Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism (5595 Views)

Isa Sulaiman & Janine Sanchez: 'I No Fit Love Any Nigerian Woman Again' / Nigerian Man Walks Away On His Wedding Day, Shouting " I No Do Again" (Photos) / “Women Rarely Speak Up About Financially Supporting Their Male Partners” – Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2019
Kudos to all the feminist advocating feminism,as for me,I quit as I realise that most of the ladies we fight for don't deserve it.
Feminism is a movement that supports the equality of both genders. But many wannabe feminist see it as an avenue to be men haters or avenue to ease themselves of gender roles and make men retain theirs. This has given feminism a bad name and made wannabe feminists are worst off those who Practice partraichy.
You see many so called feminist still insist a man handles all the bills, or a man should not hit back when a lady hits him first.
I created a thread on feminism some time back.Here is the link:https://www.nairaland.com/5246156/idea-feminism
A moniker liberalchick opposed me as though I was one of those still upholding patriarchy.

I have spent most of my life speaking up for females,and I am coming to be realize they to some extent deserve the ridicule they get from men.
Why do you think patriarchy is less prominent in developed by countries? because ladies are independent unlike Nigeria girls that will go out with a guy they don't fancy for free food(I am not against this though!). I can't keep fighting for women who feel entitled to a man pocket and feels he should not be entitled to her body. No gender owes any gender anything! A lady is not obliged to sleep with you except she choses to,and a guy is not obliged to spend a Kobo on you except he choses to!

The purpose of feminism is to liberate BOTH genders from the shackles society place on them,anybody who speaks up for just one gender is a sexist!

Feminism will never thrive until there is equality for both genders.

Today,a renowned male feminist @solomon buchi on Instagram who has always fought for women rights cautioned ladies against becoming men-haters and partial when it deals with fighting for feminism. Many ladies were pained,some called him names and many unfollowed him.
That is what I get when I tell girls to stop calling guys alone broke as broke should be used for any HUMAN with financial hardships-they attack me ferrociously!
The same ladies applaud me when I say the tag "hoes" should be used on both genders if they are sexually lose and not just females.

I concluded that speaking up for feminism ain't worth it anymore. I am a feminist!proud to be one, but I will be mute henceforth whenever patriarchy is practiced as females are the main opposition to feminism in Nigeria!

Cc:ubunja,saffi,fuministicqueen, Martinez39,MJBOLT,amatarasha,biglittlelois,illamina

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ednut1(m): 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
There are no feminists in Nigeria but bitter women. The solomon buchi guy self na ass licker. 9ja feminist claim they want equality but when it comes to splitting bills they no go gree. Ewu grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by 2dice01: 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
lemme pack my legwagen here grin

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
AkA the men haters, I'll never take any wannabe feminist serious....
You wrote well BTW

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 11:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
Michellekabod2:
Kudos to all the feminist advocating feminism,as for me,I quit as I realise that most of the ladies we fight for don't deserve it.
Feminism is a movement that supports the equality of both genders. But many wannabe feminist see it as an avenue to be men haters or avenue to ease themselves of gender roles and make men retain theirs. This has given feminism a bad name and made wannabe feminists are worst off those who Practice partraichy.
You see many so called feminist still insist a man handles all the bills, or a man should not hit back when a lady hits him first.
I created a thread on feminism some time back.Here is the link:https://www.nairaland.com/5246156/idea-feminism
A moniker liberalchick opposed me as though I was one of those still upholding patriarchy.

I have spent most of my life speaking up for females,and I am coming to be realize they to some extent deserve the ridicule they get from men.
Why do you think patriarchy is less prominent in developed by countries? because ladies are independent unlike Nigeria girls that will go out with a guy they don't fancy for free food(I am not against this though!). I can't keep fighting for women who feel entitled to a man pocket and feels he should not be entitled to her body. No gender owes any gender anything! A lady is not obliged to sleep with you except she choses to,and a guy is not obliged to spend a Kobo on you except he choses to!

The purpose of feminism is to liberate BOTH genders from the shackles society place on them,anybody who speaks up for just one gender is a sexist!

Today,a renowned male feminist @solomon buchi on Instagram who has always fought for women rights cautioned ladies against becoming men-haters and partial when it deals with fighting for feminism. Many ladies were pained,some called him names and many unfollowed him.
That is what I get when I tell girls to stop calling guys alone broke as broke should be used for any HUMAN with financial hardships-they attack me ferrociously!
The same ladies applaud me when I say the tag "hoes" should be used on both genders if they are sexually lose and not just females.

I concluded that speaking up for feminism ain't worth it anymore. I am a feminist!proud to be one, but I will be mute henceforth whenever patriarchy is practiced as females are the main opposition to feminism in Nigeria!

Cc:ubunja,saffi,fuministicqueen, Martinez39,MJBOLT,amatarasha,biglittlelois,illamina
NL feminists are lesbians

5 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
As long as you call yourself a Feminist, even a Western Feminist, you're still a loser.

13 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by etrange: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
AkA the men haters, I'll never take any wannabe feminist serious....

You wrote well BTW

How does feminism imply hatred for men?
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by etrange: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
ubunja:
NL feminists are lesbians

Such a bold assertion yet baseless. Lol

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by etrange: 11:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
ubunja:
As long as you call yourself a Feminist, even a Western Feminist, you're still a loser.

Cause the concept is wrong or you just don't like the title?

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
etrange:

How does feminism imply hatred for men?
Ask Nigerian feminists.... I guess theirs is different from the feminism I know...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Kentura(m): 11:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
Feminist my foot! Even with empty brain, some women claim Feminist.. Bitter set of people, they'll still trash talk themselves and undo all the goods they've done.

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2019
ednut1:
There are no feminists in Nigeria but bitter women. The solomon buchi guy self na ass licker. 9ja feminist claim they want equality but when it comes to splitting bills they no go gree. Ewu grin
There are few,I am one of them
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2019
etrange:

Cause the concept is wrong or you just don't like the title?
the concept is wrong

Men and Women can not be equal. We can debate who is above the other. For example under the Patriarchy women are regarded as better than men and to be protected and honored. It's not wrong in itself. But equality? Nah.

4 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by AstroG: 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2019
Michellekabod2:

And Finally SENSE located the SENSELESS shocked shocked
Isn't GOD so WONDERFUL cool cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 11:34pm On Aug 18, 2019
etrange:

Such a bold assertion yet baseless. Lol
how else can you explain the relentless hatred of men that drives them.

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Gerrard59(m): 11:39pm On Aug 18, 2019
Michellekabod2:

in Nigeria!

Not surprised you made this decision. Hitherto, I was one (my posts' history says it all) until recently (the 2016 US election contributed to my change) where I began to read ridiculous and cretinous arguments in favour of what I describe as misandry laced writeups. Modern day feminists misandrists have an innate hatred for men, their arguments are illogical and worse of all, they never ever accept responsibilities for actions taken. They love rights but not responsibilities!

Prior to now, a notable Nlder (Sagamite) has written about the illogical behaviour of these demons but I thought he was just arguing for arguing sake. However, recent events have proved him correct as EVERYTHING he has pointed out is manifesting. Additionally, what propelled me to change is the fvcktardic ideology that men earn more than women because they are men not because of other factors like: not paying the motherhood tax, better negotiating power, work longer, take less leave, study courses that have higher employment prospects, aim for well-paying jobs due to the evolutionary science of men being the provider etc. No! Our residents misandrists don't understand that aspect and keep sprouting stoopid claims that men earn more than women because of their gender.

Furthermore, on the aspect of men handling bills, have you heard or read about hypergamy? Have you read research papers showing that women gravitate towards men who have more money than they do? No matter how financially comfortable a woman is, she desires a male mate who has more than she does. Check your environment, it's always the men who have more financial resources than women. Meanwhile, same feminists misandrists comment that they prefer men who can take care of them. Changing the goalposts in the middle of the game. As much as a woman is independent, she desires a male mate who can provide for her and this IMO defeats the practice of feminism at the home front. (Un)fortunately, modern day feminism misandry cannot defeat evolutionary science aka nature.

Welcome to the club.

Regarding Solomon Buchi, could you please post the link to where he made the comment? I wonder what made him post such cos as it's, he has lost from both sides. His major base has insulted him and his gender base sees him in bad light. Anyway, na hin cross to carry.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by etrange: 11:40pm On Aug 18, 2019
Dear OP, I'd be dishonest to myself if I say I don't quite see your point. Women aren't making things easier for themselves and it's discouraging.

However, quiting a quest for equality of genders (a noble quest, I must say) cause women don't thrive to take care of themselves and be independent of men as much they should is like a doctor running away when he sees accident victims. Feminism is not all about chastising men and telling them how they should treat and make space for women. It's also about pushing women and telling them how they should thrive on their own. So what you mentioned as a reason for quiting feminism is actually part of the reason why were a feminist in the first place. You saw the problem you came to solve and you're running away. If Nigerian ladies were as resourceful as their male counterparts, they wouldn't be much need for feminists like yourself. Calling out lazy women, criticising ladies who feel entitiled, speaking against girls that trade their bodies for money, encouraging ladies to learn some skills, etc are as much the jobs of a feminist as criticizing men who treat women like second class citizens is.

Thetefore, I think what you need is not to quite the cause but to first review your definition of the concept of feminism and then decide afterwards if you can carry the cross.

My opinion

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by etrange: 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
ubunja:
how else can you explain the relentless hatred of men that drives them.

Hatred for men is called Misandry and not feminism. A misandrous lady might hide under the canopy of feminism but then that doesn't make feminism hatred for men. Every good cause has the tendency to be adulterated by some folks but such does not make the cause less worthwhile. Feminism is about equality and co-existence. This shouldn't be a problem for any well meaning individual.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
ubunja:

as long as you are ubunja then you remain a piece of cow dung

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 11:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
etrange:

Hatred for men is called Misandry and not feminism. A misandrous lady might hide under the canopy of feminism but then that doesn't make feminism hatred for men. Every good cause has the tendency to be adulterated by some folks but such does not make the cause less worthwhile. Feminism is about equality and co-existence. This shouldn't be a problem for any well meaning individual.

you're just repeating OP's words.

And that first line of yours is rather out of place. Where did I say hatred of men is feminism?

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
etrange:

Trust me you will not make progress arguing be with ubunja,he is a sex-starved misogynist and he even makes fun of black babies

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 11:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
Michellekabod2:
as long as you are ubunja then you remain a piece of cow dung
yet you call NL feminists the man haters....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by etrange: 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
ubunja:
the concept is wrong

Men and Women can not be equal. We can debate who is above the other. For example under the Patriarchy women are regarded as better than men and to be protected and honored. It's not wrong in itself. But equality? Nah.

Equality here is not about shying away from the fact that men are stronger in some places while women are better in others, no. In fact, equality here is about acknowledging those differences and appreciating the fact that they compliment each other so no gender is actually superior to the other. It's about removing prejudice. It's about equal opportunities and recognition. Let the woman try and fail, don't deny her the trial cause she's a woman.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
etrange:
Dear OP, I'd be dishonest to myself if I say I don't quite see your point. Women aren't making things easier for themselves and it's discouraging.

However, quiting a quest for equality of genders (a noble quest, I must say) cause women don't thrive to take care of themselves and be independent of men as much they should is like a doctor running away when he sees accident victims. Feminism is not all about chastising men and telling them how they should treat and make space for women. It's also about pushing women and telling them how they should thrive on their own. So what you mentioned as a reason for quiting feminism is actually part of the reason why were a feminist in the first place. You saw the problem you came to solve and you're running away. If Nigerian ladies were as resourceful as their male counterparts, they wouldn't be much need for feminists like yourself. Calling out lazy women, criticising ladies who feel entitiled, speaking against girls that trade their bodies for money, encouraging ladies to learn some skills, etc are as much the jobs of a feminist as criticizing men who treat women like second class citizens is.

Thetefore, I think what you need is not to quite the cause but to first review your definition of the concept of feminism and then decide afterwards if you can carry the cross.

My opinion
Am really moved by this...noted!
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
etrange:

Equality here is not about shying away from the fact that men are stronger in some places while women are better in others, no. In fact, equality here is about acknowledging those differences and appreciating the fact that they compliment each other so no gender is actually superior to the other. It's about removing prejudice. It's about equal opportunities and recognition. Let the woman try and fail, don't deny her the trial cause she's a woman.
then the word you're looking for is COMPLIMENTARY.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
ubunja:
yet you call NL feminists the man haters....
I don't hate men, I only criticise your foolish posts! Me calling you cow dung ain't because you are a man,but because of what you put up! I HAVE CALLED LADIES WORST NAMES THAN COW DUNG. So don't take it personally....I don't hate you

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by AstroG: 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2019
Michellekabod2:

I don't hate men, I only criticise your foolish posts! Me calling you cow dung ain't because you are a man,but because of what you put up! I HAVE CALLED LADIES WORST NAMES THAN COW DUNG. So don't take it personally....I don't hate you

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2019
etrange:

My opinion
I never quited being a feminist o, I only said I will not be speaking for them
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by cooooooks(m): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2019
Be like me. Have no labels. Social or religious. No labels.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
Michellekabod2:

so you hate men AND women.

What do you even stand for?

4 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by etrange: 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
ubunja:
then the word you're looking for is COMPLIMENTARY.

Thank you. You are right. Both genders compliment each other and are equal as none is superior to the other (this is not reality but the end goal)

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Masama: 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
Feminism as we have it now is a very misguided ideology being promoted by people who are motivated by hatred, bitterness and improper pride

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When You See A Man Doing This Naughty Thing [Picture] / SA Socialite Turns Heads At Mall Wearing Buttless Ripped Jeans (GRAPHIC PICS) / Mihailo Tolotos : The Only Man Never To Have Laid Eyes On A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.