Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,423 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:51 AM

Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency (27292 Views)

El-Rufai Wants Politicians Using Religion As Campaign Tool Punished / APC Crisis: Crack In Presidency Widens As Osinbajo Maintains Position / El-rufai Wants To Be Vice President - Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by Quorax: 7:40am On Aug 10, 2019
oluwadabira111:
dont be so sure,so who are they going to field.
Do not be surprise if it happens. A lot of us have been drumming this into the head of you Yorubas but you call it hate or that we want to destroy your relationship with the North....

Some of you do not even consider yourself Southerners and all because of what? May be this will be the final nail to the coffin so that you can have sense by force.

1 Like

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by MikeBetty(m): 7:45am On Aug 10, 2019
A Well Known Fact That The Short Man Is A Greedy Idiot Who Is Ready To Manipulate The System To Be President. He Cant And Will Never.

2 Likes

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by adecz: 7:46am On Aug 10, 2019
sad

This controversial dwarf again??

If Arffonja Tinubu didn't give the West to APC
in 2O15, will a helpless man like Buhari have
come to power?

After 4 years, the North & West rejected
them, but they used power of incumbency
to force their way back...

But the story hasn't been concluded.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by reuben79: 7:46am On Aug 10, 2019
I always tell people dat name of Nigeria will soon end......hausa fulanis will surely blame negative action against southern in 2023....northern 8 years southern 8years without dat revolution will take place fully dey never see anything
Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by Nukilia: 7:46am On Aug 10, 2019
Scammers Association of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:48am On Aug 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

Instead of you to keep quiet, you keep shoving your mouth into whats beyond you and getting loses back to back

Examples

You always knew Onnoghen will not resign too until he did

You also knew Saraki will not lose until he did

You also knew Gbaja wont be speaker until he did

APC won Kwara
Is that all you can say?? El-rufai is about to throw Tinubu into HBP!!� �

3 Likes

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by frankmoney(m): 7:48am On Aug 10, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
I always knew the APC will not field a southerner in 2023
then PDP should field a southerner

1 Like

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:51am On Aug 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

Another of pachukwudi predictions

Were those all my predictions? You people never see anything yet.You yorubas did not learn anything from the Abiola saga

3 Likes

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by TSRC: 7:51am On Aug 10, 2019
pat077:
You want zoning stoped, but you still want quota system retained
What do you expect from a dangerous northern bigot.?
I pity this country if el rufai ever gets to a position of national relevance.

Just look at what he has turned his state into.

3 Likes

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:53am On Aug 10, 2019
frankmoney:
then PDP should field a southerner
The APC already knows the PDP will field a northener.
With the current political configuration of a divided south I don't see a southerner defeating a northerner in 2023

3 Likes

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by raumdeuter: 7:54am On Aug 10, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Were those all my predictions? You people never see anything yet.You yorubas did not learn anything from the Abiola saga

We learnt from your predictions on Onnoghen, Gbaja, Saraki Kwara

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by Nukilia: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2019
MikeBetty:
A Well Known Fact That The Short Man Is A Greedy Idiot Who Is Ready To Manipulate The System To Be President. He Cant And Will Never.

He's working towards it
Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:59am On Aug 10, 2019
raumdeuter:

We learnt from your predictions on Onnoghen, Gbaja, Saraki Kwara
I also predicted gbaja will lose in 2015 and that Saraki will complete his tenure.
BTW i am not the one threatening your god's presidential ambition.El-rufai is so better face him and leave me alone

5 Likes

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by Rilwayne001: 8:02am On Aug 10, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Oh well, you can see the future now? How can you be so sure? And besides why are you crying than the bereaved?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by Bankkym: 8:02am On Aug 10, 2019
funmijoyb:

I'm afonja i will vote Nuhu ribadu and hell rufai ahead of any yoruba candidates .

So catholic igbo can start complaining with their two side of d mouth already.

I have never made a comment on this forum But I think you reason with your anus . Before you attack me , I m a complete YORUBA man .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:05am On Aug 10, 2019
Rilwayne001:

Oh well, you can see the future now? How can you be so sure? And besides why are you crying than the bereaved?
I am not crying bro

1 Like

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by materialproject: 8:05am On Aug 10, 2019
Somebody want to be president

1 Like

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by LANDLORD72: 8:07am On Aug 10, 2019
2023 loading for Hausa again Tufiakuwa
16Ebiscoo:
Governor Nasir El-Rufai warned against zoning of the Presidency between the North and South region of Nigeria in a prologue titled ‘Defeating a Determined Incumbent – The Nigerian Experience’, written in contributiion to a book by the Director-General of the Progressives Governors’ Forum, Salihu Lukma.

The Kaduna State Governor argued that the competence has to be taken up in place of zoning as Nigeria cannot afford towing same path again. He also described the present method of funding parties as “opaque” and also proposed a new method which will cut off godfathers, while revealing factors that contributed to electoral success of the All Progressives Congress in the 2015 presidential election.

He said, “Even with our success in the 2015 elections, there is room for improvement. Barriers to political equality, such as our seemingly entrenched though informal rule for zoning candidacies according to regions of origin, need to be de-emphasised and ultimately abandoned in favour of an emphasis on qualification, competence and character.

“The financing of parties, candidates and campaigns remains opaque.

“Many African countries are marked by savage inequalities, and a handful of individuals have the wherewithal to hold the process hostage.

“We must work towards funding parties via capped and fully disclosed donations and annual dues payable by every registered party member.”

Also campaigning for an improved judicial processes and promotion of the rule of law, El-Rufai listed some conditions neccesary for an opposition to defeat the incumbent as these;

“A unified opposition preferably merged into a single and well-structured political party well ahead of the next election cycle, and with transparent processes and progressive policies.

“A presidential candidate widely seen as credible and reformist to provide a sharp contrast to incumbents usually fattened by years of lazy, incompetent and corrupt rule.

“Honest elections that guarantee that votes count, using a mixture of competent electoral commission leadership and, crucially, deploying technologies for voter verification that drastically reduces electoral fraud.

“Credible elections are enemies of voter apathy. They enhance democratic legitimacy and citizen participation.

“Continuous engagement of the international community, particularly in the leading stable democracies as well as in multilateral institutions, to supply a crucial external fillip to the electoral process.”

President Buhari claimed that he and his party had the support of Nigerians in the foreword of the book. He also insisted that his administration reversed the downward slide the PDP pushed the nation into by squandering its resources.

He said, “There is no doubt that we have the popular support of Nigerians.

“I have seen this myself when I went around the 36 states and the FCT during the campaigns.

“The turnout of people and messages of goodwill across the country were what no individual, party or government could organise or buy.

“They were purely demonstrations of confidence in our administration and its political platform, the All Progressives Congress, the product of the merger.

“The multitude that trooped out to see me and hear me were reassuring that Nigeria, despite its cultural diversities, is united on the imperative of change.

“Our duty as leaders is to ensure that we keep this nation united, build a better future for the citizens and the coming generation.

“I feel that without coming together, we would not have been able to achieve this feat and Nigeria will be the worse for it.

“We remain the only hope of the country in terms of charting a politically stable and economically prosperous future for our people.

“I will, therefore, encourage us to continue leading this country effectively, now that Nigerians have entrusted us with a mandate once again to chart the course for the future of our beloved nation.”

However Alhaji Shuaibu Oyedokun, a member of Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party disagreed with El-Rufai on zoning. Though he admitted that competence should be given a better place than zoning, he added that zoning was established during the defunct National Party of Nigeria to ensure no part of the country was alienated.

Oyedokun said, “If we could find a way of strictly implementing zoning in the true spirit of it, i will say i want it. But do we sincerely implement it? If you zone a position to a particular area, people from other areas are not supposed to come out to contest but that is not the case.

“To me, the kind of country we have, being heterogeneous in nature, in term of religious and ethnicity, I think for now, we should adhere strictly to zoning. What he said is right under normal circumstances but as it is now, Nigeria cannot afford to jettison zoning now.”

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/governor-el-rufai-wants-zoning-stopped-in-presidency/

1 Like

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2019
it has gotten to the turn of the southeast come 2023, everyone is either denying the zoning gentleman agreement or claiming there is no zoning....well, the future of this country will be more decided come 2023
Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by funmijoyb(f): 8:11am On Aug 10, 2019
Bankkym:

I have never made a comment on this forum But I think you reason with your anus . Before you attack me , I m a complete YORUBA man .

Things are way better and cheaper up north inspite no crude oil .
My votes sud b on a northerner
Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by Rilwayne001: 8:12am On Aug 10, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

I am not crying bro

No obviously you're. You're at the same time happy ElRufai is saying the nonsense that he's used to, and that gives you succor that at least Yoruba will not take power in 2023 just to satisfy your anger against them, isn't?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by Rilwayne001: 8:12am On Aug 10, 2019
materialproject:
Somebody want to be president

In his widest dream. Lol
Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by Adewinner987: 8:15am On Aug 10, 2019
[quote author=16Ebiscoo post=81115524]Governor Nasir El-Rufai warned against zoning of the Presidency between the North and South region of Nigeria in a prologue titled ‘Defeating a Determined Incumbent – The Nigerian Experience’, written in contributiion to a book by the Director-General of the Progressives Governors’ Forum, Salihu Lukma.

The Kaduna State Governor argued that the competence has to be taken up in place of zoning as Nigeria cannot afford towing same path again. He also described the present method of funding parties as “opaque” and also proposed a new method which will cut off godfathers, while revealing factors that contributed to electoral success of the All Progressives Congress in the 2015 presidential election.

He said, “Even with our success in the 2015 elections, there is room for improvement. Barriers to political equality, such as our seemingly entrenched though informal rule for zoning candidacies according to regions of origin, need to be de-emphasised and ultimately abandoned in favour of an emphasis on qualification, competence and character.

“The financing of parties, candidates and campaigns remains opaque.

“Many African countries are marked by savage inequalities, and a handful of individuals have the wherewithal to hold the process hostage.

“We must work towards funding parties via capped and fully disclosed donations and annual dues payable by every registered party member.”

Also campaigning for an improved judicial processes and promotion of the rule of law, El-Rufai listed some conditions neccesary for an opposition to defeat the incumbent as these;

“A unified opposition preferably merged into a single and well-structured political party well ahead of the next election cycle, and with transparent processes and progressive policies.

“A presidential candidate widely seen as credible and reformist to provide a sharp contrast to incumbents usually fattened by years of lazy, incompetent and corrupt rule.

“Honest elections that guarantee that votes count, using a mixture of competent electoral commission leadership and, crucially, deploying technologies for voter verification that drastically reduces electoral fraud.

“Credible elections are enemies of voter apathy. They enhance democratic legitimacy and citizen participation.

“Continuous engagement of the international community, particularly in the leading stable democracies as well as in multilateral institutions, to supply a crucial external fillip to the electoral process.”

President Buhari claimed that he and his party had the support of Nigerians in the foreword of the book. He also insisted that his administration reversed the downward slide the PDP pushed the nation into by squandering its resources.

He said, “There is no doubt that we have the popular support of Nigerians.

“I have seen this myself when I went around the 36 states and the FCT during the campaigns.

“The turnout of people and messages of goodwill across the country were what no individual, party or government could organise or buy.

“They were purely demonstrations of confidence in our administration and its political platform, the All Progressives Congress, the product of the merger.

“The multitude that trooped out to see me and hear me were reassuring that Nigeria, despite its cultural diversities, is united on the imperative of change.

“Our duty as leaders is to ensure that we keep this nation united, build a better future for the citizens and the coming generation.

“I feel that without coming together, we would not have been able to achieve this feat and Nigeria will be the worse for it.

“We remain the only hope of the country in terms of charting a politically stable and economically prosperous future for our people.

“I will, therefore, encourage us to continue leading this country effectively, now that Nigerians have entrusted us with a mandate once again to chart the course for the future of our beloved nation.”

However Alhaji Shuaibu Oyedokun, a member of Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party disagreed with El-Rufai on zoning. Though he admitted that competence should be given a better place than zoning, he added that zoning was established during the defunct National Party of Nigeria to ensure no part of the country was alienated.

Oyedokun said, “If we could find a way of strictly implementing zoning in the true spirit of it, i will say i want it. But do we sincerely implement it? If you zone a position to a particular area, people from other areas are not supposed to come out to contest but that is not the case.

“To me, the kind of country we have, being heterogeneous in nature, in term of religious and ethnicity, I think for now, we should adhere strictly to zoning. What he said is right under normal circumstances but as it is now, Nigeria cannot afford to jettison zoning now.”

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/governor-el-rufai-wants-zoning-stopped-in-presidency/[/quo

just say you want to be president come 2019
Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:17am On Aug 10, 2019
Rilwayne001:

No obviously you're. You're at the same time happy ElRufai is saying the nonsense that he's used to, and that gives you succor that at least Yoruba will not take power in 2023 just to satisfy your anger against them, isn't?
El-rufai is saying what we already told you years ago but you waved it off claiming you play sophisticated politics.We both know El-rufai is a member of Buhari's kitchen cabinet and his words ate not to be taken lightly

2 Likes

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by middlebelter(m): 8:17am On Aug 10, 2019
This man has always been showing disdain for the tiny rope of unity hold Nigeria together. Because he was able to invite the Christians in Kaduna to win an election, he thinks it is now time to block the entire South using the Caliphates designed rigging plan? All because he want to be next president?

It is time to challenge his wreckless comments. The other time, it was threats to international community on the election on live TV saying they will be returned home in bodybag. This same man l? Such a person should not be trusted with public office if not for the aberrations in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by fathiudeen(m): 8:20am On Aug 10, 2019
All of you Nigerian politecial are the same see common #30 000 minimum wage become difficult for you . no symphaty for less privilege no Bukharin nor gorvs.or the senators .You are arguing for zoning of presidency see you wait when you finish you tenour then you fight for that to me now any body can be the president because all Nigerian political are the same
Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:20am On Aug 10, 2019
Rilwayne001:

In his widest dream. Lol

And you think Tinubu can stop him in APC!!?

2 Likes

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:21am On Aug 10, 2019
middlebelter:
This man has always been showing disdain for the tiny rope of unity hold Nigeria together. Because he was able to invite the Christians in Kaduna to win an election, he thinks it is now time to block the entire South using the Caliphates designed rigging plan? All because he want to be next president?

It is time to challenge his wreckless comments. The other time, it was threats to international community on the election on live TV saying they will be returned home in bodybag. This same man l? Such a person should not be trusted with public office if not for the aberrations in Nigeria.
Buhari said worse and was later elected president

5 Likes

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by Dagrace01(m): 8:23am On Aug 10, 2019
Mr El- Rufai.. It has to remain like this for now. You are too short to tell us how to run this nation, you can't even see what's happening in Nigeria until u maybe climb the sycamore tree like Zacheous. How can u come out today to tell us we should drop zoning? Zoning is only natural it has to be put into consideration because of sense of belonging! It's done anywhere in the world just them don't even see it as zoning because they don't care about it. Tell me if all presidents of US are not from different zones! If you want us to do it like this then we should go back to the 60s when the South and North has their own parties.. pls next time u wanna talk endeavor to climp a ladder in order to look B4 u lip.
Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by meditator(m): 8:23am On Aug 10, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
Which of the constitution was it written that someone from a rejoin must be fielded ? was a Northerner Fielded in 2015 ?

1 Like

Re: Governor El-rufai Wants Zoning Stopped In Presidency by KahlDrogo(m): 8:23am On Aug 10, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
We all saw it coming.See wetin sophisticated politics de cause.
Says a zakzaky shiite ibo man who only comments on nairaland when there is a corrupt politician to be defended. grin

Ibos have been working hard for pdp for five million years. When will they ever get a ticket from the darling useless party? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Abba Kyari Dead? / Why Kano Speaker Ata Was Removed / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.