Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,028 members, 7,849,150 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:17 PM

Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots (9101 Views)

My Poor Communication Ability Is Killing My Relationship With Girls / Common Excuses Some Guys Give For Not Shooting Their Shots. / Lady Threatens To Tag Wives Of Married Men Who Flirt With Girls Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by KingTom(m): 9:51am On Jun 16, 2019
ebonyggurl:

Lolz...so what's the solution? Date her out of pity? You still won't like her and you'd still have to tell her eventually....and by then, she would have invested even more feelings, making it hurt a whole lot more. Before approaching a member of the opposite sex, one has to put it in mind that the feelings might not be mutual and must therefore prepare oneself for possible rejection. The best thing you can do is let her down easy. undecided
But that's the thing, see when I ask for your number and you give it to me, you don't like me you think I'm ugly bla bla bla but you give me the number. You go ahead and say "no be number, he go call tire I no go pick" when I call tire, I'll shrug it off coz it's Normal almost every day stuff for guys. Now to the guys, most are in uncharted territory, they don't know what to do, and at the risk of committing the fallacy of hasty generalisation, many naija girls are not used to and cannot handle rejection. Thus the choice of entering the relationship and seeing where it leads sets in, una go tire for una selves las las or you never know it might just work wink

2 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by ebonyggurl(f): 9:59am On Jun 16, 2019
KingTom:

But that's the thing, see when I ask for your number and you give it to me, you don't like me you think I'm ugly bla bla bla but you give me the number. You go ahead and say "no be number, he go call tire I no go pick" when I call tire, I'll shrug it off coz it's Normal almost every day stuff for guys. Now to the guys, most are in uncharted territory, they don't know what to do, and at the risk of committing the fallacy of hasty generalisation, many naija girls are not used to and cannot handle rejection. Thus the choice of entering the relationship and seeing where it leads sets in, una go tire for una selves las las or you never know it might just work wink

See, forget that crap about people not being able to handle rejection. it will hurt for a moment, yes...but las las the person go dey alright. Many naija guys would already be in relationships when these gals approach them. Instead of saying straight up that they are already taken, they go start to dey chop the girl dey laff with their friends like say nor be person emotions dem dey play with. When the girl becomes psychotic and damages ur stuff, you go come dey bash the whole womankind undecided
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by abdeiz(m): 10:03am On Jun 16, 2019
ebonyggurl:

lmfao.
Did she tell you that or are you just assuming? If someone starts coming onto you and you ain't feeling no vibes, fvcking tell them undecided....it sucks to lead people on

Lmfao I will do whatever I want regardless of what one anonymous profile on a popular forum thinks. As if we haven't been dealt a terrible hand in the past by your folks
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 16, 2019
QueenSekxy:
I pity any girl that frustration will lead to doing this to immature Nigerian men.

Guys going to ask girls out is not frustration.
But girls going to ask guys out is frustration.
Hanty, why na? Haba!

Don't you know some guys (like me) see it as rocket science to stand before a girl to ask her out?
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by KingTom(m): 10:10am On Jun 16, 2019
ebonyggurl:

See, forget that crap about people not being able to handle rejection. it will hurt for a moment, yes...but las las the person go dey alright. Many naija guys would already be in relationships when these gals approach them. Instead of saying straight up that they are already taken, they go start to dey chop the girl dey laff with their friends like say nor be person emotions dem dey play with. When the girl becomes psychotic and damages ur stuff, you go come dey bash the whole womankind undecided
Abeg no vex the babes wey we dey date dem sef no dey another relationship? undecided no be by relationship o person wey you dey "chop laff" fit come turn your wife na wetin me I dey try talk be that kanipe! Shebi you don read the sensible comment wey Capslocked drop grin
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by BEANSANDBREAD00(m): 10:15am On Jun 16, 2019
Boy
Read your books
Girls are not really worth it
IsiahRashad:
Today I met a girl and we got talking about different subjects, after a while she asked me what I thought about females coming on to guys they like and making the first move. Personally I don't see it as a big deal but the way she was behaving like it's a kind of abomination just made me wonder. She even said she'll prefer to keep quiet and let the "like" kill her than to make the first move. I don't know if it's a Nigerian girl thing because I watch foreign movies and see how ladies go after men they want. Most of our girls think it will somehow reduce their "value" in our eyes and make us not appreciate them, but it depends, it could also increase the value and make the guy respect your guts and determination. I tried to convince her that she could be creative about the method but she was adamant and asked me if it had ever happened to me before and how it turned out. I can easily recall two scenarios.

The first one was a couple of years ago, during my IT. There was this girl in the Quality Assessment department, fine as hell with fresh legs, we normally go through the eye contact routine and friendly chit chat but I was hesitating to take the next step. The first time was one day in the staff bus, the senior workers usually treat we IT students like junior level staff and after closing, the staff bus is always full, so we normally stand for a couple of bus stops till some of them get down, so I was standing with this my notorious friend and the girl was sitting down, next thing he told her to stand so he could sit and she'll sit on his laps. She said no that she wants me to sit instead. My eyes almost fell out of my face, lol. So she sat on my laps and I couldn't even ask for her number cos I was desperately trying to fight an erection, so as not to fall my hand. Then there was another morning I waited for the staff bus and it didn't show, so I took public transport and then entered bike to the company. When I arrived, I saw a crowd outside and the gate was locked. She was standing with one girl and they told me the workers were going on strike because of owed salaries. She then said, "I saw you standing at your stop when my bus passed, if only I had your number, I would have called you when I got here so you won't bother." She made this statement like three times and I knew that was the chance to get her number but all my mind was on the fact that I was freaking broke...I didn't have enough money to get me back home as I made a foolish gamble thinking there'd be work that day and I'll go back with the staff bus.
She then suggested we go back together that she wasn't even going to go home but go see her beastie who stays a couple of bus stops from my place.
I had to lie that I was going somewhere else because actually no money and I was thinking how I'll pay for our transport when I didn't even have enough.

Another case happened few weeks ago, I had an accident and was rushed to the hospital, there was this nurse always asking how I was feeling, when I was on drip...this and that. But I was on some serious painkillers and not really conscious, finally I was knocked out and when I woke up she was holding my hands and talking to me, paying me some kind of extra attention and my drug muddled brain was sort of confused if I was mistaking her professional courtesy for something else. I still complemented her that I was glad her face was the first I saw when I woke up. We actually gisted and after a while i thought she was trying to keep me awake and nothing more.

When I was about to be discharged, she came with her phone and collected my number. She kinda did it in a hurry, like she didn't want anyone to come in and see her getting it.
She messaged me the next day and we've been chatting since then and even set a date, under the guise of her coming to check up on me lol.

The funny thing was, the girl I was having this conversation with was still trying to shoot her shot indirectly. grin

We read some news although mostly twitter tales of how some women leave notes under the wiper of their crush's car, and are happily married today. Some are even extra creative that they'll make you ask them out without you knowing they did the asking.

Girls don't be afraid to shoot your shot, cos if you wait for some guys you could grow old.

So guys share your experience and how did it go
cool
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by ebonyggurl(f): 10:18am On Jun 16, 2019
abdeiz:

Lmfao I will do whatever I want regardless of what one anonymous profile on a popular forum thinks. As if we haven't been dealt a terrible hand in the past by your folks

Okay o. Keep leading them on then. You never encounter psychotic babe yet. Na im cause am
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Texman21: 11:16am On Jun 16, 2019
k
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by 1cor2v9: 11:41am On Jun 16, 2019
The problem is that 90% of the cases where they make the first shot we turn them down... Personally I've turned down two, the last one was last month where the girl boldly sent me a message if she can be my girlfriend...My respect for them is still intact and we still chat till date
I sincerely will not blame any girl who decides to keep shut all her life than speak out only to be turned down..
There are exceptions where the girls shoots her shot and it ends up into something beautiful but they are very FEW..
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Deepfeel(m): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2019
Op sorry but am too lazy to read this long article of yours undecided
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by UnclePrincipal(m): 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2019
ebonyggurl:

Lolz. The average naija girl doesn't lead a guy on. If she isn't feeling you, she either tells you or becomes passive towards you

How did you arrive at these fallacious conclusion?

I don't even think you're a female with this comment
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by ebonyggurl(f): 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
UnclePrincipal:

How did you arrive at these fallacious conclusion?

I don't even think you're a female with this comment

When I made that comment, I was referring to women who want a real relationship...not gold diggers looking for 'mugus'
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by nuggarito: 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
Well I've had multiple situations like this and I just turn them down by telling them I have a girlfriend (which I don't really have) whom ever pushes me more, i just have sex with them, no strings attached and move on. Commitment to someone whom you don't like, whom you never imagined could be beautiful but it could be dangerous too. No one has a right to emotionally blackmail me.

I'd rather hunt what I like than been hunted.

1 Like

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2019
I was new in a polytechnic, and still very brilliant arguably the best in the class. Ladies were actually liking me but i was too innocent to know what they want. A particular lady came to my hostel on more than 3 occasions to look for me and each of those times, I'd jump the window and run away. We ended up being friends months later. Just wish it will happen now.

5 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by UnclePrincipal(m): 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
ebonyggurl:

When I made that comment, I was referring to women who want a real relationship...not gold diggers looking for 'mugus'
But most average naija girls are bunch of gold diggers. They only look for something serious or real when time is beginning to tell on them. sad

1 Like

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Bestboy11513(m): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
UnclePrincipal:

But most average naija girls are bunch of gold diggers. They only look for something serious or real when time is beginning to tell on them. sad

Very true brother.
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Thehatman: 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
Have experienced this on a number of occasions. There is nothing bad about this, but most times Nigerian ladies wouldn't come out outright with it. But as a sharp guy you will always notice.

But the issue I have with this concept is that most guys wouldn't tell her on time that they can't date her. This guys will use this against her, till they get tired of her, whereas the girl is thinking there is something solid going on between them.

To guys: If you notice a girl shooting her shot....let her know on time if you are 'good to go' or not. A REAL MAN WOULDN'T USE THIS AGAINST A GIRL.
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2020
Thehatman:
Have experienced this on a number of occasions. There is nothing bad about this, but most times Nigerian ladies wouldn't come out outright with it. But as a sharp guy you will always notice.

But the issue I have with this concept is that most guys wouldn't tell her on time that they can't date her. This guys will use this against her, till they get tired of her, whereas the girl is thinking there is something solid going on between them.

To guys: If you notice a girl shooting her shot....let her know on time if you are 'good to go' or not. A REAL MAN WOULDN'T USE THIS AGAINST A GIRL.
But NL alfa males think differently.Does this mean they aren't real men?
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by stacyadams: 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2020
I was new in a polytechnic, and still very brilliant arguably the best in the class. Ladies were actually liking me but i was too innocent to know what they want. A particular lady came to my hostel on more than 3 occasions to look for me and each of those times, I'd jump the window and run away. We ended up being friends months later. Just wish it will happen now.
grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by SarutobiEky(m): 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
Well, no girl has ever shot their shot at me, or even had the chance to, because as a very hard tackler, I break their legs before they even make contact with ze ball. angry

Yeah. I'm Gattuso like that.
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Silentgroper(m): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
Alfa male will nt kee sumpple
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 20, 2020
Silentgroper:
Alfa male will nt kee sumpple
Baby quote me directly nah abi u dey fear?
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Silentgroper(m): 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Baby quote me directly nah abi u dey fear?
Lol.. So it was u, my iyawo afesona..

i didnt even look at d moniker. Y i go fear ur skinny ass na. Wetin u wan do gan gan.
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
Silentgroper:
Lol.. So it was u, my iyawo afesona..

i didnt even look at d moniker. Y i go fear ur skinny ass na. Wetin u wan do gan gan.

Oniyeye ni e, oniranu.
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Silentgroper(m): 11:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Oniyeye ni e, oniranu.
grin. Baby mi, sho le disappear sori bed mi, o tutu yii po, o'nshe mi bi kin cuddle eh laleyi.
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
Silentgroper:
grin. Baby mi, sho le disappear sori bed mi, o tutu yii po, o'nshe mi bi kin cuddle eh laleyi.
Sho ni pillow?Oya grab e ko hug e dada.O ni feel cold mo, tiyen o ba work, lo si kitchen ko gbe omi kana. Pour the boiling water in a tub and immerse yourself fully in the hot water, thank me later.
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Silentgroper(m): 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Sho ni pillow?Oya grab e ko hug e dada.O ni feel cold mo, tiyen o ba work, lo si kitchen ko gbe omi kana. Pour the boiling water in a tub and immerse yourself fully in the hot water, thank me later.
What do u mean immerse myself in hot water, do u wnt me boil alive?,

y would u deny a husband d right to cuddle his wife during a fierce coldy night.
o ma ya ika gan o.
oya b4 i open my eyes, comman join me in bed.

Dnt worry, ah ni sere pa ju. I promise grin
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 21, 2020
Silentgroper:
What do u mean immerse myself in hot water, do u wnt me boil alive?,

y would u deny a husband d right to cuddle his wife during a fierce coldy night.
o ma ya ika gan o.
oya b4 i open my eyes, comman join me in bed.

Dnt worry, ah ni sere pa ju. I promise grin
No o, it's for the cold. tongue
Good morning, hope cold never kee you?
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Silentgroper(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2020
MhisTahrah:
No o, it's for the cold. tongue
Good morning, hope cold never kee you?
I'm literally a snowman right nw. So feckin stiff. If only ur sweeth warmthness to keep me warm.

you're cruel, go away jor.

Good morning baby girl.
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2020
Silentgroper:
I'm literally a snowman right nw. So feckin stiff. If only ur sweeth warmthness to keep me warm.

you're cruel, go away jor.

Good morning baby girl.
Are you living in Nigeria because the heat here is smoldering?Where's all that cold from?I need some.

Afi sweeth warmthness na, oniranu. tongue
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Silentgroper(m): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Are you living in Nigeria because the heat here is smoldering?Where's all that cold from?I need some.

Afi sweeth warmthness na, oniranu. tongue
lol. Do u stay in d north? , d north should even be cold right nw.
wherever u are, it's either close to a volcano or close to mars.
grin

i might have exaggerated d cold intensity a lil bit though.

*singing* baaabyyyyy, come closer nd gimme some of dat sweet warmthness, ouuuu yeahhhhh*

drops mic
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 21, 2020
Silentgroper:
lol. Do u stay in d north? , d north should even be cold right nw.
wherever u are, it's either close to a volcano or close to mars.
grin

i might have exaggerated d cold intensity a lil bit though.

*singing* baaabyyyyy, come closer nd gimme some of dat sweet warmthness, ouuuu yeahhhhh*

drops mic
I saw what you did there cheesy and no I live in southwest. This is hell-fire fr.I can't imagine what people that have to stay under this sun for hours are going through.:-)

You're not even romantic one bit, your song is awful.grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can U Marry A Guy That Is Two Years Older Than You / Bisi Komolafe At It Again ; Another Married Man / Romanceland Fc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.