Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,408 members, 7,861,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja (27145 Views)

Nana Akufo-Addo Tenders Apology For Demolition, Orders Investigation / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Buhari And Nana Akufo-Addo Laughing In Burkina Faso (Caption Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by femolii: 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
arda1500:
Ghana speaks correct English..
Nigeria is one of the worst English speaking country when it comes to pronouncing words correctly
You lie the way Ghana speak is that the way Britain's speak ? tell me.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
Na craze Dey worry that your stvpid head. Do you know the number of Nigerians that arrive in Ghana every day in search of economic refuge? Even the pr0stitutes in Ghana you mentioned, where are they from? grin emekablue with redundant brain grin
EmekaBlue:
thats how fake ratings deceive u with fatest growing economy indeed...meanwhile people are suffering and starving,prostitution on d high at d streets on kumasi e.t.c

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by chrisagyei: 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
IntrovertedK:
same way your english is funny to many other african countries. I have been to liberia, sierra leone and kenya, they mostly feel same way about your country english. Why do you think it's hard for other africans to connect to your musics? Because of the way you people pronounce things oddly.
let me clarify something.Our artists are very popular in Africa since the 60s till date through Osibisa,Ephraim Amu,hi-life and hip-life which begot modern afro beats music were our creation and two of the most popular and legendary genres in Africa,our current artists from dancehall to hip hop,gospel(Sonnie Badu,Joe Mettle,etc) are all popular and household names and do you know the funny thing,90% of our music are not in English or even pidgin buh pure Twi(our national local language).And nobody complains about our English.In fact the rest of Africa pronounce words very thick and ver poor that's why ours is unique.Have you heard Nana Akufo Addo or any Ghanaian speak.Very clear

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:
Liberia, Sierra Leone feel same way about the way Ghanaians speak English? Why should that worry Ghanaians? Liberians and Sierra Leoneans speak some of the worst English I have ever heard. The truth is that every African country has a peculiar way of speaking English. Just don’t make it like it is a Ghanaian thing.

y'all know every african countries have a way of speaking english buh there is this 'make-believe' that you people speak the best english while others speak the worst. Just in your last tweet, you talked about Nigeria english being the worst and now it's Liberia and Sierra Leones? I agree with you on every Africa countries having peculiar tongues but you guys are too wierd. It's funny sometimes when we hear some eastern africa countries like ugadans, kenyans, zimbabweans speak, buh everyone can surely pick up whatever they say unlike ghanaians. It's like you need to take fresh english classes immediately you land in ghana. It's totally wierd.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by bluefilm: 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
Na wa o.

So na ugly people full Ghana abi na wetin be dis na?

How can Ghana people look at this toad looking extremely ugly man and elect him presido?

Dem no dey see our fine Sai Baba so?

Tufiakwa. sad
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by EmekaBlue(m): 8:13pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:

Na craze Dey worry that your stvpid head. Do you know the number of Nigerians that arrive in Ghana every day in search of economic refuge? Even the pr0stitutes in Ghana you mentioned, where are they from? grin emekablue with redundant brain grin
not economic refuge but to teach u how bizness is done though u cant learn bcoz what u guys know is to get high and make noise all over d place from morning till night then eat banku and sleep

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
Look, it is a matter of opinion. Is this something to fight over? You people like to fight over irrelevant things. It is like you come and tell me that your mother’s soup is better than my mother’s own? Do you expect me to agree? The sensible thing is to say is if you think your mother’s soup is better, take it. I will also take the fact that I believe my mother’ food taste better. We can never agree so we agree to disagree.
S pp

IntrovertedK:
y'all know every african countries have a way of speaking english buh there is this 'make-believe' that you people speak the best english while others speak the worst. Just in your last tweet, you talked about Nigeria english being the worst and now it's Liberia and Sierra Leones? I agree with you on every Africa countries having peculiar tongues but you guys are too wierd. It's funny sometimes when we hear some eastern africa countries like ugadans, kenyans, zimbabweans speak, buh everyone can surely pick up whatever they say unlike ghanaians. It's like you need to take fresh english classes immediately you land in ghana. It's totally wierd.
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by chrisagyei: 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2019
wizzzmike:

lol I feel ya.... but them dey envy us before and after independence. I know them blockheaded ppl so more time I no dey argue plus them.

how can you respect a rich ( country) who's children are always starving lol
hahaha charley buh somehow I like the attention I.e from the well trained Nigerians giving objective and positive comments except from of course the vague and unfortunate ones who seems to hide some hidden hatred of the motherland.Mostly I jus stop and stare
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2019
chrisagyei:
let me clarify something.Our artists are very popular in Africa since the 60s till date through Osibisa,Ephraim Amu,hi-life and hip-life which begot modern afro beats music were our creation and two of the most popular and legendary genres in Africa,our current artists from dancehall to hip hop,gospel(Sonnie Badu,Joe Mettle,etc) are all popular and household names and do you know the funny thing,90% of our music are not in English or even pidgin buh pure Twi(our national local language).And nobody complains about our English.In fact the rest of Africa pronounce words very thick and ver poor that's why ours is unique.Have you heard Nana Akufo Addo or any Ghanaian speak.Very clear
this very same 'make-believe' is the problem. 'every other african countries pronounce wrongly/poorly and only ours is unique' buh yet we've seen and heard our colonial master speak, it doesn't in anyway correlate. And nothing is clear in ghana english, it's totaly wierd. And try to cure yourself of 'self deciet' too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2019
Stop talking like a fool emekablue grin you want to teach Ghanaians how business is done? grin so why didn’t you teach your own people how business is done that today they are the most poorest in the world?

EmekaBlue:
not economic refuge but to teach u how bizness is done though u cant learn bcoz what u guys know is to get high and make noise all over d place from morning till night then eat banku and sleep
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by foster212: 8:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
Why dia eyes dey shine like that?
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
Just put this English thing aside. Considering the major issues that confront Nigeria today, the way Ghanaians speak English should be the least of your concerns.
IntrovertedK:
this very same 'make-believe' is the problem. 'every other african countries pronounce wrongly/poorly and only ours is unique' buh yet we've seen and heard our colonial master speak, it doesn't in anyway correlate. And nothing is clear in ghana english, it's totaly wierd. And try to cure yourself of 'self deciet' too.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:

are you sure about the bolded? Cuz last time i checked, Nigerians are only interested in your markets and business.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by MillerJnr(m): 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
chrisagyei:
we have a different way of pronouncing our words which is the internationally standard way.Our English is carefully articulated and the words are pronounced clearly by the use of the oxford phonetics sounds.Our forefathers and the rest adopted the original English tongue buh we made it raw without too much slaring or tongue twisting.Nigerian English is very strange and funny to us.

sorry are you a Ghanaian?
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by EmekaBlue(m): 8:21pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:
Stop talking like a fool emekablue grin you want to teach Ghanaians how business is done? grin so why didn’t you teach your own people how business is done that today they are the most poorest in the world?

my friend those poor statistics u see is bcoz of d north....d richest r still found here and u knw it.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:
Just put this English thing aside. Considering the major issues that confront Nigeria today, the way Ghanaians speak English should be the least of your concerns.
that wasn't for you though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by MillerJnr(m): 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
chrisagyei:
we have a different way of pronouncing our words which is the internationally standard way.Our English is carefully articulated and the words are pronounced clearly by the use of the oxford phonetics sounds.Our forefathers and the rest adopted the original English tongue buh we made it raw without too much slaring or tongue twisting.Nigerian English is very strange and funny to us.

articulated with that? , that means you guys even speak better English than the British.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by chrisagyei: 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
MillerJnr:

sorry are you a Ghanaian?
Yea
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
Of course I am sure of I am saying. I live in Accra. I just got back this evening from a reception where I met some Nigerians and they were talking about how thousands of Nigerians are fleeing Nigeria to come to Ghana daily. Come to Ghana and you will see Nigerians all over the place. Ask any Nigerian living in Ghana. Fuckeduppedness grin
IntrovertedK:
are you sure about the bolded? Cuz last time i checked, Nigerians are only interested in your markets and business.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by MillerJnr(m): 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
IntrovertedK:
same way your english is funny to many other african countries. I have been to liberia, sierra leone and kenya, they mostly feel same way about your country english. Why do you think it's hard for other africans to connect to your musics? Because of the way you people pronounce things oddly.

Absolutely spot on
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:

you want to start what you can't finish knowing fully well thet your small enclave is irrelevant in the world today.. The most poorest in the world same with the richest black in the world, the richest people in africa, country with the highest number of blacks (in u.s dollars). You sure know how your country seems not to be in existence when it comes to all this indices and ratings about africa countries. Please don't start for your own sake knowing fully well that you people suffer inferiority complex and tears is all you mostly resort to in this kinda situation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
It wasn’t for me but it irritates me! When there are major issues concerning poverty, killings, kidnappings, corruption etc, you are talking about how Ghanaians speak English? By the way tell your tv newscasters to stop trying to speak like oyibos. They sound tooooo funny when they try to imitate oyibo people when they read the news.
IntrovertedK:
that wasn't for you though.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by kenodrill: 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
Alzirida:
grin

This shouldn't be news.
I doubt if this was an official visit.

Nigeria is a big country,
All these small countries , their president when not in official visit can stroll in and out with distracting Buhari.

Bubu should be busy with ministerial list

Whatsup
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by MillerJnr(m): 8:29pm On Jun 05, 2019
chrisagyei:
Yea

with all due respect Sir, Ghanaian English is shitty, ways of pronouncing words is yuk

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by chrisagyei: 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
MillerJnr:

articulated with that? , that means you guys even speak better English than the British.
we pronounce similarly buh the difference is just like the Americans buh typically of the British and French they break off the last syllable or sometimes the last one or two letters in a word and they slate or twist their tongue.Aside that the phonetics we speak are the same like "but".They pronounce it "bah" we say "bat"
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by MillerJnr(m): 8:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
chrisagyei:
we pronounce similarly buh the difference is just like the Americans buh typically of the British and French they break off the last syllable or sometimes the last one or two letters in a word and they slate or twist their tongue.Aside that the phonetics we speak are the same like "but".They pronounce it "bah" we say "bat"

with all due respect Sir, Ghanaian English is shitty , words pronunciation is totally different from either British English or American English and and sounds like a local language in Ghana and DRC

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
Shuo, start what I can’t finish? Me? This is petrodolla ooooh. grin grin grin I suggest you find out a bit more about petrodolla,huh? Well, Ghana is not a poor country at all. Ghana’s economy is growing nicely. Ghanaians have r3gular electricity. People in Ghana can sleep with their eyes closed. Life expectancy is 65. Children in Ghana enjoy free education and feeding to university level. Between Ghana grin and Nigeria, who should be suffering from inferiority complex here?

IntrovertedK:
you want to start what you can't finish knowing fully well thet your small enclave is irrelevant in the world today.. The most poorest in the world same with the richest black in the world, the richest people in africa, country with the highest number of blacks (in u.s dollars). You sure know how your country seems not to be in existence when it comes to all this indices and ratings about africa countries. Please don't start for your own sake knowing fully well that you people suffer inferiority complex and tears is all you mostly resort to in this kinda situation.
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by PetroDollax: 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Fortunately, I have met other people from other parts of the world who love the way Ghanaians speak their English.

MillerJnr:

with all due respect Sir, Ghanaian English is shitty and and sounds like a local language in Ghana and DRC
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:

Of course I am sure of I am saying. I live in Accra. I just got back this evening from a reception where I met some Nigerians and they were talking about how thousands of Nigerians are fleeing Nigeria to come to Ghana daily. Come to Ghana and you will see Nigerians all over the place. Ask any Nigerian living in Ghana. Fuckeduppedness grin
i didn't make any mistake in that very post though buh for your retarded brain (as you used it for someone earlier), all the Nigerians in gh are in your markets and growing your economy through business. There are 60k nigerian students here in gh presently contributing 1 billion usd to your economy. Ask your ministers and president why they won't leave ecowas so nigerians can stop trooping into the country, they'll tell you how much they make and gain from them monthly. I'm presently in your country and what i pay as tax monthly, visa fee, renewals and others makes me more relevant than you even here in your own country. So stop trying hard. The Nigerians here are only growing your economy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by naijajobx: 8:36pm On Jun 05, 2019
Okay
Re: President Buhari Receives Akufo-addo, Ghana President, In Abuja by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2019
PetroDollax:
Shuo, start what I can’t finish? Me? This is petrodolla ooooh. grin grin grin I suggest you find out a bit more about petrodolla,huh? Well, Ghana is not a poor country at all. Ghana’s economy is growing nicely. Ghanaians have r3gular electricity. People in Ghana can sleep with their eyes closed. Life expectancy is 65. Children in Ghana enjoy free education and feeding to university level. Between Ghana grin and Nigeria, who should be suffering from inferiority complex here?

smh. You are just a local champ that sits on the couch every morning/evening listening to propagandas on the local tvs/radios. I also suggest you stop being a local champ and at least step out of your local small enclave and see the truth. Free education has been in nigeria even before they gave it a thought to ever concieve your ugly short president. The make believe that your country is peaceful because no international media is interested in what happens inside your small cave you call country but thank God, we are able to witness all ourselves. All the make believes our country is peaceful because no media is coming from outside to show the lies to the world. I see how bolga, wa, tamale is very peaceful. How kumasi, circle is very free of robbers, snatchers. And how all the students in the suburbs are enjoying basic infrastructure, good school structures and how journalists are living freely. Keep deceiving yourself.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Haliru Bello Wheelchair: Eniola Akinkuotu's Perspective / Plot To Impeach Yakubu Dogara Thickens - Naij.com / Ekiti PDP Reps React To ‘sack’ Of Fayose As State Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.