Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues (35230 Views)

I Can No Longer Use Some USSD Codes On My Xiaomi Phone. Help Please / This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones / These Three Infinix Devices Will Receive Android 8 Oreo OTA Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by donblanco: 10:32pm On May 27, 2019
[quote author=cr7lomo post=78778266]

Stop deceiving the gullible ones... America had long created the 5G ...b4 China did.....China just launched first...and China still copied America[/quote

Bros, Huawei is still a year or 2 ahead of others in 5G,thats why its having issues in Australia,canada and uk because its components is what its being used in their 5G programme.Lets get our facts right.
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Rossikk(m): 10:32pm On May 27, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
What I find amusing is Niggerians too have an opinion. grin grin
Even citizens of a 4th world shithole where (internet and electricity is a luxury) want to weigh in on matters that they know nothing about grin grin grin
We will never feel as bad about ourselves as you want us to feel.... Go jump in a lagoon. And no...internet and electricity are not luxuries here, you pea brain maggot.

6 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by shogsman(m): 10:33pm On May 27, 2019
America is playing this game too fast,they'll surely lose at the end,this are not stronghold features, who still use an SD card on phone this days.
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by thegreencoal: 10:34pm On May 27, 2019
Danelo:
Huawei mate 20 pro for sale

#25,000 only grin

I'm interested. I'm currently in Lagos, ready to buy tomorrow. Let's chat.
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by UncleJudax(m): 10:35pm On May 27, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Flawed all Howaei needs is to increase the inbuilt memory capacity. grin it's becoming shameful that the US is scared of competition they do anything in their power to bring you down. They can just wake up one morning and create what does not exist and put the Blame on you for their selfish interest. I pity people who asslick them and see them as Saints. I dislike the western world with passion. I stand with Howaei. IPhone and Samsung has turned many girls into olosho and some of them are even vomiting money right now all in name of i want to use upgraded phone. I love the Chinese they never let the western world dictate for them or influence their tradition. I love their simple lifestyle. It's in Nigeria we copy and paste and we want to live like the westerners and it's doing us more harm than good.
You may be right but China does same too
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by shogsman(m): 10:36pm On May 27, 2019
cr7lomo:

How is China king of technology...name one innovation by China....name one invention by China...Na people like u China de deceive... China na copy copy...they don't hv creative minds in China...they only copy from those that hv created

Google is your friend bro,read and get your facts Right.
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by pinkyruledworld(m): 10:37pm On May 27, 2019
i wont be surprised if huawei step up their innovations and becomes THE BOSS
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 27, 2019
udemzyudex:

Tell am,a lot of people here don't understand what is really going on.
I started hating Huawei when I heard they were the company that helped install technology in AU headquarter and they were helping Chinese hacker transfer data that are not meant for public consumptions to China. for five years, between the hours of midnight and 0200, data from the AU’s servers was transferred more than 8,000km away - to servers in Shanghai.
but the useless African Union had to keep quiet because they were getting shut up money from China

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by osuofia2(m): 10:40pm On May 27, 2019
I hate Chinese'

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by emmykk(m): 10:40pm On May 27, 2019
Admin401:
People like to pretend that nobody listens to Trump, but the truth is that when Trump cough, whoever the cough is direct at will surely feel the breeze no matter what.

Do you know that there is ban on google,Facebook and twitter in China for many years now.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by mchc1001: 10:41pm On May 27, 2019
thank you, don't mind all this idiot that knows nothing criticizing America
Jaqenhghar:
What I find amusing is Niggerians too have an opinion. grin grin
Even citizens of a 4th world shithole where (internet and electricity is a luxury) want to weigh in on matters that they know nothing about grin grin grin
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Jaqenhghar: 10:42pm On May 27, 2019
baiaon:
Your :Pemotions have clouded your judgment.Millions of Nigerians own Huawei phones and products.So Nigerians are free to rightfully air their opinions on this issue because it directly affects them.
E pain am
[img]https://media1./images/52f0379a2e0b182ba70aed98565aa8f0/tenor.gif?itemid=13792325[/img]
I think its time to go switch on your generator dont you think tongue

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by makizee(m): 10:42pm On May 27, 2019
naijapips04:
The war is all about who controls 5G. This war is way bigger than Huawei.

Bigger than them when they are the only company that has a functioning 5G technology and othersare at least 3 years behind them.

Ok
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by taxiappguy: 10:46pm On May 27, 2019
cr7lomo:

Stop deceiving the gullible ones... America had long created the 5G ...b4 China did.....China just launched first...and China still copied America
I respect your opinion and right to speak in a public forum, but you sir, are not very well informed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Jaqenhghar: 10:48pm On May 27, 2019
Rossikk:

We will never feel as bad about ourselves as you want us to feel.... Go jump in a lagoon. And no...internet and electricity are not luxuries here, you pea brain maggot.
Yeah I know ..... you dont feel bad but you are hurling insults. Blah blah blah
[img]https://media1./images/6099a37a4a47ac8e6e2959c79c38b935/tenor.gif?itemid=11204972[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Eze2000(m): 10:48pm On May 27, 2019
bettercreature:
Its very sad but they can only delay it China will rule the world
America has lost its leadership position.America’s present generation are not intelligent

Whenever I see comments like yours I laugh in 7 different languages. The day you or your kids leave goggle search to use china search to do anything on phone or PC is the day China will rule the world

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2019
This war is all about 5G. Those people calling China thieves, all technologically advanced countries are thivies they all steal. No country is exempted.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Broadmind: 10:49pm On May 27, 2019
So we ho reach 10G one day.its well
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by taxiappguy: 10:50pm On May 27, 2019
cr7lomo:

How is China king of technology...name one innovation by China....name one invention by China...Na people like u China de deceive... China na copy copy...they don't hv creative minds in China...they only copy from those that hv created
You need to read more. Also, open your mind.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 27, 2019
shogsman:
America is playing this game too fast,they'll surely lose at the end,this are not stronghold features, who still use an SD card on phone this days.

Perhaps the most obvious product line that could be impacted by Huawei's placement on the US trade blacklist is its smartphones. Popular Huawei smartphone models such as the P30 Pro and Mate 20 Pro were built using a variety of components from US tech companies.

The P30 Pro, for example, uses flash storage from Micron, according to iFixit , which was founded in Boise, Idaho, in 1978. It also uses front-end modules from the Massachusetts-based Skyworks Solutions and California-based Qorvo. The company's popular Mate 20 Pro smartphone also includes Skyworks modules and a wireless power receiver from IDT, according to iFixit , which is also headquartered in California.

Supplier Lumentum has also said it's stopped shipping parts to Huawei, according to Reuters . It's unclear precisely how Lumentum's components are used in Huawei's phones, but the components maker said that Huawei was responsible for 18% of its revenue in its last reported quarter. Lumentum is also a supplier for Apple's Face ID facial recognition technology, so it's possible that its parts have been used to power the facial recognition features on phones like the Mate 20.

But those are some of the more granular ways in which Huawei's phones could be impacted by the new requirements. Of course, Google's revocation of Huawei's Android license means Huawei can no longer use the firm's widely popular software. And designs from Arm, which recently told employees to stop working with Huawei, play a big role in Huawei's line of Kirin chips that power its smartphones and tablets. (However, since firms usually license technology from Arm, it's possible that Huawei has years worth of licenses stored for future use.)

New York-based Corning's Gorilla Glass can also be found on a wide variety of Huawei smartphones ranging from its Mate 20 Pro to its less expensive Honor V8, among many other models, according to the glass maker.

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by RealityShot: 10:53pm On May 27, 2019
holysainbj:
See Countries fighting tech wars but our politicians are here polithiefing.

Who did we offend in Nigeria? The person suppose don dey pity us by now na
his name is OBASANJO
Go and beg him
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by ifyboy60(m): 10:53pm On May 27, 2019
ntyce:

How did they start it?

Oga, go and read

u really need to read, nairaland and naija gossip is not the only source of news u know.

china banned facebook,
china banned twitter,
china banned google,
china banned google map.
etc.
they previously banned Snapchat too, I think.
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by martineverest(m): 10:54pm On May 27, 2019
Mk93:

it was Huawei that started this war by helping north Korea to illegally bypass US sanction. they also help the Chinese government in illegally steal information of other countries .
the recent sanction hit them so hard they are planning to sue the US government in a US court
china know it's over for them.....they are defenseless

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by TheKingIsHere: 10:58pm On May 27, 2019
Platony:
Americans fear the Chinese more than any other set of people in terms of Technology.

Wetin concern Huawei with SD card. Even my guy's Letv X501 am using now doesn't have an SD card slot, has an in-built 32GB ROM, 3GB RAM, full metal body & its a superb China phone just like Xiaomi. Picture & Video quality na bomb!! Selfie Camera clear die!! Talk more of Huawei wey be Baba for Tech. grin

One thing I know for sure is; Huawei will overcome all these.

You guys are just too ignorant on NL.

Huawei is as good as dead if they don't beg America. All the top apps that people use are owned by American companies and US can go further to deal with them. This SD card ban is just a minor blow, as they are not ready to land the killing blow.

Imaging having an Huawei phone but you can't access Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, telegram, wechat, Google play store, Google search engine etc? Is the phone not as good as useless?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by santori: 10:58pm On May 27, 2019
Xda59:

The only place China can rule is Africa. China ruling the world is nothing but a pipe dream because they are 100 decades behind the U.S.

oga take am easy now, china is not Nigeria o. small small with this america hype. 100 decades =1,000
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by ifyboy60(m): 10:58pm On May 27, 2019
Phagyrhe:
I believe the issue of national interest as claimed by United States isn't a lie. At least we have seen instances where American products were banned in China. Some are still banned. You can't use Facebook, Google services and the rest. You can't use Google Map. In fact, the excuse they gave about GMap then is that it threatens their national security.

The Chinese look for ways to force all major American companies to set up in China, yet everyone applauded such act. Why then are we condemning the US from protecting its own national security?

people criticizing the US are either hypocrites or straight up dummies.

china started this long ago, the US is only obliging them.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by ifyboy60(m): 11:01pm On May 27, 2019
marvin906:

oga china didn't banned all companies some refused to comply with china policy..
e.g Facebook and it's likes..
the US is accusing china and huawei of using their tech to spy on them when they are the king's of spying and data theft or is it not the same US that the Germans caught tapping into angel merkels phone aside from that the EU have been telling the US to bring evidence of Huawei spying buh till now nothing..
dude this is beyond what we know

What policy are u talking about?
No company can comply with a communist regimes policy and still be in business with the western world.
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by malele(m): 11:03pm On May 27, 2019
Billy0naire:
For a company that launched 5G before American companies can even understand what 5G means, it will take the Chinese a few days to design something better, and I can guarantee that the Chinese will provide inbuilt memory in terabytes and knock SD out of relevance. And why need SD when you can link the phone directly to the cloud server for free?

Anyone who studies the Chinese history of resilience and hard work knows that the USA can not beat China. Because Americans can not beat Chinese when it comes to patience, resilience, hard work, and technology. The Chinese copied American brands and studied ahead of Americans.

In this war, Africans are debating who to stand with, because they are too lazy to join the AI race. It is a shame.

Technology ? Are u for real I use machines made in China and once’s made in America, respeck the USA pls if we get our ass right here in Nigeria , we can beat this Chinese in technology

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by santori: 11:03pm On May 27, 2019
Timekeeper:

Rubbish. China ko... God forbid.. Useless China that makes things hard.. How many Nigerians or African dey trip for China to go hustle... You no get sense... Even u sef dey look for opportunity to go Yankee

Root for China ko, sow for chinko ni.. Ode

if not for china, mobile phones and laptops would still be a luxury that only the stinking rich Can afford in Africa. who stop you from going to china to hustle, correct hustlers dey there making their cool money and sending back him.
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by NoBetterNigeria: 11:04pm On May 27, 2019
Picture please

Danelo:
Huawei
mate 20 pro for sale

#25,000 only grin
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by santori: 11:05pm On May 27, 2019
malele:

Technology ? Are u for real I use machines made in China and once’s made in America, respeck the USA pls if we get our ass right here in Nigeria , we can beat this Chinese in technology

If we can beat china ,we can woop America as well in terms of technology
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by ifyboy60(m): 11:08pm On May 27, 2019
cr7lomo:

U are the only one that truly understand the reason America is fighting them... Nigerians are so gullible sha...they don't even wanna try to b properly informed...that's y the politicians are dealing with the country and citizens...they are too sentimental

Nigerians and sense don't relate well.
is it the Nigerians that believe in Buhari, that will be reasonable enough to understand that China don't play by any rules not theirs.

China locked up a million of its own Muslim people and forced them.
China burns bibles and shuts mosques and churches.
China has low innovation and discoveries, heck Japan and Korea even have more renowned inventions than china.
China is only good in mass production and perfecting other peoples technology.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria / Just Got Myself A Brand New Phone...What Do You Think? / Whatsapp Banned Me For 24hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.