Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (9497 Views)

Only The Sharpest Eyes Can Read This (POHTO) / Who Would You Stand For Among The Following People And Give Your Reasons? / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by tkb417(m): 10:14am On Oct 02, 2010
@Hauwa
Wetin I do na?
My list shouldn't be urs. Free me joh
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by ifyalways(f): 10:21am On Oct 02, 2010
@OP,sharpest mind as in
Rofl.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Dede1(m): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
Sagamite:

It surely is the best evidence for it in the context of a forum where opinions are being thrust about.

I can't vouch for everyone in the list but I think majority of those on it are good at delivering logical and objective arguments that they can back up in most of their arguments, and willing to accept same when another person puts it forth to them.

I do think though that some NLers are confusing being intelligent to having a sharp mind.

There surely are a few intelligent people on NL, but I think majority of the shapest minds are likely on that list. I don't know everyone on NL, so the poster might have missed some.

There are obviously people that take NL as a bit of fun, time-passer or joke that don't engage too intensely in debates.

Some people can not make the list though as they do take NL seriously but yet their arguments only show passion, not top intellect.

Imagine saying Dede1 and Beaf should be put in the same category as, for example, Deepsight. LWKMD  grin grin grin grin

To this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-444610.224.html#msg6059851

Read the debate that follows and then the inevitable outcome

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-444610.288.html#msg6090839

Such comparison of the 2 with Deepsight is like pitching the present fastest runner from Sri Lanka against Usain Bolt.

That would be a joke as he would not even be able to compete with the 3rd fastest from Japan/Nigeria that are still a few notches below.

You can stomp this forum to dead and try very hard to bring other contributors to your dirty level; you shall still not be qualified to attract ordinary mention of your handle name to the group.

Forum is not a place of unnecessary analytical essays or a platform for popularity contests. It is a place where historical facts are stood on their feet and fictitious conjectures are led to rest.

Unlike you who spent much of the time debating about the overage of Nigerian girls, I stick with the political facts about Northern and Southern Protectorates including 1960's Nigerian era. I suggest you stick with the issues on overage or underage of Nigerian girls and stay away from subject matters that are way beyond your imaginary intellectual pedigree.

I have read few posts from you on this trivial issue and it seemed you are apparently disturbed. Do you think people should lose a sleep because of how goofy morons such as you feel about them on this forum?
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by semid4lyfe(m): 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2010
Dede1:

You can stomp this forum to dead and try very hard to bring other contributors to your dirty level; you shall still not be qualified to attract ordinary mention of your handle name to the group.

Forum is not a place of unnecessary analytical essays or a platform for popularity contests. It is a place where historical facts are stood on their feet and fictitious conjectures are led to rest.

Unlike you who spent much of the time debating about the overage of Nigerian girls, I stick with the political facts about Northern and Southern Protectorates including 1960's Nigerian era. I suggest you stick with the issues on overage or underage of Nigerian girls and stay away from subject matters that are way beyond your imaginary intellectual pedigree.

I have read few posts from you on this trivial issue and it seemed you are apparently disturbed. Do you think people should lose a sleep because of how goofy morons such as you feel about them on this forum?

Gengen. . .film don reach action time. . . .
Rubs his hands together in anticipation of a titanic battle grin grin
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by mamagee3(f): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2010
Jarus:

I meant 'my list' not 'my class' in my above post, first line. I'm posting from phone, can't modify now.
Whatever!

It's not like it matters anyway.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by houvest: 4:57am On Oct 03, 2010
None of the tribal champs should make that list.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 03, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Gengen. . .film don reach action time. . . .
Rubs his hands together in anticipation of a titanic battle grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 03, 2010
Useless list if I may add. What of someone like Bk/babe who is obviously several times more intelligent than some people on this list, that is assuming he actually meant half of what he had written on this forum.

Is intelligence now based on toeing a certain line of reasoning? is that what a sharp mind is all about?

For daring to include Dede1 on this list, I have decided to nominate myself as King Solomon, Socrates and Albert Einstein all rolled into one.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 03, 2010
Aigbofa:

Useless list if I may add. What of someone like Bk/babe who is obviously several times more intelligent than some people on this list, that is assuming he actually meant half of what he had written on this forum.

Is intelligence now based on toeing a certain line of reasoning? is that what a sharp mind is all about?

For daring to include Dede1 on this list, I have decided to nominate myself as King Solomon, Socrates and Albert Einstein all rolled into one.

Ok, atigbo, King SoloSteinCrates wink tongue
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ok, atigbo, King SoloSteinCrates wink tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin

And I nominate Ileke-Idi as smarter than Marie Curie except when EzeUche is around.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 03, 2010
Aigbofa:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

And I nominate Ileke-Idi as smarter than Marie Curie except when EzeUche is around.

LOL, You're not serious. You too like wahala sha
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by SEFAGO(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2010
funny popularity contest thread grin

People are awarding the rare quality of perspicacity to those who blow the most hot air. Anyhoo . . .
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Hauwa1: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2010
FART on thread cheesy cheesy cheesy

poo pooo poooooooooooooooooo
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by SEFAGO(m): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2010
Its not lady like to fart u knw
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Beaf: 2:57am On Oct 04, 2010
Sagamite: It surely is the best evidence for it in the context of a forum where opinions are being thrust about.

I can't vouch for everyone in the list but I think majority of those on it are good at delivering logical and objective arguments that they can back up in most of their arguments, and willing to accept same when another person puts it forth to them.

I do think though that some NLers are confusing being intelligent to having a sharp mind.

There surely are a few intelligent people on NL, but I think majority of the shapest minds are likely on that list. I don't know everyone on NL, so the poster might have missed some.

There are obviously people that take NL as a bit of fun, time-passer or joke that don't engage too intensely in debates.

Some people can not make the list though as they do take NL seriously but yet their arguments only show passion, not top intellect.

Imagine saying Dede1 and Beaf should be put in the same category as, for example, Deepsight. LWKMD  grin grin grin grin     

To this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-444610.224.html#msg6059851

Read the debate that follows and then the inevitable outcome

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-444610.288.html#msg6090839

Such comparison of the 2 with Deepsight is like pitching the present fastest runner from Sri Lanka against Usain Bolt.

That would be a joke as he would not even be able to compete with the 3rd fastest from Japan/Nigeria that are still a few notches below.

I clicked on this thread out of curiosity today. Matters like the topic of the thread do not impress me therefore, this is likely to be my first and last contribution;  but I saw a post from Dede1 which called my attention, due to a quote from yourself. You referred to me out of the blue, for some obscure reason (most likely, an insecure or diminutive mentality).

A lot of the time, people like you cannot understand that I genuinely detest foolishness. The easiest way to cause me offense is to display brazen foolishness or wanton lip flapping.

Do not cheapen the Beaf persona name by dragging it into asinine arguments that only highlight your low self-esteem issues.

Types like you are most likely known for nothing outside of NL. I am quite comfortable with my mentality, so; I really don’t care if anyone see’s me as the dimmest bulb, just as long as they themselves are smart. However, I take real offense when a blathering fool steps on my name for no obvious reason.

Chimp brain transplants are going for free in research labs; go get something better than what you have between both ears. As a bonus, you would make a good science research subject on the profound mystery of how fools manage to live, breathe and exist.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Hauwa1: 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
and it's man like to fart huh? hold the fart from my ikebe then if you can, poo pooooooooooooo farting beans fart on thread again

SEFAGO:

Its not lady like to fart u knw
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by slap1(m): 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2010
From what I see, the sharpest nairalanders are the most insultive ones. (no ofeince)
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by slap1(m): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2010
I nominate Mama-gee, lol.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

I clicked on this thread out of curiosity today. Matters like the topic of the thread do not impress me therefore, this is likely to be my first and last contribution;  but I saw a post from Dede1 which called my attention, due to a quote from yourself. You referred to me out of the blue, for some obscure reason (most likely, an insecure or diminutive mentality).

A lot of the time, people like you cannot understand that I genuinely detest foolishness. The easiest way to cause me offense is to display brazen foolishness or wanton lip flapping.

Do not cheapen the Beaf persona name by dragging it into asinine arguments that only highlight your low self-esteem issues.

Types like you are most likely known for nothing outside of NL. I am quite comfortable with my mentality, so; I really don’t care if anyone see’s me as the dimmest bulb, just as long as they themselves are smart. However, I take real offense when a blathering fool steps on my name for no obvious reason.

Chimp brain transplants are going for free in research labs; go get something better than what you have between both ears. As a bonus, you would make a good science research subject on the profound mystery of how fools manage to live, breathe and exist.

Dumbo, surely you must realise you do not detest foolishness more than me. I am known for that on NL.

It is because of daft posts that I felt your name can never sit in the same class as some people on that list.

Your village mentality that led you to blind support and promotion of GEJ, which for example led you to be allocating any thing positive in Nigeria to GEJ within a month of him taking office without any facts on the ground he had any hand in it. The fact you can not see anything he does as wrong.

Another that comes into mind is your daft insinuation that Abdul-Muttalab's father must have been aware of his son's plan to blow up the US plane. That was ridiculous enough, but you showed your asinine mentality when you compounded this by saying Sanusi the central bank governor might also be involved since he was the father's friend and they used to work together in First Bank.  You told us to wait and see. That the CIA would soon start investigating. grin Typical cretinous Nigerian calumnation through conjectures and senseless rumours.

Then in your cretinous world, you were talking about USA invading Nigeria because of that attempted bombing.

These are the things that show you do not have a cutting edge mind that is usually formulated with facts, objectivity and analysis, not arrant conjectures, emotional rants and bigotry.

Honestly, Ileke-Idi needs to be flogged for thinking you had any brains in your head.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Beaf: 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sagamite:

Dumbo, surely you must realise you do not detest foolishness more than me. I am known for that on NL.

It is because of daft posts that I felt your name can never sit in the same class as some people on that list.

Your village mentality that led you to blind support and promotion of GEJ, which for example led you to be allocating any thing positive in Nigeria to GEJ within a month of him taking office without any facts on the ground he had any hand in it. The fact you can not see anything he does as wrong.

Another that comes into mind is your daft insinuation that Abdul-Muttalab's father must have been aware of his son's plan to blow up the US plane. That was ridiculous enough, but you showed your asinine mentality when you compounded this by saying Sanusi the central bank governor might also be involved since he was the father's friend and they used to work together in First Bank.  You told us to wait and see. That the CIA would soon start investigating. grin

Then in your cretinous world, you were talking about USA invading Nigeria because of that attempted bombing.

These are the things that show you do not have a cutting edge mind that is usually formulated with facts, objectivity and analysis, not arrant conjectures, emotional rants and bigotry.

Honestly, Ileke-Idi needs to be flogged for thinking you had any brains in your head.

I'm flattered that you follow my every utterance.
However, you'll be saddened to realise I don't give a fck about you and can't recall any of your posts or even your user  name. I just don't know you.

Sorry, I dont do autographs.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Sagamite(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2010
Dede1:

Lets start with: Are you blind?

My name is in the list.

Dede1:

These are the kind of foolish conjectures that show your low brain power.

A forum is not a place for analytical essays? grin

Check out the big brain on Dede!!!  grin grin grin grin grin

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hWZM8UicVI[/flash]

Where did you source that assertion from? A factory for moronic conjectures.

You are redefining [moronically] what a forum is?

Dede1:

LWKMD  grin grin grin grin grin

Mugu, you think you schismatical tribal rant is some form of intellectual pedigree?  grin grin grin grin grin

The reason your daft arse do not see me (and some of the best thinkers on NL) so frequently in Politics anymore is because of loopy heads like you and your tribal cohorts that have killed any form of intellectual debate in politics and Seun for some reason not heeding the advice I gave when he opened a thread about suggestions of how to make NL better.

If I was the one, I would ban you and your fellow tribalist morons or at best restrict you to be only able to post in the that section for tribalists and racism.

Don't let me dig a few post of mine discussing high level issues with a cutting edge mind, you will start pissing on yourself.

I will gut you, cut you and dice you in any intellectual debate.

Dede1:

I am just saying you are not in the same category with cutting edge thinkers on that list.

You are not in my league. Your intelligence is below my feet.

You need to realise:

There is a difference between Michael Jackson and Alex O.

There is a difference between Maradona and Etim Essien.

There is a difference between Goldman Sachs and Unity Bank of Nigeria.

There is a difference between Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Enugu State University of Science and Technology.

There is a difference between Rolls Royce and Iran Khodro.

Gaddamit, there is a difference between Chateau Lafite 1787 and the best pure water in Nigeria.

Me and you no dey for the same o catego.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by tkb417(m): 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2010
and there is a difference between Manchester United and arsenal

file grin grin grin
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sagamite:

Another that comes into mind is your daft insinuation that Abdul-Muttalab's father must have been aware of his son's plan to blow up the US plane. That was ridiculous enough, but you showed your asinine mentality when you compounded this by saying Sanusi the central bank governor might also be involved since he was the father's friend and they used to work together in First Bank. You told us to wait and see. That the CIA would soon start investigating. grin

u forget add tunnel visioned gay gej fanboyism

gej has swept him off his feet cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Jarus(m): 4:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
I don't even know whether to caution you or sit back and keep enjoying it grin

In any case, let the mudslinging stop o or else . . .

And a quick one: why are Nairalanders usually at their creative and grammatical best when e-fighting?
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Sagamite(m): 5:09pm On Oct 05, 2010
Jarus:

I don't even know whether to caution you or sit back and keep enjoying it   grin

In any case, let the mudslinging stop o or else  . . .

And a quick one: why are Nairalanders usually at their creative and grammatical best when e-fighting? 

Me?

No mudslinging o. I am just putting them in their place.

The grammar we dey use am to make dem lose liver.  grin grin grin grin grin

If I start posting my posts like this, dem go begin dey shyt demselves.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-154942.64.html#msg4213102

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-505643.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-364347.0.html

Oyb, o so fun won ni?  angry (You no tell dem?)

Mo ti she kona in thinking nigba ti awon shi wa ni "Go"! (I have taken the next turn in thinking whilst they are still at start block).

Gaddamnit!!! Na who born dem magas.  angry
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 05, 2010
Jarus:

I don't even know whether to caution you or sit back and keep enjoying it   grin

In any case, let the mudslinging stop o or else  . . .

It's one of the qualities of the so-called sharpest mind. . .abeg leave them with their e-fighting.i can't believe people are here fighting over nothing as if nL is some kind of award winning stuff.o ma se o !
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Sagamite(m): 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2010
~Bluetooth:

It's one of the qualities of the so-called sharpest mind. . .abeg leave them with their e-fighting.i can't believe people are here fighting over nothing as if nL is some kind of award winning stuff.o ma se o !

Fighting ke?

More like oppressing if I must say. cool
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sagamite:

Fighting ke?

More like oppressing if I must say. cool
Oppress how ? Who are you oppressing ?
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by slap1(m): 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sagamite, I don't mean to sound insultive, but don't you think you're kinda blowing your trumpet?
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2010
slap1:

Sagamite, I don't mean to sound insultive, but don't you think you're kinda blowing your trumpet?

u have not met the man from shagamu - the fellow whose ego big pass kanye west own grin grin
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Sagamite(m): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2010
slap1:

Not only trumpet o.

I am playing the whole brass band instruments.

It is worthy of playing when compared to those 2.

If my intellect is compared to a footballer, I would control the game to a point I would be heading my own crosses. cheesy

oyb:

u have not met the man from shagamu - the fellow whose ego big pass kanye west own  grin grin

Get out of here, my friend. Who the hell is Kanye?  angry

Kanye West + Simon Cowell + Muhammad Ali + Jose Mourinho = Sagamite  cool
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by slap1(m): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sagamite:

Not only trumpet o.

I am playing the whole brass band instruments.

It is worthy of playing when compared to those 2.

If my intellect is compared to a footballer, I would control the game to a point I would be heading my own crosses.
Lol, now you must be joking. But seriously you should let people do the trumpet blowing part for you, no? I came across your discourse on agnostic deism several weeks ago and was sincerely mesmerized by the intellectual depth and confidence you brandished so 'recklessly'. Being a writer myself, I stowed away my respect for your intellectual prowess in my mind. Now this, Sagamite, is what I call respect. It is one of the few things you don't seek. It comes to you, you earn it -- like you deservedly earned mine. I believe it's unnatural for you to blow your trumpet, you're were clearly pushed to the wall. Next time you're pushed to the wall, do not rebound. Ignore whoever is pushing you. Sagamite, melt away. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

GLO Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat Codes For June 2015 / The Biggest Discovery I Made During NL Server Failure (must View) / Virtual Sport 100% Profit Calculator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.