Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,657 members, 7,955,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? (4932 Views)

The First 5 Things Ladies Look At Within The First 50 Seconds Of Meeting A Guy / 18 Years Past But Haven't Yet Moved On From My Ex-BoyFriend! / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by Cosmass(f): 2:50am On Sep 29, 2010
My ex boyfriend and i have been broken up for about a month and during this period, he has called me a couple of times, sent me his vacation pictures, even called me the names he gave me when we were going out, "peach" and "beautiful".

After about 3weeks, I told him, i would want us to hang out to talk but if he was not up for it, he could tell me "No" and to my surprise, he said yes, he would want to but he would let me know when our schedules fit.

It's been a week now and he has called me a lot of times checking upon me, telling me what he has been up to but has not brought anything about meeting up. What should i do?
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by Osama10(m): 2:58am On Sep 29, 2010
Na wa, I think you better wait for some time or are you in a hurry.
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by Cosmass(f): 3:00am On Sep 29, 2010
Osama10:

Na wa, I think you better wait for some time or are you in a hurry.

It's not really about me being in a hurry. Him calling me and giving me hints, he's still interested is not going to let me move on easily. I still care about him if he wants to get back and that's why I agreed to meet up to mend or close the chapter so I know the deal.
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by Cosmass(f): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2010
more answers?
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by Omolola1(f): 5:48pm On Sep 29, 2010
dont pressure him about meetng cos i think he is just trying to take his time wiv u
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by 1102(m): 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2010
[size=13pt]That guy doesn't like u

why bugging him abt meeting

Goosh Girl uve got class, FLAUNT it

dont let men over-ride on you,
[/size]

If u see where ladies use class to outshine me but i always keep working for it
and I always have the last laff,

subject ur bf serious intense COMEBACK drilling and see if he wont take 2 his heels cos he's obviously not up
to the game for you, not the simple PETTING your are doing wiv him,
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
Dont force him to hang out with u.He is not interested again.
Just leave him or forget abt him.What of if he agrees and he doesnt really say anything important when u meet.it will hurt u more.My dear just let it go.You have to start a new life
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by Seun(m): 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
He's not interested in you. Sorry, but move on. Men don't drop hints. They do what they want to do.
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by phemmy88(m): 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2010
Just what i'm about 2 say.

. . . He's a potential heartbreaker. He'll keep on breaking ur heart untill u've learnt ur lesson!
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by Cosmass(f): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2010
Omolola1:

dont pressure him about meetng cos i think he is just trying to take his time wiv u

That's what I'm doing. He actually texted me he misses me and calling me by the pet names and things going on in his life, his busy schedule work but still hs not mentioned us meeting up even though initially he said he wanted to be spontaneous.

nikkykay:

Dont force him to hang out with u.He is not interested again.
Just leave him or forget abt him.What of if he agrees and he doesnt really say anything important when u meet.it will hurt u more.My dear just let it go.You have to start a new life

Seun:

He's not interested in you. Sorry, but move on. Men don't drop hints. They do what they want to do.

I doubt he's not interested. He texted me about his busy schedule with work, how much he misses me and calling me by my pet names though he has not mentioned the meeting up yet which i told him, he could decline, if he did not want to meet up and he said he wanted to.
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by sleekone: 8:23am On Oct 01, 2010
y dont u move on with ur life. y would u want to go bck to a relationship after its over. it ended for a reason, and going back to it after 1mnth wont change d fact there were issues with it.

talkin abt it wont make a diff and ur guy knws u still care abt him and is jst stringing u along. y would u want to put urself through the same heartbreak again.
Re: Why Is My Ex Boyfriend Delaying Meeting Up To Talk? by Ifedisky(m): 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2010
I doubt he's not interested. He texted me about his busy schedule with work, how much he misses me and calling me by my pet names though he has not mentioned the meeting up yet which i told him, he could decline, if he did not want to meet up and he said he wanted to.
[quote][/quote]How did he break up with you? Was it by dropping hints? If not, why do you have to start imagining he'd want to come back by dropping hints? Personally, I think the guy likes and cherishes you but just doesn't see you as anything other than a close friend. He's just being polite by agreeing to hang out with you because, obviouslyyy, he's taken aback by the request. Thta he's hedging is because he doesnt want to hurt you by outrightly turning you down. There is something between ya both that he is reluctant to let go yet but he's afraid of continuing a committal relationship, Do not crowd him and don't be too available. Just play cool and explore the"just friends" option yet. There might still be a future in ya both

(1) (Reply)

If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single / Ever Lied To Your Romantic Partner? / Plastic Surgery Turns Woman Face To Something Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.