Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

IBB, OBJ Clash - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB, OBJ Clash (14747 Views)

Poll: If you have to choose between IBB and OBJ:

I'll choose IBB: 24% (62 votes)
I'll choose OBJ: 75% (190 votes)
This poll has ended

Presidency Queries Why Yakasaai, Others Did Not Tell GEJ To Probe IBB, OBJ, / IBB, Obj, Abdulsalami Deny Threat To Expose Buhari’s NNPC Scandal / Pictures Of Ibb Obj And Yaradua Taken Secretly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2010
chosen04:

You have forgotten the impeachment allegation saga and what transpired so soon?

The motion did not die cos of number of senators in support of it. It died cos of the 'CHORUS' of senators from the Yoruba nation.

And what is wrong with that? Would ibos or Hausas have done it differently?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2010
chosen04:

You have forgotten the impeachment allegation saga and what transpired so soon?

The motion did not die cos of number of senators in support of it. It died cos of the 'CHORUS' of senators from the Yoruba nation.

I call BS on this one

You mean all the over 100 senators in the majority stopped the impeachment move because 18 Yoruba senators were against it.

Ridiculous to imagine
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by chosen04(f): 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2010
Aigbofa:

Annulling a free and fair election is not a normal practice anywhere in the world. If only Yorubas and south west media are bothered by it, then something must be wrong with the rest of Nigerians.

Two sides to a coin. . . . . . .

If Gowon's backing out of an agreement reached, signed and sealed during ABURI conference which lead to the civil war did not bother the Yorubas why should annulling ordinary election bother the rest of Nigerians, is it cos a Yoruba is involved?

Aigbofa:

Nzeribe did not have the credibility to move any impeachment against anybody. You cannot use the senate to fight personal battles!

Does a Senator need credibility to service impeachment notice?. So what happens to the credible 20 points impeachable reasons he raised? So cos a Yoruba president was serviced impeachment notice it becomes using senate to fight personal battled

dayokanu:

I call BS on this one

You mean all the over 100 senators in the majority stopped the impeachment move because 18 Yoruba senators were against it.

Ridiculous to imagine

You and I know that every thing about the Nigerian nation is ridiculous including her Politics. So for the issue(s) I raised above to sound ridiculous to imagine to you beats my imaginations.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2010
18 people stopped 100 senators

Are we talking about the movie "300"?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by chosen04(f): 7:13pm On Oct 13, 2010
dayokanu:

18 people stopped 100 senators

Are we talking about the movie "300"?

If only ABACHA can be the presidential aspirant of 5 registered political parties during his march to democracy period. I wonder why you are surprised as attested by your post above.

Nigeria is never an ideal country. Thus, all goes.

Did 9 legistrators not suspended 15 legistrators in a state in Nigeria? Was gov. Joshua Deriye of Plateau not impeached by 5 legistrators out of 22 under OBJ's supervisions?

Stop be(ee)ing surprised cos every thing is possible in Nigeria. And You and I know so.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2010
chosen04:

Two sides to a coin. . . . . . .

If Gowon's backing out of an agreement reached, signed and sealed during ABURI conference which lead to the civil war did not bother the Yorubas why should annulling ordinary election bother the rest of Nigerians, is it cos a Yoruba is involved?

Gowon's backing out of an agreement is equal to someone annulling a mandate freely given by millions of Nigerians of all tribes and creed? The bolded part is very revealing about your objectivity

chosen04:

Does a Senator need credibility to service impeachment notice?. So what happens to the credible 20 points impeachable reasons he raised? So cos a Yoruba president was serviced impeachment notice it becomes using senate to fight personal battled

Yes he does. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. Nzeribe is known to put his own interest above national interests or even above loyalty to his own ethnicity.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by chosen04(f): 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2010
Aigbofa:

Gowon's backing out of an agreement is equal to someone annulling a mandate freely given by millions of Nigerians of all tribes and creed? The bolded part is very revealing about your objectivity

You seem to have forgotten the saying that ''One good turn deserves another'' so soon. . . . . . . . History and Life has a way of settling scores when least expected.

You see nothing wrong in Gowon's backing out of an agreement that lead to 30 months war and massive lost of lives? which affected every tribes and creeds in this nation one way or the other?

The election you are crying foul over has so many abnormalities. What of aspirants who's primary conducted elections were cancelled before Abiola was smuggled in to become SDP's presidential aspirants? Where their votes cast by aliens? Are there not humans?

Elections in Nigeria is an ordinary thing! Non has ever elected the desired or people's voted candidate.

Aigbofa:

Yes he does. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. Nzeribe is known to put his own interest above national interests or even above loyalty to his own ethnicity.

And your Kinsman OBj came with clean hands when the was supervising the impeachment of Gov. Joshua Deriye, Peter Obi etc?

. . . . . . . .I can now understand why Abacha said . . . . . . '' Why does evils done by Yorubas have to be tagged phantom (Phantom coup, phantom stealing, phantom we are never wrong etc)?

I guess its a matter of ''Its wrong when done by others and very fine when done by us''.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by revolt(m): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2010
Well ibb may not be a sai t but people should stop making him look like our worst leader. People even accuse him of killing wen all our leaders have been culpable in that sense. For historians here have you heard of ibbs actions during the civil war. Cmon let's stop being sentimental. Even the supposed renouned awo was more responsible for the death and deliberate impoverishment of over four million people. Yet we forget his bad sides honour him and rever him but ibbs misdeeds must not be forgotten abi. Even fornthe sake of progress. Hypocrisy and conservative mentality is not goon to help us.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by zuala(m): 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2010
We are nt tagging ibb as d worst in history. but let us give ppl with great zeal 2 move d cntry fwd a chance 2 rule
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by cjfavour(m): 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2010
PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THIS. OBJ WAS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE A PRESIDENT IN 1999.REASON: OBJ WAS MARKED TO BE KILLED BY ABACHA.HE WAS TORTURED AND INSTRUCTION GIVING TO KILL HIM WITH A LETHAL DRUG BUT HE WAS SAVED BY NGIGE. FROM PRISON THOSE THAT DID NOT MEAN WELL FOR 9JA MADE HIM A PRESIDENT WITHOUT TESTING HIS MENTAL STATE. 9JA LATER REGETED THAT BY WHAT HE DID FROM 1999 TO 2007 AND HIS ATTEMPTED TO STAY IN POWER TILL 'THY KINGDOM COME'. HE GAVE US A PRESIDENT THAT WAS NOT WELL, SOLD ALL THE COMPANIES ESTABLISHED BY PAST ADMINISTRATORS WITHOUT ESTABLISHING ONE.HE KILLED MANY PEOPLE LIKE BOLA IGE AND CO,.HE BROUGHT THE YORUBAS TO THEIR KNEE;WERE IS AD TODAY?
HE ENTHRONED GOD FATHERS IN 9JA POLITICS AND WITH HIS HELP HIS GOD SON CHRIS UBA BURNT DOWN ALL THE STRICTURES BUILT BY PAST ADMINS IN ANAMBRA AND HE CALLED IT A FAMILY AFFAIR. OBJ DURING HIS MILITARY REGIME STOLE 9JA MONEY AND TOOK IT TO UGANDA DURING IDI AMIN REGIME.WHEN IDI AMIN CAUGHT HIM HE DUMPED THE MONEY AT ENTEBE AIR PORT.
TO ME THE MAN OBJ HAVE A MENTAL PROBLEM WHAT WITH HOW HE TREATED THE PRESS DURING HIS MILITARY REIME, AFTER AND DURING HIS CIVILLIAN RULE. HE IS EVIL.
IBB IS A WORSE TYPE OF EVIL BECAUSE HE CAH EASILY BE IDENTIFY AS AN ENEMY BUT OBJ CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED EASILY.OBJ IS ALWAYS CRACKING JOKES PLAYING AND DOING HIS THING THAT YOU CANNOT BELIEVE THAT HE CAN DO IT BUT IBB,ALWAYS MEAN, AND A SELF ACCLAIMED EVIL GENUIS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Adegboruwa To Buhari: Suspend Arotile's Burial Until Investigation Is Concluded / AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina / Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.