Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,006 members, 7,845,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About (13213 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2019
Janosky:

****King James Bible Luke16:22
And it came to pass, that the beggar died,
and was carried by the angels into
Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died,
and was buried;
** There are burning questions begging for answers....
Luke16:23 ,24
In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham from afar, with Lazarus by his side.
24 So he cried out,
‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and
send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in
water and cool my tongue. For I am in
agony in this fire.’
** Take note of this statement in v23
The rich man "looked up and saw from afar, Lazarus in Abraham's bosom..."
you said that rich man and Lazarus were in the same location , you said "was underneath the earth"
**1 v23,24, where is Abraham ,in hell or heaven?

*2) The angels carried Lazarus "into Abraham's bosom", where is Abraham's bosom, in heaven or hell?

Abraham bosom was underneath the earth and separated by a deep gulf from hell. But there was no torment there and it was a place of rest for spirit of the saints of old. But after Jesus rose from the dead, they were all released and they are now in heaven.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
TruthinAction:

This is the problem with Jehovah witnesses. They ascribe a meaning to a word and insist that that is what it means in all context.

Maybe you need to go back to school and study English. I mean a good school. Words in English can mean different things depending on the context it is used. In one context, it could be a noun. In another, it could be a verb. So, you need to understand the context under which a word is used and the part of speech to know its meaning. Please check your dictionary for confirmation. For the word bosom, look at the different context on online dictionary explains its meaning.

bosom (plural bosoms)

1.(anatomy) The breast or chest of a human (or sometimes of another animal). [from 11thc.] ▼ show
2.The seat of one's inner thoughts, feelings etc.; one's secret feelings; desire. [from 13thc.] ▼ show
3. The protected interior or inner part of something; the area enclosed as by an embrace. [from 15thc.] ▼ show
4. The part of a dress etc. covering the chest; a neckline. ▼ show
5. (in the plural) A woman's breasts. [from 20thc.] ▼ show
6. Any thing or place resembling the breast; a supporting surface; an inner recess; the interior.
7.A depression round the eye of a millstone.

I hope you have learnt an English lesson today. When you go to your study, teach your teacher what you just learned. It might help to address many other false teachings that have been established by this mistake of ascribing one meaning to a word that has multiple usages.
The problem is with you.... You're not helping yourself.
Is English the original language of the holy Bible?
If you translated a book from French to English, what language would determine the real meaning of the words ?
Your honest answer to the questions is the key to unlock any word ,statement or phrases you come across while you read & study the Bible.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 1:08am On Jul 21, 2019
TruthinAction:

Just as what is above is clouds. But we also know that heaven is above.

Pro 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

Hell is not physical grave. It is a place of torment. It is far deeper than a physical grave.

Jesus Christ was tortured in hell ? Psalms 16:10, Acts2:31.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 21, 2019
rottennaija:
What does being a Jehovah Witness entail? And is there a place I can read about them unbiasedly?

Mark Jones, Ex-Jehovah's Witness of 31 years
Answered Jun 5, 2019 on Quora.com

Your first port of call should be JWFacts.com

Many people (me included) wish we’d visited that site before getting involved with the Jehovah’s Witnesses.

People throughout the earth do have brains and they used it to distinguish from right and wrong, appropriate and inappropriate. Hebrews 5:14
No matter what we say about anyone or group of persons, real intellectuals will thoroughly make their own personal investigations before conclusion. Ephesians 5:21
I've noticed your obsession with JWs and it's obvious you've resolved in your heart as to what the organization stands for.
But if you think you're doing this for God or out of envy, try to consider the comment of a first century Jewish teacher named Gamaliel. Act 22:3
He stood up in the midst of a fierce looking group who are bent on destroying the legacy set by another young Jewish teacher.
Gamaliel was highly respected during his time by all his contemporaries, though he also happens to be a member of the Jewish high court opposing Jesus and his followers but his resolve surprised everyone in that assembly!
He said,
"we've seen and heard of different groups formed by one person or another in the past but today, they're nowhere to be found after the demise of their founders. Therefore regarding this matter at hand, let's live these men{Christians} alone and keep watching them {after all their leader is no more}. If this is just one of human schemes, it will sooner or later die naturally but if it's from God then it'll mean that we're actually waging war against our Creator and of course we can never win" Act 5:34-39

You've tried your best to make people see the JWs as a group of criminals or impostors.
If this group is from humans, it will soon disintegrate and the adherents will get tired.
But if it's from God, a hundred billion of your type will never succeed in stopping them (2Chronicles 32:7) so think deeply on this before you destroy yourself out of envy! Genesis 4:6-7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 9:08am On Jul 21, 2019
TATIME:

People throughout the earth do have brains and they used it to distinguish from right and wrong, appropriate and inappropriate. Hebrews 5:14
No [b]matter what we say about anyone or group of persons, real intellectuals will thoroughly make their own personal investigations before conclusion. [/b]Ephesians 5:21
I've noticed your obsession with JWs and it's obvious you've resolved in your heart as to what the organization stands for.
But if you think you're doing this for God or out of envy, try to consider the comment of a first century Jewish teacher named Gamaliel. Act 22:3
He stood up in the midst of a fierce looking group who are bent on destroying the legacy set by another young Jewish teacher.
Gamaliel was highly respected during his time by all his contemporaries, though he also happens to be a member of the Jewish high court opposing Jesus and his followers but his resolve surprised everyone in that assembly!
He said,
"we've seen and heard of different groups formed by one person or another in the past but today, they're nowhere to be found after the demise of their founders. Therefore regarding this matter at hand, let's live these men{Christians} alone and keep watching them {after all their leader is no more}. If this is just one of human schemes, it will sooner or later die naturally but if it's from God then it'll mean that we're actually waging war against our Creator and of course we can never win" Act 5:34-39

[b]You've tried your best to make people see the JWs as a group of criminals or impostors.[\b]
If this group is from humans, it will soon disintegrate and the adherents will get tired.
But if it's from God, a hundred billion of your type will never succeed in stopping them (2Chronicles 32:7) so think deeply on this before you destroy yourself out of envy! Genesis 4:6-7

Of course, people have brains and are intelligent. Before joining any group, it best to have all the information, both the good, the bad and the ugly. The information is good for them to make personal decisions based on convictions. Ask any ex member of this group if they would have joined the group if they had the information they had now, you will hear a serious resounding no. Why them why, and they will tell you that the information presented to them from the organization was only one sided. That has been my experience too.

You said I have tried my best to make people "see this people as a group of criminals or impostors". I believe you mistake my intent, and it's normal for a jw (either deliberately or otherwise) to mistake the intent of anyone who publishes information about them they don't want in the open.

It's also normal for a jw to called anyone who criticism their beliefs or religion a liar, an apostate, an oppose etc without having either reading what has been said or knowing what the person talks about. This is true in may regards as I have experience it many times.

If a jw picks a news paper or any publication and words of praise are made about them, you will hear it from the platform, the Witnesses mouth and even in their publications. By the same token, if the the same paper criticises their beliefs or religious, the same Jws will not even bother to touch the paper with a stick, nor read what it says but will give the paper all sort of names.

Now, TATIME, as yourself, what sort of group or people behave like that? If you have a govt in your country or state that loves praise at every corner but hate criticism (or their internal practices which are questionable brought to the open), what will you think of such a govt? What would you think of such a group?

Even God's people in ancient Israel, whom God called to be his people (not those who claim to be be) where open to criticism, both from within and outside. What do you think the book of the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc are about? I tell you, If the jews were Jehovah's Witnesses today, you wouldn't find those writing if the prophets in the Bible, because they wouldn't allow them to be written.

Also, speaking of obsession and intelligence, it is your religion that has been critical of other religion from time past, in your books, platform, videos etc. Do you think it not obsession?

Speaking of Gamaliel and his resolve, it has been your religion that has been preaching the end of all other religions groups aside from their own. It has been your religion that has been playing the part of the Jewish court who opposes other religious group, they have prophesied with 100% failures the end of other religion in 1919,1925,1945,1975 but those religions are still standing strong. On the other hand, it the witnesses that are suffering from stunted growth.

So, I ask you, with regards to Act 5:34-39, how many groups have been founded that are nowhere to be found today? How many groups have you seen that has undergone tremendous transformation today? How many groups that started the same time with Jws are still around 8m today? Can you carry out a statistical comparison? Can you compare?

If you cannot address these issues dispassionately, may never see anything wrong with your logic or mindset.

Speaking of my intent. I have just a few, spread of information, giving many the chance I never had. (If I knew what I know today, I would never have joined the group.) I post for both people who are inside, those who have seen wrongs inside but cannot understand what's going on and for those who are examining the group.

My post is also for information spread. (In my experience, high control groups like Jws, scienticology, Adventist, Mormon don't like criticism or spread of information about them.) They prefer their members be in the dark so they can accept anything they offer them.

You see, Jws try to console and confirm their bias with the words of Gameliah in the Bible. But they have never for once ask themselves why so many groups have continued till this day. Catholic have been in existence from the 4th century till our day and is still waxing strong. Mormon, Adventist, Methodists and some other groups predates the JWs but are still strong today and will still continue. Have you ever thought why that is so? Maybe you need to analyze different religions, their movements and beginning of such movement and compare them with the words of Gameliah. But of course, as a jw, you will need another excuse for such continued existence.

One last thing, if you medically need of an organ transplant today, would you accept it? Is it scripturally accepted?

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2019
rottennaija:

Of course, people have brains and are intelligent. Before joining any group, it best to have all the information, both the good, the bad and the ugly. The information is good for them to make personal decisions based on convictions. Ask any ex member of this group if they would have joined the group if they had the information they had now, you will hear a serious resounding no. Why them why, and they will tell you that the information presented to them from the organization was only one sided. That has been my experience too.

You said I have tried my best to make people "see this people as a group of criminals or impostors". I believe you mistake my intent, and it's normal for a jw (either deliberately or otherwise) to mistake the intent of anyone who publishes information about them they don't want in the open.

It's also normal for a jw to called anyone who criticism their beliefs or religion a liar, an apostate, an oppose etc without having either reading what has been said or knowing what the person talks about. This is true in may regards as I have experience it many times.

If a jw picks a news paper or any publication and words of praise are made about them, you will hear it from the platform, the Witnesses mouth and even in their publications. By the same token, if the the same paper criticises their beliefs or religious, the same Jws will not even bother to touch the paper with a stick, nor read what it says but will give the paper all sort of names.

Now, TATIME, as yourself, what sort of group or people behave like that? If you have a govt in your country or state that loves praise at every corner but hate criticism (or their internal practices which are questionable brought to the open), what will you think of such a govt? What would you think of such a group?

Even God's people in ancient Israel, whom God called to be his people (not those who claim to be be) where open to criticism, both from within and outside. What do you think the book of the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc are about? I tell you, If the jews were Jehovah's Witnesses today, you wouldn't find those writing if the prophets in the Bible, because they wouldn't allow them to be written.

Also, speaking of obsession and intelligence, it is your religion that has been critical of other religion from time past, in your books, platform, videos etc. Do you think it not obsession?

Speaking of Gamaliel and his resolve, it has been your religion that has been preaching the end of all other religions groups aside from their own. It has been your religion that has been playing the part of the Jewish court who opposes other religious group, they have prophesied with 100% failures the end of other religion in 1919,1925,1945,1975 but those religions are still standing strong. On the other hand, it the witnesses that are suffering from stunted growth.

So, I ask you, with regards to Act 5:34-39, how many groups have been founded that are nowhere to be found today? How many groups have you seen that has undergone tremendous transformation today? How many groups that started the same time with Jws are still around 8m today? Can you carry out a statistical comparison? Can you compare?

If you cannot address these issues dispassionately, may never see anything wrong with your logic or mindset.

Speaking of my intent. I have just a few, spread of information, giving many the chance I never had. (If I knew what I know today, I would never have joined the group.) I post for both people who are inside, those who have seen wrongs inside but cannot understand what's going on and for those who are examining the group.

My post is also for information spread. (In my experience, high control groups like Jws, scienticology, Adventist, Mormon don't like criticism or spread of information about them.) They prefer their members be in the dark so they can accept anything they offer them.

You see, Jws try to console and confirm their bias with the words of Gameliah in the Bible. But they have never for once ask themselves why so many groups have continued till this day. Catholic have been in existence from the 4th century till our day and is still waxing strong. Mormon, Adventist, Methodists and some other groups predates the JWs but are still strong today and will still continue. Have you ever thought why that is so? Maybe you need to analyze different religions, their movements and beginning of such movement and compare them with the words of Gameliah. But of course, as a jw, you will need another excuse for such continued existence.

One last thing, if you medically need of an organ transplant today, would you accept it? Is it scripturally accepted?
Criticism or Accusation only makes sense when the accuser is RECOGNISED!

Jesus accused the religious sects of his day but since his face is not known, the offended sects formed alliance and got him killed. After his demise, they thought it's over only to discover that Jesus has planted an invincible group which surfaced at Pentecost! So even if what Jesus was saying seems impossible before all those sects, their doubts disappeared when the Christians began doing exactly what they killed Jesus for.

Let the accusers of the JW organization form one visible group so that everyone can SEE that their criticism is justified as they're totally free from the same accusations levelled against the JWs! Matthew 5:14-16
But if it's just based on the seemingly strange doctrines of the JWs, then such accusations is of no substance because all of them aren't united in thoughts so they should simply assume that the JWs is just another religious group with a new doctrine that all of them have been hypocritically welcoming ever since in the name of new denomination!

But singling the JWs out and accusing them for heresy reminds me of what Jesus experienced in the first century, his teachings (even though he quoted the scriptures to support it) were TOTALLY strange to the people but it's simple and clear. At a point majority of his followers left him because they can't bear his teachings no more but those who have trusted this young teacher stood immovably by his side! John 6:60-69

So i think you're doing a great job with your explanation so far, because the organization wants those that will be fully dedicated to their teachings whether they fully grasp everything now or not! All what an interested person need to observe is a better performing group than the JWs, that's all! 1Peter 2:12, 3:15
Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2019
TATIME:

Criticism or Accusation only makes sense when the accuser is RECOGNISED!

Jesus accused the religious sects of his day but since his face is not known, the offended sects formed alliance and got him killed. After his demise, they thought it's over only to discover that Jesus has planted an invincible group which surfaced at Pentecost! So even if what Jesus was saying seems impossible before all those sects, their doubts disappeared when the Christians began doing exactly what they killed Jesus for.

Let the accusers of the JW organization form one visible group so that everyone can SEE that their criticism is justified as they're totally free from the same accusations levelled against the JWs! Matthew 5:14-16
But if it's just based on the seemingly strange doctrines of the JWs, then such accusations is of no substance because all of them aren't united in thoughts so they should simply assume that the JWs is just another religious group with a new doctrine that all of them have been hypocritically welcoming ever since in the name of new denomination!

But singling the JWs out and accusing them for heresy reminds me of what Jesus experienced in the first century, his teachings (even though he quoted the scriptures to support it) were TOTALLY strange to the people but it's simple and clear. At a point majority of his followers left him because they can't bear his teachings no more but those who have trusted this young teacher stood immovably by his side! John 6:60-69

So i think you're doing a great job with your explanation so far, because the organization wants those that will be fully dedicated to their teachings whether they fully grasp everything now or not! All what an interested person need to observe is a better performing group than the JWs, that's all! 1Peter 2:12, 3:15
Thanks!

Aside that you have shifted argument and have not addressed any of the issues I raised, have you noticed the irony in your last 2 paragraph?

The very teaching that cause many to leave Jesus is the very teaching which Jws reject today. What an Irony. Have you eaten the flesh and drink the blood of the son of man?

3 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
rottennaija:

Aside that you have shifted ARGUMENT and have not addressed any of the issues I raised, have you noticed the irony in your last 2 paragraph?

The very teaching that cause many to leave Jesus is the very teaching which Jws reject today. What an Irony. Have you eaten the flesh and drink the blood of the son of man?

You need to take note of one important fact.
True Christians aren't interested in ARGUMENTS! Titus 3:9
Whether Jesus teachings is upheld or rejected will remain a subject to argue as long as Satan is still very much around causing confusion.
The only way to understand what is happening right now is carefully examining the attitude and outcome of the teachings of any religious group. Jesus Himself said "by their fruit you will recognise them". Matthew 7:15-20
Therefore it is not easy if you're contemplating on words and familiarity of teachings,Satan is a genius really crafty in deception, while someone is on the wrong he/she will be quoting the scriptures thinking he/she is right since the words are fitting.
But it's the result of such teaching that will reveal how erroneous such teaching is NOT just the words now!
That's why i tried to remind you of what happened during the first century.
Jesus' teaching sounds strange even to John's disciples! Luke 5:33-35

So intellectuals won't focus on the unfamiliar teachings rather what they'll concentrate on is the RESULT Jesus promised! Matthew 5:14-16, John 13:34-35, 17:20-23

It's extremely difficult for Satan to make all these work out amongst faithless people, because it's the work of God's holy spirit which Satan is totally against!
I'm not interested in arguments, i just feel like giving some advice! 1Timothy 6:4

But if you feel you're doing something worthwhile it's OK please keep it up! Revelations 22:11
Thanks!
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2019
TATIME:

Whether Jesus teachings is upheld or rejected will remain a subject to argue as long as Satan is still very much around causing confusion.

The only way to understand what is happening right now is carefully examining the attitude and outcome of the teachings of any religious group. Jesus Himself said "by their fruit you will recognise them". Matthew 7:15-20

Therefore it is not easy if you're contemplating on words and familiarity of teachings,Satan is a genius really crafty in deception, while someone is on the wrong he/she will be quoting the scriptures thinking he/she is right since the words are fitting.

But it's the result of such teaching that will reveal how erroneous such teaching is NOT just the words now!

So intellectuals won't focus on the unfamiliar teachings rather what they'll concentrate on is the RESULT Jesus promised! Matthew 5:14-16, John 13:34-35, 17:20-23

It's extremely difficult for Satan to make all these work out amongst faithless people, because it's the work of God's holy spirit which Satan is totally against!
I'm not interested in arguments, i just feel like giving some advice! 1Timothy 6:4

But if you feel you're doing something worthwhile it's OK please keep it up! Revelations 22:11
Thanks!

But isn't it incoherent that you mentioned that you are not interested in arguments, yet you also intimate that 'whether Jesus teaching is upheld or rejected will remain a subject to argue as long as Satan is very much around causing confusion.'

Be enlightened that arguments doesn't really need to have that negative meaning you attach to it or have in mind. Any point you are trying to make, the resources you put into it, the ideas you propose, the evidence you present, these are arguments. ( your post I am responding to is an argument)

For an intelligent creature like you, if you leave instructions for your children or household, do you expect them to present excuses why they would not carry out your instructions?

Was King Saul not warned "obedience is better than sacrifice, to pay attention than fats of ram"? Did Jesus not say "teach them to observe all that I have commanded you"?

Let me tell you a secret, you know Satan's strategy very well. You can see it in other, but have you ever ask yourself, has Satan entered my heart? Is he deceiving me? Am I idolising men instead of God?

Prayerfully respond to this important question, "if the governing body ask us, Jws to take the emblem of the memorial of Jesus death", will I take it? The answer to the said question will help you have clarity where your loyalty truly lies, to men or Christ? It will also reveal if you are an idolater or not.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2019
TATIME:

Thanks!

Speaking of Satan's craftiness, don't you admire how good he is in it that you value the words of imperfect, inspire men over the words of Jehovah and Jesus written in the scriptures?

Have you not seen how easy for to twist the Bible, excuse, deflect and give all the reasons in the world why you wouldn't obey a very simple command to eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus.

Obedience is very easy, and the reasons given for obedience is also simple. I obeyed because he commanded. Excuses for disobedience are many and complex. And you can make up, link up and read all the scriptures in this world just to justify the act of disobedience.

8 men is the very reason you don't obey God and Christ. Those 8 men if they decide you should obey Jesus, you will without asking questions. Those 8 men have you loyalty more than God or Christ ever could.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2019
rottennaija:

But isn't it incoherent that you mentioned that you are not interested in arguments, yet you also intimate that 'whether Jesus teaching is upheld or rejected will remain a subject to argue as long as Satan is very much around causing confusion.'

Be enlightened that arguments doesn't really need to have that negative meaning you attach to it or have in mind. Any point you are trying to make, the resources you put into it, the ideas you propose, the evidence you present, these are arguments. ( your post I am responding to is an argument)

For an intelligent creature like you, if you leave instructions for your children or household, do you expect them to present excuses why they would not carry out your instructions?

Was King Saul not warned "obedience is better than sacrifice, to pay attention than fats of ram"? Did Jesus not say "teach them to observe all that I have commanded you"?

Let me tell you a secret, you know Satan's strategy very well. You can see it in other, but have you ever ask yourself, has Satan entered my heart? Is he deceiving me? Am I idolising men instead of God?

Prayerfully respond to this important question, "if the governing body ask us, Jws to take the emblem of the memorial of Jesus death", will I take it? The answer to the said question will help you have clarity where your loyalty truly lies, to men or Christ? It will also reveal if you are an idolater or not.

There's a huge difference between an argument and a discussion.
Each religious group are organized for a purpose, NO group is organized for arguing to convince the other group as a whole to leave what they believe and join them. Each individual will choose which group makes the best presentation that's convincing enough to make him/her reason along with them!

It's impossible to see a whole group of people totally switch over to another group when they also have their own religious teachings. If you've made your presentation, all you wait for is those touched by your presentation. They may agree with you now some may later agree and many may never see reasons with you.
All you need to do is present and allow people to choose, let them see the clear difference between the fake and the original, and benefits of what you're presenting. We are all human, no human will see what's beneficial and turn away!

So which group are you presenting that's better in performance as Christians than Jehovah's Witnesses?

The teachings or doctrines could simply be likened to Theories, and the activities of the church is their Practical Application but it's the Benefits SEEN that will attract interested persons!
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2019
TATIME:

There's a huge difference between an argument and a discussion.
Each religious group are organized for a purpose, NO group is organized for arguing to convince the other group as a whole to leave what they believe and join them. Each individual will choose which group makes the best presentation that's convincing enough to make him/her reason along with them!

It's impossible to see a whole group of people totally switch over to another group when they also have their own religious teachings. If you've made your presentation, all you wait for is those touched by your presentation. They may agree with you now some may later agree and many may never see reasons with you.
All you need to do is present and allow people to choose, let them see the clear difference between the fake and the original, and benefits of what you're presenting. We are all human, no human will see what's beneficial and turn away!

So which group are you presenting that's better in performance as Christians than Jehovah's Witnesses?

The teachings or doctrines could simply be likened to Theories, and the activities of the church is their Practical Application but it's the Benefits SEEN that will attract interested persons!

I pray you prayerfully consider
rottennaija:

For an intelligent creature, if you leave instructions for your children or household, do you expect them to present excuses why they would not carry out your instructions?

It can mean your life. Not just yours, but those of your family and people you talk with.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
rottennaija:

I pray you prayerfully consider

It can mean your life. Not just yours, but those of your family and people you talk with.

Every believer prays!
I think it's the motivation from the heart that matters most after your meaningful presentation! Matthew 10:13
The wisdom and words of consolation will catch the sincere ones alive! Luke 5:10
The true sheep of Jesus will notice the truth in your message and take action! John 10:3,27
Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2019
TruthinAction:

Just as what is above is clouds. But we also know that heaven is above.

Pro 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

Hell is not physical grave. It is a place of torment. It is far deeper than a physical grave.

What is beneath the dry land is WATER . grin .. Don't you read your Bible ?

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2019
TATIME:

Every believer prays!
I think it's the motivation from the heart that matters most after your meaningful presentation! Matthew 10:13
The wisdom and words of consolation will catch the sincere ones alive! Luke 5:10
The true sheep of Jesus will notice the truth in your message and take action! John 10:3,27
Thanks!

Shalom
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2019
TruthinAction:

This is the problem with Jehovah witnesses. They ascribe a meaning to a word and insist that that is what it means in all context.

Maybe you need to go back to school and study English. I mean a good school. Words in English can mean different things depending on the context it is used. In one context, it could be a noun. In another, it could be a verb. So, you need to understand the context under which a word is used and the part of speech to know its meaning. Please check your dictionary for confirmation. For the word bosom, look at the different context on online dictionary explains its meaning.

bosom (plural bosoms)

1.(anatomy) The breast or chest of a human (or sometimes of another animal). [from 11thc.] ▼ show
2.The seat of one's inner thoughts, feelings etc.; one's secret feelings; desire. [from 13thc.] ▼ show
3. The protected interior or inner part of something; the area enclosed as by an embrace. [from 15thc.] ▼ show
4. The part of a dress etc. covering the chest; a neckline. ▼ show
5. (in the plural) A woman's breasts. [from 20thc.] ▼ show
6. Any thing or place resembling the breast; a supporting surface; an inner recess; the interior.
7.A depression round the eye of a millstone.

I hope you have learnt an English lesson today. When you go to your study, teach your teacher what you just learned. It might help to address many other false teachings that have been established by this mistake of ascribing one meaning to a word that has multiple usages.

So Bosom as used in that story refers to which ? Yeye dey smell o

Okay, add this: I remember it was angels that carried Lazarus Corpse in that story, it wasn't buried, My question is: If this story truly represent what happen after death, Why are angels not carrying corpses today ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2019
rottennaija:
Shalom
You've only spoken against the seemingly falsehood in the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses, you haven't present a better group that could be examined for scrutiny in order to know the truth!
There are thousands of religious groups claiming Christians around the world, but it's only this one you've singled out whereas all of them aren't in agreement!
Well we all have different mindsets, this may seem enough to convince someone that a religious group is wrong, but as far as i'm concerned what really matters is if you're able to present a better option than what you expect me to forgo!
Peace and Love!
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2019
Jozzy4:

So Bosom as used in that story refers to which ? Yeye dey smell o

Okay, add this: I remember it was angels that carried Lazarus Corpse in that story, it wasn't buried, My question is: If this story truly represent what happen after death, Why are angels not carrying corpses today ?

Angel carried his soul and not his body. Angels don't bury physical bodies.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2019
Jozzy4:

What is beneath the dry land is WATER . grin .. Don't you read your Bible ?

Hell is a spiritual kingdom under the earth and it's very real. Just as the heaven is above, you can't get to heaven by rocket or aeroplane. So hell is not a physical environment. However, the location is in the depth of the earth. Only departed lost souls go there.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2019
TruthinAction:

Please according to the Bible Jesus also died, buried and was in the tomb for three consecutive days.
*Where did those angels keep his soul?
*Some people argued that Jesus went and preached to the souls in hell, please is this true?
*If it's true that Jesus actually went down to preach to souls in hell, definitely his soul must be there as well. So what happens then? Did the angels return all those souls to hell? Will those souls be taken back to where they were kept before Jesus went to hell? Where are those souls presently? Is Abraham also part of those souls or his own soul got automatic ticket to the place where souls are kept? How wide is Abraham's bosom? Can it accommodate all the souls of all righteous people that ever lived?
All these questions have been answered by the JWs in their teachings, so let's keep the teachings of JWs aside for a moment and hear your own to compare and contrast!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2019
TruthinAction:

Abraham bosom was underneath the earth and separated by a deep gulf from hell. But there was no torment there and it was a place of rest for spirit of the saints of old. But after Jesus rose from the dead, they were all released and they are now in heaven.

**Eccl9:10 New Living Translation
"Whatever you do, do well. For when you go
to the grave, there will be no work or
planning or knowledge or wisdom."
Psalm 104:29
"When You hide Your face, they panic; when
You take away their breath, they die and
return to dust."

** God says the dead return to the dust ,and Adam the first man to pay for his sins, returned to the dust (grave, Gen3:19),
how come you're claiming that Lazarus and the rich man went to different places "underneath the earth"?

(So, grave dey get luxury suite (Abraham bosom) and economy room (rich man's hell) underneath the earth?)
Oturugbeke !!!!

**Acts24:15, New Living Translation
" I have the same hope in God that these men
have, that he will raise both the righteous
and the unrighteous."

My questions...
1) Since rich man is suffering torture in hell, God will raise the unrighteous to where?

**2) Why would God raise the unrighteous whom he kept in a place of torture?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:37pm On Jul 21, 2019
TruthinAction:

Hell is a spiritual kingdom under the earth and it's very real. Just as the heaven is above, you can't get to heaven by rocket or aeroplane. So hell is not a physical environment. However, the location is in the depth of the earth. Only departed lost souls go there.

So how come the rich man has a fleshly tongue that can taste water ? Is the tongue and water not physical ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:43pm On Jul 21, 2019
TruthinAction:

The question you should have asked before making up stories is: While the rich man was said to be buried , What happened to Lazarus Body ... Buried or carried off by angels ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2019
rottennaija:

Speaking of Satan's craftiness, don't you admire how good he is in it that you value the words of imperfect, inspire men over the words of Jehovah and Jesus written in the scriptures?

Have you not seen how easy for to twist the Bible, excuse, deflect and give all the reasons in the world why you wouldn't obey a very simple command to eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus.

Obedience is very easy, and the reasons given for obedience is also simple. I obeyed because he commanded. Excuses for disobedience are many and complex. And you can make up, link up and read all the scriptures in this world just to justify the act of disobedience.

8 men is the very reason you don't obey God and Christ. Those 8 men if they decide you should obey Jesus, you will without asking questions. Those 8 men have you loyalty more than God or Christ ever could.

Here is the text :

" So Jesus said to them: Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU HAVE NO LIFE IN YOURSELVES , WHOEVER feeds on my flesh and drink my blood has everlasting life " John 6:53,54

Did John the Baptist Eat Jesus flesh and drink his blood ? Would he have everlasting life ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 22, 2019
When people think, they often assume others don't think as well so they concluded those sticking to a form of routine doesn't think at all.

I keep imagining how this type of teaching would have convinced me to become a churchgoer if i was not born in the Churches of Christendom! undecided

Because people die and are buried and the Church teaches that He'll is a place where people are tormented so for a churchgoer to correlate death with Hell he will say hell is not physical it is spiritual!
OK let's assume that hell is spiritual, and so it's not where dead bodies are kept but their souls. Jesus resurrected Lazarus body and soul from the grave, please did his soul/spirit came back to reunite with the body? John 11:1-57
Jesus spoke of Lazarus and the rich man. JWs teaches that it was an illustration/parable but churchgoers are insisting it was a real event, so let's assume it was real.
Is it that same Lazarus? if not where exactly did both this second Lazarus and the nameless rich man lived?
Jesus said Lazarus was at the gate and at the same time he was eating the crumbs falling from the rich man's table, so where exactly does Lazarus usually sit, in the rich man's parlor close to the dining or at the gates?
Lazarus was also full of sours and dogs usually come to lick the sours, so is it beside the rich man's dining that those dogs are doing that or at the gates?
Can anyone savor his meals comfortably and conveniently at the sight of a man full of sours while dogs are licking the sours?
OK let's leave all that.
Jesus said both Lazarus and the rich man died and buried, then Lazarus was carried by angels to Abraham's bosom but the rich man is in hell and tormented. So it's clear that one was buried while the other was carried to Abraham's bosom. Where exactly is Abraham's bosom, heaven or hell? Is Abraham also in heaven or hell?
OK let go back to the other theory that it's their souls NOT physical body that was talking from hell to Abraham's bosom. So do souls have tongues to taste or drink water?
OK Abraham also spoke in the story, what's the great gulf that separates hell and Abraham's bosom so that Lazarus can't give his former neighbour/enemy water to drink?
OK the rich man also begged that Lazarus go and talk to his brothers from his father's house, so if the dead are not allowed to communicate with the living and Abraham insisted that Moses and other prophets are to do that, was Moses still alive during all of these? how many prophets lived as a contemporary of Moses so that Abraham could say such?

It's easy to start fabricating stories to explain what we dearly want to prove but in the face of thorough scrutiny, one who has not been given divine wisdom to interpret sacred secrets will be made manifest! embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 7:59am On Jul 22, 2019
TATIME:
When people think, they often assume others don't think as well so they concluded those sticking to a form of routine doesn't think at all.

I keep imagining how this type of teaching would have convinced me to become a churchgoer if i was not born in the Churches of Christendom! undecided

Because people die and are buried and the Church teaches that He'll is a place where people are tormented so for a churchgoer to correlate death with Hell he will say hell is not physical it is spiritual!
OK let's assume that hell is spiritual, and so it's not where dead bodies are kept but their souls. Jesus resurrected Lazarus body and soul from the grave, please did his soul/spirit came back to reunite with the body? John 11:1-57
Jesus spoke of Lazarus and the rich man. JWs teaches that it was an illustration/parable but churchgoers are insisting it was a real event, so let's assume it was real.
Is it that same Lazarus? if not where exactly did both this second Lazarus and the nameless rich man lived?
Jesus said Lazarus was at the gate and at the same time he was eating the crumbs falling from the rich man's table, so where exactly does Lazarus usually sit, in the rich man's parlor close to the dining or at the gates?
Lazarus was also full of sours and dogs usually come to lick the sours, so is it beside the rich man's dining that those dogs are doing that or at the gates?
Can anyone savor his meals comfortably and conveniently at the sight of a man full of sours while dogs are licking the sours?
OK let's leave all that.
Jesus said both Lazarus and the rich man died and buried, then Lazarus was carried by angels to Abraham's bosom but the rich man is in hell and tormented. So it's clear that one was buried while the other was carried to Abraham's bosom. Where exactly is Abraham's bosom, heaven or hell? Is Abraham also in heaven or hell?
OK let go back to the other theory that it's their souls NOT physical body that was talking from hell to Abraham's bosom. So do souls have tongues to taste or drink water?
OK Abraham also spoke in the story, what's the great gulf that separates hell and Abraham's bosom so that Lazarus can't give his former neighbour/enemy water to drink?
OK the rich man also begged that Lazarus go and talk to his brothers from his father's house, so if the dead are not allowed to communicate with the living and Abraham insisted that Moses and other prophets are to do that, was Moses still alive during all of these? how many prophets lived as a contemporary of Moses so that Abraham could say such?

It's easy to start fabricating stories to explain what we dearly want to prove but in the face of thorough scrutiny, one who has not been given divine wisdom to interpret sacred secrets will be made manifest! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Scrutinize that story and watch them lookin at you like Dummy .
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:23am On Jul 22, 2019
Jozzy4:

The question you should have asked before making up stories is: While the rich man was said to be buried , What happened to Lazarus Body ... Buried or carried off by angels ?

Of course, he was buried. You don't expect to get details on every single thing that must have transpired. It's like asking, did people also cried when he died. There are basic knowledge of what everyone should know. The narrator assumes that we all know he was buried but his soul was carried by Angels into Abraham's bosom.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:25am On Jul 22, 2019
Jozzy4:

So how come the rich man has a fleshly tongue that can taste water ? Is the tongue and water not physical ?

The soul can also smell and feel. Hence Jesus said they will be weeping and gnashing their teeth night and day.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:31am On Jul 22, 2019
Janosky:

**Eccl9:10 New Living Translation
"Whatever you do, do well. For when you go
to the grave, there will be no work or
planning or knowledge or wisdom."
Psalm 104:29
"When You hide Your face, they panic; when
You take away their breath, they die and
return to dust."

** God says the dead return to the dust ,and Adam the first man to pay for his sins, returned to the dust (grave, Gen3:19),
how come you're claiming that Lazarus and the rich man went to different places "underneath the earth"?

(So, grave dey get luxury suite (Abraham bosom) and economy room (rich man's hell) underneath the earth?)
Oturugbeke !!!!

**Acts24:15, New Living Translation
" I have the same hope in God that these men
have, that he will raise both the righteous
and the unrighteous."

My questions...
1) Since rich man is suffering torture in hell, God will raise the unrighteous to where?

**2) Why would God raise the unrighteous whom he kept in a place of torture?

The body returns to dust but the lost souls go to hell. The spirit of those saved go to heaven.

Both the righteous and the unrighteous will be raised for final judgment. Hell is like a cell awaiting final judgment. After the final judgment, they will be thrown into the Lake of fire which is worse than hell. Hell itself will be thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:14-15
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:38am On Jul 22, 2019
TATIME:

Please according to the Bible Jesus also died, buried and was in the tomb for three consecutive days.
*Where did those angels keep his soul?
*Some people argued that Jesus went and preached to the souls in hell, please is this true?
*If it's true that Jesus actually went down to preach to souls in hell, definitely his soul must be there as well. So what happens then? Did the angels return all those souls to hell? Will those souls be taken back to where they were kept before Jesus went to hell? Where are those souls presently? Is Abraham also part of those souls or his own soul got automatic ticket to the place where souls are kept? How wide is Abraham's bosom? Can it accommodate all the souls of all righteous people that ever lived?
All these questions have been answered by the JWs in their teachings, so let's keep the teachings of JWs aside for a moment and hear your own to compare and contrast!

Jesus went to hell and suffered torture temporary by demons for three days on account of our sins. But on the third day, he was released by his captors who he later held captive and collected the keys to hell and death from Satan.

Before he rose, he went to proclaim deliverance to the saints in Abraham's bosom. This is the preaching he did. They are now free and qualified to go to heaven. So, when Jesus rose, their graves were opened and all the saints in Abraham's bosom came out. They ascended to heaven together with Jesus.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 22, 2019
TruthinAction:

Jesus went to hell and suffered torture temporary by demons for three days on account of our sins. But on the third day, he was released by his captors who he later held captive and collected the keys to hell and death from Satan.

Before he rose, he went to proclaim deliverance to the saints in Abraham's bosom. This is the preaching he did. They are now free and qualified to go to heaven. So, when Jesus rose, their graves were opened and all the saints in Abraham's bosom came out. They ascended to heaven together with Jesus.

For what purpose exactly did Jesus (born without sin) have to die?
Is his death not enough to redeem humans?

Before Jesus died after all the persecution he said "it is finished" John 19:30
Now you're saying after his death, he went to hell (to be tormented for our sins AGAIN) after saying "it is finished" so what exactly did Jesus meant by saying "it is finished" if it hasn't finish as you're now saying?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:58am On Jul 22, 2019
TruthinAction:

The soul can also smell and feel. Hence Jesus said they will be weeping and gnashing their teeth night and day.

Teeth is a bone, I thought spirit don't have bones ?

Tongue is a flesh, I thought spirit don't have flesh ?

Correct me, Is the water not physical water ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist / Why Do We Humans Die, Why Cant We Live Forever / How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.