Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,026 members, 7,845,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About (13214 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
TruthinAction:

None existence ko none existence ni. Look at you contradicting God's word. When the false Prophet and the beast were thrown into the Lake of fire, they were still there after 1,000 years before they were joined by Satan himself. How will something that does not exist cry night and day?

OK it's contradictions when someone quotes Genesis 2:16-17, 3:17-19, Psalms 146:4, Ecclesiastes 3:19-20, 9:10 All pointing to the fact that humans returns to none existence at death? undecided

Why not explain what God is saying in all those books before you concentrated only on the symbolic figures mentioned at Revelations?

Are you saying God has changed his mindset to suit that of those evil people tormenting humans alive in fire, the acts that God himself said HAS NOT COME INTO HIS HEART? Jeremiah 19:5 embarassed

Please who is copying who, God or humans?

Are you serious? embarassed

So after 1,000 years that they're still inside the fire Satan later joined them inside the fire! embarassed

That's incredible! cheesy

Please give this Pastor a round of applause for this wonderful and timely interpretation! grin
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by achorladey: 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2019
Jozzy4:

When you said Jesus words at John chapter 6 meant ' SPIRITUAL eating by Faith ' , Does that include eating literal emblems is compulsory to gain everlasting life ?

You must be speaking from both sides of your mouth, to not recognize rottennaija never admit Faith is enough, it include LITERAL eating of emblems . whereas you claimed its Spiritual Eating . .

I underlined " Must " for a reason to debunk your claim of reading more into unless .

I ask again: Is that your point too ? If it's spiritual eating and not literal eating , do you agree he is wrong ?

Tell me which Bible verse was twisted , Please and please my last response to Rottennaija is still there, you are free to quote and analyse.

grin grin so paulgrundy quickly lost relevance.

Anyway, Was he correct that Jesus statement refers to literal eating of emblems to gain LIFE?

Jozzy4: When you said Jesus words at John chapter 6 meant ' SPIRITUAL eating by Faith ' , Does that include eating literal emblems is compulsory to gain everlasting life ?

Achorladey: I believe you understand my post the first time you read it.

Jozzy4: You MUST be speaking from both sides of your mouth,

Achorladey: Hahahahahaha! is that a STATEMENT of FACT about me or a COMMAND from YOU to me?

Jozzy4: to not recognize rottennaija never admit Faith is enough, it include LITERAL eating of emblems . whereas you claimed its spiritual eating

Achorladey: Hahahahahah, the reason I have said you might be reading more into the UNLESS YOU EAT palaver.

Jozzy4: I underlined " Must " for a reason to debunk your claim of reading more into unless.

Achorladey: I have had to go back and see where the above came from and I found all of the below is contained in there too.....

(In the account of John 6, here are the point Jesus made. Having FAITH in the HIM will lead to EVERLASTING LIFE Jn 6:40. Unless you Eat the flesh and drink the blood, you have no life Jn 6:53. Promises of resurrection is HUNG on HAVING FAITH in Jesus, believing that his SAYINGS MEANS LIFE, eating and feeding on his blood and flesh Jn 6:40,47,52-59.

It was for the reason that he mentioned the eating of his flesh and drinking of his blood that many who were his disciples left him. Jesus true disciples of the first century didn't see the partaking of the emblem as abracadabra or something that could be dispense with, Jesus was their passover who was sacrifice. 1 Co 5:7)

Before this.........So no, having faith is Jesus and believing in him is not enough.

Jozzy4: I ask again: Is that your point too? If it's spiritual eating and not literal eating,

Achorladey: You have my response to the above already

Jozzy4: do you agree he is wrong?

Achorladey: I repeat you are reading more into the "UNLESS you EAT"

Jozzy4: so paulgrundy quickly lost relevance.

Achorladey: You were unable to respond to the part that states show where I called Paul Grundy my PASTOR. Here you are saying AGAIN Paul Grundy has LOST RELEVANCE. I am beginning to see you will love it very much that Paul Grundy lost relevance. Hahahahahahaha!

But you wouldn't want the encyclopedias, Wikipedias to become or LOST RELEVANCE! After all they all produce reference to numerous works. Your palaver.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
TruthinAction:

You are digressing. Churches may have points of disagreement but the tenets of the gospel remains and we all agree on that except the Jehovah false witnesses.

1. That all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

2. That the wages of sin is death.

3. That redemption is only available by exercising faith in the finished work of Christ on Calvary.

4. That salvation is purely an act of grace and not of works.

5. That the Church is given the Holy Spirit to empower us for ministry work.

6. That Jesus is deity. He has the very nature and essence of God.

7. That all who reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus will end up in hell fire.

8. That Jesus is coming back to take us home before the anti Christ is revealed.

9. That Christ will come back to establish his Millennium Reign on earth.

Whether Deeper life, Christ Embassy, RCCG, Foundation Faith, Living Faith etc. We all agree on this tenets except the Jehovah false witnesses.

Yes you're all in agreement. cheesy
Only that you all brought yourselves on a forum initiated by an atheist just to abuse, insult even curse one another with regards to these contradicting and conflicting tenets! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2019
achorladey:

Jozzy4: When you said Jesus words at John chapter 6 meant ' SPIRITUAL eating by Faith ' , Does that include eating literal emblems is compulsory to gain everlasting life ?

Achorladey: I believe you understand my post the first time you read it.

Jozzy4: You MUST be speaking from both sides of your mouth,

Achorladey: Hahahahahaha! is that a STATEMENT of FACT about me or a COMMAND from YOU to me?

Jozzy4: to not recognize rottennaija never admit Faith is enough, it include LITERAL eating of emblems . whereas you claimed its spiritual eating

Achorladey: Hahahahahah, the reason I have said you might be reading more into the UNLESS YOU EAT palaver.

Jozzy4: I underlined " Must " for a reason to debunk your claim of reading more into unless.

Achorladey: I have had to go back and see where the above came from and I found all of the below is contained in there too.....

(In the account of John 6, here are the point Jesus made. Having FAITH in the HIM will lead to EVERLASTING LIFE Jn 6:40. Unless you Eat the flesh and drink the blood, you have no life Jn 6:53. Promises of resurrection is HUNG on HAVING FAITH in Jesus, believing that his SAYINGS MEANS LIFE, eating and feeding on his blood and flesh Jn 6:40,47,52-59.

It was for the reason that he mentioned the eating of his flesh and drinking of his blood that many who were his disciples left him. Jesus true disciples of the first century didn't see the partaking of the emblem as abracadabra or something that could be dispense with, Jesus was their passover who was sacrifice. 1 Co 5:7)

Before this......... So no, having faith is Jesus and believing in him is not enough.

Jozzy4: I ask again: Is that your point too? If it's spiritual eating and not literal eating,

Achorladey: You have my response to the above already

Jozzy4: do you agree he is wrong?

Achorladey: I repeat you are reading more into the "UNLESS you EAT"

Jozzy4: so paulgrundy quickly lost relevance.

Achorladey: You were unable to respond to the part that states show where I called Paul Grundy my PASTOR. Here you are saying AGAIN Paul Grundy has LOST RELEVANCE. I am beginning to see you will love it very much that Paul Grundy lost relevance. Hahahahahahaha!

But you wouldn't want the encyclopedias, Wikipedias to become or LOST RELEVANCE! After all they all produce reference to numerous works. Your palaver.

You ended up saying nothing. Since he said having faith in Jesus isn't enough, his statement at John 6 includes Eating emblems

Does John 6 statement of Jesus on eating His flesh and drinking his blood a reference to Emblems as claimed by rottennaija and Paulgrundy ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
TruthinAction:

You are digressing. Churches may have points of disagreement but the tenets of the gospel remains and we all agree on that except the Jehovah false witnesses.

1. That all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

2. That the wages of sin is death.

3. That redemption is only available by exercising faith in the finished work of Christ on Calvary.

4. That salvation is purely an act of grace and not of works.

5. That the Church is given the Holy Spirit to empower us for ministry work.

6. That Jesus is deity. He has the very nature and essence of God.

7. That all who reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus will end up in hell fire.

8. That Jesus is coming back to take us home before the anti Christ is revealed.

9. That Christ will come back to establish his Millennium Reign on earth.

Whether Deeper life, Christ Embassy, RCCG, Foundation Faith, Living Faith etc. We all agree on this tenets except the Jehovah false witnesses.

1) Yes.

**2) You don't really believe that, you're just paying lip service to it.
Hellfire doctrine faces South Pole, "the wages of sin is death" faces North Pole.

##3)Yes.

***4) Grace (Matt24:21,22. Zeph2:2,3) and works (James2:24-26. Heb11:6. 12:1).

**5) JWs are empowered by holy spirit.

**##6) Jesus has essence and nature of God or divine nature ," a god", (the Word was with "ho theos", the God,) the Word is NOT "ho theos"wink that's the real point in John1:1.
In heaven, Jesus has his God and Father(Rev 3:5,21. Acts 3:13). He is not Almighty God. Humans are partakers of divine nature (John10:34-36), does that mean that man is Almighty God?
Who is the God of Jesus father ?

***$$7) 2 Thess1:7-9 . Jude1:5,7, refutes your claim. Is Sodom and Gomorrah "punishment of everlasting fire" still tormenting them today?

cool 2 Thess1:7-9 . Matt24:30,31 revealed what Jesus is coming to do on earth- execute the wicked which translates to salvation of faithful servants of Jehovah., "thy kingdom come" to rule over the "new earth" of righteous subjects of God's kingdom. (Rev5:9,10. 20:1-5).

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
TruthinAction:

The beast is the new world ruler. He is called the beast because of his ruthlessness.
He was thrown into the Lake of fire after Jesus defeated him. And 1,000 years later, Satan was thrown in there. So there is nothing like none existence. See the scripture below.

The battle of Jesus with the beast and his army

Revelation 19:19-20
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

After this incident, Satan was bound for 1,000 years and Jesus ruled the earth for that period.

Revelation 20:1-6

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

After the 1,000 years was over, Satan will be loosed for a season and gather multitudes to fight against the Saints. Revelation 20:7-9.

But fire from God from heaven destroyed them and Satan was cast into the Lake of fire. And this verse acknowledged that the beast and the false prophets were still there.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the BEAST AND THE FALSE PROPHET ARE, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Remember the time lapse between when the beast and the false prophet were thrown into the Lake of fire and when Satan joined them was at least 1,000 years. So this suggests that they do not go into none existence.

The last sentence says, 'and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever'

You either accept the truth of the Scripture and stop twisting it to suit your preconceived opinions. The book of Revelation says we should not add or subtract from it. And says anyone who adds, all the plagues will be added to him and anyone who subtract will be deleted from the book of life.

So the Beast Is not real BUT A REPRESENTATION of someone, what does the Lake of fire into which its thrown REPRESENT ?

Can u kindly Identify this WORLD LEADER! , to Give concrete to your assumption ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CAPTIVATOR: 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2019
Jozzy4 , don't tell me you expect him to outrightly say his OGAS are wrong , grin , he has already Told you They are wrong Below.

achorladey:

Something similar to the below in parenthesis have been emphasised repeatedly over the course of three to four pages on the thread . If that's the case. I wouldn't say I have contributed to the
post as well. I will stick to what I said previously concerning reading more into "UNLESS YOU EAT"

His own opinion is in parenthesis below as indicated above. For him its spiritual eating , he doesn't agree with the trash of those two guys u mention .

(But the words design a spiritual eating of Christ by faith. To eat the flesh, and drink the blood of Christ, is to believe that Christ is come in the flesh, and is truly and really man; that his flesh is given for the life of his people, and his blood is shed for their sins)

Its all right , don't mind Jozzy4 . how can he expect u to outrightly say they are wrong when you have indicated it already . grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
Jozzy4:

So the Beast Is not real BUT A REPRESENTATION of someone, what does the Lake of fire into which its thrown REPRESENT ?

Can u kindly Identify this WORLD LEADER! , to Give concrete to your assumption ?

He is yet to be revealed. He will rule from Rome which will be the headquarters of the New kingdom. And the false prophet will come from Israel and they will work together. He will enter into a peace treaty on behalf of Israel for seven years. But after three and a half years, he will set up an image of the beast in the temple of God and force everyone on earth to worship the beast. It is at this point the Jews will realize they have been deceived.

Hence our Lord Jesus said in

Matthew 24:15-21.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understandsmiley

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Isreal will be persecuted by the beast and Jesus will come back to deliver Israel from the hands of the beast. It is after the defeat that him and the false prophet will be thrown into the Lake of fire.

Then Satan will be bound for 1,000 years and Jesus will reign from Jerusalem for 1,000 years.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
Janosky:

1) Yes.

**2) You don't really believe that, you're just paying lip service to it.
Hellfire doctrine faces South Pole, "the wages of sin is death" faces North Pole.

##3)Yes.

***4) Grace (Matt24:21,22. Zeph2:2,3) and works (James2:24-26. Heb11:6. 12:1).

**5) JWs are empowered by holy spirit.

**##6) Jesus has essence and nature of God or divine nature ," a god", (the Word was with "ho theos", the God,) the Word is NOT "ho theos"wink that's the real point in John1:1.
In heaven, Jesus has his God and Father(Rev 3:5,21. Acts 3:13). He is not Almighty God. Humans are partakers of divine nature (John10:34-36), does that mean that man is Almighty God?
Who is the God of Jesus father ?

***$$7) 2 Thess1:7-9 . Jude1:5,7, refutes your claim. Is Sodom and Gomorrah "punishment of everlasting fire" still tormenting them today?

cool 2 Thess1:7-9 . Matt24:30,31 revealed what Jesus is coming to do on earth- execute the wicked which translates to salvation of faithful servants of Jehovah., "thy kingdom come" to rule over the "new earth" of righteous subjects of God's kingdom. (Rev5:9,10. 20:1-5).

My friend, you have been brainwashed. Let me just prove to you that those destroyed by fire in Sodom and Gomorrah are still suffering it in hell.

Jude 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, SUFFERING the vengeance of ETERNAL FIRE.

The word suffering is present continous term if you read English in school. So they are still suffering it. And the last two words, Eternal fire shows its forever.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:48pm On Jul 29, 2019
Maximus69:

OK it's contradictions when someone quotes Genesis 2:16-17, 3:17-19, Psalms 146:4, Ecclesiastes 3:19-20, 9:10 All pointing to the fact that humans returns to none existence at death? undecided

Why not explain what God is saying in all those books before you concentrated only on the symbolic figures mentioned at Revelations?

Are you saying God has changed his mindset to suit that of those evil people tormenting humans alive in fire, the acts that God himself said HAS NOT COME INTO HIS HEART? Jeremiah 19:5 embarassed

Please who is copying who, God or humans?

Are you serious? embarassed

So after 1,000 years that they're still inside the fire Satan later joined them inside the fire! embarassed

That's incredible! cheesy

Please give this Pastor a round of applause for this wonderful and timely interpretation! grin

The saints of old had limited knowledge of the truth. So, not everything stated in the Old Testament is truth. For example, Job said, the Lord gives and the Lord takes, blessed be the name of the Lord. But we know from the new teachings of our Lord Jesus that every good gifts comes from God. It is the devil who kills. Even God rebuked Job for uttering words without knowledge.

So if you really want to get the truth about eternal destiny of man, focus on the new testament teachings of Jesus and his Apostles. Jesus is the truth. He came to make us know most things clearly that could not be understood in the Old Testament.

Concerning the beast and the false prophets thrown into hell, I did not write those words. They are there in the Bible. I didn't add my words. When Satan was later thrown into the same lake of fire, the verse says that the beast and the false prophet were still there after over 1,000 years. Just go back and read it more slowly.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
Jozzy4:

A Beast ? Do u really believe such An animal was thrown into lake of fire ?

He is human and not an animal.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 11:55pm On Jul 29, 2019
TruthinAction:

My friend, you have been brainwashed. Let me just prove to you that those destroyed by fire in Sodom and Gomorrah are still suffering it in hell.

Jude 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, SUFFERING the vengeance of ETERNAL FIRE.

The word suffering is present continous term if you read English in school. So they are still suffering it. And the last two words, Eternal fire shows its forever.

Pastorpreneur con man alias Liesinaction.
You are a colossal disgrace, I tell you without mincing words.
Genesis 19:12-14,28,29

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by achorladey: 12:02am On Jul 30, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:
Jozzy4 , don't tell me you expect him to outrightly say his OGAS are wrong , grin , he has already Told you They are wrong Below.

His own opinion is in parenthesis below as indicated above. For him its spiritual eating , he doesn't agree with the trash of those two guys u mention .

Its all right , don't mind Jozzy4 . how can he expect u to outrightly say they are wrong when you have indicated it already . grin

"OUTRIGHTLY" the keyword I need here.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by CAPTIVATOR: 2:02am On Jul 30, 2019
achorladey:

"OUTRIGHTLY" the keyword I need here.

U don't need to say that outrightly, the message is gotten already . grin .
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:37am On Jul 30, 2019
Janosky:

Pastorpreneur con man alias Liesinaction.
You are a colossal disgrace, I tell you without mincing words.
Genesis 19:12-14,28,29

That's the problem with you people. I just showed you the evidence of the Scripture but your pride will not allow you to agree. You are an anti Christ for disagreeing with God's word. You will not escape God's judgment.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 30, 2019
TruthinAction:

The saints of old had limited knowledge of the truth. So, not everything stated in the Old Testament is truth. For example, Job said, the Lord gives and the Lord takes, blessed be the name of the Lord. But we know from the new teachings of our Lord Jesus that every good gifts comes from God. It is the devil who kills. Even God rebuked Job for uttering words without knowledge.

So if you really want to get the truth about eternal destiny of man, focus on the new testament teachings of Jesus and his Apostles. Jesus is the truth. He came to make us know most things clearly that could not be understood in the Old Testament.

Concerning the beast and the false prophets thrown into hell, I did not write those words. They are there in the Bible. I didn't add my words. When Satan was later thrown into the same lake of fire, the verse says that the beast and the false prophet were still there after over 1,000 years. Just go back and read it more slowly.

OK you now agree that Christians knew better than all those who lived before Christ, but it's still the hellfire that's disturbing you. No problem gradually you will learn more from Jehovah's Witnesses just keep in touch!

As for the beast and false prophets, let me quickly give you the EXPO.

Beast means the world governments, the seven heads and ten horns means ALL PAST WORLD POWER FROM EGYPT TO ANGLO~AMERICA
This is the seventh time a human government gains power over the whole world but three times out of the seven times, two nations joined together to rule at the same time, that's the meaning of ten horns!
So while the beast has seven heads, three of its head has two horns when the rest have one each making ten in total.

The Fire simply means none existence, that's why the fire consumed both
¤Satan
¤Demons
¤False prophets
¤Death
¤Grave
¤Wicked people
Because all these will no more exist after God's judgement day, you can continue with your research but you can never get anything better than gathering wicked people who will be divided in faith due to RACISM and POLITICS, and you yourself will later get tired after there is no love found in all your effort as you'll later concentrate on making money out of their ignorance and crooked minds.
Thanks Sir!
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
TruthinAction:

He is human and not an animal.

I will attend to the more comprehensive response of yours , but the only thing I have to say here is: If The Beast REPRESENT something, what does Lake of fire represent ?

The Beast isn't real, is Lake of fire real or a representation ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

I actually saw through his tactic, He knew they were wrong yet still came and said the person with a wrong view has answered all necessary questions, whereas the way he answers it was far different from his own, one justify emblem , the other relate it as spiritual ( which I knew he did after reading the thread, Because he would have swallowed paulgrundy propaganda before stumbling on the thread . ) . they can't even AGREE .
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
TruthinAction:

He is yet to be revealed.
He will rule from Rome which will be the headquarters of the New kingdom. And the false prophet will come from Israel and they will work together. He will enter into a peace treaty on behalf of Israel for seven years. But after three and a half years, he will set up an image of the beast in the temple of God and force everyone on earth to worship the beast. It is at this point the Jews will realize they have been deceived.

Hence our Lord Jesus said in

Matthew 24:15-21.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understandsmiley

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Isreal will be persecuted by the beast and Jesus will come back to deliver Israel from the hands of the beast. It is after the defeat that him and the false prophet will be thrown into the Lake of fire.

Then Satan will be bound for 1,000 years and Jesus will reign from Jerusalem for 1,000 years.

Either revealed or not is not the matter here, but the vital fact that the Beast Was caught and thrown into lake of fire while still ALIVE .

1. So Lake of fire is on earth ? Unless u want to tell me he was transported there, which will mock the idea of body separating from soul through death before soul began the journey. grin

Here this person is alive as human yet thrown into lake of fire . , begs the question: is Lake of fire a place on earth ?

2) Does that mean this particular human will never taste death ? Automatic everlasting life ?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
TruthinAction:

The verse is a reference to the CITIES and those living in it . are u saying the cities are still burning with fire today ? That's only when u can make sense.

That aside, How can you claim Jesus came to save the sons and daughters of Adam if he can't save those who are.already condemned to everlasting hell in the first place WITHOUT JEsus dying for their sins ?

This would reveal if you are an enemy of Christ ransom or not.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
TruthinAction:

So if you really want to get the truth about eternal destiny of man, focus on the new testament teachings of Jesus and his Apostles. Jesus is the truth. He came to make us know most things clearly that could not be understood in the Old Testament

@bolded you need to understand something clear!

Jesus himself said 'i've not come to destroy the law or the prophets but to FULFIL them' Matthew 5:17 he added 'Mildtempered people will INHERIT the earth's Matthew 5:5 compared to Psalms 37:11 and Zephaniah 2:2-3

People will inherit this planet and as for wicked people, they will return to nonexistence! Psalms 9:17

Jesus taught so many things in illustrations{parables} so if you refuse to humble yourself and draw close to his REAL followers you will just go about quoting him out of context! Matthew 13:3, 13, 34, 35 compared to John 6:60-69

So don't rely on the common Hellfire threat that was fabricated by the same false Church leaders that you're now drawing away from! All their teachings is based on long time traditional teachings NOT thorough research which could help them get to the root of Biblical truths!

God had no intention of tormenting people, he hates people who torments others! Jeremiah 19:5
Jesus is God's only begotten son, he will not speak against his God and Father! John 20:17

John 3:16 is clear enough, those who failed to exercise faith in Christ WILL PERISH or BE DESTROYED
Adam and Eve are the first and foremost sinners, their punishment is DEATH as in NONEXISTENCE! So immediately at death, God deletes them and their evil from his memory! Romans 6:7 But as for those who do good, he keeps anticipating to bring them back to life again! Job 14:14-15
God is only kind enough to provide a means of escape for obedient descendants of Adam who will not follow their father's footsteps of DISOBEDIENCE!
God has nothing in mind for perpetual evildoers apart from returning them to nonexistence! Genesis 3:17:19
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
Maximus69:

@bolded you need to understand something clear!

Jesus himself said 'i've not come to destroy the law or the prophets but to FULFIL them' Matthew 5:17 he added 'Mildtempered people will INHERIT the earth's Matthew 5:5 compared to Psalms 37:11 and Zephaniah 2:2-3

People will inherit this planet and as for wicked people, they will return to nonexistence! Psalms 9:17

Jesus taught so many things in illustrations{parables} so if you refuse to humble yourself and draw close to his REAL followers you will just go about quoting him out of context! Matthew 13:3, 13, 34, 35 compared to John 6:60-69

So don't rely on the common Hellfire threat that was fabricated by the same false Church leaders that you're now drawing away from! All their teachings is based on long time traditional teachings NOT thorough research which could help them get to the root of Biblical truths!

God had no intention of tormenting people, he hates people who torments others! Jeremiah 19:5
Jesus is God's only begotten son, he will not speak against his God and Father! John 20:17

John 3:16 is clear enough, those who failed to exercise faith in Christ WILL PERISH or BE DESTROYED
Adam and Eve are the first and foremost sinners, their punishment is DEATH as in NONEXISTENCE! So immediately at death, God deletes them and their evil from his memory! Romans 6:7 But as for those who do good, he keeps anticipating to bring them back to life again! Job 14:14-15
God is only kind enough to provide a means of escape for obedient descendants of Adam who will not follow their father's footsteps of DISOBEDIENCE!
God has nothing in mind for perpetual evildoers apart from returning them to nonexistence! Genesis 3:17:19

If the dead go into none existence, why did Jesus said they will weep and gnash their teeth day and night.

Why were the beast and false prophets thrown into the Lake of fire are still there after over 1,000 years.

Why was the rich man who died able to speak to Abraham and even remembered he had brother on earth.

Why is it that a few who actually died and came back could narrate where they saw themselves.

Why was Jonah able to cry out for help after he was swallowed by the fish if he went into none existence.

How was Jesus able to preach to the spirits in prison during the three days of his death?

Why did Apostle Paul said to die in Christ is gain if he will go into none existence. He said he will be with the lord?

Where the Jesus get the keys of hell and death from if he was none existence for the three days.

Please reexamine your lies for it clearly contradicts the Scripture. I think you need to visit a psychiatrist. May God help you all to come out of this brainwashing doctrines.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
Jozzy4:

The verse is a reference to the CITIES and those living in it . are u saying the cities are still burning with fire today ? That's only when u can make sense.

That aside, How can you claim Jesus came to save the sons and daughters of Adam if he can't save those who are.already condemned to everlasting hell in the first place WITHOUT JEsus dying for their sins ?

This would reveal if you are an enemy of Christ ransom or not.

Those who lived before Jesus came will be judged differently - by the law of their conscience. Those under the Law of Moses will be judged by the law. And those who live in our days will be judged by their response to the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

The city is burnt. But the souls of the inhabitants are still in torment. Even Jesus said the people of Sodom and Gomorrah will tolerate the punishment of hell more than the cities of his days.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
Jozzy4:

Either revealed or not is not the matter here, but the vital fact that the Beast Was caught and thrown into lake of fire while still ALIVE .

1. So Lake of fire is on earth ? Unless u want to tell me he was transported there, which will mock the idea of body separating from soul through death before soul began the journey. grin

Here this person is alive as human yet thrown into lake of fire . , begs the question: is Lake of fire a place on earth ?

2) Does that mean this particular human will never taste death ? Automatic everlasting life ?

The Lake of fire is under the earth and the physical world and the spiritual world sometimes can be experienced at the same time. That was why John who wrote the book of Revelation was able to see things in the realm of the spirit even in his physical body.

This also explains why one can sit down and your spirit eyes are opened to see things others could not see.

The gate to hell is on the surface of the earth but it's not visible to the physical eyes. But when the time comes, those to thrown in will enter through one of the gates.

That they were thrown in physically is not the issue. Both their bodies and souls perish in the fire. The body will burn off but the soul will still be alive to suffer the torment.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
Jozzy4:

I will attend to the more comprehensive response of yours , but the only thing I have to say here is: If The Beast REPRESENT something, what does Lake of fire represent ?

The Beast isn't real, is Lake of fire real or a representation ?

Like I said in an earlier post, when something is symbolic, the Bible will give more insight describing what that thing represents. The beast is pictured to have ten horns. And that ten horns represents the confederation of the ten states he will rule from.

But the Lake of fire is literal as those thrown into it suffered torments. In the gospel, Jesus called it a furnace of fire that is never quenched. It is an eternal fire.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Maximus69:

OK you now agree that Christians knew better than all those who lived before Christ, but it's still the hellfire that's disturbing you. No problem gradually you will learn more from Jehovah's Witnesses just keep in touch!

As for the beast and false prophets, let me quickly give you the EXPO.

Beast means the world governments, the seven heads and ten horns means ALL PAST WORLD POWER FROM EGYPT TO ANGLO~AMERICA
This is the seventh time a human government gains power over the whole world but three times out of the seven times, two nations joined together to rule at the same time, that's the meaning of ten horns!
So while the beast has seven heads, three of its head has two horns when the rest have one each making ten in total.

The Fire simply means none existence, that's why the fire consumed both
¤Satan
¤Demons
¤False prophets
¤Death
¤Grave
¤Wicked people
Because all these will no more exist after God's judgement day, you can continue with your research but you can never get anything better than gathering wicked people who will be divided in faith due to RACISM and POLITICS, and you yourself will later get tired after there is no love found in all your effort as you'll later concentrate on making money out of their ignorance and crooked minds.
Thanks Sir!

What you wrote contradicts the Scripture. After the beast and the false prophet were thrown into the Lake of fire. Satan later joined them after over 1,000 years and the Bible acknowledged that the beast and the false prophet are still there at the time Satan was thrown in.

You want me to throw away the information in the Bible and accept yours. Is your authority greater than that of the Scripture?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by paulGrundy(m): 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2019
Jozzy4:

You didn't address the main issue, though I must commend your insight on what Jesus meant that's if you actually meant what you wrote above at bold.

Now here are my questions :

1. Do you accept Rottennaija is wrong to interpret Jesus words to mean literal eating of emblems ?

2. Do you agree that your pastor and mentor, Paulgrundy of Jwfact is Extremely Wrong below ?

" he [ Jesus ] commands partaking of the emblems as an importance acceptance of him and gaining everlasting life.

John 6:53-57 "Accordingly Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me." - Paulgrundy

Is he right or wrong ?

where is the reference to that quote?
cc; rottenaija, TruthinAction
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by abbadavid: 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2019
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0d-PuihB4k/?igshid=1bih89hsz9mp7

Too faithful by Moses Bliss ministration by Abbadsinger
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
TruthinAction:

What you wrote contradicts the Scripture. After the beast and the false prophet were thrown into the Lake of fire. Satan later joined them after over 1,000 years and the Bible acknowledged that the beast and the false prophet are still there at the time Satan was thrown in.

You want me to throw away the information in the Bible and accept yours. Is your authority greater than that of the Scripture?

You don't need to throw away a single thing found in the scriptures because not a word will go unfulfilled!

But you need to know the CORRECT interpretations of what you're reading otherwise you'll just find out that your faith is not yielding any positive FRUIT! Matthew 7:15-20 compared to James 2:18-26

If you truly understand what you're reading, you'll be able to reach the heart of your audience. Hebrews 4:12

It won't just be a repetition of the common dogmatic teachings permeating all the religions around you!

After a thorough scrutiny from a person who refute the dogma, and you don't know how to defend your dogmatic teachings, you'll end up saying IT'S A MYSTERY nobody can understand it unless the Holy Spirit interprets it to you! Revelations 17:5

Most people will shy away from the truth and say "i undersood" just to hide their face from the embarrassment of not having the so called Holy Spirit But the fact remains that they can't understand a single thing about the Hellfire issue! wink
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 2:46am On Jul 31, 2019
TruthinAction:

Like I said in an earlier post, when something is symbolic, the Bible will give more insight describing what that thing represents. The beast is pictured to have ten horns. And that ten horns represents the confederation of the ten states he will rule from.

But the Lake of fire is literal as those thrown into it suffered torments
. In the gospel, Jesus called it a furnace of fire that is never quenched. It is an eternal fire.

Will Grave and death suffer torment ? Rev 20:14
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 2:54am On Jul 31, 2019
TruthinAction:

Those who lived before Jesus came will be judged differently - by the law of their conscience. Those under the Law of Moses will be judged by the law. And those who live in our days will be judged by their response to the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

In short , Jesus is not the Savior of the world but only those of his time ?

The city is burnt. But the souls of the inhabitants are still in torment. Even Jesus said the people of Sodom and Gomorrah will tolerate the punishment of hell more than the cities of his days.

You are highly inconsistent, According to the verse Even the cities are suffering the punishment of Everlasting fire, Is this a Lie ? So tell us how ?

Note: whatever applies to the city , applied to its inhabitants, don't separate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Do We Humans Die, Why Cant We Live Forever / How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? / Sermon By Benson Idahosa Part1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.