Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

IBB, OBJ Clash - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB, OBJ Clash (14748 Views)

Poll: If you have to choose between IBB and OBJ:

I'll choose IBB: 24% (62 votes)
I'll choose OBJ: 75% (190 votes)
This poll has ended

Presidency Queries Why Yakasaai, Others Did Not Tell GEJ To Probe IBB, OBJ, / IBB, Obj, Abdulsalami Deny Threat To Expose Buhari’s NNPC Scandal / Pictures Of Ibb Obj And Yaradua Taken Secretly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by vislabraye(m): 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2010
They are all birds of the same feathers,
Pot calling a kettle black; Satan claiming to be better than demons. Obasanjo himself was guilty of human right abuse. See what he did to 1004 estate. Privatized everything to his pockets. He wiped out a community under democracy. He should be jailed for war crime, but where is he now?  

He's giving a speech on a graduati0n ceremony in the presence of a well respected pastor. I hope Rev. Adeboye washes his hands off him as soon as possible. This man is unrepentant, i wonder what moral value he has to impact on the young graduates. SHAME.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by truly: 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

It was during his period that people started using saw dust and diesel to cook.very pathetic !
That was under Abacha - during the Nupeng strike
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2010
truly:

No it was introduced during the IBB regime.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Sonofpeace(m): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2010
truly:

it was during IBB regime after the annulment of june 12.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Sonofpeace(m): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2010
if i may ask will anybody in his right senses vote for Obj again, if our constitution is to allow him to contest? I guess the answer is nobody. Then why are some Nlanders blindly trying to convince us to consider electing IBB of all people as our next president come 2011 when we all know that he is worst than the 'condemned Obj' with a slight margin.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2010
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2010
IBB and OBJ I cant see much of a difference.

Both are terrible. No one is better. What is the difference between someone who stole 12b and someone who stole 16b.

OBJ started his own stealing in 1979 with the 2.8b and he graduated to the monster he is today
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Ndipe(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2010
guddsid:

no one beats OBJ in the corruption game , under OBJ's military regime Nigeria had the oil boom and while other countries where enjoying the dividends of their own oil boom , we Nigerians couldn't find a single good thing which OBJ did with the oil money , it was also under OBJ'S military regime that Nigeria totally abandoned our agricultural sector and relied solely on petroleum and finally the excess crude fund scandal in OBJ's democratic regime  ,  i am not saying IBB is a saint and neither am i trying to vindicate him but when  building a house the foundation has to be built first and as far as i am concerned the "foundation" of corruption in Nigeria was built by OBJ and then the shagari regime came in and capitalized on it and finally IBB placed the "building blocks" and "roofed" the building ,  a few years later OBJ came back to "paint" the building  wink , now IBB wants to come back to "renovate " the building .

Agric was abandoned, yet Obj's farm, Otta Farms is reputed to be one of the biggest in West Africa, if not the biggest. To me, both men are one and the same. IBB introduced SAP which led to economic hardship in the country. It would be a shame if that man is elected President of Nigeria.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2010
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by oiseworld: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
[b]TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. THE NORTH CAN NOT SURVIVE WITH OUT LOOTS.

AND THAT'S WHY THEY NEVER WANT TO LET GO OF POWER, NOT EVEN WITH A DEAD PRESIDENT.
[/b]

THEY CAN'T SURVIVE IN A COMPETITIVE NIGERIA
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2010
Ndipe:

Agric was abandoned, yet Obj's farm, Otta Farms is reputed to be one of the biggest in West Africa, if not the biggest. To me, both men are one and the same. IBB introduced SAP which led to economic hardship in the country. It would be a shame if that man is elected President of Nigeria.

gbam !
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
He promulgated the Land USe act to forcefully take land from people and Use it for his own Ota farms
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2010
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2010
The legacies IBB would be remembered for are :
Abacha
SAP
June 12
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 10:51pm On Oct 08, 2010
The legacies OBJ are remembered for are

Unrivalled corruption.
Advent of Militant groups
Political killings en masse
Upsurge in riots
Worst Election
Empowering thugs like Adedibu and Ngige
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by damas11111(m): 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2010
I will always rate OBJ as the worse of the two. In fact the worst president in the history of Nigeria.
OBJ was a civilian president and he was still able to commit all those atrocities he committed. He almost succeeded in manipulating the constitution to continue as a "life president". He levelled a whole community (Odi). His human right record was nothing to write home about as he used the dreaded EFCC to silence the real enemies and perceived ones. He succeeded in supervising the murder of Bola Ige, the then minister of Justice of the federation (now Bola Ige was surely a bigger fish than Dele Giwa) and could not find the killer.

In short there are many reasons to know that IBB remains a lesser evil than OBJ. Had OBJ ruled as a military president (forget his stooge status when he completed Muritala's tenure. He was not ready then and besides he still managed to do some terrible things like killing Funmilayo Ransome Kuti and some students of the then University of Ife ).

I am even too tired to write some of his demonic acts. OBJ & IBB are evil but while OBJ had an opportunity to write his name in gold he instead took Naija backward for 8 years. He is a BAS-TARD.

I  do not like IBB but I hate and loathe OBJ.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2010
Wow. . .you guys should tune to NTA,obj is in Jonathan's entourage to plateau state and people are hailing him. IBB would have been stoned to death by the crowd if he was the one.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2010
damas11111:

I will always rate OBJ as the worse of the two. In fact the worst president in the history of Nigeria.
OBJ was a civilian president and he was still able to commit all those atrocities he committed. He almost succeeded in manipulating the constitution to continue as a "life president". He levelled a whole community (Odi). His human right record was nothing to write home about as he used the dreaded EFCC to silence the real enemies and perceived ones. He succeeded in supervising the murder of Bola Ige, the then minister of Justice of the federation (now Bola Ige was surely a bigger fish than Dele Giwa) and could not find the killer.

In short there are many reasons to know that IBB remains a lesser evil than OBJ. Had OBJ ruled as a military president (forget his stooge status when he completed Muritala's tenure. He was not ready then and besides he still managed to do some terrible things like killing Funmilayo Ransome Kuti and some students of the then University of Ife ).

I am even too tired to write some of his demonic acts. OBJ & IBB are evil but while OBJ had an opportunity to write his name in gold he instead took Naija backward for 8 years. He is a BAS-TARD.

I do not like IBB but I hate and loathe OBJ.

Supported 100%
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Wow. . .you guys should tune to NTA,obj is in Jonathan's entourage to plateau state and people are hailing him. IBB would have been stoned to death by the crowd if he was the one.

How do you know people are hailing OBJ and not Jonathan? How long does it take to get rented crowd? Going by the way people are hailing Alao Akala in his rally, We can assume he is the second coming of Awolowo. Did you see the Atiku rallies in 2007? Saraki even Bafarawa rallies?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2010
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2010
dayokanu:

The legacies OBJ are remembered for are

Unrivalled corruption.
Advent of Militant groups
Political killings en masse
Upsurge in riots
Worst Election
Empowering thugs like Adedibu and Ngige

* can there be any corruption legacy more than[b] ''419''
*militancy have been around since the days of Isaac Boro,denocracy on made them more visible.
*can there be any political intimidation than the proscription of political parties and activities under IBB regime ? Ask NADECO members for further clarification
*can there be any riot than the june 12 riot in the history of nigeria and protest against IBB structural adjustment programme ?
*can there be anything worse than annulling the best election in Nigeria ?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by olafolarin(m): 11:08pm On Oct 08, 2010
They are both senseless and together constituted Nigeria's greatest nightmare.IBB might have lobbied for OBJ's  candidacy but he never made him President.
I hope God wil purnish both o them for destroying Nigeria.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2010
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2010
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
guddsid:

OBJ had the chance of standing in the vacuum which MKO left and he had the chance to show the world what a good Nigerian leader could do he also had the chance of making his people in the south west happy but what did he do ,  the rest is history , IBB made a mistake by annulling the June 12 election but based on the fact that Nigeria has always been "blessed" with bad leaders i really don't think the June 12 elections would have made this nation any better ,   annulment or not , thats just my view though .
The same IBB called obj to a corner,made him enter a pact to protect his interest and the interest of the north.why do you think north dominate obj's regime between 1999-2007 ?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 11:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

* can there be any corruption legacy more than[b] ''419''
*militancy have been around since the days of Isaac Boro,denocracy on made them more visible.
*can there be any political intimidation than the proscription of political parties and activities under IBB regime ? Ask NADECO members for further clarification
*can there be any riot than the june 12 riot in the history of nigeria and protest against IBB structural adjustment programme ?
*can there be anything worse than annulling the best election in Nigeria ?

Has there been any single human who swallowed $16b?

We never heard of kidnapping of expatriate and MEND during any regime apart from OBJ.

NADECO was formed during Abacha Get your facts right.  "The National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) was formed on May 15, 1994 "

Count the number of dead people in June 12 and compare them to those killed in riots during OBJ regime.

FYI Ali Mongo was the begining of riots in Post Independence Nigeria where OBJ supervised the killing of students in ABU Zaria and UNIFE.

Can there be anything worst than conducting the WORST election in the History of Human race?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 08, 2010
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by sexy74(m): 11:39pm On Oct 08, 2010
its  is  very funny   anytime   i   hear   OBJ   speak.   Sincerely   all   he   is   doing   is   trying   to   redeem   his   image   in   the   redeemer   graduation.   He   has   nothing   to   redeem   he   is   just   unwise   to   know   that   he   is   foolish.
IBB   on   the   other   hand   has  lost   it,   including   ideas.  IBB   should   know   that  the   souls   of  innocent   people   that   died  due  to   his  action   will   never  let   him   have   peace   in   this   life   and  the   world   to  come   if   any.
There   is  a   funny  saying  in   my  place   is   that  (  A  man   that   knows   how  to  buy  properties   gives  birth  to  a  child  that  knows   how   to  sell  them)
God  is   very   good   when   it   comes   to  wealth  re-ditribution.   I  am  very  sure  a  day  will  come   they  paupers  will  be  better   than  OBJ  and  IBB  with  their  lineage.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Has there been any single human who swallowed $16b?

We never heard of kidnapping of expatriate and MEND during any regime apart from OBJ.

NADECO was formed during Abacha Get your facts right.  "The National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) was formed on May 15, 1994 "

Count the number of dead people in June 12 and compare them to those killed in riots during OBJ regime.

FYI Ali Mongo was the begining of riots in Post Independence Nigeria where OBJ supervised the killing of students in ABU Zaria and UNIFE.

Can there be anything worst than conducting the WORST election in the History of Human race?
The same people with Abiola during the struggle formed NADECO.soemof them include Anthony Enahoro,Beko Kuti,Late Pa Adesanya and a host of others.
* Militancy has been a long issue affecting the ND since the days of ISAAC BORO.It's just that democracy gave them the freedom to express themselves.The military would have killed them instead.
*the worst riot in Nigeria was during the hope 93 struggle and IBB supervised the clampdown
*most monies alledged to be stolen by obj are traced to his ministers and others yet people keep accussing him.have you forgotten that one of his aide is standing trial for corruption ?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by oiseworld: 11:47pm On Oct 08, 2010
Insert Quote
Gbam ? on what exactly ? take a look at  the poll results ,  OBJ is worse than IBB , IBB introduced SAP and that did a lot of damage agreed but let's not forget the OIL BOOM era ,  if we had a good president we would have been the true "giant of africa" today and probably a top 10 or 20 nation and a world power because we had the oil money and we had a grip on the western world , we all know oil = power (lets not forget during this period our Naira had more value than the dollar) and if we had simultaneously developed the agricultural sector as well as the petroleum sector nations like china , india and probably the u.s.a wouldn't have sh.i.t on us but OBJ abandoned the agricultural sector focused solely on oil and as if that wasn't enough he took a loan from I.M.F back in '79 (the first Nigerian president to do so ) just after he wasted money on festac 77 and then he took all this load of trash right before he left the office there by leaving a lot of B.S behind for shagari to handle (shagari was a sucker also) . you just can't beat OBJ'S record , i know a lot of people here (myself included) hate IBB because of the june 12 B.S but if you take a look at the bigger picture , the true bad guy between the both of them is OBJ.

OBJ , two successful hand overs,
OBJ, commander in the biafra war to save Nigeria.

PLEASE BROTHERS, EVEN IF BABA IS A THIEF, DO NOT COMPARE HIM WITH IBB, THEY ARE JUST NOT MATES PLEASSSE
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2010
guddsid:

So in other words what you are trying to say is that OBJ spent 8 years being a dummy to the northerners ?? if so then that makes his résumé even worse
He infiltrated them,know their worth/weakness and today he's able to demystify the mighty north.can't you see the way he's embarassing them all:from Ty danjuma,to Atiku and now IBB.i wonder if there is anybody that would have been bold enough to stand IBB if there's no OBJ ?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 09, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund / Interesting Things About Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna (Warlord) Of Sokoto / FG To Cut N1.84tn Borrowing Through TSA Recovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.