Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,547 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) (59342 Views)

Is Sowore Protesting For Nigerians Or For Selfish Interest? (photo) / Young Sowore Fighting For Democracy With M.K.O Abiola / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Paxie55: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2019
donaldde2:

Why would i force you? and why would i go against Biafra dats fighting for dia freedom..

u are just putting personal against yoruba people as if they were against Biara.

You guys don fight for biafra and didnt work, now sowore call for revolution but u call it yoruba fight. Dont worry, let house continue domi nate. have a blessed day my broda from east
Nonsense. You didn't see where I commended his bravery.
As you felt indifferent about Biafra, that's how I felt indifferent about your zoo revolution. Few months ago, you would have chosen a better leader, but you didn't cos of one man's personal gain. Rather you people cussed Igbos for telling you guys the dangers behind voting a terrorist. Una never see anything.

This next level most be completed.
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Seventy7kings: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2019
brexit:
He should follow due process, but if he had won the last presidential election I don't think he will be asking for this. Nigerians are known to behave in this way, records show that some of these so called activists are retired campus cultists and they transfer campus rascalism to the larger society
yes
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

He played himself the very moment he made inciteful declaration tapes, and for your information all protest require consent of the state police commisioner or it would be termed unlawful gathering... mandela and all people you mentioned where fighting for human right that has already been institutionalized through an international un treaty, sowore is fighting to disrupt democratic governance which no international body would support...

a simple visit to his lawyers office before making any declaration would have given him little sense on what to say and how to say it without breaking any law
this is the most senseless comment so far... before I proceed, not all protests require police consent because if such protests were not in the interest of the government, protesters won't get any permit. The Mandela you mentioned orchestrated a revolution march and protest which led into his incarceration for over 3 decades and at last, his country got the freedom he fought for. do you know sowore at all? Do you realise how exposed and learned he is? All your suggestions must have been weighed by him before going on the street. Let the yeye government keep him for one week and the real revolution that will split nigeria will begin. The international community are watching with keen interest as well cos they have advised same government and raised alarm on the issues raised prior to now. Only a mad person would say he's happy with the current situation in nigeria. We have never had it so bad. Before you attack me I voted Buhari. The truth is , he's not the one in charge. Someone who's hale and hearty is still finding it difficult to tackle such a menace as what's staring us in the face, not to talk of someone who's sick. Over 9m Nigerians including yourself are unemployed. Many more are engaged but earning peanuts yet, our law makers are highest earners in the world in a country called the poorest. Last year, a contractor from a fed govt hospital was asked to see us in Lagos to buy some devices. He's a fulani man. He diverted his course and headed china, flooding the whole place with Chinese fake equipment all which have packed up now. Those doctors couldn't say anything. Their job is to recommend and use whatever is brought to them. Now, if tomorrow someone is saying there's no equipment to use in such a hospital, they'd say it's a lie. Aisha went to state house clinic, where 32bn naira of tax payers money was votedyet, no single equipment was functional, not even a single xray machine was working....where did the 32bn naira go ? The hospital is on 4 plots of land. No single development is seen there and that's just one of the government sectors...finance, defence, force, etc are also there, where wrong things are happening daily yet they say there's no corruption in nigeria. Insecurity is a commonplace amongst us. Fulani herdsmen kill and maim daily but the government would down play it. They never believed they were heresmen killing and kidnapping across the country until they killed a politician's daughter recently and those who saw them and escaped could tell their stories, that they were hersemen because of their look and accent. As if that wasnt enough, another attack was directed at a moving bus last week and one of those who escaped narrowly confirmed they were hersemen...then the govt kept quiet on that. How long are we going to continue in this situation...and you expect everybody to keep quiet? You must he joking.

3 Likes

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by follock007(m): 11:02am On Aug 07, 2019
Doesn't change that fact that you are drunk with a wine of revolution to nothing... I don't mean to offend but it is uncalled for, mate.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Lovelive: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2019
MachadoPreto:
This Agidi will not get him anywhere in modern day Nigeria

Is when you have followers you can't fight.

Social media followers Sowore has. On ground, he has close to nothing.

He will just rot in prison. The people he is claiming to fight for don't care.
Liar Mo.
ZON.B
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Otunba2004(m): 11:04am On Aug 07, 2019
"we've come to Bury the military" could you see that statement made by Yele Sowore then during the military era now this is my question to those of you saying government would not fold his hand while Sowore said" he would brought Buhari out of Aso rock"see what he said during military regime while military did not jail or kill him but we are now in democracy not military era of dictatorship,,, But now Buhari DSS arrested Sowore while some of you here on nairaland said Buhari did the right thing, I pray for Buhari followers bandits, fulani herdsmen, boko haram, kidnappers will visit your families so soon in Jesus mighty name

2 Likes

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by KanuSE: 11:04am On Aug 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Sowore is Ijaw, his surname.

Omoleye is his Yoruba name, most Apoi Ijaw bear Yoruba names

What's the meaning of Sowore in Ijaw language?
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by KanuSE: 11:05am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

[s]surely trash to a dunce, but a reasonable person thinks of consequences before acting, but arrogant fools act first[/s]

Trash
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Lovelive: 11:06am On Aug 07, 2019
CalabarPikin:
His dream of becoming d President of Nigeria coming closer than expected.... cool

I concur.
I just thought about it.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Lovelive: 11:09am On Aug 07, 2019
ElsonMorali:

I know there are a lot of teenagers, milenials and indomie generation on Nairaland, so here's your assignment:

Go online or ask your parents for information and list all the Nigerian activists that have been and are still in Nigeria engaging the government on behalf of all Nigerians and check their ethnicity.

After you've done that, cover your face in shame.

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Lovelive: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2019
Spatta:
Sometimes it is hard to enlighten Nigerians, especially the Youths who are running around with Davido and Whizkids, It is Your future Sowore is fighting for while you seat on the fence and sometimes insult him
The Guy has been unrelenting, check out his several videos and listen to him intelligently
Unfortunately George Akinyemi Iwilade AKA Africa was murdered, Ask any Product of Obafemi Awolowo University some of them are Fathers and grandfathers today, "Africa" as he is called is another Product of IFE with a lion heart, The Duo conducted several protest in Nigeria when some of you were in your mothers womb fighting to give you a better Nigeria we had a lot of them in the 80s and 90s

Sowore seemed to be the Last man standing as many of them have retire into adulthood and selfish ambition
I weep for Nigeria when i read the comments of the young People who aught to be on the street by now chanting Buhari and all the currupt element must go to ensure Sowore gets released
If this guy dies, you will weep and it might take another 100 years to find one so bold as him
Sowore is on a mission to Liberate Nigeria from the claws of wicked men that have held us back for too long

Gbam
Nothing more to add
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by solmusdesigns: 11:14am On Aug 07, 2019
fairfora:
[s] this is the most senseless comment so far... before I proceed, not all protests require police consent because if such protests were not in the interest of the government, protesters won't get any permit. The Mandela you mentioned orchestrated a revolution march and protest which led into his incarceration for over 3 decades and at last, his country got the freedom he fought for. do you know sowore at all? Do you realise how exposed and learned he is? All your suggestions must have been weighed by him before going on the street. Let the yeye government keep him for one week and the real revolution that will split nigeria will begin. The international community are watching with keen interest as well cos they have ad used same government and raised alarm in the issues raised prior to now. Only a mad person would say he's happy with the current situation in nigeria. We have never had it so bad. Before you attack me I voted Buhari. The truth is , he's not the one in charge. Someone who's hale and hearty is still finding it difficult to tackle such a menace as what's staring us in the face, not to talk of someone who's sick. Over 9m Nigerians including yourself are unemployed. Many more are engaged but earning peanuts yet, our law makers are highest earners in the world in a country called the poorest. Last year, a contractor from a fed govt hospital was asked to see us in Lagos to buy some devices. He's a fulani man. He diverted his course and headed china, flooding the whole place with Chinese fake equipment all which have packed up now. Those doctors couldn't say anything. Their job is to recommend and use whatever is brought to them. Now, if tomorrow someone is saying there's no equipment to use in such a hospital, they'd say it's a lie. Aisha went to state house clinic, where 32bn naira of tax payers money was votedyet, no single equipment was functional, not even a single xray machine was working....where did the 32bn naira go ? The hospital is on 4 plots of land. No single development is seen there and that's just one of the government sectors...finance, defence, force, etc are also there, where wrong things are happening daily yet they say there's no corruption in nigeria. Insecurity is a commonplace amongst us. Fulani herdsmen kill and maim daily but the government would down play it. They never believed they were heresmen killing and kidnapping across the country until they killed a politician's daughter recently and those who saw them and escaped could tell their stories, that they were hersemen because of their look and accent. As if that wasnt enough, another attacked was directed at a moving bus last week and one of those who escaped narrowly confirmed they were hersemen...then the govt kept quiet on that. How long are we going to continue in this situation...and you expect everybody to keep quiet? You must he joking. [/s]

trash and noise,... you feel if everybody start ignoring the law you would be save abi.. you think crazy northerners cant start something similar? you feel if sowore had don this during a more sensible government like General obasanjo's he would be alive? you people just do anyhow since you know deep down buhari is a weakling
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by KanuSE: 11:14am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

He played himself the very moment he made inciteful declaration tapes, and for your information all protest require consent of the state police commisioner or it would be termed unlawful gathering... mandela and all people you mentioned where fighting for human right that has already been institutionalized through an international un treaty, sowore is fighting to disrupt democratic governance which no international body would support...

a simple visit to his lawyers office before making any declaration would have given him little sense on what to say and how to say it without breaking any law

@first bolded,

Have you ever tried to explore/test the legality of such instrument with regards to 'freedom to protest, freedom of speech & freedom of assembly' as enshrined in the Nigerian constitution?

@2nd bolded,

This is where you shot yourself in the foot. Every sane/intelligent Nigerian will laugh at this coz we all know what Sowore's struggle is about.

I know your type grin - spanner in the works. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Lovelive: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2019
BleedTears:

Because his children needs to be save in order to continue from where he stopped should he die on the mission because he knows fully well that you will never continue if him and his children got killed.

So the children are his plan B

Why you answered the buharidiot ZON.B ?
He can't never get ur lecture right.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Lovelive: 11:18am On Aug 07, 2019
cozy7:

I am a supporter of sowore which is why I'm happy he was locked up, I'll tell u why....
Locking him has only made n his (our) agenda popular. I beleanf and know that if he contests next general elections, he stands a better chance of winning..... ONLY THEN WILL NIGERIA BECOME A TRUE COUNTRY. MAY GOD HELP US

Amiiina
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Otunba2004(m): 11:19am On Aug 07, 2019
fairfora:
this is the most senseless comment so far... before I proceed, not all protests require police consent because if such protests were not in the interest of the government, protesters won't get any permit. The Mandela you mentioned orchestrated a revolution march and protest which led into his incarceration for over 3 decades and at last, his country got the freedom he fought for. do you know sowore at all? Do you realise how exposed and learned he is? All your suggestions must have been weighed by him before going on the street. Let the yeye government keep him for one week and the real revolution that will split nigeria will begin. The international community are watching with keen interest as well cos they have ad used same government and raised alarm in the issues raised prior to now. Only a mad person would say he's happy with the current situation in nigeria. We have never had it so bad. Before you attack me I voted Buhari. The truth is , he's not the one in charge. Someone who's hale and hearty is still finding it difficult to tackle such a menace as what's staring us in the face, not to talk of someone who's sick. Over 9m Nigerians including yourself are unemployed. Many more are engaged but earning peanuts yet, our law makers are highest earners in the world in a country called the poorest. Last year, a contractor from a fed govt hospital was asked to see us in Lagos to buy some devices. He's a fulani man. He diverted his course and headed china, flooding the whole place with Chinese fake equipment all which have packed up now. Those doctors couldn't say anything. Their job is to recommend and use whatever is brought to them. Now, if tomorrow someone is saying there's no equipment to use in such a hospital, they'd say it's a lie. Aisha went to state house clinic, where 32bn naira of tax payers money was votedyet, no single equipment was functional, not even a single xray machine was working....where did the 32bn naira go ? The hospital is on 4 plots of land. No single development is seen there and that's just one of the government sectors...finance, defence, force, etc are also there, where wrong things are happening daily yet they say there's no corruption in nigeria. Insecurity is a commonplace amongst us. Fulani herdsmen kill and maim daily but the government would down play it. They never believed they were heresmen killing and kidnapping across the country until they killed a politician's daughter recently and those who saw them and escaped could tell their stories, that they were hersemen because of their look and accent. As if that wasnt enough, another attacked was directed at a moving bus last week and one of those who escaped narrowly confirmed they were hersemen...then the govt kept quiet on that. How long are we going to continue in this situation...and you expect everybody to keep quiet? You must he joking.
you said it all my brother God will continue to bless you, buhari followers are so blind to the extent their brain is not working anymore they can't just reason as human being anymore, I voted for Buhari in 2015 but after 2 years I realized this man doesn't have what it takes to govern this nation, no focus, no vision we are just in the wilderness without any direction of coming out of wrong place we are, so since then I lost interest on his leadership, those supporting this government are hypocrite, they will tell you Buhari is working underground asking them to state his achievements starting beat around the Bush, leave them my brother

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by GeneralPula: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2019
chiagozien:
if you like......

Normal Online Eboz eediot! Them ask you a question, you couldn’t provide an answer!
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 07, 2019
The picture doesn't say how BRAVE SOWORE IS....IT SHOWS HOW BAD NIGERIA HAS BEEN AND HAVE NOT CHANGED EVER SINCE....WHICH MEANS THERE'S NO REDEMPTION THE ONLY ANSWER IS DISINTEGRATION

YOUR POLITICIANS ARE GIVING YOU HOPE OF A BETTER NIGERIA BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT THEIR JOB TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM

Am not as old as SOWORE but the little I have lived and the history I have read made me conclude Nigeria is IRREDEEMABLE
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by donaldde2: 11:23am On Aug 07, 2019
Paxie55:

Nonsense. You didn't see where I commended his bravery.
As you felt indifferent about Biafra, that's how I felt indifferent about your zoo revolution. Few months ago, you would have chosen a better leader, but you didn't cos of one man's personal gain. Rather you people cussed Igbos for telling you guys the dangers behind voting a terrorist. Una never see anything.

This next level most be completed.
Nonsense.

U ARE WRONG MAN... AND WHO TOLD YOU THAT 100% YORUBA SUPPORT THIS NEXT LEVEL U ARE TALKING ABOUT.. MOST YOURBA STATE VOTED FOR PDP AND NEVER, THEY NEVER GO AGAINST PETER OBI...

APC SHOULDNT HAVE AV ANY VOTE FROM EAST HADNT BEEN ALL U COME OUT FOR PETER OBI.. GET SENSE AND STOP ALL DIS TRIBALISM AND HATRED MAN
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by tigerclaws: 11:23am On Aug 07, 2019
GeneralPula:

Normal Online Eboz eediot! Them ask you a question, you couldn’t provide an answer!
mynd44 lalasticlala seun obinoscopy
rule 2
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by KanuSE: 11:23am On Aug 07, 2019
tigerclaws:
probably he converted to Islam

Trash
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by tigerclaws: 11:23am On Aug 07, 2019
GeneralPula:

mynd44 lalasticlala seun
rule 2 please
GeneralPula:

mynd44 lalasticlala
rule 2
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by CaptainFM1: 11:26am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

Sowore and Nnamdi kanu are two misguided people... why cant they just hire a lawyer during their planing phase, it saddens me seeing people play into Buhari's net.... same way Baba Fela played into buhari's net

Has Buhari ever obeyed court order?
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Lovelive: 11:29am On Aug 07, 2019
fkj950ax:

If I had a million naira, I would have given you 850k for this comment. God Bless you and all that you touch.
The IGNORANCE in the nation is just alarming.

God less you too. The more you give, the more you receive.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by fortran12: 11:30am On Aug 07, 2019
tigerclaws:
probably he converted to Islam
Gani is a muslim name
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by fkj950ax(m): 11:32am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

since you agree that he needs to be charged to court, my next question is how would you do that without an 1;arrest, 2; a thorough investigation through vetting of his phone logs, travel history, financial transaction etc,3; through building of a case file to present to a court capturing his statements, and witnesses,5; if after making an arrest of a prominent candidate of a presidential election wont you issue a public statement?
PS; this isnt about right or wrong as both parties are actually right until a court pronouncement, but procedures that leads to the court proceeding is what we are educating ourselves as concerned citizens

Investigation and evidence gathering are supposed to be done before an Arrest. Not after. You can't arrest everyone on allegations. There are extrenous cases though.
The constitution demands to be charged within 24hours. DSS has approached a court to allow them to hold him for 90 Days (3 months) while they conduct an investigation. That is an abuse of court process and DSS powers. The Terrorism Law says 30 Days after 24hours, and an application for 30 days after every 30 days elapses for a maximum of 3 extensions.
The DSS of Police aren't supposed to give any press statement until after he is charged. He hasn't been charged. The reasons for arresting him is all over the news.
If there are foreign financial transaction traced to him, WHO leaked it since a formal charge and press statement hasn't happened?
The constitution doesn't recognize a Presidential Candidate. He is a bloody Nigerian like the rest of us. There is a President. Then citizens. The DSS should not be under pressure to because he contested an election. Wrong reason

Having a dissenting opinion is not illegal in Nigeria. He, Sowore, called for a Revolution. Could it have been a revolution of thoughts? of process? I want these proven.

I have seen what the Revolution Demands were, and in it, there was no overthrowing of the present government that was voted in and pronounced by INEC I can share if you want me to.

Sowore can be guilty of many things, but it should not be a vindictive guilty verdict.

One A.A.S. on Live ChannelsTV gave the Government 30 days or there will be chaos to rescind a decision that Nigerians clamored for, and no arrest, investigation or treason charge was made against him. These are the baggage that makes this government susceptible. Let it be a level playing field.

If you threaten to commit Self-immolation (which is an EXTREME FORM of protest) can anyone point me to where it is a crime in any of the Nigerian law?
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by steve6: 11:34am On Aug 07, 2019
royal200:
Now some of the so called youth,the elder of this fucking country will say sowore is fighting for himself, its Yoruba fight only,it was because he lose election,its was he doesnt get ministerial appointment,this and that.This country is beyond repairs,mumu youth allover.How many of your elders has started fighting for common man since he was young and are still on it...

Respect for this comment Sir !
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by KanuSE: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

[s]trash and noise,... you feel if everybody start ignoring the law you would be save abi.. you think crazy northerners cant start something similar? you feel if sowore had don this during a more sensible government like General obasanjo's he would be alive? you people just do anyhow since you know deep down buhari is a weakling[/s]

You're not making any sense.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by SmartTeck: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2019
Nice1

Please buy scanner mouse o!

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by tigerclaws: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

You're not making any sense.
[/s]
claptrap
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by tigerclaws: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2019
GeneralPula:

cc
mynd44 lalasticlala seun
rule 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mary Efeturi: Amaechi Holds Me Hostage With Military, Wants Me To Write Results / Bayo Omoboriowo Shows Off His Family - Wife And Daughter (Pictures) / Musa Wada Emerges PDP Guber Candidate In Kogi As Dino Melaye Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.