Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) (59334 Views)

Is Sowore Protesting For Nigerians Or For Selfish Interest? (photo) / Young Sowore Fighting For Democracy With M.K.O Abiola / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Defenderalert(m): 10:26am On Aug 07, 2019
I like his spirit and determination. Na Naija polithievecians no go allow this young man reach promise land.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by PapaBaby: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2019
royal200:
Now some of the so called youth,the elder of this fucking country will say sowore is fighting for himself, its Yoruba fight only,it was because he lose election,its was he doesnt get ministerial appointment,this and that.This country is beyond repairs,mumu youth allover.How many of your elders has started fighting for common man since he was young and are still on it...
Gbajabiamila!
This is the best analysis so far.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Rajiokazaki(m): 10:28am On Aug 07, 2019
he will join a league of very few brave and selfless Nigerians ..........but it's a fact that Yoruba land is the seat of activism in Nigeria..
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Paxie55: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2019
donaldde2:

Fighting for Revelation ( One nigeria ) is quiet diff from fight for Biafra ( separation), okay? Common sense is not common
Oga, like I said, I'm not interested in una Zoo matter abeg. I believe I'm not the only one feeling indifferent about all these nonsense. After all, y'all have a chance to send the terrorist back to daura, what did most of you do? You let religion and ethnicity coupled with hatred, burning of votes by tinubu thugs in lagos, killing of Igbos in Lagos cos of one man's politic gain amongs other atrocities becloud your senses of reasoning.
Nothing concern me abeg, make una handle una Zoo matter in peace. Most of you have already started dissociating yourselves from Him simply cos it didn't turn out well, some of you even attacked Soyinka and Gani for speaking for him, I was so shocked when I saw Yoruba people's comment both here and FB scolding and vilifying Gabi and Soyinka. If you can't support your own, how do you expect others to even dare do the same? You guys are totally divided, and I can't help it, we have our own agenda too, which all of you hate to hear or see accomplished.

Mind your business lemme mind mine. I wish he get the necessary support from his people, though I sincerely doubt!
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 07, 2019
An analog brain cannot lead a digital youth population
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Julietekekwe1: 10:29am On Aug 07, 2019
royal200:
Now some of the so called youth,the elder of this fucking country will say sowore is fighting for himself, its Yoruba fight only,it was because he lose election,its was he doesnt get ministerial appointment,this and that.This country is beyond repairs,mumu youth allover.How many of your elders has started fighting for common man since he was young and are still on it...
I will never pity for sowore because he was among those that enthrone BUHARI
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by UncleJudax(m): 10:31am On Aug 07, 2019
las las Sowore no be fake. but i doubt Nigerians deserve him.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by ayobaye(m): 10:31am On Aug 07, 2019
royal200:

Your reasoning faculty is very high. More people like you are expected on this platform who are reasonable, sensible and not bigots. Nigeria needs a new touch.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Adakintroy2: 10:31am On Aug 07, 2019
uglodoh:

How many youth did Jonathan invite to the conference. Sowore would have invited himself to the conference?

Lol. What's there a call for a civil conference or not?
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by GMbuharii: 10:31am On Aug 07, 2019
Good. But what naija needs is far from revolution. Who will join the revolution,is it the northerners who are the major problem of the country?
Revolution brings about total Change...changes in the constitution,in the style of govt,in the current structure...all these are in favour of the backward north today and they want it so forever.

Again,when you empower the enemy,you become the enemy as well.

The yorubas fall into this category, unfortunately and sadly
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by solmusdesigns: 10:32am On Aug 07, 2019
fkj950ax:

You cant say "he should have a lawyer at his pre-planning..." Should pre-supposes he didn't. You can't say this with certainty, can you? Were you part of the planning?
ElZakzaky was in court and then later detention against the Federal Government, not Kaduna State Government.

Demanding a change in government is not illegal in the ambit of the Nigerian constitution). Until DSS proves in a Court of Law, you and the Government cannot state that he threatened a change through undemocratic means. That is convicting him before his day before a judge

Is he being charged for attempted suicide? Then how is that an undemocratic change of government...

As I said, don't let us all play and replay the narrative of the State (DSS, FG and PoliceNG) by re-echoing what they said.

PS: I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM AT THE LAST ELECTION. I AM NOT HIS FAN. I STAND WITH RULE OF LAW AS THE CONSTITUTION SPELLS IT OUT AND NOT AS THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT INTERPRETES IT

most of you guys sound funny, so i will put it to you as a straight question... if you where a democratically elected president and a presidential candidate who lost an election and currently own a media platform that reaches millions instantly, went live on air to call for an unconstituitional change of government(through other means without election or impeachment but protest and civil disobedience), made a threat to set him self ablaze if his objectives aren't met... what would be your line of action be given that egypt, libya, sudan had all undergone undemocratic revolution with lives lost yet no meaningful change but agony? give buhari your very own advice on what to do incase you have dss at your disposal.

and to clearify you, zakzaky is in court against the state government of kaduna, you can read the charge sheet online and lastly DSS or any state Secuirity Service outfit in the world has the right to detain anybody seen with a treasonous fugitive like kanu and someone who foolishly got taped instigating democratic governance collapse through civil disobedience
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by xarm(m): 10:32am On Aug 07, 2019
Sowore my main man, i never regret voting for him in the last election.

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by TemmyT002(m): 10:35am On Aug 07, 2019
Oh boy, my respect for this guy don grow o
Make them free am o

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by GMbuharii: 10:35am On Aug 07, 2019
The UN should eBay away this bloody zoo in their next meeting. grin
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by fkj950ax(m): 10:35am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

most of you guys sound funny, so i will put it to you as a straight question... if you where a democratically elected president and a presidential candidate who lost an election and currently own a media platform that reaches millions instantly, went live on air to call for an unconstituitional change of government(through other means without election or impeachment but protest and civil disobedience), made a threat to set him self ablaze if his objectives aren't met... what would be your line of action be given that egypt, libya, sudan had all undergone undemocratic revolution with lives lost yet no meaningful change but agony? give buhari your very own advice on what to do incase you have dss at your disposal.

and to clearify you, zakzaky is in court against the state government of kaduna, you can read the charge sheet online

You are RIGHT on all counts. I am wrong then.

My line of action will be to wait for the Courts and not influence the public by releasing specific statements which you quoted, and many people are quoting. You are all using the same exact words and phrases.

Even DSS that picked him up hasn't charged him to any court. Where did you all get these allegations levied against him? Haba
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Freeman59: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Poor guy. He will learn. You never fight for people who are comfortable in their misery. If Niggerians were sincere they would have voted him.

I agree with you. Nigerians are too comfortable with their misery. I would have given up after seeing them vote for the useless Fulani herdsman in charge

2 Likes

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2019
early001:
Don't trust Yoruba man...he may backslide and take bribe later...that's their culture...betrayer just like awolowo

Soro lo so sile yen abi isokuso. Oponu ni ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by donaldde2: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2019
Paxie55:

Oga, like I said, I'm not interested in una Zoo matter abeg. I believe I'm not the only one feeling indifferent about all these nonsense. After all, y'all have a chance to send the terrorist back to daura, what did most of you do? You let religion and ethnicity coupled with hatred, burning of votes by tinubu thugs in lagos, killing of Igbos in Lagos cos of one man's politic gain amongs other atrocities becloud your senses of reasoning.
Nothing concern me abeg, make una handle una Zoo matter in peace. Most of you have already started dissociating yourselves from Him simply cos it didn't turn out well, some of you even attacked Soyinka and Gani for speaking for him, I was so shocked when I saw Yoruba people's comment both here and FB scolding and vilifying Gabi and Soyinka. If you can't support your own, how do you expect others to even dare do the same? You guys are totally divided, and I can't help it, we have our own agenda too, which all of you hate to hear or see accomplished.

Mind your business lemme mind mine. I wish he get the necessary support from his people, though I sincerely doubt!

I and you also knw the existence of dissociating that exist In Biafra when Kanu was fighting for it, or do you want to deny that? Not all (Igbo) people are in support of kanu, dont come here and begin talk dat dia is no indifferent among your people again..

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Iamgrey5(m): 10:41am On Aug 07, 2019
chijioke17:

This has nothing to do with the post, don't be a tribal bigot at every opportunity, there is no gain to it
I am not a bigot, what I have stated is the reality!
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Paxie55: 10:42am On Aug 07, 2019
donaldde2:

I and you also knw the existence of dissociating that exist In Biafra when Kanu was fighting for it, or do you want to deny that? Not all (Igbo) people are in support of kanu, dont come here and begin talk dat dia is no indifferent among your people again..
Oga, come and force me to support sowore.
Did you support NK when he was in prison?
Biko, hapum aka.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by James4bright(m): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2019
I respect this man, true leadership traits. A strong afonja he is, the only respectable afonja there is. I stand with Sowore. #FreeSowore.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Lovelive: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2019
Obaofusa:
God bless yele sowore

I hated this guy before because of his Sahara reporters blackmailing GEJ.

Now seeing this guy his a hero.

All the activists, God bless nmadi kanu also

I'm not an ibo or Yoruba but for young men like this to fight for what they believe even in the face of death we should applaud them

Is not easy many youths nowadays are so scared to even walk in the night, many are on nairaland they're hiding behind keyboard suffering and smiling.

If y'all ever insult this great young men again be sowore , FFK, or nmadi kanu may God punish you
Isee
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by femy080: 10:47am On Aug 07, 2019
brexit:
He should follow due process, but if he had won the last presidential election I don't think he will be asking for this. Nigerians are known to behave in this way, records show that some of these so called activists are retired campus cultists and they transfer campus rascalism to the larger society
what are you saying now

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Litmus: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2019
Nigerians have enormous grievances for which nationwide protests are a legitimate expression. However well meaning or sincere to the cause of ordinary Nigerians Sowore is, he was not the right person to lead or spearhead such protests, which by the way ought to continue in another form. The short sight was probably why many were blind to the disaster in waiting that is the title “Revolution-now”. Sowore inappropriateness lies in the fact that he stood as a candidate in the last election. His presence therefore as leader of the protest movement was always going to be compromised by his political interest even if all of us are stake holders. At best, Sowore may be thought of as standing for “A Nation Fare for All project”, which is Political in the party political sense, when what the average Nigerian supporter or and participants in the protests wanted or needed to march for was "an end to the extraordinary ongoing insecurity in the country, implementation of the minimum wage, investment in infrastructure and fulfilment of pre-election manifesto".

The protests needs to go on but this time under another name that is at once the driver of what the people want and leaves no doubt what the people want.
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by solmusdesigns: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2019
fkj950ax:

You are RIGHT on all counts. I am wrong then.

My line of action will be to wait for the Courts and not influence the public by releasing specific statements which you quoted, and many people are quoting. You are all using the same exact words and phrases.

Even DSS that picked him up hasn't charged him to any court. Where did you all get these allegations levied against him? Haba

since you agree that he needs to be charged to court, my next question is how would you do that without an 1;arrest, 2; a thorough investigation through vetting of his phone logs, travel history, financial transaction etc,3; through building of a case file to present to a court capturing his statements, and witnesses,5; if after making an arrest of a prominent candidate of a presidential election wont you issue a public statement?
PS; this isnt about right or wrong as both parties are actually right until a court pronouncement, but procedures that leads to the court proceeding is what we are educating ourselves as concerned citizens
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Lovelive: 10:50am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

Sowore and Nnamdi kanu are two misguided people... why cant they just hire a lawyer during their planing phase, it saddens me seeing people play into Buhari's net.... same way Baba Fela played into buhari's net

You have nothing to say. Keep quiet
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by solmusdesigns: 10:52am On Aug 07, 2019
Lovelive:

You have nothing to say. Keep quiet

not expecting you to pick anything, fools disregard the law thinking youthful exuberance is an excuse or ignorance of law, but once reminded of the law and importance of lawyers they start trash talking like keep quite,
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by Annie939(f): 10:54am On Aug 07, 2019
fearless activist
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by perpeling22(f): 10:56am On Aug 07, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Poor guy. He will learn. You never fight for people who are comfortable in their misery. If Niggerians were sincere they would have voted him.

And if they had voted him, Bihari and INEC would allow him to win?
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by KanuSE: 10:56am On Aug 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:

[s]*The constituition supports a peaceful protest only if you notify the government through the state police commissioner before hand.
*A call for change of democratic government through civil disobedience and violence is unconstitutional and actually treasonable.
*Publicly inciting violence and even been recorded saying he would set himself ablaze(commiting suicide) is a punishable crime

this and many more reasons are why he needs a lawyer to guide his utterances and behavior so as not to be culpable for a crime, Buhari on the other side has legion of lawyers as associates even his daughter halima is a trained lawyer, same as his vice[/s]

Trash
Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by donaldde2: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2019
Paxie55:

Oga, come and force me to support sowore.
Did you support NK when he was in prison?
Biko, hapum aka.

Why would i force you? and why would i go against Biafra dats fighting for dia freedom..

u are just putting personal against yoruba people as if they were against Biara.

You guys don fight for biafra and didnt work, now sowore call for revolution but u call it yoruba fight. Dont worry, let hausa continue dominate. have a blessed day my broda from east

1 Like

Re: Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) by solmusdesigns: 10:58am On Aug 07, 2019
KanuSE:

Trash

surely trash to a dunce, but a reasonable person thinks of consequences before acting, but arrogant fools act first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. / Emeka Ihedioha's First Outing After Sack By Supreme Court / Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.