Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' (7564 Views)

Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Sacks Tafida, Bianca, Maduekwe, Farounbi, Others / 500 Nigerians In Uk Prisons – Tafida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by BlueMagic2(m): 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

I guess you are not really this daft with comments like the one in bold! FYI, Dr. Tafida has transformed the Nigeria embassy in London and I can say without mincing words that the level of professionalism there has improved and in my opinion, He has taken the embassy a step higher than where Kayode left it.To add to what some sensible forumites have said, Should we let a looner tad like Alan Sugar pour insult just because we have internal issues in our family? The answer to that is obviously No! These old rag whites think they can through their mouth about as though they are still in the slave/Master era.

For all I know and can say: the brits can laugh at us for now, but surely, Nigeria will be greater than Britain soonest; just as the chinese/Indians today look at britain as one little rascal that can be spanked at any time, soonest, that is how Britain will be to Nigeria.

@Omo_Tier1 U keep forgetting Nigeria was once greater than the uk & America together. Remember when the naira was stronger than the dollar & pounds sterling, we had a strong economy & every1 wanted to be associated with Nigeria & nigerians. We had the foundation to build from. Now we dont even have a foundation talkless of a house. So u got to ask urself where did we go wrong or ask the rulers What d Bleep happened? If u want to wait around 2 see when Nigeria is gonna rise again i wish u happy waiting cos i dont see any visible credible changes taking place. The only changes i see are more corruption, robbery, kidnappings, killings looting & now bombings etc. Its hi time we take our foot out of our arses & call our rulers to order that is when things are gonna start happenin & the world will start takin us seriously & envying us once again. We got 2 start lookin inwards & thinkin deep, Real Deep about where it all went wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 11:47pm On Oct 23, 2010
@justwise,
I understand your view point, but I think you have overlooked the bigger picture! The UK uses this smear campaign to try to keep nations within her reach! Ask China and they wll tell you more about.

As for the MPs, I think you have not been following the TRUE story! MPs stole moneies worth millions of pounds and all we could be told is hmmm errr they filled the wrong forms and all what not. How many of the MPs have you heard sld the homes they bought with those cash or did the MP that built a duck house with that money sell the duck house and refund the money to the treasury?

The truth is this: We know we have issues that we need to resolve in Nigeria, however for any nation to claim high ground when it comes to corruption is something that is unacceptable to me. FYI are you aware that most of the world most wanted financial fugitives are living in London with British passports? Or are you not aware that the dude who handled much of the $180million Halliburton's scandal (if I spelt that name correctly) was a british based lawyer? Or have you forgotten so soon how Magaret Thacters own son went about funding coups in Africa and He is still involved in the business of distabilizng peaceful nations in Africa and not even the UN has made an attemp to have that mad dude locked up in Gitmo?
This is one big problem Nigeria has: We always allow others to magnify the gravity of the situation we are in and then we begin to look down on ourselves ( like those fellow in the bible that said to Moses, 'we are like mere ants in their faces') as downtrodden people of no value! Which I for one know is really not the case.

I will also bring to your notice the recent deceit/corruption of the UK govt where she engaged in massive publicity stunt to promote Ghana in the international community simply 'cos a british company was involved in the early phase of oil exploration in that country. However, this same country can not fund over 56% of her national budget and have to borrow to live through her daily needs! The british govt completely forgot about that when she was painting the rosy picture about Ghana before the international community. Lets bte wise my fellow Nigerians, those of us that have a good conscience and are prepared to make good positive image for our beloved country, let us stand tall and kick against comments like that of fraudstar Allan Sugar both in our daily actions and in our words!
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by 1forall: 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2010
If Tafida knew Lord Sugar's reputation for what comes out of his mouth, he may have spent less energy constructing his response. Would the French ambassador to the UK have reacted if Sugar referred a frenchman?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by cold(m): 12:00am On Oct 24, 2010
1forall:

If Tafida knew Lord Sugar's reputation for what comes out of his mouth, he may have spent less energy constructing his response. Would the French ambassador to the UK have reacted if Sugar referred a frenchman?
And your point is . . .
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 12:04am On Oct 24, 2010
Blue Magic:

@Omo_Tier1 U keep forgetting Nigeria was once greater than the uk & America together. Remember when the naira was stronger than the dollar & pounds sterling, we had a strong economy & every1 wanted to be associated with Nigeria & nigerians. We had the foundation to build from. Now we dont even have a foundation talkless of a house. So u got to ask urself where did we go wrong or ask the rulers What d bleep happened? If u want to wait around 2 see when Nigeria is gonna rise again i wish u happy waiting cos i dont see any visible credible changes taking place. The only changes i see are more corruption, robbery, kidnappings, killings looting & now bombings etc. Its hi time we take our foot out of our arses & call our rulers to order that is when things are gonna start happenin & the world will start takin us seriously & envying us once again. We got 2 start lookin inwards & thinkin deep, Real Deep about where it all went wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is easier to blame others than to take the blame yourself! And by the way, you may not agree with me, this country called Nigeria was never built on any sound foundation! How do you put together well over 250 ethnic groups, with no formal agreement and expect the country to thrive? FYI, even in the early days when Nigeria's economy was strong (if truly is was as I am of the opinion this distortion is partly responsible for the mess we are in now), there was a masive divide between the GIANT development of the SOUTH WEST (both in human and techological aspects) in comparison to the north and if you remember this was one of the reasons IBB gave for bringing in the 6-3-3-4 system which by and large favoured the Northerns and allowed most of them to gain the required qaulifications ( but not necessarily the skills) to lead the country.

Now the  first bolded part of your statement points to the reason why Nigeria is the way she is right now 'cos you are waiting for someone to make things happen and thereafter you jump on the bandwagon like erosion! Believe in a greater Nigeria, have the mind set that you have the ability, capability and prowess to turn Nigeria around and you demonstrate this by continually doing what is right wherever you are now. If 50million of our youths think and act this way, a new message will be born without a single shut being fired and Nigeria will begin to experience a positive change! Lastly, killing our Present crop of leaders will not bring about the positive change will desire unless the youth to take over from them have a different message, song and a different vision of complete and utterly selfless service to the nation Nigeria! Again sorry to make Ghana as an example, despite JJ kilings, the past and eve the current gvt of the day is involved in 'MASSIVE LOOTING' of the state resources for their yet unborn generations!
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by justwise(m): 12:10am On Oct 24, 2010
@Omo_Tier1

The more i read ur post the more i beging to worry more as a Nigerian. The problem we have in Nigeria is OUR making, its affecting us and NOT British. When will we Nigerians stop making excuses? What lord Sugar said is true, many of us Nigerians have recieved such email from shameless Nigerian. Why are u getting sweaty cos of his comment and calling him a fraudstar?

Lets stop shifting blames and trying to pretend as if the problems we have in Nigeria is caused by foregin nations.

Yes Ghana is moving on, they are improving and they deserve the credit they are getting from foreign governments.
All we do in Nigeria is to cover up, blame everybody else for our problems apart from ourselves.

Britian is dealing with their problems, are we dealing with ours?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 12:28am On Oct 24, 2010
justwise:

@Omo_Tier1

The more i read your post the more i beging to worry more as a Nigerian. The problem we have in Nigeria is OUR making, its affecting us and NOT British. When will we Nigerians stop making excuses? What lord Sugar said is true, many of us Nigerians have recieved such email from shameless Nigerian. Why are u getting sweaty cos of his comment and calling him a fraudstar?

Lets stop shifting blames and trying to pretend as if the problems we have in Nigeria is caused by foregin nations.

Yes Ghana is moving on, they are improving and they deserve the credit they are getting from foreign governments.
All we do in Nigeria is to cover up, blame everybody else for our problems apart from ourselves.

Britian is dealing with their problems, are we dealing with ours?

Again this is were you are getting it wrong! you are allowing foriegn entities to dictate to you the pace at which you would get things done in your own country. For once let us not do things simply becuase it pleases others, rather let us do things for our common and national interest. No body is shifting blame as it has been agreed upon that the state of Nigeria today can be blamed on both the led and the leaders.
FYI, things are being fixed in Nigeria, contrary to your assertion, the truth is, the pace at which it is being fixed ( to many of us) is too slow, but again I would say that it is better we use this period to understnad ourselves as a nation and build a strong Nigeria family than dance to the melody of death of foriegners who will dissappear into thin air immediately they lay hold of what they want! And as for your cover up issue, in fact you are so wrong on that as Nigeria is known as one of those countries that wash their linen in the public!

Concerning the e-mail messages, has it ever occured to you that these same foriegn countries describe Nigeria as a very low density country when it comes to internet penetration yet they claim all these millions of e-mails are from Nigerians. The truth was revealed not too long ago when a CIA detailed investigation showed that cyber criminals in Asia , Europe have been using the Nigeria scam identity to carry out their crimes, although I will also mention that the report did say that a significant number were also originating from Nigeria but the number was far lower than they had originally thought! AM I SAYING NIGERIANS ARE NOT INTO THIS CYBER CRIME OF A THING? My answer is yes they are, but we should not let other nations use that as a smear tool when the percentage of those involved are less than 2% of the total population. Would I because of that dude  (Murdock) that stole over $50billion from world wide clients on false investment portfolios call all Americans untrustworthy or financial swindlers?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by BlueMagic2(m): 1:22am On Oct 24, 2010
@Omo_Tier1 u seem to sound as a reasonable fellow. In the 1st place if Nigeria is not functioning as a single unit then we can as well disintegrate. greater nations have e.g USSR. About IBB please dont even get me started. Some1 that set the nation back 2 decades still has the effrontery to wanna still contest as President cos he knows Nigerians aint gonna do anything about him. This is why I am strongly of the opinion that leaders past & present have to be Erased for the country to even move forward an inch. They have to be the ones 2 be sacrificed to the gods for positive changes to start hapening. Every1 keeps criticizing MEND for what they are doing but MEND now has everybody's attention & every1 now takes them seriously ask ur Govt. If you want Peace u got to prepare 4 War & sacrifices have to be made,
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by Redman44(m): 7:32am On Oct 24, 2010
Sir Alan Sugar himself has skeletons in his cupboard cry cry cry I am so sure if a solid investigation is carried out into how he made his money, some funny stories will crop up here and there. Fraud should not be limited to Nigerians alone. I agree that there are Fraudulent Nigerians on the web who want to make money by deceitful letters and promises. However, Asians and Europeans are also into Fraud. The biggest fraudsters on earth are not Nigerians. I am so sure that the biggest fraudsters on earth are Westerners. Who got us into this financial crisis? Is it not due to greed on the part of Western bankers? Do you know how many White British benefit cheats are caught daily by the UK Government? I have come to believe that there is something to this tagging of the black man as being fraudulent all the time. I am not absolving Nigeria from the menace of the Yahoo Boys, but let the saintly man who is squeeky clean cast the first stone God dey o.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by Code128: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2010
I have quite a bit of respect for Sir Alan, but there is NO excuse for such an outrageous statement. I understand how the odds are that an email scam in your inbox is from a Nigerian. The odds are also on the side of any terrorist activity being Moslem related but he wouldn't be caught making such statements in public. Why is Nigeria different?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2010
Code128:

I have quite a bit of respect for Sir Alan, but there is NO excuse for such an outrageous statement. I understand how the odds are that an email scam in your inbox is from a Nigerian. The odds are also on the side of any terrorist activity being Moslem related but he wouldn't be caught making such statements in public. Why is Nigeria different?

Go ask any spurs fan what they think of this fraudstar called Alan Sugar!
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by redsun(m): 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2010
Nigerian goverment is d greatest fraud that has ever befallen a people,it's d creator of vices like 19.19 is not nigerian prnblem,it's d government,lawlessness
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2010
It is laughable to see the number of off-point and needlessly defensive comments on this thread. And to think that Sir Alan Sugar did not EXPLICITLY insult Nigeria or Nigerians. To quote his controversial statement: "I once received an offer like that from Nigeria, and it did not transpire". There is nothing in this statement that warrants an official (or indeed officious) response from no less an official than the High Commissioner himself!

The deft subtlety with which Lord Sugar delivered his open-ended remark effectively offsets its sarcastic character and leaves it perfectly open to any number of interpretations. As such, choosing to interpret it as an implicit suggestion that Nigeria is a den of scammers must be seen as entirely personal and subjective. . .to the same extent that it could also be interpreted to simply mean that Lord Sugar got a similar offer from Nigeria that did not transpire/materialize. Indeed the latter interpretation is more validly correlated to the actual words of the man. In light of  this, it is rather preposterous that Nigeria's High Commissioner to the UK would draw unfavourable attention to Lord Sugar's arguably innocuous remarks on the basis of a subjective derogatory interpretation.

The better strategy would have been to simply ignore the comment and allow anyone to interpret it however they deem fit, rather than publicly (and correctly) interpret it as reiterating the already common-place notion that Nigerians are notorious for sending scam emails. This 'official interpretation'  therefore eliminates the possibility that anyone would have otherwise interpreted it in a less demeaning or derogatory manner. The response by the Nigerian High Commission is therefore counter-productive, and served the purpose of making something out of nothing.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by Soulstarr(m): 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2010
for all those pointing to 9jeria's obvious problems as justification for what sugar said, imagine what d headlines would b in d uk if, donald trump told a contestant on t=d american version of the show, all u brits sound alike nowadays like a typical british yob!
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2010
Soulstarr:

for all those pointing to 9jeria's obvious problems as justification for what sugar said, imagine what d headlines would b in d uk if, donald trump told a contestant on t=d american version of the show, all u brits sound alike nowadays like a typical british yob!

Do not mind those pointing to Nigeria's obvious problems as a justification for ALL glorified fraudstars to insult Nigerians as they see fit. Many at times, those who enumerate nigeria's problems have never in themselves done any MAJOR thing to improve the image of Nigeria nor the lots of Nigerians. I cal people like that "wet-mouth"
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

Do not mind those pointing to Nigeria's obvious problems as a justification for ALL glorified fraudstars to insult Nigerians as they see fit. Many at times, those who enumerate nigeria's problems have never in themselves done any MAJOR thing to improve the image of Nigeria nor the lots of Nigerians. I cal people like that "wet-mouth"

Clearly the picture (Nigeria's image locally and internationally) fits the description pointedly; across Sports, Business, Health, Energy, International Trade, Telecomms, the stories you hear are always the same, a lot of potential hindered by stupendous levels of corruption by the very institutions setup to make sure things work like they are meant to. It is not a matter of the UK executing a smear campaign against Nigeria, it is a matter of Nigeria's smearing themselves with SH.IT nearly every opportunity they get. As for having every individual make a meaningful contribution rather than complain, let me give you an example. At my work-place, I was shocked to discover that most of our security personnel are graduates (Diploma and Universities) each one is qualified to get a good job. but where are the jobs!? they get cheated by the very company that hired them to risk their lives as security men. they live in squalid conditions and can barely afford a day's meal until the next payday. Now if this is happening to graduates, imagine the mindset of social miscreants (Area boys) do you suppose they will willingly contribute to improving the lot of Nigeria when they cannot guarantee food in their stomachs! haba, the way a country works is that it appoints leaders who in turn build a sustainable environment where everyone must work to fulfill their aspirations. not the otherway round buddy
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

Clearly the picture (Nigeria's image locally and internationally) fits the description pointedly; across Sports, Business, Health, Energy, International Trade, Telecomms, the stories you hear are always the same, a lot of potential hindered by stupendous levels of corruption by the very institutions setup to make sure things work like they are meant to. It is not a matter of the UK executing a smear campaign against Nigeria, it is a matter of Nigeria's smearing themselves with SH.IT nearly every opportunity they get. As for having every individual make a meaningful contribution rather than complain, let me give you an example. At my work-place, I was shocked to discover that most of our security personnel are graduates (Diploma and Universities) each one is qualified to get a good job. but where are the jobs!? they get cheated by the very company that hired them to risk their lives as security men. they live in squalid conditions and can barely afford a day's meal until the next payday. Now if this is happening to graduates, imagine the mindset of social miscreants (Area boys) do you suppose they will willingly contribute to improving the lot of Nigeria when they cannot guarantee food in their stomachs! haba, the way a country works is that it appoints leaders who in turn build a sustainable environment where everyone must work to fulfill their aspirations. not the otherway round buddy

I think that part of your comment in bold justify my last post. TELLING A STORY OF WHAT IS HAPPENING WILL NOT CHANGE THE SITUATION! Rather striving to bring about the positive change is what will change the situation. Now what have you done (in the case of the guards you mentioned) that would help change things for the better? I guess nothing, with the usual attitude of sit down and look; hoping positive change would come some day, from someone or some supreme being!FYI, making a positive change in your little sphere of contact is the only way Nigeria will change. If you are hoping for one big sweeping revolution, well you mght as well dream on as that aint gonno happen in Nigeria!
As for the jobs, I would continue to say it, it is only in Socialist environment you would expect govt to create jobs! Rather what we should be clamouring for in Nigeria is for the govt to provide  the enabling evironments to have light, water, security, health and education whilst the citizen busy themselves in creating jobs! This is the secret of the USA rebirth ( the I can do individual thinking).

Finally if I may ask you, Who is the government?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:53pm On Oct 24, 2010
those think it is or was a smear campaign are daft as the ambassador

how man movies do you watch with russian people and their mafia accused of lots of things by americans but the russians dont cry foul why it just a movie

the same with allan program it just a tv program that has nothing to do with true facts on nigeria or nigerians
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by mystikal(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2010
dem go fit finish this work so?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by Joagbaje(m): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2010
@Omo_Tier1

Omo_Tier1:

I think that part of your comment in bold justify my last post. TELLING A STORY OF WHAT IS HAPPENING WILL NOT CHANGE THE SITUATION! Rather striving to bring about the positive change is what will change the situation. Now what have you done (in the case of the guards you mentioned) that would help change things for the better? I guess nothing, with the usual attitude of sit down and look; hoping positive change would come some day, from someone or some supreme being!FYI, making a positive change in your little sphere of contact is the only way Nigeria will change. If you are hoping for one big sweeping revolution, well you mght as well dream on as that aint gonno happen in Nigeria!
As for the jobs, I would continue to say it, it is only in Socialist environment you would expect govt to create jobs! Rather what we should be clamouring for in Nigeria is for the govt to provide  the enabling evironments to have light, water, security, health and education whilst the citizen busy themselves in creating jobs! This is the secret of the USA rebirth ( the I can do individual thinking). Finally if I may ask you, Who is the government?

Very impressive! Pls can I contact you by phone or e- mail you can send response here pls: joagbaje@yahoo.com
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

how man movies do you watch with russian people and their mafia accused of lots of things by americans but the russians dont cry foul why it just a movie

the same with allan program it just a tv program that has nothing to do with true facts on nigeria or nigerians

Your theory is interesting but have you ever seen a black nation like Nigeria doing a movie to smear the US or other western countries ?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

It appears you do not understand the difference between movie theatre and real world. I would like to remind you that similar statement bothering on this issue was made in a sony advert and following 'OUR' Dora's strong protest, that advert was withdrawn with apologies tender. The reason the BBC and the likes will see nothing wrong in what they are doing is because they have no meaningful economic partnership with Nigeria, so there is nothing at stake really. The Japanese backed down after the got a letter from the govt warning them that all of the goods made in Japan and sold in Nigeria wil be confiscated and Sony will be banned from Nigeria, finally let them to shift their stance.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by londoner: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2010
I dont care what people here say, he should not have said it and Nigerians especially here in the UK have a RIGHT to register their displeasure at it.

We pay TV license here, and that is what they use to fund these programs, if 419 rmails are coming from Nigeria, why should we in the UK take the brunt?, How many of these emails are coming from Nigerians living in the  Uk or Briitish Nigerians? So tell me again why we should accept to be tainted with that same brush, its about time we let people know we are not all the same.

If Prince Philip can  cause an outrage because he made a comment about shody electricals "probably done by an Indian" and Prince Charles can be criticised and forced to apologise for a name they used to call a darker Asian friend, then why do Nigerians have to cower any time we are insulted?

Nigerians in Nigeria should know that we outside  are sick and tired of having to catch cold here because of your sneezing from Nigeria/Ghana/Cameroun/China/Ivory Coast and wherever else you choose to misbehave.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2010
londoner:

I dont care what people here say, he should not have said it and Nigerians especially here in the UK have a RIGHT to register their displeasure at it.

We pay TV license here, and that is what they use to fund these programs, if 419 rmails are coming from Nigeria, why should we in the UK take the brunt?, How many of these emails are coming from Nigerians living in the  Uk or Briitish Nigerians? So tell me again why we should accept to be tainted with that same brush, its about time we let people know we are not all the same.

If Prince Philip can  cause an outrage because he made a comment about shody electricals "probably done by an Indian" and Prince Charles can be criticised and forced to apologise for a name they used to call a darker Asian friend, then why do Nigerians have to cower any time we are insulted?

Nigerians in Nigeria should know that we outside  are sick and tired of having to catch cold here because of your sneezing from Nigeria/Ghana/Cameroun/China/Ivory Coast and wherever else you choose to misbehave.

I thought you were making sense with your post until I read the last part of your statement and I say to your Woshi! What have you so called British-Nigerians or Nigerians in the UK done to promote the image of the country? Mind you I am a full blooded resident of Nigeria and UK so your rants about TV License is me saying a beg go sit down for your council house and enjoy your cup of tea! You think we NIN(s) do not know about all your ATM fraud activities in Stoke on Trent, Birmngham, Glasgow, Bristol, East London (aka glorified Ajegunle grin) amongst others? Who knows you might even be an over stayer with fake naija/Biafra passport grin
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by jpphilips(m): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2010
is Tafida or whatever that jobless?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by londoner: 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2010
Yes, those of us here are sick and tired of Nigerians who come here and wont behave in a civilised manner. Whether there are people here doing 419 scams, false weddings, false papers, overstaying, is it British Nigerians who are the ones well known for it?, even though there are more of us here than those coming from Nigeria?

I come from good honest stock, not the "morally challenged".

Whether you like if or not, honest law abiding Nigerians including NINS (as you call them) must speak up and say NO! to the criminals and uncivilised among us who have hijacked what it means to be a Nigerian. Because of people like that Nigeria is a byword for everything bad.

If you dont like it then you can just lump it. I would sooner support the deportation of criminal Nigerians then to defend them just because we have roots in the same country. Yeah I said it, now have outburst number two.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by justwise(m): 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2010
londoner:

Yes, those of us here are sick and tired of Nigerians who come here and wont behave in a civilised manner. Whether there are people here doing 419 scams, false weddings, false papers, overstaying, is it British Nigerians who are the ones well known for it?, even though there are more of us here than those coming from Nigeria?
Whether you like if or not, honest law abiding Nigerians must speak up and say NO! to the criminals and uncivilised among us who have hijacked what it means to be a Nigerian. Because of people like that Nigeria is a byword for everything bad.
If you dont like it then you can just lump it. I would sooner support the deportation of criminal Nigerians then to defend them just because we have roots in the same country. Yeah I said it, now have outburst number two.
Are suggesting that those crimes are committed by Nigerians without permanent residencey here in the UK?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by OmoTier1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2010
londoner:

Whether you like if or not, honest law abiding Nigerians must speak up and say NO! to the criminals and uncivilised among us who have hijacked what it means to be a Nigerian. Because of people like that Nigeria is a byword for everything bad.

Look at this one oh! FYI there is nothing like British-Nigerians ok. I asked you before, what have you so called British-Nigerians contributed to devlopment of Nigeria other than the sickening news of knife attack and gang fight we hear about especially those of you that were born to runaway dad in East London!
Like I said in my previous posts, we are not denying that there are bad elements amongst us, however, that does not give any one the moral right standing to throw insult at us like that Fraudstar Allan Sugar did.

And as for the crime you alleged are commited by NINs who come to the UK, you must be deluded to forget so qucikly how you so called British-Nigerians turn east london into a gang war zone and currently you guys are making life difficult for the people of Luton! Again, for all I care to know, most of the Nigerians making Nigeria proud in the UK are NINs who came over to study and then gain useful employment!Or those who came over under the Highly skilled migrant programme and their kids are doing wonders in schools becuse of their proper early childhood schooling in Nigeria which by the wa UKis a whimpy at!
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by londoner: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ Justwise, it is not about having permanent residency. Its about people who are born and raised in Nigeria who go to other countries like the Uk and bring their wayward ways with them.

@omo-tier, British born Nigerians are not the ones scandalising Nigeria wherever we go.

There are bad elements among us, fine,  but nothing even compared to what Nigerians coming from Nigeria are doing, not just in the UK but more or less everywhere they go. Even if you look at the gang culture, its a handful of British Nigerians, and its more of an inner city culture among people of varying cultures.

If you say gang to anyone, Nigerian is not the word which comes to mind, if you say FRAUD then people think of Nigerians, whether senior politicians or area boys, who's hands are actually clean there?

At least they are not going to another country to misbehave. To be honest it is Nigerians from Nigeria who are almost single handedly responsible for the way people view Nigerians so badly, go anywhere, the impression is the same, I for one am sick of it.

So corrupted, money hungry, morally bankrupt. not all, but enough to make me wonder what the hell is wrong with them.

I have met some good ones, those ones I am not referring to here.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by justwise(m): 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2010
londoner:

@ Justwise, it is not about having permanent residency. Its about people who are born and raised in Nigeria who go to other countries like the Uk and bring their wayward ways with them.@omo-tier, British born Nigerians are not the ones scandalising Nigeria wherever we go.
There are bad elements among us, fine
, but nothing even compared to what Nigerians coming from Nigeria are doing, not just in the UK but more or less everywhere they go. Even if you look at the gange culture, its a handful of British Nigerians, and its more of an inner city culture among people of varying cultures.At least they are not going to another country to misbehave. To be honest it is Nigerians from Nigeria who are almost single handedly responsible for the way people view Nigerians so badly, go anywhere, the impression is the same, I for one am sick of it.
So corrupted, money hungry, morally bankrupt. not all, but enough to make me wonder what the hell is wrong with them.
I have met some good ones, those ones I am not referring to here.
Seriously have you been sleeping? Is this a joke?
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by londoner: 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2010
@justwise, No I have not been sleeping.

Are you really HONESTLY telling me that British or US Nigerians (I mean born and raised/influenced), are responsible for the bad name Nigeria has WORLDWIDE, ?

It is not British Nigerians they are executing in china, or wanting to leave in Ghana/Cameroun/ South Africa

It is not Britsh born and raised Nigerians who are the trailblazers of 419, drug smuggling/human trafficking/ prostitution/ benefit scams etc, it is those from Nigeria who are at the forefront.

You people must not like the truth, lol

Where you are born and raised has a big impact on what is normal to a person.

We all know what we are talking about when we say the "Nigerian Factor", so dont act like you dont know.
Re: Sir Alan Sugar Under Fire Over 'NIGERIA Insult' - BBC call Dr.Tafida 'a Person ' by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
londoner:

@justwise, No I have not been sleeping.Are you really HONESTLY telling me that British or US Nigerians (I mean born and raised/influenced), are responsible for the bad name Nigeria has WORLDWIDE, ?It is not British Nigerians they are executing in china, or wanting to leave in Ghana/Cameroun/ South AfricaIt is not Britsh born and raised Nigerians who are the trailblazers of 419, drug smuggling/human trafficking/ prostitution/ benefit scams etc, it is those from Nigeria who are at the forefront.
You people must not like the truth, lol

Ok, you are British born Nigerian? And ur dady and mum British born Nigerian? And your grand parents British born Nigerian? Or are they at one point come from Nigeria with their crimes to the UK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

S/East leaders condemn killing of igbos in the north / Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) / 7,000 APC Delegates To Ratify Pmb’s Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.