Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' (7565 Views)

Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Sacks Tafida, Bianca, Maduekwe, Farounbi, Others / 500 Nigerians In Uk Prisons – Tafida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by londoner: 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2010
@justwise, I am a British born and raised Nigerian,, My mother grew up in a Nigeria which is different from the one we see now and has lived most of her life in the uk from her formative years, there was no 419/drug smuggling etc, Nigerians at that time were still honest and known as such, even here in the UK.

There are good Nigerians as I said but even they are overlooked because of what other Nigerians are doing, I dont want to be associated with the other type of Nigerian.

I dont have time for criminal/dishonest/uncivilised Nigerians, or any other nationality.

When I was last in Nigeria, there was a young boy working in a hotel he must have been about 16, we chatted and he was saying he wants to come to the UK, most other people would say to study etc, this boy starts talking about drug smuggling/dealing to get by , I told him to stay back, we dont want his kind here.

Where you formalate your ideals counts for alot, the dominant culture has an effect on people.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by Omolulu(m): 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2010
Both NIN and NID are to blame for the poor Image!!
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by londoner: 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Omolulu, I am not talking about where a person based physically, I AM TALKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE TYPE OF SOCIETY A PERSON IS RAISED IN, ESPECIALLY IN FORMATIVE YEARS. IT SHAPES YOUR OUTL;OOK ON LIFE AND WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU AS A PERSON.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2010
@londoner,
You have refused to answer my question! How many so called British-Nigerians have made big names for Nigeria in the UK? huh.? In fact, my findings were so shocking that majority of British-Nigerians are worse of in term of education compared to even the Brits themselves. Throughout the years I spent on campus at the university, I could barely count how many British-Nigerian were in the university and the majority I got to find out end up in colleges like their english counter part.

FYI, most of the Nigerians you see/or hear are holding exhalted positions in the UK (either at the Banks, Large Aerospace firms, or Pharm companies) they are NINs who gained most of their education in Nigeria and only had to do a top up when they migrated to the UK and began to make a name for themselves and the country at large!

Sometimes, I even feel you British-Nigerians are worse off compared to the british hoody yobs! Most of you are barely in school, and you always engage in gang war with those somalians or Pakistanis! To make things worst, you guys suffer from identity crisis. I guess if you use the freedom of Information request to ask for convicted felons of Nigeria origin you would findout that the majority are these so called British-Nigerians. And by the way was it not one of you that got killed only last week in East London?

The facts till remain that there are bad elements amongst us (NINs) but for you to come up with this shallow thinking that NINs are giving the so called British-Nigerians ( which by the way the Brits see as decedants of their slaves) is completely laughable!
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2010
londoner:

@justwise, I am a British born and raised Nigerian,, My mother grew up in a Nigeria which is different from the one we see now and has lived most of her life in the uk from her formative years, there was no 419/drug smuggling etc, Nigerians at that time were still honest and known as such, even here in the UK.There are good Nigerians as I said but even they are overlooked because of what other Nigerians are doing, I dont want to be associated with the other type of Nigerian.I dont have time for criminal/dishonest/uncivilised Nigerians, or any other nationality.When I was last in Nigeria, there was a young boy working in a hotel he must have been about 16, we chatted and he was saying he wants to come to the UK, most other people would say to study etc, this boy starts talking about drug smuggling/dealing to get by , I told him to stay back, we dont want his kind here.Where you formalate your ideals counts for alot, the dominant culture has an effect on people.
Please know this today that crime in London or other part of the UK are committed by both Nigerian born and UK born Nigerians. If you want to talk about good child upbringing then Britian shouldn't be mentioned at all, kids here are from hell, mora here is at the lowest point, why do you think that many parents send their kids to Africa to learn some good behaviour? Both British born and Nigeria born Nigerians are involved in the 419, drug and scam marriage. So ur parents are the last 'good' Nigerians to leave Nigeria? After that all Nigerian coming here came along with them? Is that ur points?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2010
londoner:

@Omolulu, I am not talking about where a person based physically, I AM TALKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE TYPE OF SOCIETY A PERSON IS RAISED IN, ESPECIALLY IN FORMATIVE YEARS. IT SHAPES YOUR OUTL;OOK ON LIFE AND WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU AS A PERSON.

Absolute nonsense! as someone who have lived in the UK for years, I have been involved in youth projects and taught A-Level students in the new city academies in the UK (even though teaching is not my rear of expertise), I can say without any doubt that Nigerian kids are better well behaved and manner in their formative years than those of the counter part in Britain! This is the problem we have with these British-Born Nigerians. They bring them to Nigeria to spend two wees or a month, they have one bad experience and the base their knowledge about Nigeria on the one ( and maybe) isolated experience.

The truth is, Nigeria has different type of societies, depending on which geo-political zone you live in. And even within that geo-political zone, the society is still fragmented. I could remember during my days in bording school, some dudes who have lived all of his life in posh island in lagos had never seen a live snake except on discovery channel! The dude fainted when He saw one climbing a wall close to the cashiers office! Again, the level of exposure of that dude and some other dudes like myself is completely different and yet we all live in Nigeria.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by Omolulu(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

Absolute nonsense! as someone who have lived in the UK for years, I have been involved in youth projects and taught A-Level students in the new city academies in the UK (even though teaching is not my rear of expertise), I can say without any doubt that Nigerian kids are better well behaved and manner in their formative years than those of the counter part in Britain! This is the problem we have with these British-Born Nigerians. They bring them to Nigeria to spend two wees or a month, they have one bad experience and the base their knowledge about Nigeria on the one ( and maybe) isolated experience.

The truth is, Nigeria has different type of societies, depending on which geo-political zone you live in. And even within that geo-political zone, the society is still fragmented. I could remember during my days in bording school, some dudes who have lived all of his life in posh island in lagos had never seen a live snake except on discovery channel! The dude fainted when He saw one climbing a wall close to the cashiers office! Again, the level of exposure of that dude and some other dudes like myself is completely different and yet we all live in Nigeria.

I happen to agree with this fact!
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by ikeyman00(m): 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

i not here to try to argue around with u lots
[size=32pt]
what Alan Sugar said was wrong !!![/size] that's as simple as that

then on weather we should succumb to the fact there are lots of bad Nigerians into whatever in the mainstream is still open to another debate

therefore we as Nigerians in UK could only wish the same ambassador could look for ways to move the country forward as there are a lot of disturbing issues to worry about to wat oga Sugar said
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by jumobi1(m): 3:25am On Oct 27, 2010
Amb Tafida didn't even say anything in regards to Lord Sugar's remark
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2010
jumobi1:

Amb Tafida didn't even say anything in regards to Lord Sugar's remark

Shall I say get a life! Which New York city are you even?I gess it's the one in Porthacourt! This was news carried by two papers here in the UK and you are hear talking nonsense, abeg go sit down eat your McD cheese burger! angry
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by Aussienavy: 11:25am On Oct 27, 2010
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by jumobi1(m): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

Shall I say get a life! Which New York city are you even?I gess it's the one in Porthacourt! This was news carried by two papers here in the UK and you are hear talking nonsense, abeg go sit down eat your McD cheese burger! angry
LMAO! Ok.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by MaiSuya(m): 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2010
Talk about double standards! The BBC that refused to apologize on behalf of Alan Sugar somehow felt that a handful of autistic people is of more relevance than 150million citizens.  angry

Comparing it to a newer model, he said the car ''was a bit wrong – that smiling front end – it looked like a simpleton – should have been called the 430 Speciale Needs''.

Charities criticised the remark, with the National Autistic Society saying it perpetuated ''the prejudice and bullying which people with disabilities have to cope with''.

The BBC removed the joke from the repeat and iPlayer versions of the show and apologised for any offence caused.

It said the remark was not intended to make light of those with special educational needs or to make fun at their expense.

Today, Ofcom said it recognised that ''discriminatory language of this nature has the potential to be very offensive to some viewers as it could be seen to single out certain sections of society in a derogatory way because of their disability.''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/top-gear/8085556/BBC-apologises-for-Jeremy-Clarksons-special-needs-Ferrari-joke.html
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by londoner: 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2010
If the vast majority of Nigerians are so well behaved in their formative years (which in reality means knowing how to put on an act in front of adults) then something terrible must be happening to adults all over Nigeria.

You can not name one area of life in Nigeria which has not been corrupted on an out of proportion scale. far too many Nigerians are morally bankrupt, I mean nothing surprises me anymore about what comes out of Nigeria.

Name any bad thing, there they are at the front. Its unfortunate because good and honest Nigerians whether in Nigeria or out, have to endure the same distrust, disgust disrespect and hatred that the rest have well and truly earned. Nothing is sacred in Nigeria, not life not love not family, as long as money is at stake they can do any unmentionable evil quite easily.

I dont care who has an issue with me saying it, honest Nigerians need to take what is means to be or associated with Nigeria back.

I am thoroughly ashamed of Nigerians whose behaviour and outlook on life is unacceptable to the average decent human being.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by eewule(m): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2010
Nigeria has given itself a bad name through money laundering and similar financial crimes, im not suprised by lord Sugars comment. It is what it is.  What surprises me is that the country is rated 44th or so, amongst world most corrupt countries, yet no other country is mentioned when people stereotyping about internet bank frauds - credit card frauds etc.
  Question is - how come this country is number 1 in money related thieving crimes internationally, but remains 44th in world corruption list ?? undecided
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by Typewriter(m): 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2011
the answer is simple they con men from Nigeria has also coned the rating agency to be 44th in place of 1st

I bet Nigerians are really Good at that.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by gabbytabby: 4:08pm On Feb 18, 2012
Nigeria should not feel insulted by any comment when it comes from someone who has blood on their hands or who have not demonstrated any integrity its a case of pot calling kettle black. What is Alan Sugar's lineage and every society has it good and bad.

Check almost all of the most corrupt countries in the world and there is one thing they have in common. Former British Colonies. By the time they finish theiving all the gold from Gold Coast the name become Ghana cos there was no more Gold.

Last time I checked Alan he is of the same lineage as the greatest fraudsters Maddoff, Allen Stanford, Michael Milken, Micheal Brown

http://www.thejc.com/news/topics/fraud

so what has he got over a Nigerian all might be revealed soon about how he came about his millions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State / . / Battle Of Kukawa Between Nigeria Army And Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.