stop deceiving the gullible ones... America had long created the 5G ...b4 China did.....China just launched first...and China still copied America

5 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 27, 2019
cr7lomo:

How is China king of technology...name one innovation by China....name one invention by China...Na people like u China de deceive... China na copy copy...they don't hv creative minds in China...they only copy from those that hv created

Don't mind these ignorant people from the village. China is all about technology theft and no original idea but nevertheless, they are still like 500 years behind the U.S.

5 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by martineverest(m): 10:22pm On May 27, 2019
Xda59:

China is nowhere close to Russia in terms of technology talkless of America which is like 100 decades ahead of Russian. The only thing China can offer is cheap labor and low interest rate.
Russia is too far...Chinese is no match to Japanese,Korean and Taiwanese in tech...china. allows westerners to develop tech and them try to steal their ideas...china don't innovate like westerners

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by udemzyudex(m): 10:22pm On May 27, 2019
Mk93:

Tell am,a lot of people here don't understand what is really going on.
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 27, 2019
lloyds:
Indeed the 3rd World War will be cyber.

America clearly knows that if China is not curtailed, she will overtake them in tech sphere I'm just the next few years.

But, the truth is, these arrows from the US are too late. . These Chinese guys have added a lot to their game.

not too late. the US control the market and China need the world market. Australia and a few other countries are already banning Huawei 5g. the UK is still reviewing the situation.
the US have all the allies needed to win any war

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by cr7lomo: 10:24pm On May 27, 2019
JimohMomoh:
Dis Huawei guys are always involve in scandals, even after winning the contract to install CCTV in Pakistan they were is secretely streaming the streets of Islamabad to China until they were caught and asked to remove the chip from each CCTV.
They lied the chip was for diagnostic purposes.

They were also involved in Scandals in Poland

A lot of African countries including Nigeria are now hugely indebted to China. A new form of colonization will soon start.

U are the only one that truly understand the reason America is fighting them... Nigerians are so gullible sha...they don't even wanna try to b properly informed...that's y the politicians are dealing with the country and citizens...they are too sentimental

6 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by chijos12: 10:26pm On May 27, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Flawed all Howaei needs is to increase the inbuilt memory capacity. grin it's becoming shameful that the US is scared of competition they do anything in their power to bring you down. They can just wake up one morning and create what does not exist and put the Blame on you for their selfish interest. I pity people who asslick them and see them as Saints. I dislike the western world with passion. I stand with Howaei. IPhone and Samsung has turned many girls into olosho and some of them are even vomiting money right now all in name of i want to use upgraded phone. I love the Chinese they never let the western world dictate for them or influence their tradition. I love their simple lifestyle. It's in Nigeria we copy and paste and we want to live like the westerners and it's doing us more harm than good. You are not inform with this your comments...
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by baiaon(m): 10:26pm On May 27, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
What I find amusing is Niggerians too have an opinion. grin grin
Even citizens of a 4th world shithole where (internet and electricity is a luxury) want to weigh in on matters that they know nothing about grin grin grin
Your emotions have clouded your judgment.Millions of Nigerians own Huawei phones and products.So Nigerians are free to rightfully air their opinions on this issue because it directly affects them.

6 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by chijos12: 10:28pm On May 27, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Flawed all Howaei needs is to increase the inbuilt memory capacity. grin it's becoming shameful that the US is scared of competition they do anything in their power to bring you down. They can just wake up one morning and create what does not exist and put the Blame on you for their selfish interest. I pity people who asslick them and see them as Saints. I dislike the western world with passion. I stand with Howaei. IPhone and Samsung has turned many girls into olosho and some of them are even vomiting money right now all in name of i want to use upgraded phone. I love the Chinese they never let the western world dictate for them or influence their tradition. I love their simple lifestyle. It's in Nigeria we copy and paste and we want to live like the westerners and it's doing us more harm than good.
you are not informed with this your comments...

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 27, 2019
martineverest:
any retaliation china makes will hurt Chinese economy further,not America's
it was Huawei that started this war by helping north Korea to illegally bypass US sanction. they also help the Chinese government in illegally steal information of other countries .
the recent sanction hit them so hard they are planning to sue the US government in a US court

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Just Got Myself A Brand New Phone...What Do You Think? / 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria / Whatsapp Banned Me For 24hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.