Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) (7658 Views)

Scary Animals: The 10 Creepiest Animals In The World (photos) / Whats The Creepiest Thing You've Seen That You Haven't Shared Anywhere? / What Is The Creepiest Thing Someone Did To Get In Your Pants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
NL_NATION

The Eight Creepiest Things Witnessed By Morticians

Morticians have a close up glimpse of life, death and sometimes the space beyond death. It seems as though a plethora of creepy stories would come out of their occupations, and here is a list of the most hair-raising stories shared by them:

Groaning

If corpses have a lungful of air, then moving them causes it to release. When the air travels through their throat, you get some minor vocalization, but it’s usually just a sigh, gurgle or rattle.

The “groan” is more of a noise coming from the abdomen, you would never mistake it for a living moan. There is no movement in the bodies after death, bodies NEVER sit up on their own.

“It still gets me sometimes, though, if I’m working alone.”

Body Movement

This is extremely rare. And usually only occurs in the smaller muscles. Out of the thousands of bodies my family has seen, only one still had muscle movement after death.

"The deceased’s fingers were twitching “like he was playing the piano”.

Nail Growth

Different parts, tissues, and cells of your body will die off at different rates. It is your skin cells that will live longest. In fact, they will stay alive for up to 3 days before joining the remainder of the body in clinical death.

However it is a myth that your hair and nails continue to grow after death.

The reality is your skin, without moisture, begins to shrink, which reveals more of your hair and nails.

1 Like

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Bigcowhorn: 9:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
Op you no well oooo
Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2019
Mouth Farts

During decomposition, foul-smelling gas gets trapped in your intestines and stomach. If someone puts pressure on your body or moves it, that pent-up gas can push out through your mouth, and it reeks.

“The smell is quite unique, like flatulence and vomit mixed with decomposition.”

1 Share

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
Disappearing Wrinkles

It is often said how youthful a person looks upon their death, but this isn’t always from the intensive work of the mortician. Contraction of the skin sets in postmortem and all of those worry lines and wrinkles magically disappear after death.

1 Share

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2019
Two Faces

When you die, blood gravitates and settles at the lowest points based on your bodies position. This in turn makes the body swell in those areas.

“I once had a man who had half of his face swollen from blood and was completely dried out on the other side. Super weird to see.”

I think we can all agree that one of the most freakish jobs out there is that of a mortician. While some find this profession to be nothing unusual, most think of it as unpleasant and downright spooky due to some of these disturbing experiences.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by asahnwaKC: 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hmmm...creepy
Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
Morticians

1 Share

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by ednut1(m): 9:40pm On Jun 22, 2019
How is this romance

5 Likes

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by mozel247: 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2019
Anytime I see dead body no matter who d person is. I get emotional. It constantly reminds me that I will b just like that someday. Worst if I visit mug. My God. Life is vanity. And not worth all this stress, greed for wealth and others

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by foliman(m): 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
mozel247:
Anytime I see dead body no matter who d person is. I get emotional. It constantly reminds me that I will b just like that someday. Worst if I visit mug. My God. Life is vanity. And not worth all this stress, greed for wealth and others

You got my mind here... It's inevitable, we should keep living to the fullest! It's gonna end someday.

11 Likes

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by MrOfficer(m): 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
Reminds me of when I investigated a case of SUD.

The thing is one gets used to it. I hated blood, but now I'm indifferent to blood, carcass, cadaver, or whatever stuff I see in line of duty
Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by clive2u(m): 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2019
I love ghost movies bt it gives me shivers dwn my spine
Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by thesicilian: 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
I hate the chemical formalin used to preserve the bodies. Otherwise no big deal.
Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by CosmicPhoenix: 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
op,can you please tell me what is graphic about those photos?

3 Likes

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
op,can you please tell me what is graphic about those photos?

A man with a mind of steel.....

4 Likes

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by dPriv: 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
Romance Section?

1 Like

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by SEEDORF441(m): 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
One day i and you will be no more.
Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by CosmicPhoenix: 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
are you trying to scare me that picture undecided,i watch horror films for fun grin

lordskid:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
are you trying to scare me that picture undecided,i watch horror films for fun grin

Hmmm.....Not at all!

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by CosmicPhoenix: 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
check bestgore dot com grin thank me later
lordskid:

Hmmm.....Not at all!

1 Like

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:

h.mmm..

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by boss1310(m): 11:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
I ve always wanted to ask a mortician this question, do you believe in ghost or seen one?
Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Canadanow: 12:42am On Jun 23, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:

Bestgore na the best ooo... I got addicted to the website. Real life murder, rape and all those shiits... Suicide and all, wetin person no go see for dere. All this one wey dem go shoot you for nollywood movie and you go dey do odechi, or 50 guys do dey shoot James Bond and he go dey dodge am, it's a freaking lie. Go and check how person go die like chicken. This life is something else. We still dey enjoy for this country though I hate the way we live, we have money and the citizens are suffering. It will not be better for our leaders. Maybe when we youths are ready to kill all of them, they will do what's right. Or if they start dying one by one like chicken wey get bird flu, nobody go dey launder cash again. I swear to God, I am ready to become a wizard if it will help in making sure all these people raking billions for their personal gain will suffer for it. But the only thing dem fit do for here na money ritual. Una no see any of these politicians use do money ritual sef. Instead of us suffering or killing them for nothing. Maybe we should use all of them for money ritual to get a better country and our cash back.
With Bestgore, I now get mind ooo... That website is mad!!!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Mariangeles(f): 12:48am On Jun 23, 2019
lordskid:

2 Likes

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Mariangeles(f): 12:49am On Jun 23, 2019
lordskid:

h.mmm..
...love the nose

1 Like

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by Fayvhur(f): 1:16am On Jun 23, 2019
Hahaha Mortuary Science 101 Inside romance section
Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by TheFacelessMan: 4:07am On Jun 23, 2019
Decades of reading Stephen King novels have made me aware of all these undecided.

Yuck!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by HopeAtHand: 5:23am On Jun 23, 2019
Fayvhur:
Hahaha Mortuary Science 101 Inside romance section

Hello pretty
Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by lonelydora: 5:34am On Jun 23, 2019
Morticians dey try, abeg
Re: 8 Creepiest Things I Observed When Cleaning A Corpse. (graphic Images) by nurex01(m): 7:09am On Jun 23, 2019
Learn how to keep the secrets of the dead. The best people to wash the dead are the closest to him/her because of all these.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World Won't Get Better If Ladies Don't Stop This(photos) / How To Receive The Same Of Your Partners?(call Tapping) / Your Birthmonth Is Your Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.