Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Verbal Introvert - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Verbal Introvert (1363 Views)

Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy And Introvert Guy. / 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 5:49pm On Oct 15, 2010
How do you force a conversation out of someone who is bent on just giving one-word answers?
Re: Verbal Introvert by LouisThoru(f): 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2010
simple, keep giving one word questions.
Re: Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 6:09pm On Oct 15, 2010
lol.

funny but wont work with a headstrong type.
Re: Verbal Introvert by ShyOne(f): 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2010
I had interaction with someone like that many times and I researched them over the years here is what I think:

1) They are wanting to discourage others from continuing contact with them - they are either so caught up in what they are thinking about or focusing on that they just want to make you go away or they aren't engrossed in anything and they just want to make you go away or they know very little about the topic and don't want you to know that they have no real idea of what your question is about and instead of being honest and telling you they don't know, they just either agree or disagree.

or

2) They have a hidden agenda and they are wanting to give you very little feedback to discourage your digging deeper

There is just so long that you can continue to have one-word responses without it getting really old and/or being viewed as negative on some level by others.   Most people, even shy ones will elaborate on a topic(s) at some time or another versus just one word answers all the time.

I wouldn't trust that, I would see that as odd.
Re: Verbal Introvert by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2010
LouisThoru:

simple, keep giving one word questions.
i don't tink that will work lol
Re: Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
This person in question, I believe is in pain and being very defensive about opening up.

I am trying really hard to get the person to open up as I believe this might help heal some of their pain.

Dont suggest reference to a therapist of phychologist as this person will not move an inch at the sound of the shrinks
Re: Verbal Introvert by Vic2k3(m): 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2010
SHY-ONE Thats not true jor. I'm an introvert naturally. Not that i don't know anything about the topic been discussed, it jxt that we like that (keeping to our shell) . Poster all u need is an entrovert to balance the equation.
Re: Verbal Introvert by madlady(f): 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^^I agree with you but, did you mean an extrovert.
Re: Verbal Introvert by Vic2k3(m): 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2010
Yes madlady tnx. Was a typo wink
Re: Verbal Introvert by ShyOne(f): 6:33pm On Oct 15, 2010
@ kokoye

Ohhhhh -ok

I wish you luck with this.

@ Vic2k3

Thank you for the correction and the thought process, interesting, I will remember that.
Re: Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2010
Na wah for this spammer o
Re: Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2010
@ post.

I can only try. Just sad when you know a close friend is hurting terribly and you are trying to help but theyre pushing.

The person lost a loved one. He's kept to himself for over 3weeks now.
Re: Verbal Introvert by ice234: 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2010
start beatting him up. with time we will tal more
Re: Verbal Introvert by Vic2k3(m): 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2010
Ice234 u're crazy .
Re: Verbal Introvert by Ifedisky(m): 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2010
If he really trusts you and he's truly hurting, he'll open up. Work on buying his confidence. If you fail, take him out and get him sozzled. Alcohol really sets some bells chiming, never fails!
Re: Verbal Introvert by madlady(f): 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2010
kokoye:

@ post.

I can only try. Just sad when you know a close friend is hurting terribly and you are trying to help but theyre pushing.

Some times people need to be by themselves to work things out. Let him know your there when and if he needs you.
Re: Verbal Introvert by Ifedisky(m): 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2010
kokoye:

Ha. I dint see this. Please lay off him jare. You know his wahala and you r still crowding him to talk. What do you want him to say? Leave him alone. Only time can heal him. You can only be concerned if he hibernates for too long. But three weeks? The wound's still fresh na. Haba!
Re: Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^^

Three weeks indoors and not wanting to talk to anyone??

I am truly scared for him.
Re: Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2010
I have loved a lost one before (child) and after a while I felt better with close friends around cheering me up.

But I guess we all different.
Re: Verbal Introvert by ShyOne(f): 7:06pm On Oct 15, 2010
Just keep checking on him. Be there when he needs you to be, I went through that, it was horrible, just checking on them and be kind and loving.
Re: Verbal Introvert by Ifedisky(m): 7:11pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^ sure we're different. Some people love working out probs in isolation away from the crowd. Maybe thatz the kind of person he is. Without trying to undermine your friendship, i think his answering in monosyllables is a sign of growing irritation. Just stand by him and let it flow. You r a good man
Re: Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
I will try . . but I really feel concerned for this person.

He's locked himself up in his house for 3weeks . . no work, nothing. He's all alone holed up.

he's not even picking up other people's calls.

Like I said, I know the feeling so I have stopped calling for a few days now.

But I am truly concerned.  I know him very well to be a cheerful person . .now locked up on the house for 3 weeks . .alone?

I also dont want him to lose his job. Businesses dont care after a while.
Re: Verbal Introvert by ShyOne(f): 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2010
It is very important that you stay in contact with him. Try to contact him at least once or twice a week. Reach out to him. I locked myself away for a few months and it took a very close family member to "force me" to talk, wake, eat, shower, etc,

Your concern for him is your "inner God voice" talking to you and directing you to contact - you are a man - he is a man, there must be a way for you to reach out.

I will pray for you and him.
Re: Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 7:31pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Verbal Introvert by Ifedisky(m): 8:37pm On Oct 15, 2010
This one don pass dont be silly!. Bros, the stage for mollycuddles has passed. You must coerce him to sit up and live. What is he thinking? If he's not on compassionate leave and has not resigned, he MUST go to work. Drag him if u have to. He'll hate u now but later, he'll thank you. He can't wake the dead if he loses his subsistence can he? Drag am!
Re: Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^^

I thought you said earlier that I could be getting him irritated.

See now why I am concerned.
Re: Verbal Introvert by MrBarzini: 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2010
This thread is gay cry
Re: Verbal Introvert by kokoye(m): 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2010
lol

funny.
Re: Verbal Introvert by MrBarzini: 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2010
cool
Re: Verbal Introvert by snthesis(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2010
Tis meant to discourage u from gettin closer-" bac off, I'm not rili in da mood"

Persistence oftenm pa
ys attimes
Re: Verbal Introvert by Ifedisky(m): 6:40am On Oct 16, 2010
kokoye:

^^^

I thought you said earlier that I could be getting him irritated.

See now why I am concerned.
You didn't mention the bit about work did you?
Re: Verbal Introvert by iice(f): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2010
Shy one is right. I'm kinda like her first example, i really have no interest and just wish the person to go away but i'm usually blunt with my answers. I tell the person to beat it when he/she keeps pestering me.

You talk about other things before addressing what you want to talk about.
Make the person comfortable first. . .because he/she prolly has an inkling of what you want to talk about so he/she is tensed up, waiting for you to drop the ball.
Sometimes, mundane stuff helps. . .they don't have to think about what they are going through, they don't wanna feel the pressure to open up, to deal with what is painful.
You get him/her to talk about other stuff with more than one word answers and as soon as you think he/she is comfy enough, you ask or talk whichever way goes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forbidden Crushes! / Need Help On How 2 Win Her Heart. / Wat Can I Do To Make A Girl Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.