Stats: 3,162,038 members, 7,849,185 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:55 PM

President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja (27123 Views)

Nana Akufo-Addo Tenders Apology For Demolition, Orders Investigation / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Buhari And Nana Akufo-Addo Laughing In Burkina Faso (Caption Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2019
Oh you are even in Ghana. Fuckeduppedness Nigerians are in our markets and growing our economy? That is stvpidily foolish thing to say. Why can’t nigerians grow the Nigerian economy. Why do nigerians want to “grow” the Ghanaian economy but won’t or can’t grow the Nigerian economy? Charity begins from home right? So why will you “grow” Ghana’s economy to above 8 percent when the Nigerian economy is fumbling at least than 2 percent? It doesn’t make sense. Is it that you love Ghana too much? I don’t get it

IntrovertedK:
i didn't make any mistake in that very post though buh for your retarded brain (as you used it for someone earlier), all the Nigerians in gh are in your markets and growing your economy through business. There are 60k nigerian students here in gh presently contributing 1 billion usd to your economy. Ask your ministers and president why they won't leave ecowas so nigerians can stop trooping into the country, they'll tell you how much they make and gain from them monthly. I'm presently in your country and what i pay as tax monthly, visa fee, renewals and others makes me more relevant than you even here in your own country. So stop trying hard. The Nigerians here are only growing your economy.
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Alanpoza007: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
SLBMS:
The same President that started a speech in Oxford with a 20 minutes monologue on how Nigerians are criminals and thieves....invited into ASO ROCK !!!
Are you serious.. When was this? And the Nigerian government didn't fire back at the idiot. He even had the guts to visit to Nigeria. I'd like a source to that news.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
Look fool. Just shut up and listen,huh? At least you should be grateful to Ghanaians,huh? You live in a Ghana and do business in Ghana,right? If you want your business to do well in Ghana, the least you can do is to respect the country and its people. If for some reason you don’t like the country, then leave. You live in a country, bad mouth the country and its people and expect to do well in your business. It will never work. This is small advise for you.

IntrovertedK:
smh. You are just a local champ that sits on the couch every morning/evening listening to propagandas on the local tvs/radios. I also suggest you stop being a local champ and at least step out of your local small enclave and see the truth. Free education has been in nigeria even before they gave it a thought to ever concieve your ugly short president. The make believe that your country is peaceful because no international media is interested in what happens inside your small cave you call country but thank God, we are able to witness all ourselves. All the make believes our country is peaceful because no media is coming from outside to show the lies to the world. I see how bolga, wa is very peaceful. How kumasi is very free of robbers, snatchers. Keep deceiving yourself.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by chrisagyei: 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2019
MillerJnr:

with all due respect Sir, Ghanaian English is shitty , words pronunciation is totally different from either British English or American English and and sounds like a local language in Ghana and DRC
Ghana is the first West African country that has had the longest contact with the English language and reported that the earliest recorded contact between the people of the Gold Coast and the British was in the early 16th century.Have you heard a Ghanaian speak before such as our current president?
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2019
What can nigeria do? He said the truth and you can go and take sniper if what he said offended you. Fuckeduppedness

Alanpoza007:

Are you serious.. When was this? And the Nigerian government didn't fire back at the idiot. He even had the guts to visit to Nigeria. I'd like a source to that news.
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Olumyco(m): 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2019
arda1500:
Ghana speaks correct English..
Nigeria is one of the worst English speaking country when it comes to pronouncing words correctly

Well that's what they claim but in actual fact they speak deviated/distorted RP (Received Pronunciation). RP is what is termed Queens English and today even in England no body speaks it again. Most people British, American etc speak SP (Spelling Pronunciation). Their films, News and co confirms this. The Ghanians needs to start paying attention to films to get how the whites pronounces things.

Ghanians English problem is rooted in their wanting to speak RP and that is where they got it wrong those vowel characters confused them and they ended up carving out their own way of pronouncing things. So their RP is deviated and distorted.

Calling Numbers Numbes instead of Numbas is wrong

There are many words ending in er Ghanians pronounce as e instead of a

Calling action actshin instead of actshon

In the research I did they made it clear that vowel E and A rules their english.

They call pillars pillers instead of pillars

Their way of speaking english made me to carefully observe how the whites speaks in films and I discovered that they are wrong. The whites dont pronounce things the way Ghanians pronounce things.

Nigerians pronounce English word better than them

The white don't call work werk... it is work

But in all Ghanians performs better in terms of absence of local tongue. They speak better than Kenyans and those east African countries in terms of absence of local tongue interference.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by MillerJnr(m): 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2019
chrisagyei:
Ghana is the first West African country that has had the longest contact with the English language and reported that the earliest recorded contact between the people of the Gold Coast and the British was in the early 16th century.Have you heard a Ghanaian speak before such as our current president?

Uruguay first won the world in 1930 ,are they the best football playing nation today?
the thing is, when Ghanaians speaks English, it is as if they are speaking their local dialect because of their tongue.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Alanpoza007: 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:
What can nigeria do? He said the truth and you can go and take sniper if what he said offended you. Fuckeduppedness

Get off my mention. Go and look for your playmates to throw tantrums at. You're here on a Nigerian forum throwing tantrums and insulting Nigerians. To what end?

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:
Oh you are even in Ghana. Fuckeduppedness Nigerians are in our markets and growing our economy? That is stvpidily foolish thing to say. Why can’t nigerians grow the Nigerian economy. Why do nigerians want to “grow” the Ghanaian economy but won’t or can’t grow the Nigerian economy? Charity begins from home right? So why will you “grow” Ghana’s economy to above 8 percent when the Nigerian economy is fumbling at least than 2 percent? It doesn’t make sense. Is it that you love Ghana too much? I don’t get it

at that 2%, do you think your small cave will ever or can ever catch up with 'Africa biggest economy'? Even in next 100 years to come, your enclose can never get close to morroco/egypt economy not to talk of Nigeria. Nigerians are leveraging on your country as a small enclave/suburb the way citizens of other great countries all over the world are leveraging on africa countries.

Lemme give you an assignment boy, go inside any market close to you, marjor market or nah, pick 5 products at random, if 3 of them are not made in Nigeria, lemme know. And if the major suppliers and sellers are not Nigerians. Nigeria was once the highest investor in this your very enclose about few years ago before the whites came. Now Nigeria is competing with them as highest investor in your enclose buj your 'make believe' and 'self deceit' won't let you see reality.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
Chris, leave the goat alone. Upon all the issues confronting Nigeria today, the number one concern is how Ghanaians speak their English? What kind of people are these? Somebody even said our president didn’t have swag. Can you imagine that? Meanwhile their president with so-called swag is leading them straight into recession. grin
chrisagyei:

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
wizzzmike:

lol I feel ya.... but them dey envy us before and after independence. I know them blockheaded ppl so more time I no dey argue plus them.

how can you respect a rich ( country) who's children are always starving lol
The Giant of Africa envy una for wetin? E be like say you don change wetin u dey smoke. Charlie or wetin u call yourself no do make I start with u o...if I call y burnt offer-ring u go vex.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Olumyco(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
chrisagyei:

Sir your president don't speak Ghanian English 100%. There are some of his pronunciations that is not like the way Ghanians pronounce things. He has some education abroad and that influenced him a bit. So his own is more of a mixture.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:
Is it not better to have a president who looks like a village headmaster but is bringing economic prosperity to his people, than have a man with so-called swag who is just spreading poverty all over the place? Fuckeduppedness grin

Ghanians live in austerity...don't talk when we talk, especially on nairaland...

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by ADMAF(m): 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:
. grin grin

Oga calm down, you shouldn't bring up all these as points at all. On the issue of economy, we are only just recovering from a recession. Prior to that time, we grew at rates bordering on double digits. It's not a new thing. In fact, growth is not the most imp indicator of. Development. That's why developed Countries typically grow at a much slower rate around 2-4 percent.
And yes, The economy of Lagos alone is bigger than that of Ghana. Nigeria generates more electricity than Ghana, Ghana is only lucky cos of its relatively small population and territory which ensures that much less power generation will still serve the population. Nigeria's top two Universities rank much higher than any Ghanaian uni in the world rankings and Nigeria is a much more established power in international politics and government. Most of the poor indices we have here in Nigeria is from a particular region which unfortunately continues to be dragged back by their reluctance to embrace education and modernization and reduce procreation to rates consistent with income. If Nigeria was only made up of the South and North Central region, we'd be miles ahead of any African Country.
Nigeria remains Ghna's big bro.
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
dapadawee:
hope say nepa no go take light for aso village
chai...u don finish naija

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:
Look fool. Just shut up and listen,huh? At least you should be grateful to Ghanaians,huh? You live in a Ghana and do business in Ghana,right? If you want your business to do well in Ghana, the least you can do is to respect the country and its people. If for some reason you don’t like the country, then leave. You live in a country, bad mouth the country and its people and expect to do well in your business. It will never work. This is small advise for you.

remember i warned you earlier against emotional talks? I knew you gon start crying soon. You done with tantrums? I expect something better from you and surely not this emotional writeup.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by opomulero101(m): 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2019
chrisagyei:
let me clarify something.Our artists are very popular in Africa since the 60s till date through Osibisa,Ephraim Amu,hi-life and hip-life which begot modern afro beats music were our creation and two of the most popular and legendary genres in Africa,our current artists from dancehall to hip hop,gospel(Sonnie Badu,Joe Mettle,etc) are all popular and household names and do you know the funny thing,90% of our music are not in English or even pidgin buh pure Twi(our national local language).And nobody complains about our English.In fact the rest of Africa pronounce words very thick and ver poor that's why ours is unique.Have you heard Nana Akufo Addo or any Ghanaian speak.Very clear

Guy u need confirm reset slap(unique my foot).Nah so una artist(Shatta &stonebwoy) dey form gangstar ontop local award.
We are not on d same level musically our artist are famzing with world famous artists.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by chrisagyei: 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:

Chris, leave the goat alone. Upon all the issues confronting Nigeria today, the number one concern is how Ghanaians speak their English? What kind of people are these? Somebody even said our president didn’t have swag. Can you imagine that? Meanwhile their president with so-called swag is leading them straight into recession. grin
hahaha grin,charley these menners be too funny,I don't know what they see strange about the Ghanaian english besides they should concentrate on their most important problems that is development and poverty reduction instead of English as you said

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2019
Look I am beginning to get real irritated with your stvpidity. When they say Nigerians are stvpid, somebody will say I am abusing Nigerians. But how can a rational human being speak the way this goat is speaking?

Let me tell you a few things. Ghana’s overriding priority is not to be Africa’s largest economy. Of course if it happens we will accept it and thank God for His mercies. Ghana’s topmost priority is to improve the lives of its people. Every country’s people are its greatest resource, not oil,gas,gold etc. why is Norway considered the richest country in the world. We want to make sure we have good roads, good health care, good education, electricity, good social safety nets, good security for its citizens.

I suggest to you to place emphasis on these basic things so every Nigerian can have a good life. What is the sense in having the “biggest economy in Africa” when majority of your people are endemically poor?

IntrovertedK:
at that 2%, do you think your small cave will ever or can ever catch up with 'Africa biggest economy'? Even in next 100 years to come, your enclose can never get close to morroco/egypt economy not to talk of Nigeria. Nigerians are leveraging on your country as a small enclave/suburb the way citizens of other great countries all over the world are leveraging on africa countries.

Lemme give you an assignment boy, go inside any market close to you, marjor market or nah, pick 5 products at random, if 3 of them are not made in Nigeria, lemme know. And if the major suppliers and sellers are not Nigerians. Nigeria was once the highest investor in this your very enclose about few years ago before the whites came. Now Nigeria is competing with them as highest investor in your enclose buj your 'make believe' and 'self deceit' won't let you see reality.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Harrisee(m): 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2019
chrisagyei:
let me clarify something.Our artists are very popular in Africa since the 60s till date through Osibisa,Ephraim Amu,hi-life and hip-life which begot modern afro beats music were our creation and two of the most popular and legendary genres in Africa,our current artists from dancehall to hip hop,gospel(Sonnie Badu,Joe Mettle,etc) are all popular and household names and do you know the funny thing,90% of our music are not in English or even pidgin buh pure Twi(our national local language).And nobody complains about our English.In fact the rest of Africa pronounce words very thick and ver poor that's why ours is unique.Have you heard Nana Akufo Addo or any Ghanaian speak.Very clear

On behalf of Nigerians, we haven't heard of these your artists apart from Sonnie Badu. Ghanaians celebrate mediocrity a lot...

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
Do you even understand the term austerity? Nonsense!

distributeinc:

Ghanians live in austerity...don't talk when we talk, especially on nairaland...
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:

yes, leading us to recession according to the propagandas on your local tvs especially ghone. A man that launched the first light rail in africa is leading us to recession? Building modern rail system that even your minister had to go learn how it's done is leading us to recession. I'd advise you again, stop being a local champ that only feeds on propaganda. And yes, your president is ugly and that's a fact.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
ADMAF:

I have been following the discussion since and I will like you to know that each and everyone of you is trying to defend their country. Ghana should not in any way compare themselves to Nigeria coz we are not in the same class tbh. Last time I checked, Lagos GDP alone is more than the whole Ghana's own. The best black professionals in the world are mostly Nigerians, the richest blacks are mostly Nigerians, although Naija is presently suffering from irresponsible government.

I have argued this on and on with Ghanaians here in the States and they succumb to the superior argument caz we went head to head with facts and they had to accept Nigeria is their big bro.

Although Ghana too is trying in terms of electricity, currency relative to Nigeria, but I don't think we should compare ourselves to eachother. You guys should just take a chill pill, coz Ghanians and Nigeria are like brothers outside the shores of Africa.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by chrisagyei: 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
Harrisee:

On behalf of Nigerians, we haven't heard of these your artists apart from Sonnie Badu. Ghanaians celebrate mediocrity a lot...
Ohk and I have never heard of Donald Trump.Bite me,don't let me start on you
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
Since when did being a president become a beauty contest? When I say Nigerians are fools they will say I am abusing them. But tell me, if you have to chose between a president that is “ugly” but grow the economy at above 8 percent, or a “hadsome” president who is just managing to grow his generator-powered economy at 1.9 percent, who will you chose? The challenge facing Nigeria today is that the population is growing at a faster rate than economic growth, that is a time bomb bigger than boko haram, Fulani herdsmen and kidnappers all put together grin

IntrovertedK:
yes, leading us to recession according to the propagandas on your local tvs especially ghone. A man that launched the first light rail in africa is leading us to recession? Building modern rail system that even your minister had to go learn how it's done is leading us to recession. I'd advise you again, stop being a local champ that only feeds on propaganda. And yes, your president is ugly and that's a fact.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:

Look I am beginning to get real irritated with your stvpidity. When they say Nigerians are stvpid, somebody will say I am abusing Nigerians. But how can a rational human being speak the way this goat is speaking?

Let me tell you a few things. Ghana’s overriding priority is not to be Africa’s largest economy. Of course if it happens we will accept it and thank God for His mercies. Ghana’s topmost priority is to improve the lives of its people. Every country’s people are its greatest resource, not oil,gas,gold etc. why is Norway considered the richest country in the world. We want to make sure we have good roads, good health care, good education, electricity, good social safety nets, good security for its citizens.

I suggest to you to place emphasis on these basic things so every Nigerian can have a good life. What is the sense in having the “biggest economy in Africa” when majority of your people are endemically poor?

tell me the poverty rate in your northern region. Don't forget to tell me how poor the minorities, furafuras, fulanis, the hausas are and thier total population against the other republican major tribes then we can talk about poverty. And your economy is growing at 12% while Nigerias at staggering 2% but you suddenly don't want to talk about economy anymore because it's not an overriding priority of oil/cocoa rich 27million populated ghana to be africa biggest economy. Smh. Confusion is thy name. I know you don't know what economy means though. Maybe if you do, there'd be limit to 'made in Nigeria' products in your market and maybe Ghana will thus be at least in one to five of the investors in her own country mofo.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2019
opomulero101:

Guy u need confirm reset slap(unique my foot).Nah so una artist(Shatta &stonebwoy) dey form gangstar ontop local award.
We are not on d same level musically our artist are famzing with world famous artists.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Harrisee(m): 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2019
chrisagyei:
Ohk and I have never heard of Donald Trump.Bite me,don't let me start on you

Sorry, but I don't think I've heard of a competent artist from Ghana apart from Sonnie. And you guys are late on payment for the petroleum gas we supply you. We will soon cut off your supply.

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
Look at this one. So you think you talked sense abi? The last time you checked Lagos GDP is bigger than that of Ghana? Yet people are running from Lagos with its so-called bigger economy for Ghana. Let me break things down a little for you. You see that Lagos GDP you mentioned,huh? Half of that is in Tinubu’s pocket. The governor will take his own. By the time they all done, only 20 percent of that GDP is available for ediots like you. Keep on having lagest GDP upanddown! You are just another manifestation of crass stvpidity in Nigeria.

Iblad0994:

I have been following the discussion since and I will like you to know that each and everyone of you is trying to defend their country. Ghana should not in any way compare themselves to Nigeria coz we are not in the same class tbh. Last time I checked, Lagos GDP alone is more than the whole Ghana's own. The best black professionals in the world are mostly Nigerians, the richest blacks are mostly Nigerians, although Naija is presently suffering from irresponsible government.

I have argued this on and on with Ghanaians here in the States and they succumb to the superior argument caz we went head to head with facts and they had to accept Nigeria is their big bro.

Although Ghana too is trying in terms of electricity, currency relative to Nigeria, but I don't think we should compare ourselves to eachother. You guys should just take a chill pill, coz Ghanians and Nigeria are like brothers outside the shores of Africa.
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by ADMAF(m): 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2019
Iblad0994:

grin I initially considered it all light hearted banter o. I had to join the whole debate when I realized Ghanaians were actually pretty convinced in their alternative reality that they now stand toe to toe and are even ahead of Nigeria, Really funny. Even the electricity they scream about, Nigeria generates more... They should clarify.
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
Iblad0994:

ghanas currency is never better than nigerias. Just because they remove a zero(revaluation) doesn't make it better. What determines a better money is the purchasing power. They live like slaves to their currency in their country, and in exchange, naira is bigger. Thanks

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2019
Talking trash, as usual. What has the poverty rate in the north got to do with anything? You are incoherent. You are talking pure crap. Norther Ghana has benefited from free education since independence in 1957, so there are well educated people in the north.

IntrovertedK:
tell me the poverty rate in your northern region. Don't forget to tell me how poor the minorities, furafuras, fulanis, the hausas are and thier total population against the other republican major tribes then we can talk about poverty. And your economy is growing at 12% while Nigerias at staggering 2% but you suddenly don't want to talk about economy anymore because it's not an overriding priority of oil/cocoa rich 27million populated ghana to be africa biggest economy. Smh. Confusion is thy name. I know you don't know what economy means though. Maybe if you do, there'd be limit to 'made in Nigeria' products in your market and maybe Ghana will thus be at least in one to five of the investors in her own country mofo.

Pat Utomi: This Goat Is Smarter Than Most Nigerian Governors / El Rufai Mocks Pastor Oritsejafor On Private Jet / Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Buratai, Visits Troops In Gamboru-Ngala (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78