Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) (59347 Views)

Is Sowore Protesting For Nigerians Or For Selfish Interest? (photo) / Young Sowore Fighting For Democracy With M.K.O Abiola / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by chijioke17(m): 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Read the person I mentioned with that post before sounding like a hypothetical broken record grin
Just did, my bad, aplogies
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by ElsonMorali: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
tigerclaws:
[s][/s]
[s]gibberish

i don't go after innocent nairalanders contributing to the growth of this forum
i only go after few miscreants and trolls that made it their job to disturb their nairaland peace
so bro if you're in my watch list be rest assured that you've been found guilty of trolling the board
and if you don't change your ways you'll be fixed by the mods i have made it my job to clamp down trolls and miscreants
my friend is clamping down on bet9jaa scammers
i can put someone on my watch list for years
and if I found you repented I'll remove you from my list
one of my achievements was reporting to the mods instantly those posting nairalanders pics without permission

together nairaland will be free from trolls that are determined to destroy it

below is the screenshot of those currently in my list
98% of them have been fixed

desist from breaking nairaland rules and you'll be free

God bless you bro [/s]

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
obailala:
How did he create a monster?
He owns Sahara report, he and Soyinka were respected Nigerians who gave buharis candidacy a legitimate chance at winning the election. Not that I care about Jonathan either.

So let him carry his cross.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by NkayStory(f): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
chiagozien:
That was when he was younger,and was courage as a youth should be.

But,

why then
did yoruba youths disappear on hearing
of just one gun shot,

one gun shot by nigeria police in Agege.both protesters in Badagry,Epe,Ikeja,Ikorodu. Lekki,Mushin and other yoruba villages disappeared.

Calls was going up and down,i almost faint while laughing.

Olaniyi--guy you don hear police and soldiers don dey kill people for agege.

Olatunde--ahaa emii! me i dey mushin,make i go aouse before police reach here,guy call Olanaike and know as e bï for em side.
Call ended.

Olanaiyi---ah guy what up your side.

Olanaike---guy me i dey aouse,i hear navy don fall our people for agege,
i no go come kill me self for revolution.

Olanaiyi---ok guy i dey road to aouse,i come say make a hala you,
ahh guy later e bi like police dey come.
Call end.

grin grin cheesy...lmao!!...this guyooo!

See names!..'Olanaike'. cheesy
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by MachadoPreto: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
dontai:
Yes rot in prison like the great madiba. Am sorry ur lots are cu*se.

What do you know about Madiba!

Just be talking what you don't know.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Elliot2(m): 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
Obaofusa:
God bless yele sowore

I hated this guy before because of his Sahara reporters blackmailing GEJ.

Now seeing this guy his a hero.

All the activists, God bless nmadi kanu also

I'm not an ibo or Yoruba but for young men like this to fight for what they believe even in the face of death we should applaud them

Is not easy many youths nowadays are so scared to even walk in the night, many are on nairaland they're hiding behind keyboard suffering and smiling.

If y'all ever insult this great young men again be sowore , FFK, or nmadi kanu may God punish you
You're a fool if you think Sowore antagonising the clueless one called Gej was wrong.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Conclusion06: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2019
yes...we need more of this guy.......
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by solmusdesigns: 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

Not true. Infact, respected constitutional Lawyer, Femi Falana, said in a recent video that the courts have made judicial statements that nobody is required to inform the police of planned protest. He also stated nowhere in the constitution are people required to inform the police of a planned protest

At no time did Sowore call for the overthrow of Buhari and the word "revolution" has up to 5 different meanings. Protest is a constitutional right.

You are laughable. I do not know of any time Sowore asked anybody to be violent and if he said that he was going to burn himself, are in his mind to know if he was serious? Buhari and his administration are laughable. They have now reduced themselves to chasing people around for what was said rather than what was done.

If Government were to look at what all 200 million Nigerians say, all 200 million would be in jail within one month for saying things that are out of place.

i just they laugh at you people that so much want violence, yeah lets support kanu, zakzaky , shekau and now sowore or prolly anybody uncivil enough to demand his grievances outside the rule of law, because africans must act like a premitive animals that cant follow thier own stated rules, laws and guideline in making a lawfull demand through legislative, judiciary or executive arm of goverment... lets all be stupid na atleast many country are crying for such stupidity
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by obailala(m): 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2019
Netanyahu1:
He owns Sahara report, he and Soyinka were respected Nigerians who gave buharis candidacy a legitimate chance at winning the election. Not that I care about Jonathan either.

So let him carry his cross.
Sowore/Sahara reporters and Wole Soyinka NEVER asked anyone to vote Buhari or APC. The only thing they did was criticize misrule of Jonathan; these same set of people also CONSISTENTLY criticized IBB, Abacha, OBJ and are currently criticizing PMB. So what exactly did they do wrong in criticizing GEJ?.. or did GEJ run a perfect govt undeserving of criticism?

Meanwhile, it's only die hard Jonathan supporters that harbour your irrational grudge against any and everybody who dared to criticize the darling Johnny.

2 Likes

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by ibkonekt(m): 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Poor guy. He will learn. You never fight for people who are comfortable in their misery. If Niggerians were sincere they would have voted him.

Exactly nigerians embrace their misery...theyvare comfortable in it...its a useless fight for a useless people

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Stricklybidness(m): 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
beardedboy:
People always have this belief that all protesters are right and should be given what they want. Unfortunately this isn't correct.

During my NYSC I met a guy, we called him agitator. This guy made me know how most activists think.

According to them, government is a devil and must be fought. "A snake will always be poisonous no matter what" Agitator told me.

I tried to tell him that our leaders are people like us, they are our brothers and we should treat them as such. How can you change people when you treat them like devils and you even call them devils. If love and peace can't get you something, obviously hate and aggression will only make your situation worse.

Then I interviewed many people randomly, "if you had the chance to meet your state governor personally what would you discuss with him?"
Their answers were almost the same: "I'll ask him to give me job" that was the sanest of the answers I got. Many had more absurd responses. To be candid, requesting for a job is not in the interest of the public, it's a personal interest! So you see that we have a culture of selfishness and corruption.

So if an activist had the chance to meet a governor or president, they would ask for a government portfolio. Oshiomole is a good example. If you knew this man's agitation during Obasanjo's era you wouldny expect him to support any government. But here he is today, forming Superman.

I don't blame those politicians much, I blame the hypocrites amongst us who have access to our politicians but hide the truth in exchange for coins. They exist in every tribe.

So ask yourself sincerely, if you were to meet your state governor today, what would you tell him?
Well said brother....nobody is fighting for us instead for their own personal gains...

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by zibya: 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
tigerclaws:
[s][/s]
gibberish

i don't go after innocent nairalanders contributing to the growth of this forum
i only go after few miscreants and trolls that made it their job to disturb their nairaland peace
so bro if you're in my watch list be rest assured that you've been found guilty of trolling the board
and if you don't change your ways you'll be fixed by the mods i have made it my job to clamp down trolls and miscreants
my friend is clamping down on bet9jaa scammers
i can put someone on my watch list for years
and if I found you repented I'll remove you from my list
one of my achievements was reporting to the mods instantly those posting nairalanders pics without permission

together nairaland will be free from trolls that are determined to destroy it

below is the screenshot of those currently in my list
98% of them have been fixed

desist from breaking nairaland rules and you'll be free

God bless you bro
Get the Bleep out of my mention
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by ernieboy(m): 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
Tina26:
there i no real activist in Nigeria. Sowore why are your kids in new york
so be shouldn't give his kids a better life because he is an activist?
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by noble2faith(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
Deomovies:

I swear..... Meanwhile, you can get Latest and Top Rated hundreds of Movies and Series in HD quality into your External drives and PCs at affordable prices. Lagosians and non Lagosians, please help a bro today by patronizing, that's a best gift for Movies Junkies.

Where u base? How much?
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by ernieboy(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

i just they laugh at you people that so much want violence, yeah lets support kanu, zakzaky , shekau and now sowore or prolly anybody uncivil enough to demand his grievances outside the rule of law, because africans must act like a premitive animals that cant follow thier own stated rules, laws and guideline in making a lawfull demand through legislative, judiciary or executive arm of goverment... lets all be stupid na atleast many country are crying for such stupidity
and did APC follow those rules when they were in opposition? did APC not organize and even sponsor protests during gej's tenure?
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by FreeSpirited: 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
Eteka1:
Why did he not call for revolution before or during the election which he contested, why did he congratulate Buhari for his victory, why did he not call for revolution till after his name was not on the Ministerial list? Abeg na question I de ask o!
Oloriburku omo ni e..for asking this useless question. Aiye e ko ni da lorun e. idiot
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by solmusdesigns: 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2019
ernieboy:
and did APC follow those rules when they were in opposition? did APC not organize and even sponsor protests during gej's tenure?

APC lead a protest on " removal of subsidy " and not revolution to remove constituted and democratically elected government...

endorsing this, is like signing a blank cheque, soon another group would demand another thing since buhari's government got bullied by kanu, zakzaki and now sowore..... funny thing about a lawless society is that even fools would have thier way if they can get enough supporters

you know what, i honestly think Nigerians deserve what its wants.. lets overun ourselves with revolution and protest, lets neglect our laws , lets free zakzaky, lets free boko boys for exchange for leah lets give kanu free hand and even get brexit kind of referendum since thats what we like lets test the consequences and know who is who and who can sort his family in a conflict zone
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by FreeSpirited: 2:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
Litmus:
Nigerians have enormous grievances for which nationwide protests are a legitimate expression. However well meaning or sincere to the cause of ordinary Nigerians Sorowore is, he was not the right person to lead or spearhead such protests, which by the way ought to continue in another form. The short sight was probably why many were blind to the disaster in waiting that is the title “Revolution-now”. Sorowores inappropriateness lies in the fact that he stood as a candidate in the last election. His presence therefore as leader of the protest movement was always going to be compromised by his political interest even if all of us are stake holders. At best, Sorowow may be thought of as standing for “A Nation Fare for All project”, which is Political in the party political sense, when what the average Nigerian supporter or and participants in the protests wanted or needed to march for was "an end to the extraordinary ongoing insecurity in the country, implementation of the minimum wage, investment in infrastructure and fulfilment of pre-election manifesto".

The protests needs to go on but this time under another name that is at once the driver of what the people want and leaves no doubt what the people want.

Ode ni e, writing stupid English. Oponu oshi. Why not recommend yourself to be the new person to lead the protest?
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by gidgiddy: 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

It is the right anybody, whether Sowore or Kanu, to protest about anything they want.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by HOPEFULLL: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Sowore is Ijaw, his surname.

Omoleye is his Yoruba name, most Apoi Ijaw bear Yoruba names

grin grin grin grin He is still Yoruba except if ONDO STATE is no longer a Yoruba nation
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by tigerclaws: 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
zibya:
Get the Bleep out of my mention
[/s]
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by olumalcolm(m): 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2019
chiagozien:
That was when he was younger,and was courage as a youth should be.

But,

why then
did yoruba youths disappear on hearing
of just one gun shot,

one gun shot by nigeria police in Agege.both protesters in Badagry,Epe,Ikeja,Ikorodu. Lekki,Mushin and other yoruba villages disappeared.

Calls was going up and down,i almost faint while laughing.

Olaniyi--guy you don hear police and soldiers don dey kill people for agege.

Olatunde--ahaa emii! me i dey mushin,make i go aouse before police reach here,guy call Olanaike and know as e bï for em side.
Call ended.

Olanaiyi---ah guy what up your side.

Olanaike---guy me i dey aouse,i hear navy don fall our people for agege,
i no go come kill me self for revolution.

Olanaiyi---ok guy i dey road to aouse,i come say make a hala you,
ahh guy later e bi like police dey come.
Call end.
And u think dis is funny right? dnt worry sebi na only yoruba's dey suffer d effects of "next level". continue u hear, e go soon reach ur backyard, den we will see what ur utterances wuld be by den. angry
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by zibya: 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
tigerclaws:
[s][/s]
Trash
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by tigerclaws: 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
zibya:
Trash
[/s]
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by FisifunKododada: 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
cheesy You will never see am Igbo man doing this, why? cheesy
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by tigerclaws: 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:

What do you know about Madiba!

Just be talking what you don't know.
[/s]
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by rabzy: 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
Spatta:
Sometimes it is hard to enlighten Nigerians, especially the Youths who are running around with Davido and Whizkids, It is Your future Sowore is fighting for while you seat on the fence and sometimes insult him
The Guy has been unrelenting, check out his several videos and listen to him intelligently
Unfortunately George Akinyemi Iwilade AKA Africa was murdered, Ask any Product of Obafemi Awolowo University some of them are Fathers and grandfathers today, "Africa" as he is called is another Product of IFE with a lion heart, The Duo conducted several protest in Nigeria when some of you were in your mothers womb fighting to give you a better Nigeria we had a lot of them in the 80s and 90s

Sowore seemed to be the Last man standing as many of them have retire into adulthood and selfish ambition
I weep for Nigeria when i read the comments of the young People who aught to be on the street by now chanting Buhari and all the currupt element must go to ensure Sowore gets released
If this guy dies, you will weep and it might take another 100 years to find one so bold as him
Sowore is on a mission to Liberate Nigeria from the claws of wicked men that have held us back for too long

I sight Lanre Legacy (SUG President OAU) in that picture too, George Iwilade (Sec OAU SUG) two aluta products of Ife and one of Unilag...where is Legacy now sef..the guy has melted into the masses

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2019
obailala:

Sowore/Sahara reporters and Wole Soyinka NEVER asked anyone to vote Buhari or APC. The only thing they did was criticize misrule of Jonathan; these same set of people also CONSISTENTLY criticized IBB, Abacha, OBJ and are currently criticizing PMB. So what exactly did they do wrong in criticizing GEJ?.. or did GEJ run a perfect govt undeserving of criticism?

Meanwhile, it's only die hard Jonathan supporters that harbour your irrational grudge against any and everybody who dared to criticize the darling Johnny.
Did I hear you say irrational? Well I answered your quote because I thought you wanted to know the reason for my declaration, but obviously you are a buhari online army looking for how to convince people that he is not a mistake. Even though I don’t live in your climate I invest in your climate and after losing 50% of my investment because buhari decided to form a government 6 months after taking office, its only sane for me to be pissed off at him, I have met a couple of people none Nigerians (men in their 60s and 70s who all their lives invested at least 40% of their portfolio in Nigerian bonds)who are unaware of the difference in culture, religion ,or tribe between Jonathan and buhari, they all agree that Buharis first 4 years has been the worst economic performer in 20 years .

Jonathan on the other hand ran the worse corrupt regime in the history of Nigeria, in my opinion, but that Sowore and More especially Soyinka should have known better . They should have given that election the Pilate treatment, considering that buhari is not a new comer to the polity and Soyinka was old enough to know there is a reason Fela called Buhari animal. This same president presided over a bad economy in the 80s and his actions cost us visa free status with United Kingdom earlier than necessary. If you know a lot of people, especially most that don’t have a mind of their own will look up to you before they cast their votes, then you should be careful not to criticize people with bias mindset and complete disregard for history, Its only a foolish person that would make a mistake the 1980s and choose to repeat it in 2015 and somehow expect a different result.

If Soyinka like let him go and lead a protest, he would find himself in jail too, we are all animals but humans are still more superior than the rest. Soyinka and sowore are humans, Jonathan is a human and also a clueless thief, maybe by association I’m not sure, Buhari on the other hand is an animal and I owe you and him no apologies that.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by obailala(m): 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
Netanyahu1:
Did I hear you say irrational? Well I answered your quote because I thought you wanted to know the reason for my declaration, but obviously you a are buhari online army looking for how to convince people that he is not a mistake. The even though I don’t live in your climate I invest in your climate and after losing 50% of my investment because buhari decided to form a government 6 months after taking office its only sane for me to be pissed off at him, I have met a couple of people none Nigerians (men in their 60s and 70s who all their live invested at least 40% of their portfolio in Nigerian bonds)who are unaware of the difference in culture, religion ,or tribe between Jonathan and buhari, they all agree that Buharis first 4 years has been the worst economic performer in 20 years .

Jonathan on the other hand ran the worse corrupt regime in the history of Nigeria in my opinion, but that Sowore and More especially Soyinka should have known better . They should have taken the given that election the Pilate treatment considering that buhari is not a new comer to the polity and Soyinka was old enough to know there is a reason Fela call Buhari animal. This same presided over a bad economy in the 80s and his actions cost us visa free status with United Kingdom earlier than necessary. If you know a lot of people, especially most that don’t have a mind of their own will look up to you before they cast their votes then you should be careful not to does one thing in 1980s and chose to repeat it in 2015 and somehow expect a different result.

If Soyinka like let him go and lead a protest, he would find himself in jail we are all animals but humans are still more superior than the rest. Soyinka and sowore humans, Jonathan is a human and also a clueless thief maybe by association I’m not sure, Buhari on the other hand is an animal and I owe you and him no apologies that.
Here we go again. Another long rant about how "GEJ was a better president (the best thing after sliced bread) and therefor should never have been criticized by any right minded homosapien."

Oga please wake up from this your long delusion, dust 2015 off yourself and move on with your life. Irrespective of whether the current president is bad or worse or even an animal, that doesn't necessarily mean GEJ's presidency was a model to be praised by right thinking humans. So quit this your needless, emotion driven vilification of those who have consistently been critical of every bad government.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
obailala:
Here we go again. Another long rant about how "GEJ was a better president (the best thing after sliced bread) and therefor should never have been criticized by any right minded homosapien."

Oga please wake up from this your long delusion, dust 2015 off yourself and move on with your life. Irrespective of whether the current president is bad or worse or even an animal, that doesn't necessarily mean GEJ's presidency was a model to be praised by right thinking humans. So quit this your needless, emotion driven vilification of those who have consistently been critical of every bad government.
Emotional ? Pity for yourselves not me, like I said , I don’t live in your country, so the poverty and insecurities have nothing on me . Cry for yourselves. I stand with Fela . My point is that he’s still an animal and that’s why his critics are in jail and you you will join Sowore in jail when try to do same .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mary Efeturi: Amaechi Holds Me Hostage With Military, Wants Me To Write Results / Bayo Omoboriowo Shows Off His Family - Wife And Daughter (Pictures) / Musa Wada Emerges PDP Guber Candidate In Kogi As Dino Melaye Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.