Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,950 members, 7,845,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About (13211 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
TruthinAction:

Of course, he was buried
. You don't expect to get details on every single thing that must have transpired. It's like asking, did people also cried when he died. There are basic knowledge of what everyone should know. The narrator assumes that we all know he was buried but his soul was carried by Angels into Abraham's bosom.

The narrator never said it was the rich man body that was buried because he knows common sense demand that we know body gets buried.

But the pattern changed in the case of Lazarus , DIED AND CARRIED BY ANGELS . His physical body got carried. it was what died that was carried by angels

Please so a soul has fingers to touch water ? Because Lazarus did.

You are putting yourself in more soup, the text never said Lazarus was buried, His corpse was carried by angels

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
Jozzy4:

The narrator never said it was the rich man body that was buried because he knows common sense demand that we know body gets buried.

But the pattern changed in the case of Lazarus , DIED AND CARRIED BY ANGELS . His physical body got carried. it was what died that was carried by angels

Please so a soul has fingers to touch water ? Because Lazarus did.

You are putting yourself in more soup, the text never said Lazarus was buried, His corpse was carried by angels

There is no hope for you if this is how you interpret Scripture. I give up on you. Your senses will come back to you when you see yourself in the very hell you don't believe exist.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
Jozzy4:

Teeth is a bone, I thought spirit don't have bones ?

Tongue is a flesh, I thought spirit don't have flesh ?

Correct me, Is the water not physical water ?

Your soul has every single part the body has. That is why even in your dream when you are sleeping, you still act as though you are complete with every part of your being. In your dream you can still eat but your body is resting. The spirit world is real. Life after death goes on with every activity of your senses still intact. The only difference is that you can not make contact with the physical world. And you are controlled by strange powers to guide you to your destination.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2019
TATIME:

For what purpose exactly did Jesus (born without sin) have to die?
Is his death not enough to redeem humans?

Before Jesus died after all the persecution he said "it is finished" John 19:30
Now you're saying after his death, he went to hell (to be tormented for our sins AGAIN) after saying "it is finished" so what exactly did Jesus meant by saying "it is finished" if it hasn't finish as you're now saying?

It is finished means there is no more sacrifice for sins. He has fulfilled the demand of justice. He will not come back to make atonement for sins. But because our sins were laid on him, he has to end up where we were supposed to go to - hell. On the third day, he was released by the power of God having met the demand of justice. His captors now became his captive and he collected the keys of hell and death from Satan.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
Jozzy4:

Here is the text :

" So Jesus said to them: Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU HAVE NO LIFE IN YOURSELVES , WHOEVER feeds on my flesh and drink my blood has everlasting life " John 6:53,54

Did John the Baptist Eat Jesus flesh and drink his blood ? Would he have everlasting life ?

When John was alive, he had not been Jesus disciple, he had his disciples. The old law covenant was still in effect, the animal sacrifices were still the way to go, the passover of the old covenant was still in effect.

So did John eat the flesh and drink the blood? No. The new covenant didn't come into effect by the time he had died, the passover lamp had not been sacrificed then, the old was still in effect, the new didn't come into effect.

On the night Jesus had died, the old covenant was terminated, the new began, which was seal with Jesus blood. The passover of the old covenant ended, the new passover came into effect, where Jesus flesh and blood replaced the old.

If John was alive, would he have eaten Jesus flesh and blood? Yes he would have. The scriptures shows that he had faith in Jesus and his disciples later became Jesus disciples.

Will he enter God's kingdom in heaven even when he didn't eat the flesh and drink the blood? Yes he will.
Will other ancient servant of God mentioned in He 11 also enter God's kingdom in heaven though they didn't eat the flesh and drink the blood? Yes they will.

The reason is that they did all that was required of then at the time, heck, they even have faith in the messiah though they never saw him.

The difference is simply, you and I live at the different time, the requirement are different. John died before the new covenant came into effect, we live in a time where the new covenant is in effect. John ate the passover sacrifice, as was expected of him. This day, Jesus is our passover who was sacrificed.

Eating his flesh and drinking his blood means life his followers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
TruthinAction:

There is no hope for you if this is how you interpret Scripture. I give up on you. Your senses will come back to you when you see yourself in the very hell you don't believe exist.
Where & when did God torture the first human sinners, Adam & Eve,after their death?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2019
TruthinAction:

The body returns to dust but the lost souls go to hell. The spirit of those saved go to heaven.

Both the righteous and the unrighteous will be raised for final judgment. Hell is like a cell awaiting final judgment. After the final judgment, they will be thrown into the Lake of fire which is worse than hell. Hell itself will be thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:14-15
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

You say hell na fire,not physical . Lake of fire na fire.
Bro, how fire go fit destroy fire?

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
TruthinAction:

It is finished means there is no more sacrifice for sins. He has fulfilled the demand of justice. He will not come back to make atonement for sins. But because our sins were laid on him, he has to end up where we were supposed to go to - hell. On the third day, he was released by the power of God having met the demand of justice. His captors now became his captive and he collected the keys of hell and death from Satan.
Are you sure that his death didn't end our sins?
Because it was immediately when he gave up that tombs were thrown out and Matthew said he saw the dead comes to life! Matthew 27:51,52
It was after his resurrection and ascension to heaven that they gained the power of God's holy spirit to start preaching and teaching! Matthew 27:53, Act 2:1-47

But it's immediately when he gave up that the dead were released!
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2019
TATIME:

Are you sure that his death didn't end our sins?
Because it was immediately when he gave up that tombs were thrown out and Matthew said he saw the dead comes to life! Matthew 27:51,52
It was after his resurrection and ascension to heaven that they gained the power of God's holy spirit to start preaching and teaching! Matthew 27:53, Act 2:1-47

But it's immediately when he gave up that the dead were released!

Matthew 27:52-53
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves AFTER HIS RESURRECTION, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

In narrating story, sometimes the writer takes you to the end first and now bring you back to get the details of what really happened.

Verse 52 says they came of the grave after his resurrection.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2019
Janosky:

You say hell na fire,not physical . Lake of fire na fire.
Bro, how fire go fit destroy fire?

You can't figure everything with your head. We receive God's word in our spirit. Most of the times, the things of God are foolishness to the natural mind. Just accept the information given to you that is clearly stated in the Bible. If God said hell itself will be thrown into the Lake of fire, then accept it instead doting about questions that are irrelevant.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
Janosky:

Where & when did God torture the first human sinners, Adam & Eve,after their death?

You don't expect to have information about the eternal destiny of everyone in the Bible. Besides, he already judged them by driving them away from the Garden of Eden. But where they will end up eventually is God that will determine it. He does not have to preempt his decisions on every single person that lived on earth.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 1:00am On Jul 23, 2019
TruthinAction:

You don't expect to have information about the eternal destiny of everyone in the Bible. Besides, he already judged them by driving them away from the Garden of Eden. But where they will end up eventually is God that will determine it. He does not have to preempt his decisions on every single person that lived on earth.
God NEVER lies.. Numbers 23:19

##** Genesis 3:18,19
The Punishment of Mankind
…18 Both thorns and thistles it will yield for
you, and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow you will eat
your bread, until you return to the ground—
because out of it were you taken. For dust
you are, and to dust you shall return.”

***Romans 6:23 New International Version
(NIV)
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift
of God is eternal life in[ a ] Christ Jesus our
Lord.
Footnotes:
a. Romans 6:23 Or through.
Reference: 1Cor15:22.

####* FOOD For SERIOUS thought.

1)Adam would have been the first candidate for hellfire, but in the Bible, Yahweh NEVER sentenced Adam to hellfire.
Why ?

##2) Did Yahweh sentence Sodom and Gomorrah to hellfire? Jude1:7.
Why

##**3) Did Yahweh sentence the wicked world of Noah's day to hellfire?
Why?

**4) Jesus raised Lazarus John11:43,44.
Is there any scripture where Lazarus spoke about his wonderful enjoyment in Abraham's bosom?
Why?

Because Hellfire is a scam... 2Thes1:7-9

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 1:22am On Jul 23, 2019
TruthinAction:

In what form do people go to hell. with their bodies like the rich man, agree ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 1:37am On Jul 23, 2019
I know you will end up in this ropes , As at when Jesus was making those statement, Are u aware the Old covenant is still operating yet he said - *WHOEVER* eats my flesh and drinky blood has everlasting life.

*UNLESS YOU EAT* - you have no life.

His listeners were those under the old covenant , Yet he said it applies to THEM as well. ( That includes John the Baptist! )

rottennaija:

When John was alive, he had not been Jesus disciple, he had his disciples. The old law covenant was still in effect, the animal sacrifices were still the way to go, the passover of the old covenant was still in effect.

So did John eat the flesh and drink the blood? No. The new covenant didn't come into effect by the time he had died, the passover lamp had not been sacrificed then, the old was still in effect, the new didn't come into effect.

On the night Jesus had died, the old covenant was terminated, the new began, which was seal with Jesus blood. The passover of the old covenant ended, the new passover came into effect, where Jesus flesh and blood replaced the old.

If John was alive, would he have eaten Jesus flesh and blood? Yes he would have. The scriptures shows that he had faith in Jesus and his disciples later became Jesus disciples.

Jesus made it clear that his statement applies to everyone including those under the old covenant to whom he speak .

" UNLESS YOU EAT the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves "

For anyone to gain life, they must eat his flesh and blood, Including John and his entire Jewish listeners ..

Will he enter God's kingdom in heaven even when he didn't eat the flesh and drink the blood? Yes he will.
Will other ancient servant of God mentioned in He 11 also enter God's kingdom in heaven though they didn't eat the flesh and drink the blood? Yes they will.

Were they born of water and spirit to enter heaven ?

The reason is that they did all that was required of then at the time,
heck, they even have faith in the messiah though they never saw him.

The requirement says UNLESS, eating his flesh is important for them too!

The difference is simply, you and I live at the different time, the requirement are different. John died before the new covenant came into effect, we live in a time where the new covenant is in effect. John ate the passover sacrifice, as was expected of him. This day, Jesus is our passover who was sacrificed.

Please where did Jesus mention new covenant in that statement ?

Different time ? Don't start to lie with this your different time theory, He made the statement even to those under the old covenant.

He said to have LIFE ...you MUST !

So why didn't John eat his flesh and drink his blood before he dies ? Can someone who didn't eat his flesh and drink his blood have LIFE ?

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 1:41am On Jul 23, 2019
TruthinAction:

Your soul has every single part the body has. That is why even in your dream when you are sleeping, you still act as though you are complete with every part of your being. In your dream you can still eat but your body is resting. The spirit world is real. Life after death goes on with every activity of your senses still intact. The only difference is that you can not make contact with the physical world. And you are controlled by strange powers to guide you to your destination.

Nollywood movie has reprogrammed your head, u can't think clearly anymore. The Bible said Spirit does not have flesh and bone. How then could the rich man have tongue. A fleshly body part . Do u now agree people go to this your hell with their body's ? grin
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 6:01am On Jul 23, 2019
Jozzy4:

I know you will end up in this ropes , As at when Jesus was making those statement, Are u aware the Old covenant is still operating yet he said - *WHOEVER* eats my flesh and drinky blood has everlasting life.

*UNLESS YOU EAT* - you have no life.

His listeners were those under the old covenant , Yet he said it applies to THEM as well. ( That includes John the Baptist! )

Jesus made it clear that his statement applies to everyone including those under the old covenant to whom he speak .

" UNLESS YOU EAT the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves "

For anyone to gain life, they must eat his flesh and blood, Including John and his entire Jewish listeners ..

Were they born of water and spirit to enter heaven ?

The requirement says UNLESS, eating his flesh is important for them too!

Please where did Jesus mention new covenant in that statement ?

Different time ? Don't start to lie with this your different time theory, He made the statement even to those under the old covenant.

He said to have LIFE ...you MUST !

So why didn't John eat his flesh and drink his blood before he dies ? Can someone who didn't eat his flesh and drink his blood have LIFE ?

I was expecting you to show that when was saying those words, his close disciples (Peter, John, James etc) had been enjoying the flesh and blood for months so that they have life.

That when the many of the Jews that heard and left him did, they did for seeing him and his disciples eating his flesh and drinking his blood.

I was also expecting that by the time, his disciples were already born again when he spoke with Nicodemus.

And that when John 3:16 was written, the ransom was paid already.

Am I right?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 23, 2019
TruthinAction:

Walahi Talahi this one supposed to be in the headlines of one of the world class magazines!
So this one thinks the judgment of what Adam and Eve did in the garden of Eden is just for them to be driven out of garden!

Why then are you saying God will torment people forever if they refuse to accept Jesus?
Will God also burn nice Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Aborigines in your hell fire?
If you're not certain of what will happen to Adam and Eve, what makes you certain of other people's destiny so that you're arguing here about religion?

Abeg all these people are just brain damaged novices who only feel like saying something when others are taking, they are completely empty headed! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 7:50am On Jul 23, 2019
rottennaija:

I was expecting you to show that when was saying those words, his close disciples (Peter, John, James etc) had been enjoying the flesh and blood for months so that they have life.

That when the many of the Jews that heard and left him did, they did for seeing him and his disciples eating his flesh and drinking his blood.

I was also expecting that by the time, his disciples were already born again when he spoke with Nicodemus.

And that when John 3:16 was written, the ransom was paid already.

Am I right?

You are still grabbing straws , if a person didn't eat Jesus flesh and blood can they have Life ? Did he tell this to people under the old covenant as well ? this automatically cancelled out your previous epistle .

More issues for you .

rottennaija

Yet when the New covenant began, Jesus still promises LIFE to a repentant thief, Did this man eat Jesus blood and eat his flesh to have this LIFE... since we are NOW in a DIFFERENT TIME ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 7:52am On Jul 23, 2019
TATIME:

Walahi Talahi this one supposed to be in the headlines of one of the world class magazines!
So this one thinks the judgment of what Adam and Eve did in the garden of Eden is just for them to be driven out of garden!

Why then are you saying God will torment people forever if they refuse to accept Jesus?
Will God also burn nice Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Aborigines in your hell fire?
If you're not certain of what will happen to Adam and Eve, what makes you certain of other people's destiny so that you're arguing here about religion?

Abeg all these people are just brain damaged novices who only feel like saying something when others are taking, they are completely empty headed! embarassed embarassed embarassed

On point! Truthinaction. You need to read that over and over again.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 8:09am On Jul 23, 2019
Jozzy4:

You are still grabbing straws , if a person didn't eat Jesus flesh and blood can they have Life ? Did he tell this to people under the old covenant as well ? this automatically cancelled out your previous epistle .

More issues for you .

Yet when the New covenant began, Jesus still promises LIFE to a repentant thief, Did this man eat Jesus blood and eat his flesh to have this LIFE... since we are NOW in a DIFFERENT TIME ?

What do you mean by grabbing straw?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2019
rottennaija:

What do you mean by grabbing straw?

Please answer the question asked: As at when the new covenant began, ( due to your different time theory ) Did the repentant Thief Eat Jesus flesh and blood to gain LIFE ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 8:20am On Jul 23, 2019
Janosky:

The problem is with you.... You're not helping yourself.
Is English the original language of the holy Bible?
If you translated a book from French to English, what language would determine the real meaning of the words ?
Your honest answer to the questions is the key to unlock any word ,statement or phrases you come across while you read & study the Bible.

Thank you o, Bosom in that verse in the biblical language refers to a body part of another . I don't know why he can't accept Hagar must have been in the depth of the earth grin grin grin at Genesis 16:5
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2019
rottennaija:

The reason is that they did all that was required of then at the time, heck, they even have faith in the messiah though they never saw him.

Jozzy4:

Please answer the question asked: As at when the new covenant began, ( due to your different time theory ) Did the repentant Thief Eat Jesus flesh and blood to gain LIFE ?

In the night of his death, Jesus instituted the memorial of his death, thereby bringing into force the new covenant. The new covenant came into effect after Jesus death where his blood was poured for the forgiveness of sins.

Jesus promised the man on the cross or stake with Jesus, to be with him in paradise. Was the new covenant in effect? Yes (though one might say that technically, the new covenant may not have been since Jesus had not paid the ransom yet. But the event was in motion, he had already started it the night before where he broke the bread and gave the wine) Was there a different time between the night before and the day after? Yes Will the man gain life? Yes. Will he gain everlasting life in heaven despite not eating bread and drinking the cup? Yes.

What are the similarities between him, John, and other ancient servant of God who despite not taking the bread and cup but will still gain life in heaven? The circumstances around it. In the case of John and others, he wasn't alive when the new covenant came into effect and the bread and wine was shared. In the case of this man, he met Jesus for the first time, he was in jail (don't know how long he was there), the bread and wine was shared the night before and most of all, he showed exceeding faith, such faith as had not been found in Israel. Besides, he was in the final chapter of his life (as Jesus' earthly life was), he wouldn't have such opportunities ever again. But from his expression of faith, it's obvious if had another another chance, he would have been a disciple of Jesus.

Let me explain further.

I have been trying to work for shell since I graduated from the university. (I came out with good grades) Shell has about 7 stages of recruitment before anyone can get in. Most times, I'll get thought the first 3 but not further. I cannot work for shell, I cannot enjoy all they enjoy.

One day, by happenstance, I meet the GM of shell, for whatever reason, he likes me and feels love for me. He made a declaration to offer me employment in shell. Wow, without passing through their recruitment process, I have the job already. This scenario play out frequently in many places. Governors, Presidents promises people direct job offer without them passing through the recruitment processes. Business men giving people loans without them having to pass through the processes others pass. It is called favour or grace.

The thief hung with Jesus was a man of exceeding faith, who expresses faith in a dying man when others didn't. He had a special favour and grace. No one can take that away from him, Jesus had promised him heavenly life in paradise and he will get it.

Throughout Jesus earthly life, we find examples of people who received divine favour in their lives through their exceeding faith....
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2019
TATIME:

There are certain ways people live their lives, you can predict where they are likely to end up And this is with an assumption that they never repented before they died. No one can just come and say Adam and Eve will go to hell or heaven. It is God who searches the innermost thought of our hearts that can judge. No wonder Jesus told the religious leaders of his days that even prostitutes will enter into God's kingdom before then.

Mat 21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Only stupid person will just conclude the destination of people. Look at the thief that was crucified on calvary with Jesus. He made it just by a simple request.

But in the dispensation we are living in, anyone who reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus will end up in hell. And any one who claims to be a Christian and live an ungodly life without repenting will go to hell. No Muslim or Buddhist or Jehovah witness will make it to heaven. These are obvious cases we can conclude on.
Jesus is the only way to God.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2019
TruthinAction:

There are certain ways people live their lives, you can predict where they are likely to end up And this is with an assumption that they never repented before they died. No one can just come and say Adam and Eve will go to hell or heaven. It is God who searches the innermost thought of our hearts that can judge. No wonder Jesus told the religious leaders of his days that even prostitutes will enter into God's kingdom before then.

Mat 21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Only stupid person will just conclude the destination of people. Look at the thief that was crucified on calvary with Jesus. He made it just by a simple request.

But in the dispensation we are living in, anyone who reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus will end up in hell. And any one who claims to be a Christian and live an ungodly life without repenting will go to hell. No Muslim or Buddhist or Jehovah witness will make it to heaven. These are obvious cases we can conclude on.
Jesus is the only way to God.
My friend, Adam and Eve died both physically (in the flesh) and spiritually (separation from the source of life) so they're the first to perish in the history of sinners!
Others inherited sin from them so salvation of sinners is ONLY for their descendants, as for the first couple they're gone for good!
You may like to argue this but before you do, take note of the names of people whose record merits been remembered by God!
Paul listed their names in the Bible book of Hebrews 11, please note the first name mentioned "Abel" which means both Adam, Eve and Cain who first came before Abel are not included in God's memory (the book of life) Revelation 20:15!
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 12:21am On Jul 24, 2019
rottennaija:

In the night of his death, Jesus instituted the memorial of his death, thereby bringing into force the new covenant. The new covenant came into effect after Jesus death where his blood was poured for the forgiveness of sins.

Jesus promised the man on the cross or stake with Jesus, to be with him in paradise. Was the new covenant in effect? Yes (though one might say that technically, the new covenant may not have been since Jesus had not paid the ransom yet. But the event was in motion, he had already started it the night before where he broke the bread and gave the wine) Was there a different time between the night before and the day after? Yes Will the man gain life? Yes. Will he gain everlasting life in heaven despite not eating bread and drinking the cup? Yes.

What are the similarities between him, John, and other ancient servant of God who despite not taking the bread and cup but will still gain life in heaven? The circumstances around it. In the case of John and others, he wasn't alive when the new covenant came into effect and the bread and wine was shared. In the case of this man, he met Jesus for the first time, he was in jail (don't know how long he was there), the bread and wine was shared the night before and most of all, he showed exceeding faith, such faith as had not been found in Israel. Besides, he was in the final chapter of his life (as Jesus' earthly life was), he wouldn't have such opportunities ever again. But from his expression of faith, it's obvious if had another another chance, he would have been a disciple of Jesus.

Let me explain further.

I have been trying to work for shell since I graduated from the university. (I came out with good grades) Shell has about 7 stages of recruitment before anyone can get in. Most times, I'll get thought the first 3 but not further. I cannot work for shell, I cannot enjoy all they enjoy.

One day, by happenstance, I meet the GM of shell, for whatever reason, he likes me and feels love for me. He made a declaration to offer me employment in shell. Wow, without passing through their recruitment process, I have the job already. This scenario play out frequently in many places. Governors, Presidents promises people direct job offer without them passing through the recruitment processes. Business men giving people loans without them having to pass through the processes others pass. It is called favour or grace.

The thief hung with Jesus was a man of exceeding faith, who expresses faith in a dying man when others didn't. He had a special favour and grace. No one can take that away from him, Jesus had promised him heavenly life in paradise and he will get it.

Throughout Jesus earthly life, we find examples of people who received divine favour in their lives through their exceeding faith....

grin grin grin grin Welcome back from your delusion

The highlighted lies the answer you seek. Eating Jesus flesh and blood means putting faith in him ( John 3:16) . it has nothing to do with eating some bread and wine. !!!

Jesus explains " it is the spirit that is LIFE giving, The flesh is of no use at all the sayings that i have spoken to you are spirit and are life " John 6:63

Listen again, the whole abracadabra of eating flesh to gain life is NOT the point , the flesh ( either you have cannibalism mindset or you tagged it to the figurative bread IS OF NO USE AT ALL to give LIFE ) adjust your thinking.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 24, 2019
TruthinAction:

@You don't expect to have information about the eternal destiny of everyone in the Bible.

@Besides, he already judged them by driving them away from the Garden of Eden.

@But where they will end up eventually is God that will determine it.

@He does not have to preempt his decisions on every single person that lived on earth.

Shuooo!

Is this coming from a reasonable Bible reader or a pagan? embarassed
No wonder they're just been thrown about like the basketball! undecided

God doesn't preempt his decisions on every single person that lived on earth, yet he declared "whosoever believe in my son will NOT perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16
Jesus even went on to say "those who disbelieve in the son are ALREADY judged"! John 3:18
And Paul listed the names of the ones whose life makes God's heart glad each time he remembers them! Hebrews 11:4-12:1

Please why are you here on the religious section, ARGUING as if you know anything relating to Salvation?
How can you convince a person to embrace Christianity if you can't figure out the bases of God's judgment?
What exactly are you doing with the name of Jesus, if you can't provide adequate explanation regarding God's judgement?
Well praise the Lord, Halleluyah! cheesy
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:01am On Jul 24, 2019
Maximus69:

Shuooo!

Is this coming from a reasonable Bible reader or a pagan? embarassed
No wonder they're just been thrown about like the basketball! undecided

God doesn't preempt his decisions on every single person that lived on earth, yet he declared "whosoever believe in my son will NOT perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16
Jesus even went on to say "those who disbelieve in the son are ALREADY judged"! John 3:18
And Paul listed the names of the ones whose life makes God's heart glad each time he remembers them! Hebrews 11:4-12:1

Please why are you here on the religious section, ARGUING as if you know anything relating to Salvation?
How can you convince a person to embrace Christianity if you can't figure out the bases of God's judgment?
What exactly are you doing with the name of Jesus, if you can't provide adequate explanation regarding God's judgement?
Well praise the Lord, Halleluyah! cheesy

You are the one who misunderstood my submission. The fact that I made an error doesn't mean I will end up in hell. Do you know if I repented before I died. That is what I meant. Off course there are those whose eternal destiny is settled. For instance, those who completely reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus. I hope I am well understood. That Adam committed sin doesn't mean he will end up in hell. What if he had repented. The Bible is in summary and does not give every single details about each person. You will be surprised to see those the world has written off in heaven while those we think are saints will end up in hell.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 24, 2019
TruthinAction:

You are the one who misunderstood my submission. The fact that I made an error doesn't mean I will end up in hell. Do you know if I repented before I died. That is what I meant. Off course there are those whose eternal destiny is settled. For instance, those who completely reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus. I hope I am well understood. That Adam committed sin doesn't mean he will end up in hell. (((((What if he had repented)))))). The Bible is in summary and does not give every single details about each person. You will be surprised to see those the world has written off in heaven while those we think are saints will end up in hell.

That is where you failed woefully Sir!
It's only those who inherited sin who can't control themselves over sinful tendencies they inherited but as for perfect humans they have no excuse for willfully disobeying simple order!

God only gave them just one rule, so their judgement is not far fetched Sir, Adam and Eve have been destroyed completely NEVER to live again! ;

So don't delude yourself, they never repented that's why God never spoke to them again after the incident that occurred in Eden! )
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2019
Maximus69:

That is where you failed woefully Sir!
It's only those who inherited sin who can't control themselves over sinful tendencies they inherited but as for perfect humans they have no excuse for willfully disobeying simple order!

God only gave them just one rule, so their judgement is not far fetched Sir, Adam and Eve have been destroyed completely NEVER to live again! ;

So don't delude yourself, they never repented that's why God never spoke to them again after the incident that occurred in Eden! )

Their sins was atoned for by God himself. They received a covering by the animal that was killed. He used the skin to cover their unclothedness. It's only angels that have no forgiveness of sin. You can however keep your opinion.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 25, 2019
TruthinAction:

Their sins was atoned for by God himself. They received a covering by the animal that was killed. He used the skin to cover their unclothedness. It's only angels that have no forgiveness of sin. YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR OPINION.

That's what you should have said long before now, instead of scrambling around to fabricate what you can not explain with the scriptures!

Please what exactly did they do or how exactly did they plead for forgiveness or how did they show remorse for their intentional disobedience?

If the sin Adam and Eve committed were atoned for before they gave birth to children, then how come their children still inherited the sin that's been cleansed {atoned for}? Genesis 3:16-19, Romans 3:23

God's word said it's after his kingdom is established here on earth that all the woes associated with Adamic sin will be gone for good! Psalms 49:7-10, Daniel 2:44, Isaiah 65:24

And Jesus admonished all faithful people to keep praying for God's kingdom because it's the only solution to all our problems! Matthew 6:9-10 Revelations 21:3-4

But you're saying that God has atoned for the sin committed by Adam and Eve, yet their progenies still inherited what has been atoned for! Romans 5:12 undecided

You should know that you're empty regarding sacred issues like this Sir!

So when next you see Jehovah's Witnesses been accused of heresy, try to listen attentively, investigate thoroughly and humbly asked for efficacious and convincing explanations before diving in the matter that's far above your understanding, instead of jumping in only to start arguing blindly! 1Timothy 6:4 wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? / My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist / Why Do We Humans Die, Why Cant We Live Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.