Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues (35235 Views)

I Can No Longer Use Some USSD Codes On My Xiaomi Phone. Help Please / This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones / These Three Infinix Devices Will Receive Android 8 Oreo OTA Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 27, 2019
martineverest:
china know it's over for them.....they are defenseless
it is this very same China that Japanese soldiers wanted to wipe off the planet during Sino-Japanese war if not for US help.
the US/Japan trade war in the 80s force the Japan economy that was the second largest then into a crisis they are still recovering from now.
some idiot won't Respect US because they bought a phone that claim made in China
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Rexnegro(m): 11:18pm On May 27, 2019
Admin401:
People like to pretend that nobody listens to Trump, but the truth is that when Trump cough, whoever the cough is direct at will surely feel the breeze no matter what.
oh boy see cough director o , who be trump when buhari dey ?

what am I saying sef
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by baiaon(m): 11:31pm On May 27, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

E pain am
[img]https://media1./images/52f0379a2e0b182ba70aed98565aa8f0/tenor.gif?itemid=13792325[/img]
I think its time to go switch on your generator dont you think tongue
What is the relationship between me switching on my generator and Nigerians having the right to discuss the sanctions against Huawei phones and their products?The blind rage and bitterness folks like you possess in your hearts hinders clear thoughts
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by sparta191(m): 11:32pm On May 27, 2019
Obaofusa:
Hahaha.

.God bless America soon all the useless Islamic countries and atheist countries will die.

God bless all the Christian countries and God bless America

Stop sounding depressed bro.
Every religion has it's good and bad story to tell so don't paint out one as the holiest
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by drakeli: 11:35pm On May 27, 2019
ntyce:

How did they start it?

Oga, go and read
Facebook, google, Instagram and WhatsApp are all banned in China since a long time ago . China started it

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by bluecircle470: 11:38pm On May 27, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Flawed all Howaei needs is to increase the inbuilt memory capacity. grin it's becoming shameful that the US is scared of competition they do anything in their power to bring you down. They can just wake up one morning and create what does not exist and put the Blame on you for their selfish interest. I pity people who asslick them and see them as Saints. I dislike the western world with passion. I stand with Howaei. IPhone and Samsung has turned many girls into olosho and some of them are even vomiting money right now all in name of i want to use upgraded phone. I love the Chinese they never let the western world dictate for them or influence their tradition. I love their simple lifestyle. It's in Nigeria we copy and paste and we want to live like the westerners and it's doing us more harm than good.

China is presently wailing and crying and you’re here talking rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by vetisrael(m): 11:38pm On May 27, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

You guys are just too ignorant on NL.

Huawei is as good as dead if they don't beg America. All the top apps that people use are owned by American companies and US can go further to deal with them. This SD card ban is just a minor blow, as they are not ready to land the killing blow.

Imaging having an Huawei phone but you can't access Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, telegram, wechat, Google play store, Google search engine etc? Is the phone not as good as useless?

People that are in support with use their products especially my die hard friends that love their president more than the country, without those apps, it would be easy to Fulan******** them all as one Baba rightly said last week.
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by drakeli: 11:38pm On May 27, 2019
bettercreature:
That was then they are ruling the world already
Most Chinese live in villages and remote mountainous countryside starving with no good road and running water. It’s a fact.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by mchc1001: 11:38pm On May 27, 2019
If not for America you will not know what is mobile phone
santori:

if not for china, mobile phones and laptops would still be a luxury that only the stinking rich Can afford in Africa. who stop you from going to china to hustle, correct hustlers dey there making their cool money and sending back him.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by GodCovenant(m): 11:44pm On May 27, 2019
Huawei has long been accused of rampant theft of intellectual property (IP), selling U.S. tech to enemy states like Iran and North Korea and being a Trojan horse for the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Its place as the world’s No. 2 smartphone maker–behind Samsung and ahead of Apple–was achieved despite Huawei handsets being shunned by the big four U.S. carriers out of security concerns. FBI Director Christopher Wray has accused Huawei of “pervasive criminal behavior” designed to “undermine our country’s place in the world.”

On May 15, the Trump Administration placed Huawei on the Commerce Department’s Entity List, meaning American companies require a special license to do business with it. Google began blocking Huawei from parts of its Android operating system in order to comply. U.S. chipmakers, which together sold some $10 billion worth of components to Huawei last year alone, were obliged to follow suit.

The Entity List is not only devastating for Huawei but also for any nation that uses its telecom equipment, given the firm’s reliance on American components. The move was always considered the “nuclear option,” says Samm Sacks, a cybersecurity fellow at the New America think tank who regularly briefs Congress on China policy. “This is not just crippling on Huawei as a firm, but crippling on the entire concept of global tech supply chains,” says Sacks.

Huawei got a temporary reprieve on May 20, when the Commerce Department announced a 90-day exemption. But the firm long ago began working on cutting out its reliance on U.S. materials, producing its own semiconductor chips and working on an alternative operating system to Android. Hu Xijin, editor in chief of China’s state-run Global Times, tweeted May 21 that the blacklisting was “a real turning point” for “U.S. semiconductor companies gradually losing [the] Chinese market.”

This tech cold war matters because it could slow down or dramatically alter the rollout of a technology that is likely to define the future of the Internet for the next decade– the 5G networks in which Huawei has all but cornered the market. The race to roll out 5G is the most consequential fight for global technological supremacy since the U.S. battled the Soviet Union to put a man on the moon. The winner will take home billions, if not trillions, in profits and gain a powerful seat at the table in creating the infrastructure for the next billion Internet users. And right now, it looks like the U.S. is losing.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by drakeli: 11:45pm On May 27, 2019
marvin906:

oga china didn't banned all companies some refused to comply with china policy..
e.g Facebook and it's likes..
the US is accusing china and huawei of using their tech to spy on them when they are the king's of spying and data theft or is it not the same US that the Germans caught tapping into angel merkels phone aside from that the EU have been telling the US to bring evidence of Huawei spying buh till now nothing..
dude this is beyond what we know
So if you were a businessman, would you comply to a stupid policy that would take all your business secrets and blueprints away and get your business compromised. That’s the kind of policy China is pushing for against Facebook, google and the likes

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Mrluv(m): 11:45pm On May 27, 2019
Danelo:
Huawei mate 20 pro for sale

#25,000 only grin
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by SoNature(m): 11:53pm On May 27, 2019
bettercreature:
Its very sad but they can only delay it China will rule the world
America has lost its leadership position.America’s present generation are not intelligent

Seriously?
I think the Chinese are mostly into reverse engineering.
It will take China decades to get to the level where the US as a rich country.
US companies dominate in almost everything.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Jaqenhghar: 11:56pm On May 27, 2019
baiaon:
What is the relationship between me switching on my generator and Nigerians having the right to discuss the sanctions against Huawei phones and their products?The blind rage and bitterness folks like you possess in your hearts hinders clear thoughts

You don't get. Switching gen is something more suited for you guys. Leave the tech stuff for those who know whats up. Stick to your Techno phones and Gionee grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by SoNature(m): 11:57pm On May 27, 2019
lloyds:
Indeed the 3rd World War will be cyber.

America clearly knows that if China is not curtailed, she will overtake them in tech sphere I'm just the next few years.

But, the truth is, these arrows from the US are too late. . These Chinese guys have added a lot to their game.

I love the way analysts explained the trade war.
Yes, Huawei can easily develop their own OS, but you still need the popular operating systems to sell your products outside China.
And most of Huawei's revenues come from international market.
I just think that the two presidents should meet and resolve the issue...even American firms are feeling it too.
So far, Huawei has been the hard hit.
Canada, US and now the UK want to collaboratively ruin this Chinese pride
Smh
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by chiboy1116: 12:00am On May 28, 2019
lloyds:
Indeed the 3rd World War will be cyber.

America clearly knows that if China is not curtailed, she will overtake them in tech sphere I'm just the next few years.

But, the truth is, these arrows from the US are too late. . These Chinese guys have added a lot to their game.

it's so late , China are still gonna drop the 5g B4 American .
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by wanger50(m): 12:02am On May 28, 2019
I fear America o
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 12:06am On May 28, 2019
So when China banned Top U.S based companies what did you say eh? im taking about WhatsApp, FB, youtube and Google yet its the same Google OS these Chinese companies use on there phones, lets say its Karma grin grin

Do you know china built a city like paris and even built their own Eiffel Tower exactly how it is in Paris in China?

Do you know china have there own london bridge too?
they even build a city that look like one in U.S so if you get there it seems you are in America.
why must they copy everything?

Diplomatically the US will deal with China without firing a bullet. Most of the companies that provide consulting services to Huawei are based in the US, including dozens of companies like IBM and Accenture. After being temporarily suspended from the Wi-Fi Alliance and SD Association, Huawei's chances aren't looking so good imagine a phone without Wi-Fi.
If Huawei loses access to Bluetooth also a US based company, its phone business is pretty much tanked.

US won the 4G war and Trump will do anything to with the Race for 5G

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by baiaon(m): 12:06am On May 28, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

You don't get. Switching gen is something more suited for you guys. Leave the tech stuff for those who know whats up. Stick to your Techno phones and Gionee grin grin grin
k
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Spanishmilf(m): 12:22am On May 28, 2019
bettercreature:
America has lost its leadership position.America’s present generation are not intelligent
nice people think in terms of technology America wins but Hell no China is no.1
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:25am On May 28, 2019
Timekeeper:

Rubbish. China ko... God forbid.. Useless China that makes things hard.. How many Nigerians or African dey trip for China to go hustle... You no get sense... Even u sef dey look for opportunity to go Yankee

Root for China ko, sow for chinko ni.. Ode

Bro u dey vex ooooo
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by dikenelson: 12:27am On May 28, 2019
I think the Asian world should come together
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by malele(m): 12:36am On May 28, 2019
santori:

If we can beat china ,we can woop America as well in terms of technology

China has no tech, they copy other people’s tech and produce inferior of it.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by OyinO: 12:53am On May 28, 2019
It seems that all the people that have sense who used to comment and make me learn a lot of things have all left nairaland. Heap of biased comments emanating from brainless and miseducated fellows.

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by tempest01(m): 1:11am On May 28, 2019
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Sammiejokes(m): 1:22am On May 28, 2019
I will advice Nigerians to always read sometimes. 5G is a technology US military has developed 20years ago for military purposes. There are so many hurdles involved in building 5g networks.The Chinese copied this technology and trying to sell same to US ally. It is funny Theresa may could think of allowing Huawei to build 5g structures for the UK which by Chinese law the govt Can access any data of Huawei. Thank God that woman is resigning.
China is not open to foreign markets but want open markets into the west.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by caracas: 1:25am On May 28, 2019
bettercreature:
Story for the gods
America will continue to rule the world even the good lord wud never allow that atheist country, rule this world
Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Judybash93(m): 1:39am On May 28, 2019
hisgrace090:
China started this banning war, I'm watching to see the outcome.

Yes oOo.. They started it oOo... From Facebook to Twitter and even Instagram as well as Snapchat just to mention a few but now, America is hitting them where it hurts

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by Nobody: 1:43am On May 28, 2019
Xda59:

The only place China can rule is Africa. China ruling the world is nothing but a pipe dream because they are 100 decades behind the U.S.

The US and UK won't even allow that to happen, they still systematically own Africa.

Britain is still eying Africa(their formal colonies) Britain is trying to leave European Union, then work with the US to be on top again

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by iNeedACar: 1:45am On May 28, 2019
lloyds:

Huawei will survive it. . Although their revenue will suffer in the mean time.

Apple, Nexus (google) etc are dying, and they seem to have run out of new ideas.

If they kill Huawei, how will they treat the surge coming from Redmi (Xiaomi), Oppo, one plus etc. It's too late.

You talk like a teenage girl in her monthly cycle.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues by tyup(m): 1:45am On May 28, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Flawed all Howaei needs is to increase the inbuilt memory capacity. grin it's becoming shameful that the US is scared of competition they do anything in their power to bring you down. They can just wake up one morning and create what does not exist and put the Blame on you for their selfish interest. I pity people who asslick them and see them as Saints. I dislike the western world with passion. I stand with Howaei. IPhone and Samsung has turned many girls into olosho and some of them are even vomiting money right now all in name of i want to use upgraded phone. I love the Chinese they never let the western world dictate for them or influence their tradition. I love their simple lifestyle. It's in Nigeria we copy and paste and we want to live like the westerners and it's doing us more harm than good.

your hate for them has blinded you to the extent you've become so unreasonable and Stark naive about Worlds politics and Even China's Malevolence to the world at large esp Africa

So sir my advise for you now is to grow up and if ur grown already crave for wisdom, Read wide to Grok World's politics so no one makes fun of you outdoor

#Peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Whatsapp Banned Me For 24hours / What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? / Photo Of World's First 5G Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.