Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,444 members, 7,843,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About (13199 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
tobidipity:
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovah-witness-beliefs/

jw.org is the only official website of Jehovah's witnesses

100%
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 6:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
rottennaija:

Anything you read on jw.org, compare and contrast with www.jwfacts.com. If you want to buy a car, it is better to hear from the manufacturers, people who have bought and used the car and people who no longer use it. Hear from all sides and decide.

www.jw.org and www.jwfacts.com

what an human being, So you can learn about the Bible from someone who doesn't believe in it ? shaking me head for you seriously .
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jozzy4:

Jw facts is a Sick place to Learn about witnesses , The moment I saw his Failed analysis on birthdays and how he skipped the topic of hellfire and immortal soul in his questionable doctrines , I knew that guy has nothing in his head when it comes to Biblical knowledge, he was probably scared of flopping big tyme. He is just an opposer , an opposer has nothing positive to say . grin grin ( Revelation 12:10 " accuser of our brothers " attitude ) , A wise person should only visit Jw.org for good information's . Well articulated and short

bro , apart from that he doesn't believe in the Bible
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jozzy4:

Here is the text :

" So Jesus said to them: Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU HAVE NO LIFE IN YOURSELVES , WHOEVER feeds on my flesh and drink my blood has everlasting life " John 6:53,54

Did John the Baptist Eat Jesus flesh and drink his blood ? Would he have everlasting life ?
grin
lol, what a thread
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jozzy4:

They left him because they were dull in hearing thinking he meant a literal EATING . like You are doing . you ain't different from them. He clarifies " The flesh is of no use at all, my words are spirit" .

Literal Eating can't give you LIFE . its the spiritual aspect below that gives life.

40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life,

What gives eternal life as written above ?

Are u aware that some became sick and even died after partaking of emblem ? Something that gives LIFE should not Create Death as well. Emblem has a different purpose Jesus said : this cup means the New covenant . he was instituting a covenant NOT literal eating that gives life

John 6:40 says faith in Jesus gives eternal life, Are u calling our Lord a liar because your understanding of his words his shallow ?

Of course, The Thief on Jesus side did that before he could have LIFe right ?

Don't forget Jesus said " UNLESS " . this thing should have NP exception.

Jesus said : " The FLESH is of no use at all " . so he wasn't referring to literal eating .

When Adam and Eve sinned, God quickly blocked the tree of life, cos eating it would give them life

Fast forward to apostles day, If eating the bread and wine gives LIFE , It won't cause death or sickness for anyone. , in fact it should be encouraged to gain LIFE , no matter either u sin or not . . But the reverse was the case.

Its like telling me Governing Body can say tomorrow that Rich man and Lazarus is a literal story and I will believe, when there are many Holes I discovered myself. They just can't ! They need to prove it soundly for me to accept, Here you are struggling to tell why after Jesus institute , a man still gain LIFE without eating Jesus blood and flesh ?
now asking nonsense question on something you are yet to prove soundly ... Partaking the emblem doesn't give LIFE, its not what Jesus was speaking at John 6 . when instituting the emblem, Jesus use it to establish NEW COVENANT . NOT as a way to gain LIFE.

That way the thief on his side Is exempted, but He can gain LIFE because what is required is Faith in Jesus NOT eating bread or flesh that is of no use at all to gain life

you saw the title of this thread , the rottennaija guy is a product of Jwfact brainwashing. emblem gives life , yet some eat it and get sick . should people die as a result of what gives Life ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2020
rottennaija:

Looking for excuse to escape responsibility? Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and a host of other ancient servants of God will be resurrected to life in heaven without partaking the communion. They live at their own time and satisfied the requirement for God's favour and remembrance

stop lying , Jessicha make a good case there, So there are no unrighteous people during this time as well that will get ressurected for life ? ? So how come they didn't eat emblem before gaining life or Jesus lied that Unless ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jessicha:

Useless excuse Are there unrighteous people presently?
exactly what I just typed . lol
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2020
rottennaija:

If they are free from their sins after death, then why are they raised to judgement? Why are the righteous raised to eternal life and the wicked to judgment?

and the wicked will be raised to heaven since there won't be earthly ressurection grin grin , right ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
CANTICLES:

you saw the title of this thread , the rottennaija guy is a product of Jwfact brainwashing. emblem gives life , yet some eat it and get sick . should people die as a result of what gives Life ?

His Papa, Mama, Uncles, Aunties, Brothers, Sisters and all other members of his families are Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

He wanted to prove JWs wrong, but what about his Papa and Mama? He said they're the nicest people on planet earth, yet they've shunned him because they're JWs and he's not ready to continue being a JW.

So he will like to say so many evil things about JWs, but ask the confused dullard if his own Papa and Mama (who are also JWs) are evil, he will vehemently say "NO!"

That's when i realized that he's suffering from anti~jw virus syndrome! cheesy
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 7:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
CANTICLES:

what an human being, So you can learn about the Bible from someone who doesn't believe in it ? shaking me head for you seriously .

Who doesn't believe in the bible?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jozzy4:
Let me repeat the Fact that 1. You haven't gave a valid reason why those who lived in the past never ate this bread and wine IF its essential for everlasting life . your time difference theory only QUESTION the validity of Jesus claim to be the second Adam that gives eternal life, if his coming ONLY Affect people of his era .

2. You again, haven't respond soundly to the fact that despite Jesus institute the Memorial, we Stoll find a Man that same day who gained Life promise from Jesus without eating bread and wine , Your Exception theory contradict Jesus statmenent that " UNLESS YOU Eat " . who are the YOU ? How then can the man be an exception ? Is Jesus lying ?

3. You again failed to respond to @Jessicha's point that during the 1000 years of Christ reign, some unrighteous people would turn to doing good and gain Life, Did they ate the bread and wine ? No .

Now My focus is the below .

If it result to death and sickness , How then can you reconcile it with the below ?

48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever.

What Jesus OFFER doesn't LEAD to Death.

To address the they ate it unworthy : Don't forget that Jesus contrasted this flesh of his with Manna . Did people died from eating Manna ? Even when some people disobey some instruction guiding it, NO One died from eating it.

grin grin Is Manna now better than Jesus flesh ?

Attitude ? grin grin

Christ said and I quote

" “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you khave no life in you. 54 [u] Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life , and mI will raise him up on the last day. "

From where did you see attitude here ? He state " Whoever FEED " . whoever .

This is what happen when you try to merge to events that are different.

Even the Manna known also as Bread from heaven didn't kill anyone because of attitude . Is Manna better than Christ body ? ?

highlight is so funny, well done bro . What Jesus gives doesn't lead to death, but mr rottennaija is quoting a passage that says emblem caused some deaths . shooting himself on the leg.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
rottennaija:

Who doesn't believe in the bible?
Jwfact owner
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jozzy4:

You didn't address the main issue, though I must commend your insight on what Jesus meant that's if you actually meant what you wrote above at bold.

Now here are my questions :

1. Do you accept Rottennaija is wrong to interpret Jesus words to mean literal eating of emblems ?

2. Do you agree that your pastor and mentor, Paulgrundy of Jwfact is Extremely Wrong below ?

" he [ Jesus ] commands partaking of the emblems as an importance acceptance of him and gaining everlasting life.

John 6:53-57 "Accordingly Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me." - Paulgrundy

Is he right or wrong ?

Looool , so this is where they got that garbage from .
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2020
Maximus69:

His Papa, Mama, Uncles, Aunties, Brothers, Sisters and all other members of his families are Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

He wanted to prove JWs wrong, but what about his Papa and Mama? He said they're the nicest people on planet earth, yet they've shunned him because they're JWs and he's not ready to continue being a JW.

So he will like to say so many evil things about JWs, but ask the confused dullard if his own Papa and Mama (who are also JWs) are evil, he will vehemently say "NO!"

That's when i realized that he's suffering from anti~jw virus syndrome! cheesy

This is why Maximus69 will remain a fool forever, in the manner of all foolish people. Not knowing a shred about another, he speaks with the authority of foolish people who claim to know all... Fool, know this... I am indispensable in my family. No one can shun me, no one, not even you.

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2020
paulGrundy:

where is the reference to that quote? cc; rottenaija, TruthinAction
for real ? FAKE paulgrundy . busted
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2020
CANTICLES:

Jwfact owner

Who is he? What is his name?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2020
rottennaija:

Who is he? What is his name?
You created this thread to advertise a website of who you don't know ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
paulGrundy:
am not suprised! telling lies and misrepresentation of comments is not new to you.
i have this quote for you @Jozzy4

John 8:44 King James Version (KJV)
44 Ye are of your father the devil and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

cc; rottenaija,

don't be a stupid man, the quote Jozzy4 brought to the thread is real . You are the liar here and should apologize to Jozzy4
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
CANTICLES:

You created this thread to advertise a website of who you don't know ?
Abeg! No fall my hands
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
paulGrundy:

you didnt put the reference because neither me nor paul Grundy made that comment. you simply made it up.

cc; rottenaija,

it wasn't made up, you are just silly
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2020
rottennaija:

Abeg! No fall my hands

Just go and park somewhere, seems you don't know what to say again. Jwfact owner doesn't believe in the Bible as God's word , you are Satan's agent to direct people to such a person.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 7:47pm On Jan 18, 2020
CANTICLES:

Just go and park somewhere, seems you don't know what to say again. Jwfact owner doesn't believe in the Bible as God's word , you are Satan's agent to direct people to such a person.

So you don't know his name? I want to hear you mention it... What is his name?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CANTICLES: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2020
rottennaija:

So you don't know his name? I want to hear you mention it... What is his name?
answer a fool according to his folly .
Yeah, I don't know his name .

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2020
CANTICLES:
answer a fool according to his folly .
Yeah, I don't know his name .

OK. Say it after me, Paul Grundy .
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 18, 2020
rottennaija:

This is why Maximus69 will remain a fool forever, in the manner of all foolish people. Not knowing a shred about another, he speaks with the authority of foolish people who claim to know all... Fool, know this... I am indispensable in my family. No one can shun me, no one, not even you.

Everyone can see that! cheesy
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
CANTICLES:

don't be a stupid man, the quote Jozzy4 brought to the thread is real . You are the liar here and should apologize to Jozzy4
That paulgrundy guy is silly, Good evening brother
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
CANTICLES:

They have been " ... trapped and disgraced by the devil. " 1Tim 3:7 CEV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by paulGrundy(m): 8:53am On Jan 20, 2020
Jozzy4:

You didn't address the main issue, though I must commend your insight on what Jesus meant that's if you actually meant what you wrote above at bold.

Now here are my questions :

1. Do you accept Rottennaija is wrong to interpret Jesus words to mean literal eating of emblems ?

2. Do you agree that your pastor and mentor, Paulgrundy of Jwfact is Extremely Wrong below ?

" he [ Jesus ] commands partaking of the emblems as an importance acceptance of him and gaining everlasting life.

John 6:53-57 "Accordingly Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me." - Paulgrundy

Is he right or wrong ?

dont just make a blanket statement, include the link to where you dug up the supposed quote from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist / How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / Ouija Boards: Experiences and Opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.