Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About (13200 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 3:03am On Jul 31, 2019
TruthinAction:

The Lake of fire is under the earth and the physical world and the spiritual world sometimes can be experienced at the same time. That was why John who wrote the book of Revelation was able to see things in the realm of the spirit even in his physical body.

This also explains why one can sit down and your spirit eyes are opened to see things others could not see.

The gate to hell is on the surface of the earth but it's not visible to the physical eyes. But when the time comes, those to thrown in will enter through one of the gates.

That they were thrown in physically is not the issue. Both their bodies and souls perish in the fire. The body will burn off but the soul will still be alive to suffer the torment.

Which means this human called beast will never die but STAY FOREVER ALIVE ?

When did the gift of Everlasting life ( forever alive ) become something given to wrong doers ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

Which means this human called beast will never die but STAY FOREVER ALIVE ?

When did the gift of Everlasting life ( forever alive ) become something given to wrong doers ?

Yes he will stay alive in everlasting punishment. And Jesus said that several times.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into EVERLASTING punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 13:41 -42
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; note

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT FOR EVER AND EVER.

These are just a few references from the many warnings given in the Scripture. It's left for you to believe or reject it. I didn't write them and there is no ambiguity in the interpretation. The English used is very clear.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by paulGrundy(m): 9:45am On Jul 31, 2019
am not suprised! telling lies and misrepresentation of comments is not new to you.
i have this quote for you @Jozzy4

John 8:44 King James Version (KJV)
44 Ye are of your father the devil and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

cc; rottenaija, TruthinAction
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 9:46am On Jul 31, 2019
TruthinAction:

Yes he will stay alive in everlasting punishment . And Jesus said that several times.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into EVERLASTING punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 13:41 -42
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; note

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT FOR EVER AND EVER.

These are just a few references from the many warnings given in the Scripture. It's left for you to believe or reject it. I didn't write them and there is no ambiguity in the interpretation. The English used is very clear.

So an human being can live forever without dying ? ?

Tell me the whole Genesis Adam sin is an Hoax ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:47am On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

In short , Jesus is not the Savior of the world but only those of his time ?

You are highly inconsistent, According to the verse Even the cities are suffering the punishment of Everlasting fire, Is this a Lie ? So tell us how ?

Note: whatever applies to the city , applied to its inhabitants, don't separate.

This is simple English. It means the inhabitants of the cities around them who commit fornication. Those an inanimate object commit fornication?

It's just like when a news reporter says the order is from Aso Rock. It is not referring to any physical rock but the office of the presidency.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 9:48am On Jul 31, 2019
paulGrundy:
am not suprised! telling lies and misrepresentation of comments is not new to you.
i have this quote for you @Jozzy4

John 8:44 King James Version (KJV)
44[size=16pt]Ye are of your father the devil[/size], and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

cc;

Impostor, Apply it to yourself . the actual paulgrundy knew what he wrote and would recognize it immediately, for you to ask for reference, you are an impostor, a liar like you quoted.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 9:50am On Jul 31, 2019
TruthinAction:

This is simple English. It means the inhabitants of the cities around them who commit fornication. Those an inanimate object commit fornication?

It's just like when a news reporter says the order is from Aso Rock. It is not referring to any physical rock but the office of the presidency.

Your knowledge is low, that applies to the physical cities as well, Read Genesis 19:28,29 and come back . so are the physical cities still burning forever ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

Will Grave and death suffer torment ? Rev 20:14

That word is not grave but hell. Hell and death will be destroyed. They are the spiritual prisons that held the lost souls. They will be utterly destroyed. They will no longer exist because they have fulfilled their purpose. The inmates are now in a bigger fire.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by paulGrundy(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

Impostor, Apply it to yourself . the actual paulgrundy knew what he wrote and would recognize it immediately, for you to ask for reference, you are an impostor, a liar like you quoted.

you didnt put the reference because neither me nor paul Grundy made that comment. you simply made it up.

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2019
TruthinAction:

That word is not grave but hell. Hell and death will be destroyed. They are the spiritual prisons that held the lost souls. They will be utterly destroyed. They will no longer exist because they have fulfilled their purpose. The inmates are now in a bigger fire.

Does been thrown into lake of fire now means No longer existing ?

Cc : maximus69
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 10:07am On Jul 31, 2019
paulGrundy:

you didnt put the reference because neither me nor paul Grundy made that comment. you simply made it up.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin U mean it ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

You ended up saying nothing. Since he said having faith in Jesus isn't enough, his statement at John 6 includes Eating emblems

Does John 6 statement of Jesus on eating His flesh and drinking his blood a reference to Emblems as claimed by rottennaija and Paulgrundy ?

Yes. A resounding yes.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:13am On Jul 31, 2019
rottennaija:

Yes. A resounding yes.

You are not serious

Go back and respond to the last post i made to you.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2019
paulGrundy:

You see your life, rottennaija came online and didn't address this your rubbish claim, when he himself knew where he copied his gibberish from . Nonsense
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 11:50am On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

You see your life, rottennaija came online and didn't address this your rubbish claim, when he himself knew where he copied his gibberish from . Nonsense

I think you are incoherent. Which gibberish claim and copied from where? And which nonsense? Can you be more forth coming in your writeup? What is really the dissatisfaction and what do you want me to agree to?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 11:51am On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

You are not serious

Go back and respond to the last post i made to you.

Refer me to it. And I am serious, probably not the way you would like it.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2019
rottennaija:

Refer me to it. And I am serious, probably not the way you would like it.

If you were really serious, you would have find the post . nonsense
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2019
rottennaija:

I think you are incoherent. Which gibberish claim and copied from where? And which nonsense? Can you be more forth coming in your writeup? What is really the dissatisfaction and what do you want me to agree to?

Guy, Number 1 , go and respond to the pending post .

Number 2, if you are really okay you would have seen where a fake Nairaland paulgrundy made a claim that a post I ascribed to paulgrundy is false . He mentioned you to join him in his ignorance, But I know u can't ever call it false because you swallowed your literal emblem eating jargons from the real paulgrundy.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CAPTIVATOR: 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:
Let me repeat the Fact that 1. You haven't gave a valid reason why those who lived in the past never ate this bread and wine IF its essential for everlasting life . your time difference theory only QUESTION the validity of Jesus claim to be the second Adam that gives eternal life, if his coming ONLY Affect people of his era .

2. You again, haven't respond soundly to the fact that despite Jesus institute the Memorial, we Stoll find a Man that same day who gained Life promise from Jesus without eating bread and wine , Your Exception theory contradict Jesus statmenent that " UNLESS YOU Eat " . who are the YOU ? How then can the man be an exception ? Is Jesus lying ?

3. You again failed to respond to @Jessicha's point that during the 1000 years of Christ reign, some unrighteous people would turn to doing good and gain Life, Did they ate the bread and wine ? No .

Now My focus is the below .

If it result to death and sickness , How then can you reconcile it with the below ?

48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever.

What Jesus OFFER doesn't LEAD to Death.

To address the they ate it unworthy : Don't forget that Jesus contrasted this flesh of his with Manna . Did people died from eating Manna ? Even when some people disobey some instruction guiding it, NO One died from eating it.

grin grin Is Manna now better than Jesus flesh ?

Attitude ? grin grin

Christ said and I quote

" “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you khave no life in you. 54 [u] Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life , and mI will raise him up on the last day. "

From where did you see attitude here ? He state " Whoever FEED " . whoever .

This is what happen when you try to merge to events that are different.

Even the Manna known also as Bread from heaven didn't kill anyone because of attitude . Is Manna better than Christ body ? ?

Jozzy4, me I will help him quote it o grin grin

cc : Rottennaija
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

Guy, Number 1 , go and respond to the pending post .

Number 2, if you are really okay you would have seen where a fake Nairaland paulgrundy made a claim that a post I ascribed to paulgrundy is false . He mentioned you to join him in his ignorance, But I know u can't ever call it false because you swallowed your literal emblem eating jargons from the real paulgrundy.

I seem not to understand... What is really your problem, that I 'swallow' the emblem eating jargon (from the real Paulgrundy) to be literal? Or that you don't like the idea that eating the emblems can/should be literal? Or that it would be more comfortable and convenient I swallow the governing body not eating of the emblem posture?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 31, 2019
rottennaija:

I seem not to understand... What is really your problem, that I 'swallow' the emblem eating jargon (from the real Paulgrundy) to be literal? Or that you don't like the idea that eating the emblems can/should be literal? Or that it would be more comfortable and convenient I swallow the governing body not eating of the emblem posture?

Your problem is insisting that all TRUE Christians must partake in the eating of the emblem, whereas Apostle Paul made it clear that it's not so! 1Corinthians 11:27-30

If it's compulsory that all TRUE Christians must partake in eating of the emblem as you're asserting, then there's no reason why some shouldn't eat it in the first century!

In an illustration Jesus' likens eating of the emblem to when a King spreads a fist, invited those he highly regarded but they never honoured his invitation so he sent out his guards to go and get people from anywhere they could be found, yet the seats are not filled, then he ordered them to bring in just anybody as in be it good or evil!

Notice that this same King who formerly insisted that the place be filled with guests later ordered someone to be THROWED out because that one came in without the wedding garment! Matthew 22:1-14

¤King in question is God!

¤Original invitees were religious leaders of Jesus' days!

¤Second group were the common Jews like the Apostles who aren't learned rabbinically speaking!

¤Those called along the highways were Gentiles that became part of the anointed class!

¤The thrownout guest MEANS THOSE WHO WEREN'T INVITED BUT ASSUMED THEY CAN PARTAKE AS CHRISTIANS!

So it's STRICTLY by invitation NOT just something you can decide upon out of presumptuousness! wink
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

Does been thrown into lake of fire now means No longer existing ?

Cc : maximus69

Yes for hell and death but no for the lost souls. Hell and death are confinement and not humans that has souls. Lost souls will burn forever. This is what Jesus taught repeatedly. Go and read the gospel again. I can give you over 20 references to confirm this truth. You don't argue with Scripture. It may not make sense to you but it is Scriptural.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

Your knowledge is low, that applies to the physical cities as well, Read Genesis 19:28,29 and come back . so are the physical cities still burning forever ?

The physical cities don't have souls. They were utterly destroyed physically but the souls of those who were consumed by the fire are in hell.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:01pm On Jul 31, 2019
Jozzy4:

So an human being can live forever without dying ? ?

Tell me the whole Genesis Adam sin is an Hoax ?

Man is made in the image of God. And God does not die so the spirit of man also does not die. Only the physical body dies. The spirit and the soul of man is immortal.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2019
TruthinAction:

Man is made in the image of God. And God does not die so the spirit of man also does not die. Only the physical body dies. The spirit and the soul of man is immortal

@bolded!

Please can you interpret what God meant when he told Adam 'dust you're and to dust you will return' Genesis 3:19

Are you saying God is not aware that Adam can't REALLY die? Genesis 3:4 embarassed

So between God and Satan, Who is the LIAR? John 8:44 undecided
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2019
Maximus69:

@bolded!

Please can you interpret what God meant when he told Adam 'dust you're and to dust you will return' Genesis 3:19

Are you saying God is not aware that Adam can't REALLY die? Genesis 3:4 embarassed

So between God and Satan, Who is the LIAR? John 8:44 undecided

God communicated to them at that time at the level they could understand. The dust refers to the body of man.

It's just like in physics, at the junior class they tell you that light travels in a straight line. But when you get into advanced physics, you are taught that light could be diffracted.

Even in chemistry, you are initially told that atom is the smallest indivisible part of an element but as you progress, you learn that atoms contains protons, neutrons and electrons.

There are several other Scripture that reveals that man is tripartite in nature. You can't deny that unless you want me to quote the Scripture for you. You can't use just the account of Genesis to form a doctrine. It must harmonize with other Scriptures.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2019
TruthinAction:

God communicated to them at that time at the level they could understand. The dust refers to the body of man.

It's just like in physics, at the junior class they tell you that light travels in a straight line. But when you get into advanced physics, you are taught that light could be diffracted.

Even in chemistry, you are initially told that atom is the smallest indivisible part of an element but as you progress, you learn that atoms contains protons, neutrons and electrons.

There are several other Scripture that reveals that man is tripartite in nature. You can't deny that unless you want me to quote the Scripture for you. You can't use just the account of Genesis to form a doctrine. It must harmonize with other Scriptures

Are you saying Adam don't understand that he never existed before creation?
Or that he couldn't understand that his death will mean the exact opposite of his life?

Please are you using physics to answer the scriptures?

Because most physicists don't believe the Bible!

Psalms 146:4, Ecclesiastes 3:19-20, 9:5-10

So what survives death SOUL or SPIRIT?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 12:15am On Aug 01, 2019
Maximus69:

Your problem is insisting that all TRUE Christians must partake in the eating of the emblem, whereas Apostle Paul made it clear that it's not so! 1Corinthians 11:27-30

If it's compulsory that all TRUE Christians must partake in eating of the emblem as you're asserting, then there's no reason why some shouldn't eat it in the first century!

In an illustration Jesus' likens eating of the emblem to when a King spreads a fist, invited those he highly regarded but they never honoured his invitation so he sent out his guards to go and get people from anywhere they could be found, yet the seats are not filled, then he ordered them to bring in just anybody as in be it good or evil!

Notice that this same King who formerly insisted that the place be filled with guests later ordered someone to be THROWED out because that one came in without the wedding garment! Matthew 22:1-14

¤King in question is God!

¤Original invitees were religious leaders of Jesus' days!

¤Second group were the common Jews like the Apostles who aren't learned rabbinically speaking!

¤Those called along the highways were Gentiles that became part of the anointed class!

¤The thrownout guest MEANS THOSE WHO WEREN'T INVITED BUT ASSUMED THEY CAN PARTAKE AS CHRISTIANS!

So it's STRICTLY by invitation NOT just something you can decide upon out of presumptuousness! wink

So you say Jesus likens eating of the emblem to the feast of Mt 22:1-14. Was the eating of the emblem then a must for the invited?

Jozzy4, do you agree with Maximus69 that Jesus illustrations of Mt 22:1-14 is related to the memorial emblems?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by MuttleyLaff: 3:35am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:
Man is made in the image of God. And God does not die so the spirit of man also does not die. Only the physical body dies. The spirit and the soul of man is immortal.
"And you should not be afraid of those killing the body but not being able to kill the soul. Indeed rather you should fear the One being able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna."
- Matthew 10:28

Except for the soul part being immortal, every other thing you wrote is right.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 4:43am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

Yes for hell and death but no for the lost souls. Hell and death are confinement and not humans that has souls. Lost souls will burn forever. This is what Jesus taught repeatedly. Go and read the gospel again. I can give you over 20 references to confirm this truth. You don't argue with Scripture. It may not make sense to you but it is Scriptural.

If hell and death been thrown into the same lake of fire indicates that THey will no longer exist! You have already explained the meaning of lake of fire. Only inconsistency can get you saying some will not exist and some will exist, when all was said to be in the same Place. Whatever happens to all is uniform
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 4:55am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

I never asked you this.

You said the beast is a certain human being , and this human went to Lake of fire while still alive, which means this person didn't die the Adamic Death . So my question is: Are you saying the Genesis account that said humans will die as a result of sin is a Lie ? Does this human not also inherit sin ? If this human never dies, do you accept they have everlasting life ? Is everlasting life a gift to wicked people ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 5:05am On Aug 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

The physical cities don't have souls. They were utterly destroyed physically but the souls of those who were consumed by the fire are in hell.

grin again , u err , whatever applies to the city applies to the people, according to that bible verse, the CITIES also suffer the punishment of everlasting fire, everlasting fire =total destruction ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist / How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / Ouija Boards: Experiences and Opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.